Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Hexel posted:

look, this just isn't gonna happen

you're not coordinated and you're not cohesive, you're unwilling to take any sort of risk or end up in a situation where you might trade 1:1

that's why your campaign is doomed to fail

Haven't you heard? we are just here to pad killboard brah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
I think the reason they keep trying to drip in keeps is because if the roles were reversed TEST would have internally collapsed at this point, they are incapable of getting their nose bloody. Watching vily on reddit smugpost about 2000 dead battleships and have sheer disbelief that we are able to rebuild is just totally indicative of their mindset. They think we are about to collapse at any moment, because if it were TEST, they would have already collapsed.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
didn't want those four keeps anyways

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

DGC773 posted:

A keepstar grid is ridiculously large.

Good thing you finally noticed that on fight number 4.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

evilweasel posted:

Good thing you finally noticed that on fight number 4.
Slow and methodical

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

squirrelzipper posted:

The biggest outcome of this war for me so far is that now I almost get offended when we have to take a gate.

Like, 'what do you mean there isn't an immediate bridge to the fight? TWO GATES? Well. Ok, but I'm not happy about it.'

I find that by being in goons you get spoiled very quickly. I almost feel bad for the true newbee because you hear about the scope of this game and the size of ships, you are excited about titans, etc. then you join goonfleet and pod yourself to null and literally a titan and supercaps and rorquals and jump freighters and keepstars are THE FIRST things you see when you undock. And you will see them every day likely for the rest if your bull sec life.

The most storied or legendary things in this game instantly become some of the most ubiquitous, no big deal things, and it is kinda :smith: when I look back on my own experience since I have been playing since 07.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Snail Information posted:

I think the reason they keep trying to drip in keeps is because if the roles were reversed TEST would have internally collapsed at this point, they are incapable of getting their nose bloody. Watching vily on reddit smugpost about 2000 dead battleships and have sheer disbelief that we are able to rebuild is just totally indicative of their mindset. They think we are about to collapse at any moment, because if it were TEST, they would have already collapsed.

You seem to think that all of the 'bads' lining up against you are all on the same mindset. In reality, there are about 20 random alliances in Querious now. The only thing bringing them together is a loose aim of removing Imperium from Delve. That is it. PAPI leadership are all on the same comms but that is it. There is no more unified structure than that.

We all know that Imperium isn't just going to implode. We can all work out how many ravens can be built in a 24hr period. Stop having a hard on for everything Vily says and brushing whatever mindset he has in the entire group against you.

hurrdurr why don't they just drop 20 keepstars at the same time - I don't think this will work. It is easy for a couple of bombers or 3 dreads to pause a keepstar timer. So it doesn't succeed in splitting Imperium forces up. If PAPI did this and got one online then it would be more down to pure luck than anything else.

To give you all a break, I will only post again when PAPI drop a keepstar.
EDIT: drop a keepstar in Delve and get it online.
EDIT: applies to this thread

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 17, 2020

Rapulum_Dei
Sep 7, 2009
Doubt

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

DGC773 posted:

You seem to think that all of the 'bads' lining up against you are all on the same mindset.

oh I see, yes I... oh

DGC773 posted:

We all know that Imperium isn't just going to implode.

I wasn't talking about you or your group. TEST are in charge, yall are just here at their beck and call.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DGC773 posted:

:toxx:

Kenlon
Jun 27, 2003

Digitus Impudicus

DGC773 posted:

So, never posting in this thread again, huh?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

DGC773 posted:

You seem to think that all of the 'bads' lining up against you are all on the same mindset. In reality, there are about 20 random alliances in Querious now. The only thing bringing them together is a loose aim of removing Imperium from Delve. That is it. PAPI leadership are all on the same comms but that is it. There is no more unified structure than that.

We all know that Imperium isn't just going to implode. We can all work out how many ravens can be built in a 24hr period. Stop having a hard on for everything Vily says and brushing whatever mindset he has in the entire group against you.

hurrdurr why don't they just drop 20 keepstars at the same time - I don't think this will work. It is easy for a couple of bombers or 3 dreads to pause a keepstar timer. So it doesn't succeed in splitting Imperium forces up. If PAPI did this and got one online then it would be more down to pure luck than anything else.

translation: I'm off to hospital to get this whiplash treated

Aertuun
Dec 18, 2012

The sure sign of a dominant, winning campaign is when you have to stop posting.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

DGC773 posted:

and he was never heard from again

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Finally the thread has been saved

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Snail Information posted:

We've got heart, loyalty, and solidarity. They don't. That's why they will never win no matter how many epic meming Redditors they throw at us. Their alliances, even corps, mean nothing to them, let alone 'PAPI'.

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

Phlegmish posted:

We've got heart, loyalty, and solidarity. They don't. That's why they will never win no matter how many epic meming Redditors they throw at us. Their alliances, even corps, mean nothing to them, let alone 'PAPI'.

You could almost say an Esprit De Cour

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lmao at putting posting restrictions on yourself

I'm so embarrassed over the internet better turn tail and run
*Yells at mommy for more Totinos pizza rolls*

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I like reading about the war and fake spaceship tactics even from the goose guy so imo it would rule if this thread reverted from it's recent incarnation of being a constant shitpile of incredibly tepid burns

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I like reading about the war and fake spaceship tactics even from the goose guy so imo it would rule if this thread reverted from it's recent incarnation of being a constant shitpile of incredibly tepid burns

Pick one:
- Welcome to the Eve thread.
- mlyp.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i can see why the guy who had his brilliant scheme to betray goonswarm foiled because of dying repeatedly to rats would prefer dunks on incompetents to be kept out of this thread

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

DGC773 posted:

you dont
deserve
to wear that
uniform

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice
Won’t it be easier for them to shoot our keeps because they’ll be able to control the grid when they do it?

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I had fun last night. Raven fleet isn’t for me as I think most people in the alliance are morons and battleship fleets tend to attract a significant number of morons.

I joined bomberwaffe after welping my first raven and had fun dropping 8 bombs.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

You post a lot more in this thread than your putting off here and most of those posts have a pretty clear trend.

Goon Traitors should be taken to space court.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sickening posted:

You post a lot more in this thread than your putting off here and most of those posts have a pretty clear trend.

Goon Traitors should be taken to space court.

Space Court is in w-space. Sorry, but that's how it is.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

evilweasel posted:

i can see why the guy who had his brilliant scheme to betray goonswarm foiled because of dying repeatedly to rats would prefer dunks on incompetents to be kept out of this thread

Uh are you talking about me

Radio Free Kobold
Aug 11, 2012

"Federal regulations mandate that at least 30% of our content must promote Reptilian or Draconic culture. This is DJ Scratch N' Sniff with the latest mermaid screeching on KBLD..."

dialhforhero posted:

I find that by being in goons you get spoiled very quickly. I almost feel bad for the true newbee because you hear about the scope of this game and the size of ships, you are excited about titans, etc. then you join goonfleet and pod yourself to null and literally a titan and supercaps and rorquals and jump freighters and keepstars are THE FIRST things you see when you undock. And you will see them every day likely for the rest if your bull sec life.

The most storied or legendary things in this game instantly become some of the most ubiquitous, no big deal things, and it is kinda :smith: when I look back on my own experience since I have been playing since 07.

this is literally why i play echoes instead of EO. i watched 200 pubbies blow up an Astrahus last night and it was a Big Deal

Radio Free Kobold fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Oct 17, 2020

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

raminasi posted:

Won’t it be easier for them to shoot our keeps because they’ll be able to control the grid when they do it?

they would take heavy losses

but with determination and sacrifice, could get it done

they don't have the heart for it

SomedoodIV
Feb 28, 2013

I only read this thread for the fun and drama but just wanted to stop by and say

DGC773 posted:

Lmao

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

geonetix posted:

Finally the thread has been saved
And all it took was four keepstars.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Today, in a :ccp: thing I realized:

The Trig T2 ships T2 resist profile is good against... other trig ships, not edencom :psyduck: So they have a huge kinetic hole.

Way to go!

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

The Trig T2 ships T2 resist profile is good against... other trig ships, not edencom :psyduck: So they have a huge kinetic hole.

Way to go!

According to the extensive Eve Online lore the Eden Common Defense Initiative, or EDENCOM for short, was formed specifically to fight against the very recent Trig invasion. So it would make sense to me that they designed their ships to counter the trig resist type

GOOD TIMES ON METH fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Oct 17, 2020

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Way to go!

I thought by lore the T2 Trig ships are not designed by the trig, they are stolen technology and designed for capsuleers.

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

DGC773 posted:

A keepstar grid is ridiculously large.

A normal person, of sound mind, would simply look at the keepstar grid and say "ooh that's big". Not waste 10 hours of the lives of 4 thousand people in the name of remedial science.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

CheechLizard posted:

A normal person, of sound mind, would simply look at the keepstar grid and say "ooh that's big". Not waste 10 hours of the lives of 4 thousand people in the name of remedial science.

Or do it four times before realising it, but this is the Big Dick Pandaconda Coalition Who Are All Suddenly Neutral To Each Other With No Overarching Command Structure, and you can't shorten that

ShaneMacGowansTeeth fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Oct 17, 2020

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
This war seemed interesting and yet at cross purposes. Our goal seems to be to preserve Delve and keep hostile keepstars out and their goal seems to be to pad killsheets.

Since these are not mutually exclusive nor in opposition, why doesn’t this war just go on forever?

Every now and then papi tries to anchor a keepstar. We throw ships into the meat grinder until we kill it. They get their killmails and we keep Delve. Since everyone is getting what they want there is no reason to change anything ever.

I’ve been debating coming back, since a fleet doctrine of ravens would allow me to put caldari BS V to use as well as my several trillion SP in missile skills, but with an A name my survivability rate hovers at zero.

But what really appeals to me is my memory of snugging my Hulk and hauler alt up against a rock and sucking crok for about 45 minutes. Is there room for a bad nullsec player with a penchant for losing hulks every now and then?

Agrikk fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Oct 17, 2020

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

Agrikk posted:

Since these are not mutually exclusive nor in opposition, why doesn’t this war just go on forever?
Because 12 hour fights in ultra-TiDi is absolutely awful.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Agrikk posted:

I’ve been debating coming back, since a fleet doctrine of ravens would allow me to put caldari BS V to use as well as my several trillion SP in missile skills, but with an A name my survivability rate hovers at zero.

But what really appeals to me is my memory of snugging my Hulk and hauler alt up against a rock and sucking crok for about 45 minutes. Is there room for a bad nullsec player with a penchant for losing hulks every now and then?

Bro I literally have more teamkills than enemy kills right now, of course there's room for you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Less Fat Luke posted:

Because 12 hour fights in ultra-TiDi is absolutely awful.

and andrew groen doesn't include kb stats in his history books

all that's remembered is who won the objective