Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

dokmo posted:

I only listened to the first 20 minutes but McMillan's experience as an assistant coach seems pretty typical, responsible for player development for a small group of players, game planning, hates "analytics" but is still obsessed with meaningless small sample lineup combination stats.

The agony and ecstasy of middle management

Demario Derosan and Kile Loughry are good but are the good enough

Doltos posted:

The amount of times I lay out an awesome basketball play that I copy directly from a good NBA team only to have my 13 year old girls immediately abandon it...

Try and get 6 year olds to run Horns. They're useless. I miss it though, really exhausting and fun

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Mar 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Doltos posted:

The amount of times I lay out an awesome basketball play that I copy directly from a good NBA team only to have my 13 year old girls immediately abandon it...

smh at coaching 13 year old girls and not running nonstop cherry-picking. This is why you'll never make it in Arena 3.0

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
https://twitter.com/bball_ref/status/839867159002107905

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Steph Curry continues to be shook as gently caress

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Question: is basketball 2.0 compatible with Arena 3.0 or do you need to buy an adapter?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
the waiters star soars ever higher

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Friendship ended with Steph

Now Freon Dion is my new best friend

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Shear Modulus posted:

smh at coaching 13 year old girls and not running nonstop cherry-picking. This is why you'll never make it in Arena 3.0

We snuffed out cherry picking real quick. No team tries that poo poo in my league. It's honestly a mirror of college ball with how many teams run the triangle and the 2-3.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Doltos posted:

We snuffed out cherry picking real quick. No team tries that poo poo in my league. It's honestly a mirror of college ball with how many teams run the triangle and the 2-3.

That actually sounds pretty rad.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Kibner posted:

Huh, this is kinda big and may have some complications down the road: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245252/Agent-Dan-Fegan-Terminated-By-ISE
I'm not surprised; in the last year and a half he lost Deandre Jordan, John Wall, and Dwight Howard as clients and then the Boogie fiasco happened.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

leftist heap posted:

I'm still feeling nurkic fever get it in big man

You and me both friend. I love how happy he seems here too.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

The Blazers making the playoffs over the Nuggets because of the Nurkic trade would be really, really funny and I support it.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Paul Zuvella posted:

The Blazers making the playoffs over the Nuggets because of the Nurkic trade would be really, really funny and I support it.

Yeah it needs to happen.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Kibner posted:

Huh, this is kinda big and may have some complications down the road: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/245252/Agent-Dan-Fegan-Terminated-By-ISE

good, gently caress Dan Fegan

they're planning on classing the agency up by adding Kevin Johnson loll

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

I'm not surprised; in the last year and a half he lost Deandre Jordan, John Wall, and Dwight Howard as clients and then the Boogie fiasco happened.

Is he an rear end to his players? Don't really understand firing a guy that got you max contracts.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

(Points + Assists + Rebounds) / MP * 36:

code:
PAR/36	Player			Season
58.2	Wilt Chamberlain	1961-62
54.9	Wilt Chamberlain	1962-63
54.3	Russell Westbrook	2016-17
51.9	Wilt Chamberlain	1959-60
50.8	Wilt Chamberlain	1960-61
50.1	Elgin Baylor		1960-61
50.1	Wilt Chamberlain	1963-64
48.5	Wilt Chamberlain	1964-65
48.2	Wilt Chamberlain	1965-66
RW plays on a team with a pace of 97.9 while 1962 PHW had a pace of 132.0 and 1963 PHW had a pace of 123.2

It has been more in recent years.

All the main backcourt starters for POR, WAS and TOR score between 22 and 27 PPG. Kyle Lowry, Bradley Beal and C.J. McCollum are all elite 3P shooters. We still have a lot of season left so I expect those numbers to drop.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Paul Zuvella posted:

Nuggets are just keeping that spot warm for the Mavs. Don't the Blazers have the hardest schedule left out of Mavs/Nuggets/Blazers?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Tae posted:

Is he an rear end to his players? Don't really understand firing a guy that got you max contracts.

He's got a really bad reputation with a lot of owners and GMs and he constantly tries to push his players to Dallas, whether or not it's a good idea, because he's super tight with Cuban.

Notice how many of his (ex)players have had weird Dallas connections (Dwight, Deandre, Parsons, Noel, Wall etc.)

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

I need Superstar Nurk to dunk Durant into the next dimension.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

chunkles posted:

good, gently caress Dan Fegan

they're planning on classing the agency up by adding Kevin Johnson loll

Wait, is it that Kevin Johnson? I just thought it was some random other Kevin Johnson.

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream

Metapod was right

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

Spacebump posted:

Nuggets are just keeping that spot warm for the Mavs. Don't the Blazers have the hardest schedule left out of Mavs/Nuggets/Blazers?

Blazers remaining schedule at a glance is 1/3rd playoff teams and 2/3rds lottery teams and more home games than not.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Spacebump posted:

Don't know about the Mavs but I'm pretty sure I read the Blazers schedule was easier than Denver's, with like 7 of their last 8 games at home.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

ChickenMedium posted:

Wait, is it that Kevin Johnson? I just thought it was some random other Kevin Johnson.

It's that Kevin Johnson

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
We need to come to a consensus about which name we are assigning Waiters, neon or freon

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

ISE is lead by Ron Burkle, the guy KJ brought in out of no where as a surprise potential new owner during the Kings relo drama. I'm assuming he and KJ have a great relationship

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
It will be interesting to see what we hear about the Fegan thing. He appears to be the head of their basketball group based on their website and has some huge clients. It could be behavior, rather than performance, based.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

NickRoweFillea posted:

We need to come to a consensus about which name we are assigning Waiters, neon or freon

Dion "The Neon Freon" Waiters

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
Dion "Inert Gas" Waiters

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

dion "known to the state of california to cause cancer or birth defects" waiters

e: Houston Rockets philosophy

quote:

Asked how he would turn around a shooting slump, Williams said, "Just keep shooting, man."

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe

Time posted:

Metapod was right

Rick Carlisle was right

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Freon seems useful but it slowly kills the environment. Neon is pretty and flashy but ultimately fairly useless. I'm torn.

Neon Dion was Sanders though so I say Freon.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Intel should work with him to become Xeon Waiters. Multicore, multibuckets

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001

WhyteRyce posted:

Intel should work with him to become Xeon Waiters. Multicore, multibuckets

This conversation wouldn't even be happening if people would have got on board with Kobe Wade like Dion wanted.

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.
Kawhi is in concussion protocol, no go tomorrow

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Rebuild done guys
http://www.nba.com/article/2017/03/09/q-dallas-mavericks-owner-mark-cuban

Cuban: We’ve basically gone through a rebuild in one season. It’s a credit to Rick (Carlisle, the Mavericks coach) but also everyone on this team. There’s still a lot more to do. Nobody’s writing us in for The Finals this year. Our guys really worked hard, as hard or harder than any team in the league. Look at Miami. They’ve undergone a lot of changes too, much like we have, and they just play harder. I remember the Celtics after they traded off Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett and they tried to find themselves and they did that by playing their asses off. That’s who we are now. Teams kind of look at our talent and don’t know what to expect but it’s hard to keep up with us when you go 15 deep with guys playing hard. It’s our calling card. I love it.

WhyteRyce fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 11, 2017

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ooh Fegan was fired with cause. Some serious poo poo must have went down. I wonder if the incestuous agent/NBA FO dynamic didn't appreciate his scorched Earth tactics with Cousins

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

illcendiary posted:

Kawhi is in concussion protocol, no go tomorrow

OKC should be banned.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
goodbye sweet 1 seed hopes.

man that thunder game last night sucked and will continue to suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

RaySmuckles posted:

goodbye sweet 1 seed hopes.

man that thunder game last night sucked and will continue to suck

Concussion could be a big deal, but he could also be back in a week. The timing is bad as far as the first Warriors game, but he'll all but certainly be back for the second.

• Locked thread