Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

yeah every time there's a nitro version of something ive had i get it just to compare and its never as good as the original

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Cat Face Joe posted:

yeah every time there's a nitro version of something ive had i get it just to compare and its never as good as the original

i dont really get the point of nitro

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Anal Del Raytheon posted:

i dont really get the point of nitro

it's insoluble in liquid (vs co2 which dissolves into the beverage) so you get smaller bubbles rapidly coming out of suspension which results in a creamier and smoother texture

it also means that beer carbonated and served with pure nitrogen gas will be flat in minutes. to combat this the nitrogen used for beverages isn't actually pure nitrogen, it's something like a 70/30 nitrogen/co2 blend.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

nitro really only works well with dark, heavy beers like stouts and porters, doing it to an ipa is just fuckin' gross

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
had a nitro pull at a local pub called sugarcookie and it was loving delicious

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SO DEMANDING posted:

nitro really only works well with dark, heavy beers like stouts and porters, doing it to an ipa is just fuckin' gross

this

nitro stouts can be really good but i wouldnt trust a nitro ipa

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Kuvo posted:

this

yeah, its def a no go for the future but i bet it pulls the older crowd that doesnt like the hoppiness

anywho, summer beers are starting to tap in the area and a new round of watching baseball languidly while sipping cold beer begin again. once the weather improves itll be patio season and theres a few new places im looking forward to trying

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Kuvo posted:

this

yeah ipas are trash

Lyon
Apr 17, 2003

Shaggar posted:

yeah ipas are trash

sounds like another genetic disorder you got yourself there

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

nitro ipas are a weird gimmick and the nitro should be left to stouts and porters

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

SO DEMANDING posted:

This but it's not gross imo, it's just.... Wasteful?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shaggar posted:

yeah ipas are trash

swr

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Shaggar posted:

yeah ipas are trash

shaggar was wrong? now ive seen everything

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Shaggar posted:

yeah ipas are trash

shaggar was right

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
the idea of a nitro'd ipa is frankly disgusting

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

graph posted:

the idea of a nitro'd ipa is frankly disgusting

no different than a regular ipa then

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/BoJackHorseman/status/989628541355548672

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
IPAs are bad, the new "over 10,000 IBU" metric that every brewery is trying to smash is just stupid.

they make a perfectly good normal beer, and then add in gallons of hop oil at the end to make it appeal to people who don't want to drink popular beers.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

bitter better

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
I've never had a nitro'd version of an already great stout and come away thinking it was an improvement.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
hi

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
anybody up for a shot?
im buyin

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

having a brew

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
today i drank a ruby red grapefruit cider because one of my friends is two hundred years old and keeps bringing cider to my parties

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
Drinking a deschutes fresh squeezed ipa

It’s good

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i didn’t mean to set off an alcoholic debate but I don’t think drinking to excess because it’s fun makes u an alcoholic

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

dribkings pretty cool so :twisted:

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

As far as IPA's go I tend to go for session IPA's now because they are made to be easier to drink so usually they're not as turbofucked with the hops. Less alcohol too but eh.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

OldAlias posted:

bitter better

this.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
watching my wife and our friend play beer pong at a local brewery

it’s a fundraiser for our friend’s kid’s school

it’s a public school

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
binge drinking has a low threshold yes but it’s basically, drinking to feel a bit drunk. that’s an “improper”use of alcohol as opposed to a mild one or two now and then

virtually no one who drinks drinks responsibly

I have a problem but I try to deal with it day by day. a six pack most evenings... could be much much worse (hence it’s not a big deal)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
“drinking to feel drunk is bad” say guidelines first formulated by a bunch of loving Calvinists and the Evanston Women’s Temperance League

also be sure to eat corn flakes so you don’t want to masturbate, all pleasure is sin and leads to nothing but ruin!

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

local breweries rolled out new seasonals so tonight was seasonals and watching cleveland win in baseball (left before the cavs were embarrassing)

also a nice sip of some vodka by a regional place as a night cap

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

eschaton posted:

“drinking to feel drunk is bad” say guidelines first formulated by a bunch of loving Calvinists and the Evanston Women’s Temperance League

also be sure to eat corn flakes so you don’t want to masturbate, all pleasure is sin and leads to nothing but ruin!

Local Atheist Chooses Logic, Alcoholism

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thing is health departments etc cant really be "well some is ok but moer is bad", because the combined evidence shows that alcohol is bad for you in virtually every way in an entirely dose related fashion, ie none is the only "ok" amount

they could be realistic wrt what people actually do.. but.. well they cant can they

like smoking and vaping and cannabis etc. we can try to do some "harm minimisation" poo poo but you can't really ever "recommend" a recreational drug or give safe doses because.. well... discussing recreational drug use in the medical community is just a no no. its not what drugs are for.

like I'd love to be a recreational drug pharmacist but I just know I'd be "mate nah 3 tabs you'll be sweet youve done 1 tab before a couple of times" and he ends up having a bad time..

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

thing is health departments etc cant really be "well some is ok but moer is bad", because the combined evidence shows that alcohol is bad for you in virtually every way in an entirely dose related fashion, ie none is the only "ok" amount

they could be realistic wrt what people actually do.. but.. well they cant can they

like smoking and vaping and cannabis etc. we can try to do some "harm minimisation" poo poo but you can't really ever "recommend" a recreational drug or give safe doses because.. well... discussing recreational drug use in the medical community is just a no no. its not what drugs are for.

like I'd love to be a recreational drug pharmacist but I just know I'd be "mate nah 3 tabs you'll be sweet youve done 1 tab before a couple of times" and he ends up having a bad time..

actually beer has vitamins so its good for you

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im drinking bourbon

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

eschaton posted:

i mean, on the one hand you're right, but the touchy thing with alcohol is that it is pretty easy to fall into a bad spiral with it (e.g. medicating feeling down or stressed with alcohol pretty naturally gets you more down or stressed as time goes on), which is not *really* true of masturbation (or e.g. tobacco), since it really has little in the way of ongoing drawbacks

overall how they interact with mental health issues is one of the more significant issues when it comes to recreational drugs, not really the surface issue of blowing up your liver, or even letting friends/family down by becoming physically addicted

not that i'd argue for a ban, but the issue of "what is too much" has no good answer because it depends too much on what is driving the use anyway

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

i think I’m starting to get to the age where barely any alcohol gives you a hangover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

roboshit posted:

dribkings pretty cool so :twisted: