Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Fingers crossed for star citizen by the end of the year, guys!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

AlmightyPants posted:

You claimed you never mentioned a ticket, he brought up the exact post where you mentioned a ticket. Now you're denying it. I know you're super into shitposting but maybe you could try reading what has been said before refuting it? Even a little effort would make a huge difference! :)

I believe the phrase you are looking for is gaslighting. And yes, that is Moma's immediate defense mechanism when confronted with situations just like this. Sorry Moma, but one thing I have learned from playing in this sandbox is that you can bullshit and kick it around, but you have to keep it real with everyone here.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

quote:

Mega Map (Singleplayer)

Originally moved out of the 2.6.0 goals due to the time required to complete this.
Tests on this feature in our Development branch have been promising, so we are aiming to release the singleplayer aspect of the Mega Map with 2.6.1
Work for this is now Complete
This is now in testing with QA and may require more time for bugfixing

Is the Star Citizen PU supposed to be both multi and single player now? I'm once again confused by MegaMap.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Star Citizen has taught me that Germany is a land of angry Karls auditing each other.

As a German, I find your comment highly offensive. :mad:

Also, I have scheduled your audit for next Monday, 9am. Please have your 401(k) or 403(b) records ready. Thank you.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Propagandist posted:

Fingers crossed for star citizen by the end of the year, guys!!!!

Bookmark the next 3 months!

(approaching its 1 year anniversary for you poop touchers)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tarquinn posted:

As a German, I find your comment highly offensive. :mad:

Also, I have scheduled your audit for next Monday, 9am. Please have your 401(k) or 403(b) records ready. Thank you.

I will see you then Karl.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MilesK posted:

Is the Star Citizen PU supposed to be both multi and single player now? I'm once again confused by MegaMap.

No-one knows, least of all CIG.
MegaMap is just the idea of not having a fixed space that you move around in, but rather that the player is the centre of their respective universe, and everything is loaded in around them at the appropriate pace. Coincidentally, MegaMap, if they used it intelligently, would remove the need for stuff like localised physics and even many of the issues related to instancing. But they're not doing that.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Apparently things are so hosed up at CIG that some are considering a career change to comedy.

https://twitter.com/SandiGardiner/status/829051084270219264

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

AP posted:

Apparently things are so hosed up at CIG that some are considering a career change to comedy.

8 people in an engineering standup?

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lladre posted:

I'm not sure what to make of a CS employee of a company posting that.

This is epic.

I'm sure everything is fine on the inside of CIG.

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

AP posted:

Well, making a joke (of a game) is the one thing they are actually good at doing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

8 people in an engineering standup?

It's a 30 hour show.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Tippis posted:

No-one knows, least of all CIG.
MegaMap is just the idea of not having a fixed space that you move around in, but rather that the player is the centre of their respective universe, and everything is loaded in around them at the appropriate pace. Coincidentally, MegaMap, if they used it intelligently, would remove the need for stuff like localised physics and even many of the issues related to instancing. But they're not doing that.

Mega map is simply going to be not having to back out to the main menu or restart the game client everytime you want to switch from the pu to star marine or whatever else

It will be an in game console (I think they used to have this ? ) or other selection screen , maybe even a choice of 3 doors from your hanger ? To give it that real 90s wing commander feel

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MeLKoR posted:

Not only that, "nested instances" is how they propose to have 1000 people in one place. The "porous instances" was a shot from the hip when asked what happened if someone opened a hole in your hull. Would you be able to see what was happening out there if your ship was so big (>20 people lol) that it needed it's own instance? Even if all of this magic came to life the next question is... what happens when your ship is blown up and you are suddenly dropped in the "parent" instance which is already at the ~20 person limit?

After a while I realized it's better not to ask, it's instances all the way down.

This right here - the bolded part - is why this project is a scam. They never had any idea whatsoever how to build this right from day one.

CIG: SHIPS WILL BE BIG AND HAVE TONS OF PLAYERS LOL.
Backer: How will you handle instance sizes and whatnot with ships so large with so many crew?
CIG: ... UHH ... SHIPS WILL BE THEIR OWN INSTANCES.
Backer: Then how will people in different ships see each other?
CIG: ... THERE ... WE ... WE'RE GOING TO HAVE POROUS INSTANCES THAT COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER
Backer: Can I get a refund now?

There's not a single part of this project that was ever considered, from any angle, at any time. Every question you can ask about "but how is x supposed to work" is a new problem they hadn't planned for, have no answer to, and will lie about by saying they've got it all figured out. In the meantime their "2.6" is a broken piece of poo poo that doesn't deserve to clean the crap out of the portable toilets that Ride to Hell: Retribution drives by on its way to work. And all the while, the most credulous apes in human history are believing every word.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Scruffpuff posted:

CIG: SHIPS WILL BE BIG AND HAVE TONS OF PLAYERS LOL.
Backer: How will you handle instance sizes and whatnot with ships so large with so many crew?
CIG: ... UHH ... SHIPS WILL BE THEIR OWN INSTANCES.
Backer: Then how will people in different ships see each other?
CIG: ... THERE ... WE ... WE'RE GOING TO HAVE POROUS INSTANCES THAT COMMUNICATE WITH EACH OTHER
Backer: When is the next sale?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

There's not a single part of this project that was ever considered, from any angle, at any time.

That's not true. They spend weeks and months on the next ship sale , and marketing in anticipation of those sales

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

AP posted:

God this looks like a normal standup until you see the prison like bars on the windows. Stay safe, developer ghosts.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Scruffpuff posted:

In the meantime their "2.6" is a broken piece of poo poo that doesn't deserve to clean the crap out of the portable toilets that Ride to Hell: Retribution drives by on its way to work.

Now lets not be hasty. The road segments in Ride to Hell where "Big rig racing" level of poo poo. 2.6, by itself, is at least a good looking, if very buggy, Crysis mod where you can buy hats.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Prison bars in the studio. Windows in the game some day. Art reveals the thought process of the creator. Give my people a view, for my outlook is bleak.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

The "porous instances" was a shot from the hip when asked what happened if someone opened a hole in your hull.

Full Stop right there. This is where the "Where is your proof goonie?" gets dunked on Vince Carter style. It doesn't matter what weapon you shoot at those chariots with, there is no way to just blow a hole in any ship in this game. Once the shields are gone, they blow the gently caress up. There is no disabling, crippling, (save that EMP bullshit) or breaching the hull in any way. Now I am sure some autist thinks they will use an EMP and then leave his chariot to float over to the other ship and try and open the door to get in, but that really isn't a hull breach now is it? Also what do they think the commando's inside the broken chariot are going to be doing when that guy is floating towards their ship? They are going to be stacked at the only way in.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Full Stop right there. This is where the "Where is your proof goonie?" gets dunked on Vince Carter style. It doesn't matter what weapon you shoot at those chariots with, there is no way to just blow a hole in any ship in this game. Once the shields are gone, they blow the gently caress up. There is no disabling, crippling, (save that EMP bullshit) or breaching the hull in any way. Now I am sure some autist thinks they will use an EMP and then leave his chariot to float over to the other ship and try and open the door to get in, but that really isn't a hull breach now is it? Also what do they think the commando's inside the broken chariot are going to be doing when that guy is floating towards their ship? They are going to be stacked at the only way in.

Don't you remember when they were showing off the pictures of individual damage modeling for each pipe, server rack, and power conduit in ships ?

What you say that was like 2 years ago and they haven't bothered to show anything since?

Well that must mean it's done and they're just waiting to flip the switch

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
Roll on 2 and don't wet the sponge, I want to see this enterprise vibrate and kick from the worst kind of electricity.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

fargom posted:

God this looks like a normal standup until you see the prison like bars on the windows. Stay safe, developer ghosts.

jpegs arent allowed to escape the building. not even through the anus.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

Don't you remember when they were showing off the pictures of individual damage modeling for each pipe, server rack, and power conduit in ships ?

What you say that was like 2 years ago and they haven't bothered to show anything since?

Well that must mean it's done and they're just waiting to flip the switch

They did show damage modeling, but none of just a hull breach. Just the static bits and pieces of the chariots as they are destroyed. In no way was there a way that demonstrated that the damage states are dynamic in any way.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

intardnation posted:

jpegs Little Sisters aren't allowed to escape the building. not even through the anus.

FIFY.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/PoisedGrasshopperArsonNoSexy

https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/CloudyQueleaKappa

https://clips.twitch.tv/wtfosaurus/ExcitedGuanacoOSfrog

WFTOsaurus is on salty form tonight

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

They did show damage modeling, but none of just a hull breach. Just the static bits and pieces of the chariots as they are destroyed. In no way was there a way that demonstrated that the damage states are dynamic in any way.

You need to have faith in Chris man , he is a rock star when it comes to game developement

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Yeah real cool man lots of fun to be had of a man with obvious terminal hypernatremia :colbert:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

peter gabriel posted:

Saying ED is bad will somehow make SC good

Also comparing against it is good. Because it's like 3 or 4 years old now, with 2 delivered DLC and a 3rd on the way.

It's really neck and neck with which one is better. Maybe people will still be playing it in the far future when SC is released? Though I think there are a few indie SC-like games itching to fill that void first.

But yes, the more Elite suck Los the closer SC is to reality. So if you compare it to say, Sopwith Camel, Star Citizen is real close to being the best game ever made.

Just lower the bar until Star Citizen is awesome. Also everybody who tried to own Derek over the Internet also helps SC be closer to completion.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

You need to have faith in Chris man , he is a rock star when it comes to game developement

Faith in someone that has a track record of being run out of every industry that he has ever tried to work in is just something I don't have.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

DapperDon posted:

Faith in someone that has a track record of being run out of every industry that he has ever tried to work in is just something I don't have.

You're just a filthy content locust and leaver

I'd love to hear from one of Chris' used car clients though 'he sold me a car without the engine and seats , and kept stammering and mumbling that they would be introduced in only 2 weeks'

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Yeah real cool man lots of fun to be had of a man with obvious terminal hypernatremia :colbert:

Tis true I do like to mock the afflicted

specifically Canadian redheads

his nibs fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 7, 2017

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Sappo569 posted:

You're just a filthy content locust and leaver

I'd love to hear from one of Chris' used car clients though 'he sold me a car without the engine and seats , and kept stammering and mumbling that they would be introduced in only 2 weeks'

I will have you know good sir that I have not refunded my starter package and am no filthy leaver. As long as I have that, I can talk all of the poo poo I want to from the position of a backer. What I am really hoping for is that they force refund me like they did with Derek. Maybe then Senpai will notice me.

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I googled, I laughed.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Chunjee posted:

I googled, I laughed.

I think balls man did that joke in the last thread, I'm afraid not too many people got it back then.

I see a lot of potential in the term

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Chunjee posted:

I googled, I laughed.

:negative:

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

How do we provide windows search with a solution for this issue?

Chunjee
Oct 27, 2004

That would be incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
One word to describe CIG

AlmightyPants posted:

disingenuous