Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

:ok:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

The most fun part of Arcanum was building steam robots and guns that shoot knives and electrical top hats, not roleplaying

Bleu
Jul 19, 2006

man who's only played disco elysium: hmmm.........getting a lot of "disco elysium" vibes from this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Fortnite Summer Event starts today. Here is a video rundown of the free cosmetics from this event. Some of them are very, very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in06Je-jO0I

I really like the backbling banana and frog. The dragonfly glider rules too. The new vine contrail is cool. Emote is also great.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

It's very funny when people quote "What can Change the Nature of a Man?"

And like the game has a definitive answer to that question in the final conversations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Mr Hootington posted:

Fortnite Summer Event starts today. Here is a video rundown of the free cosmetics from this event. Some of them are very, very good.

I really like the backbling banana and frog. The dragonfly glider rules too. The new vine contrail is cool. Emote is also great.

the backpack looks dope

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Planescape is The Catcher in the Rye of video games

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Hell yeah, love Rincewind

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr Hootington posted:

Dragonfly glider is very cool

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Mr Hootington posted:

You may notice I've got a little bit of a nanabuddy going on

Why does every YouTube guy have a voice that sounds like their voice is actually coming from a tiny man who lives in their nose?

Gumball Gumption has issued a correction as of 17:59 on Jul 4, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

BUSH 2112 posted:

the one thing that really irritated me was that they set up this idea that you'd have to choose between Lilith and Mephisto, or Lilith and the Knights Penitent, or maybe both - which would have made sense for setting up the PVP element of the game. instead, both Lilith and Mephisto make some really good points about how you're actually being kind of an idiot for opposing them, and then the writers force you to completely ignore that and do ... whatever. given the choice, i would gladly have sided with Lilith, she's generally a sympathetic character and again, she makes good points about why you're actually just loving Sanctuary over and perpetuating a forever-war by opposing her.

IIRC Neyrelle or Mephisto (forget which) kind of correctly makes the point that Lilith, as a Hatred demon, absolutely can't be trusted to actually care about supporting Sanctuary. Her whole thing is being an expert at manipulating people, and her actual actions mostly consist of going around everywhere and doing Evil Stuff. The implication (that the game neither confirms nor denies, which was actually smart of it IMO) is that Lilith only wants to use Sanctuary to take over Hell, and that allowing her to absorb Mephisto just facilitates this. But Lilith and/or Neyrelle (forget which again lol) make a similar point about Mephisto - he's a Prime Evil, obviously not a trustworthy guy. Lilith is also likely correct about Mephisto, but is just making that argument towards her own ends of "absorbing Mephisto and taking over Hell herself."

So Neyrelle's plan, that you go along with, is to gently caress them both over by sticking Mephisto in the stone and letting the protagonist kill Lilith (going against both their plans). Though Neyrelle also seems kind of dumb and is likely going to get corrupted by Mephisto while she wanders around with his soul stone. It's very dumb that Lorath is like "we should support the wishes of this moron who is basically going off to do "Dark Wanderer 2.0, Mephisto Edition."

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
if angels can fall, demons can ascend. if anyone in fiction deserves a redemption arc it's lillith.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I don't think I've ever been so surprised to see the gold frame around an achievement. You're supposed to catch the fish. Is no one else catching the fish?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
so the guy's a world class fisherman and sushi chef? doesn't seem like that much of a loser to me

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

boo boo bear posted:

if angels can fall, demons can ascend. if anyone in fiction deserves a redemption arc it's lillith.
yep. the argument for her being evil is just projection from her ex, who explicitly only cares about sanctuary as a means to get back into heaven. it's a divorced dad story, just with a shifted focus.

Ytlaya posted:

So Neyrelle's plan, that you go along with, is to gently caress them both over by sticking Mephisto in the stone and letting the protagonist kill Lilith (going against both their plans). Though Neyrelle also seems kind of dumb and is likely going to get corrupted by Mephisto while she wanders around with his soul stone. It's very dumb that Lorath is like "we should support the wishes of this moron who is basically going off to do "Dark Wanderer 2.0, Mephisto Edition."

well, she hasn't stuck it in her own head, yet, so she's got a leg up compared to the Dark Wanderer

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006

Al! posted:

so the guy's a world class fisherman and sushi chef? doesn't seem like that much of a loser to me

get this: he likes anime

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah Dave is pwnage

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

KirbyKhan posted:

Eve didn't scratch the right itch. I reinstalled Albion Online to see if that was closer to the RuneScape grind my heart desires.

albion is some crazy poo poo. when i played it i was with a group that had a french shotcaller (lots of french in the alliance) and had to follow orders in french. im not fluent in french but it ended up working out anyway in big battles for territory. very neat little game with (imo) a good grind

just make sure you get into the politics part asap

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

A Buttery Pastry posted:

well, she hasn't stuck it in her own head, yet, so she's got a leg up compared to the Dark Wanderer

100% as soon as I realized what was going on I knew they would be doing this soon.

you’ll see it in the dlc without a doubt.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS
played eve a long time ago and only when I'd get off work early in the morning. I was in a space guild named Wodka or something, so if I wanted to go out and do fleet ops I had a choice between some russians and a bunch of dudes I refered to as 'chav fleet'. I couldn't understand either of them, but it didn't really matter.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Red Baron posted:

100% as soon as I realized what was going on I knew they would be doing this soon.

you’ll see it in the dlc without a doubt.
it adds up: D1 + D3 = D4

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

boo boo bear posted:

Wrong. It's Mephisto. Everyone is all "Torgal this" and "Torgal that," but the actual "best boy" of 2023 gaming is Mephisto. Extremely hosed up that the protagonist would betray him.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

CIA owned acti-bliz won't ever write a story about breaking the status quo

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
I get what people are saying when they say FFXVI isn’t a “real” Final Fantasy but it’s also way better than whatever a “real” one would have been

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ben Nerevarine posted:

I get what people are saying when they say FFXVI isn’t a “real” Final Fantasy but it’s also way better than whatever a “real” one would have been

It's really fun, and the boss fights actually feel good. The boss fights were also the best part of FF 15.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

I have carved up or airlifted about 100 giant trevally and haven't gotten a single fin. Rare miss from Dave the Diver, grinding materials is never fun in games.

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 54 days!
synthetik is badass. cant believe i never played this before.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Ben Nerevarine posted:

its not a real final fantasy if it has voice acting and isnt boring as hell

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

croup coughfield posted:

synthetik is badass. cant believe i never played this before.

oh hell yeah. the sequel is different but also very good. still EA though

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Lostconfused posted:

Skill issue.

Exactly the problem. It shouldn't be a skill issue, because it should be a reflection of your numbers having gone up enough that you don't need to be skilled to pull it off.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
dragon's dogma is one game that makes me kind of miss level scaling :[

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Duplicate Roadwarden key if anyone wants:
2YEV5-K7KB8-4LYVJ

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

genericnick posted:

Duplicate Roadwarden key if anyone wants:
2YEV5-K7KB8-4LYVJ

Nabbed

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Schmoe Cwead posted:

its not a real final fantasy if it has voice acting and isnt boring as hell

One out of two isn't bad right?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

turn off the TV posted:

Pretty much everyone I know who does well at the game is close to or over 30. Your ability to play FPS games doesn't really decline with age.

largely depends on the gunplay. like i'd never be able to do snap headshots point blank with a sniper, but most of battlebit is about positioning/maintaining your cover. its very funny how the games milsim roots meet its casual mechanics i.e. pickaxe for a firing hole vs rpg gently caress you

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

yeah I’m doing pretty good in Battlebit with a cumulative KD of 1.75 largely because of claymore abuse and lurking in the right spots with the SAW to mow down entire squads. just unlocked the FLIR for the SAW and it’s not nearly as OP as I had hoped but I can see it being really good on dmrs

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The ttk is too low for me in battlebit, I need to out think people to win and that ship has also sailed. Still having good fun just makes me reminisce about bad company 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
i really hope the battelbit more milsimmy game mode that they've talked about developing scratches that Project Reality itch. A lot of parts of the game make me think at least one of them knows whats up. even the casual milsim stuff is good though. Love putting holes in a hardened building that is locking down a cap point with an rpg/vehicle