Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Big Black Bowser

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
i appreciate that tehy're trying to differentiate paper mario from M&L by focusing on adventurey puzzles and less on traditional RPG stuff but also they should also find a better way to handle combat for the next one.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
whoops i bought more amiibos

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

Where is the bayonetta amiibo... :pray:

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

elf help book posted:

where did you get them from cause best buy has a sale on them atm

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

dragon enthusiast posted:

where did you get them from cause best buy has a sale on them atm

thats why i bought more

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I haven't gotten the Callie and Marie amiibos yet maybe nows the time.

Soral
May 30, 2009

The Milkman posted:

i appreciate that tehy're trying to differentiate paper mario from M&L by focusing on adventurey puzzles and less on traditional RPG stuff but also they should also find a better way to handle combat for the next one.

i dont appreciate it at all.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Soral posted:

i dont appreciate it at all.

We've got a live one folks.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Sticker Star was good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Where is the bayonetta amiibo... :pray:

https://www.platinumgames.com/official-blog/article/9081

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The secrets is cool

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

those secrets they share :stare:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

that's still too much probably

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

that's still too much probably

yeah. disappointment of the year for me, for sure.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

trying to jack off posted:

those secrets they share :stare:

I actually wrote out Balder and Rodin's move lists out since they weren't in the game. Looks like I missed some moves though...

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
PogChamp

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

This mario maker course is a masterwork. https://supermariomakerbookmark.nintendo.net/courses/BC4E-0000-021C-9898

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im going to finally finish metroid prime. i couldnt play it for ages and i finished getting all the artifacts yesterday which was annoying pointless backtracking imo. i think i picked normal which turns out used to be hard mode so meta ridley is extremely tedious

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I believe normal used to be easy actually

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also the neat thing about the artifacts is that you can find them without having to back track if you're good about exploring each area, because you usually double back through an earlier part of the game after you've gotten more upgrades as part of the regular progression and you can pick them up then

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Also the neat thing about the artifacts is that you can find them without having to back track if you're good about exploring each area, because you usually double back through an earlier part of the game after you've gotten more upgrades as part of the regular progression and you can pick them up then

yeah id found a few wi th out back tracking but theres so many its inevitable.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I believe normal used to be easy actually

ill check the actual diffculty i picked later but all i know is meta ridley takes a lot of hits and its insane

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Meta Ridley is a mega fucker for sure. When you beat him I'll show you a funny trick that instagibs him

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Meta Risley and the final boss are really cool thematically and in presentation but they're extremely tedious to actually fight

Soral
May 30, 2009

the final boss could easily have had the first phase cut in half and not lost any value or impact or whatever. just my opinion

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Imo everything about Metroid Prime is good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The final boss is great

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i checked and im playing on veteran which is normal in og metroid prime

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

meta ridley has been owned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nice. If you boost ball into his chest in the early phase it can deal more damage than is actually allowed by the transitions or whatever and you can crush him. Boost ball is the highest damage weapon in the game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

Nice. If you boost ball into his chest in the early phase it can deal more damage than is actually allowed by the transitions or whatever and you can crush him. Boost ball is the highest damage weapon in the game

:stare:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

giant enemy crab

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I only tell you that now because the final boss is immune to boost ball, so it's something to have fun with on your next playthrough :D

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i hit the giant enemy crabs weak point for massive damage but i lost to its final form since i got there with almost no health thatnks to the room of infinitely spawning metroids

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i lost heaps of health in that room because i normally clear out all the enemies and move on so i was foghting metroids for like 5 minutes before i realised they were just respawning :eng99:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off posted:

i lost heaps of health in that room because i normally clear out all the enemies and move on so i was foghting metroids for like 5 minutes before i realised they were just respawning :eng99:

yeah those final metroids are not fun lol. you wanna just jump through that area quickly

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i wasnt a sucker this time and am about to face the final form with full health lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

no escape sequence? thats a fail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Which ending did you get? And they have an escape sequence in 2/3 thankfully. Hell the escape sequence in 2 is probably the best part of the game