Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Prav posted:

full party haste

Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

after this FF8 and banner 3 of the fest, whats the next best banner for +ice equipment?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Realms on Parade!!!!

0: Deuce SSB
T: Orlandeau USB (dupe)
15: Ignis LMR
14: Estinien LMR
13: Vanille USB
12: Balthier BSB2
11: Curilla BSB
10: Tidus OSB (dupe)
9: Beatrix USB
8: Rinoa SSB
7: Sephiroth USB
6: Cyan SSB (dupe)
5: Galuf SSB
4: Ursula BSB
3: Ingus LMR
2: Minwu USB

1: Matoya LMR - lol its bad

LMR: OK, Decil
OSB: Steiner, Quistis (dupe), Hope (dupe)
USB: Gilgamesh, Freya - neither dupes but neither particularly useful :/

Not a particularly great parade, not compared to previous ones anyway, but I did come away with two really good relics I think with Beatrix and Minwu USBs

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
USB lucky gave me an ExDeath USB dupe (think this might have been my first ever USB, wow!) and Hope USB. RoP finished off with a stinker - Thief LMR. I'm not going to pretend that I didn't get some bomb-rear end gear from RoP this time:

FFT: Ovelia BSB
T0: Ace OSB
XV: Iris USB
XIV: Thancred SSB (dupe)
XIII: Snow USB
XII: Vaan BSB
XI: Lion LMR
X: Yuna LMR, Paine USB (dupe)
IX: Zidane OSB
VIII: Squall AOSB
VII: Reno BSB
VI: Edgar SSB (dupe)
V: ExDeath SSB
IV: Kain CSB (dupe)
III: OK mUSB
II: Gordon LMR
I: Thief LMR

Kumog
Dec 28, 2006
Am I your god?

fridge corn posted:

1: Matoya LMR - lol its bad

If you have her USB, or give her TGCid mode, she is obscene for stacking chains with that LMR and witch spells. 15 potency over 6 hits is badass compared to 11.8 for 5* black magic.

theem
Nov 17, 2006
So... Realms on Parade:

0 Rem OSB
T Agrias USB
15 Noctis SSB
14 Estinien SSB
13 Snow BSB, Serah BSB
12 Vaan SSB
11 Curilla BSB
10 Lulu USB (dupe)
9 Vivi LM
8 Quistis OSB
7 Yuffie USB(1, I think)
6 Locke USB
5 Kelger USB
4 Tellah BSB
3 Cloud of Darkness USB
2 Firion SSB
1 Echo SSB

Lucky 1: Not enough Mythril for this one
Lucky 2: Orlandeau OSB, Krile OSB, Ultimecia OSB, Strago OSB
Lucky 3: Faris USB, Rydia USB, King USB

I started playing a month or so before the last summer fest and I think I got more dupes back then, so I consider this a success. I just unlocked the magicite dungeons and the most noteworthy and useful ones so far seem to be Kelger’s and Locke’s thingies. Is there anything obvious I might be missing here?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

agrias is good not sure which USB you have as there are 2, CoD's USB isn't awful... it does do a group magic buff, vivi is real good not sure which LM you got, but without his BSB or USB it's meh anyway until you get some more tech for him.

kelger USB will prob be good for torment, also earth focused ninja is interesting and I didn't know it was a thing; ninjas rock they can poo poo out damage like crazy, but kelger's dive seems meh (shadow/yuffie/edge get double cast ninja abilities)

theem
Nov 17, 2006

MF_James posted:

agrias is good not sure which USB you have as there are 2, CoD's USB isn't awful... it does do a group magic buff, vivi is real good not sure which LM you got, but without his BSB or USB it's meh anyway until you get some more tech for him.

kelger USB will prob be good for torment, also earth focused ninja is interesting and I didn't know it was a thing; ninjas rock they can poo poo out damage like crazy, but kelger's dive seems meh (shadow/yuffie/edge get double cast ninja abilities)

Thanks! Agrias’ USB is Divine Devastation (every other knight ability has a chance to trigger holy imperil), dunno if that’s too useful. I have Vivi’s BSB and the LM is the en-fire one, so that’s nice at least. I would assume that King’s USB is a pretty good one too (doublecast machinist), my lightning team so far has been just Kain (USB) and Ashe (USB, AOSB).

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
Alright, so RoP review:

0 - Queen USB
T - Alma BSB
15 - Gladiolus LMR (dupe)
14 - Minfilia BSB (dupe)
13 - Sazh SSB (dupe)
12 - Gabranth LMR
11 - Curilla USB
10 - Seymour LMR
9 - Garnet SSB
8 - Raijin OSB
7 - Barret BSB
6 - Leo SSB
5 - Krile LMR
4 - Decil LMR
3 - Desch USB
2 - Minwu LMR
1 - Echo BSB

Honestly, only 3 dupes out of 17 is way less than I was expecting. A few USB's, and getting Krile and Seymour LMR's were nice since I have their respective Fire and Dark Chains, so getting extra doublecasts on those characters is more than welcome. Not too shabby.

Lucky Draws:

LMR - 2/11, Freya and Lenna - ehh
OSB - 3/11, Fang, Edgar, WoL (dupe) - well, getting a 6* gun is nice at least
USB - 1/11, Selphie USB. Cool

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
USB Lucky 3/11: Morrow, Ingus, Machina.

Are any of those good?

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

MarquiseMindfang posted:

USB Lucky 3/11: Morrow, Ingus, Machina.

Are any of those good?

Morrow USB is not bad, but it's on a character you traditionally want to entrust bot with. I'm not sure how you'd be able to use it in practice but the USB itself is OK.

Machina is...suboptimal, but I think the USB is fine. It becomes real good if you have a way of keeping up the blinks.

Ingus USB is fantastic!

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
In a pleasant turn of events, this pre-fest absolutely lavished me in Good poo poo™

Bolded things I'm stoked about

===

ROP

0: King USB :blastu:
T: Ovelia BSB2
15: Noctis USB - DUPE
14: Minfilia USB :banjo:
13: Raines USB (Personal want!!!) :carol:
12: Balthier BSB1
11: Lion BSB
10: Must have been a dupe I rosetta'd? I can't remember! I usually don't do that...I'm starting to believe I forgot to do 10.
9: Amarant LMR
8: Fujin SSB (this is actually pretty great! I have no wind mages)
7: Zack LMR
6: Edgar BSB1
5: Dorgann LMR
4: Pecil LMR2
3: Ingus USB :awesome:
2: Maria SSB
1: Wol USB :prepop:

LMR Lucky
Alphinaud
Tifa
Hope

USB Lucky
Maria :siren::siren::siren::siren::siren:
Braska
Sephiroth 1

===

so uh, yeah I kinda cleaned up.

ONLY TWO DUPES FOR PRE-FEST

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

ceaselessfuture posted:

10: Must have been a dupe I rosetta'd? I can't remember! I usually don't do that...I'm starting to believe I forgot to do 10.
if you didn't pull on 10, the banner would still be up

Edit: are you sure Braska is from the USB lucky?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Bruceski posted:

Does Onion's mUSB give hastega, or just haste himself? The game is inconsistent in wording, his BSB says "to all allies", pUSB is "grant them Haste" and mUSB says "blah blah to all allies, grants haste, and enter Sage EX Mode"

I don't thiiiiiink there are any USBs which give self-only haste. Maybe there's one lonely selfish rear end in a top hat USB, but IIRC the only things that grant self-only Haste are materias and BSBs.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
I think this game is gonna lead to my gf killing me. I'm currently something like 6/26 on the daily draw with 3 of those being 6 stars. Meanwhile she hasn't received anything over a 4 star.

Our RoP luck was pretty good though with at least one of us getting a 6 star nearly every night. I think just two or three of the nights had us each get a single 5 star.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
Since the supers are removed from the pull pool next RoP my plan for this one was to get all of them now. I succeed beyond my wildest imaginations.

Literally Bartz ASB and 16 rosettas. While that "haul" pales in comparison to what a lot of folks get one mega relic is easily worth 85 mythril. USB lucky was King and Ace which is amazing for realm synergy, T0 is one of my no disco realms. Or was.

Moving on, these dumb magicites. I realized I actually, factually have an earth OSB in my Gladiolus +fire sword I've been using for ages so I could do away with the mostly unreliable OK memes and build a non-joke 5* physical lightning magicite team.

OK USB, LMR
Elarra USB
Tifa USB2, ASB
Bartz USB1, BSB3, ASB
Gladiolus OSB

The best support in game, the best healer in game. The best, or at least one of the top3 earth DPS in game with an ASB and a massive Butts. + earth gear on both slots for both of the DPS.

Easy, right? Well, I recorded one of my clears while farming the remaining flying eels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLKx5TCHZuw

Sure it's not a flawless performance but it's pretty hard to do a flawless 15 minute fight. A 15 minute mobile game fight that you're expected to farm somewhat to get all the benefit out of it.

I would not recommend doing this content without an elemental chain. Holy moly. Look at how loving tanky that rear end in a top hat is, Tifa gets in eight (8) ironfists and ten (10) critgarbos and it's not even close to being enough.

Gladio's OSB when not critting has some trouble breaking five digits for savage removal if you get a low roll so if you were expecting to use the much weaker Stone Press on a character without en-Earth then get hosed I guess. Cloud USB's +30% damage boost might be barely enough.

I'd target chains for your pulls if you ever want to clear these without a headache. Or just ignore they exist like a sane person.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

Nihilarian posted:

if you didn't pull on 10, the banner would still be up

Edit: are you sure Braska is from the USB lucky?

Yep, got it today. Turns out Braska is real good?

I must have Rosetta'd the X. I wonder what it was.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
Pretty bad RoP, lots of SSBs and only one (mediocre) USB:
0: Ace SSB
T: Gaff LMR
15: Noctis Glint
14: Minfilia SSB (dupe)
13: Sazh SSB1 and Lightning BSB2 (dupe)
12: Vaan LMR1
11: Ampmau SSB
10: Jecht BSB1
9: Zidane OSB
8: Raijin BSB
7: Reno SSB
6: Locke SSB1
5: Krile LMR2
4: Ceadore USB
3: Luneth SSB (dupe)
2: Lelia BSB
1: Serah BSB (dupe)

3/11 on my USB pull: Rikku USB2, Nabaat USB, and Fujin USB. None of these are game changers, but maybe I can squeeze them into torments.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
Fujin is pretty legit unless you're drowning in magical wind already, a few people in the Discord were talking about choosing it in the USB select.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Luckily no one is drowning in magical wind, so Fujin USB is always good

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
I do not like Final Fantasy 4. Stop giving me stuff for Palom! I have her LMR, her USB, her BSB, and I feel like bunches of other stuff for her. I don't know why this game wants to keep giving me lightning wizard stuff, but it started with Shantotto's CSB turning into 100% of Shantotto's relics, then it moved to Garnet, then Marach, now Palom.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Palom is a guy and his USB is one of the top mage USBs in the game regardless of element.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Zodiac5000 posted:

I do not like Final Fantasy 4. Stop giving me stuff for Palom! I have her LMR, her USB, her BSB, and I feel like bunches of other stuff for her. I don't know why this game wants to keep giving me lightning wizard stuff, but it started with Shantotto's CSB turning into 100% of Shantotto's relics, then it moved to Garnet, then Marach, now Palom.

I'm sorry that you've had to suffer having one of the best mages in the game.

:rolleyes:

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008

Ripley posted:

Fujin is pretty legit unless you're drowning in magical wind already, a few people in the Discord were talking about choosing it in the USB select.

Ah, I though the quickcast was 1 turn, but rereading and looking at Enlir, it's 15s, which makes a pretty huge difference. Still, I feel like she'd be pretty far down on the USB list after Vivi, Bartz, ability doubles, etc.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Attestant posted:

I'm sorry that you've had to suffer having one of the best mages in the game.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure he's an amazing wizard, but I can't get invested or interested about FFIV character and the game is trying to make me, so he'll just sit there like Garnet and her stupid jumpsuit at level 45 or whatever. Give me the hot trash stuff for Garland that nobody wants! or weird stuff for like... Red XIII LMRs or something! Stuff for people I use!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I can't help but get a little salty at people who get showered with top tier tech but never use it because they're not "invested" in that particular game or whatever.

Palom's a good character, just use him ya dingus.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Honestly the sooner you accept this isnt a game to play with your ideal A team the better off you'll be.

eelmonger
Jun 20, 2008
"Who the gently caress is Shelke?"

I dunno, but she's on all my magicite teams.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

My total RoP haul:
0: Queen OSB
T: Mustadio USB
15: Ingus LMR
14: Papalymo OSB (dupe)
13: Lightning SSB
12: Balthier LMR
11: Curilla SSB
10: Jecht SSB I think
9: Eiko BSB (fourth dupe)
8: Rinoa CSB
7: Cloud SSB
6: Setzer LMR
5: Gogo SSB (dupe)
4: Edge BSB
3: Arc LMR
2: Scott BSB
1: Warrior OSB
LMR: Squall, Snow
Ultra: OK mUSB

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

Honestly the sooner you accept this isnt a game to play with your ideal A team the better off you'll be.

It seems to be perfectly fine to do this in Realm Dungeons, so that is what i'm doing for now. :colbert:

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Honestly you can do whatever you want, it's just a f2p gacha game, I'm certainly not going to tell people that they're playing it wrong.

But coming into the thread to complain about getting lots of really great SBs for a character you don't like and saying you're never going to use them is kinda dumb.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Best way to play this game is to pick good waifus. That way you get best of both worlds.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I use Simon Chubby on my holy Magicite teams and he’s a jerk with a dad bod! Hell, he even helped clear 30s on Siren with a physical team! He is a good fugleman.

Armitage fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Sep 24, 2018

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Fister Roboto posted:

Honestly you can do whatever you want, it's just a f2p gacha game, I'm certainly not going to tell people that they're playing it wrong.

But coming into the thread to complain about getting lots of really great SBs for a character you don't like and saying you're never going to use them is kinda dumb.

Aight, didn't mean to raise hackles. I was trying to make a lighthearted gripe about my pulls not being what I wanted and clearly missed that mark if people got miffed or think I'm being dumb, so I'm sorry about that.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Zodiac5000 posted:

Aight, didn't mean to raise hackles. I was trying to make a lighthearted gripe about my pulls not being what I wanted and clearly missed that mark if people got miffed or think I'm being dumb, so I'm sorry about that.

Some of us are just really salty about having to use Vaan even though he shouldn't have been in FF12 in the first place, but damnit, he gets results!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Zodiac5000 posted:

It's OK I'm just being dumb and angry online.

But definitely give Palom a try, you might end up liking him.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.
So I hear a fest is coming, maybe even as soon as a few hours. I have some banner reviews for you... or rather JP player SolitaireD does since I'm a lazy bum. Allof the banners are good but especially don't sleep on banner 1 for earth magic since it's ultra rare to get. Another big consideration should be Elarra USB on banner 3 for people missing it which also has OK USB3 that does earth and water magic damage.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/114492-final-fantasy-record-keeper?search=fantasy%20festival

He's yet to do banner 5 but knowing the dude it'll be up before the banner comes.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Zodiac5000 posted:

I totally get that one. Probably at least 25% of my posts are "I pulled [awesome USB] but that means I have to level that character up and consider diving them and is it really THAT much better than [pretty good character] who's already on my team for that element?" Heck, my first pull of the RoP was Mustadio's USB, which is good and he dives for doublecast mechanist and that's all around great, and my first thought was "but I already use Edgar so I'd have to craft dupes of all the mechanist abilities. :effort: " I've managed to "nice but I don't have anything for mages" my way into having some great mage characters, but my mentality is phys-based enough that I still view them as having to be self-sufficient as an add-in to a phys team. Hopefully getting OK's mUSB will change that, I've definitely built my phys teams around his other one.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

The worst is fuckin Buk who has literally all the top tech, for everyone, forever, and comes to us for help with bosses, completely unknowing that he's sitting on a mountain of riches and instead attempting Golem with Gust and poo poo. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

oof

my comeuppance for getting 6 USBs and 2 CSBs in the RoP I guess