Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Btw if you are former Hole Squaddie and want to get back into wormholes: our unofficial group just started taking apps again. We do c3 and c5 content and successfully defended our Fortizar from an eviction attempt a couple weeks back. DM me on Jabber for info.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

If anyone is still interested in Sleeper/Drifter/Triglavian lore, Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci made a post on the EVE forums which has a very good summary of the events leading up to the Drifters.

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/spec...-other/274272/2

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

Ajaxify posted:

Btw if you are former Hole Squaddie and want to get back into wormholes: our unofficial group just started taking apps again. We do c3 and c5 content and successfully defended our Fortizar from an eviction attempt a couple weeks back. DM me on Jabber for info.

Got a null static, too?

There’s quite a few hole squad vets on my discord and a few new people we have met in this war who are very interested. I for one will not be moving any characters to W-space as long as I have instant pvp five jumps away and we are at war. I promised myself only two accounts this time :stonk:

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004

Ajaxify posted:

May mimi for ever guide your hole, o7

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

smertrioslol posted:

Got a null static, too?

There’s quite a few hole squad vets on my discord and a few new people we have met in this war who are very interested. I for one will not be moving any characters to W-space as long as I have instant pvp five jumps away and we are at war. I promised myself only two accounts this time :stonk:

Same. When this thing resolved, I’m absolutely in, but snek first.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Who inevitability loses a Falcon though?

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

iospace posted:

Who inevitability loses a Falcon though?

I think you know the answer to that question.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

y'all got any more of that uhhhhh Falcon SRP

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

DGC773 posted:

You seem to think that all of the 'bads' lining up against you are all on the same mindset. In reality, there are about 20 random alliances in Querious now. The only thing bringing them together is a loose aim of removing Imperium from Delve. That is it. PAPI leadership are all on the same comms but that is it. There is no more unified structure than that.

We all know that Imperium isn't just going to implode. We can all work out how many ravens can be built in a 24hr period. Stop having a hard on for everything Vily says and brushing whatever mindset he has in the entire group against you.

hurrdurr why don't they just drop 20 keepstars at the same time - I don't think this will work. It is easy for a couple of bombers or 3 dreads to pause a keepstar timer. So it doesn't succeed in splitting Imperium forces up. If PAPI did this and got one online then it would be more down to pure luck than anything else.

To give you all a break, I will only post again when PAPI drop a keepstar.
EDIT: drop a keepstar in Delve and get it online.
EDIT: applies to this thread

No gently caress the haters and :justpost:
I want to hear moar papi propaganda

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

evilweasel posted:

i can see why the guy who had his brilliant scheme to betray goonswarm foiled because of dying repeatedly to rats would prefer dunks on incompetents to be kept out of this thread

Wait i dont know this story.. plz elaborate

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

y'all got any more of that uhhhhh Falcon SRP

I heard that falcon SRP guarantees were a requirement for ISRAD coming back to the ‘swarm.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Dalael posted:

No gently caress the haters and :justpost:
I want to hear moar papi propaganda

I second that proposal. Never stop posting Querious George. Never Stop Posting.

So is Keepstar #5 going to be called Babylon 5?

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Maroon 5 so when it blows up the tethered ships have been Marooned.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

dragonshardz posted:

If anyone is still interested in Sleeper/Drifter/Triglavian lore, Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci made a post on the EVE forums which has a very good summary of the events leading up to the Drifters.

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/spec...-other/274272/2

I dunno. I think the amount of people who care about CCP's story is in the single digits. The fact that they go out of their way to hide the story and make it so hard to work out what's going on goes along with the no one caring about it either.

I really hope the EVE ONLINE: The TV Series tells the story of the nullsec and not high sec.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Comstar posted:

I second that proposal. Never stop posting Querious George. Never Stop Posting.

So is Keepstar #5 going to be called Babylon 5?

If they do we might just have to let it online

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalael posted:

If they do we might just have to let it online

Your D is showing

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Comstar posted:

I really hope the EVE ONLINE: The TV Series tells the story of the nullsec and not high sec.

Wait what

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Years ago :ccp: sold the rights for a EVE online animated series or something along the lines and nothing will ever come of it like everything else they do.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

Dalael posted:

Years ago :ccp: sold the rights for a EVE online animated series or something along the lines and nothing will ever come of it like everything else they do.

Which is too bad. It could end up being some particularly interesting sci-fi.

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

They watched clear skies and realized they couldn't actually do any better so gave up

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo
Stolen from :reddit:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Comstar posted:

There's an EVE novel that has a large chunk of it taking place in Delve, but it doesn't mention us at all :mad:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

minchar posted:

They watched clear skies and realized they couldn't actually do any better so gave up

^
this

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I was about to send Asher 50b but the auth team managed to wade through my dumb poo poo emails about trying to rejoin.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Kazinsal posted:

There's an EVE novel that has a large chunk of it taking place in Delve, but it doesn't mention us at all :mad:

what

Now I want to know what happens. Is it all meaningless and badly written with stories no one cares about?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Torpor posted:

I was about to send Asher 50b but the auth team managed to wade through my dumb poo poo emails about trying to rejoin.

:toot:

Welcome back

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I'm back in and oh god. I have forgotten everything have little isk and went fully into minmatar up to BS and it does not look like it's useful.

At least I trained min stealth bomber

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK

Raged posted:

I'm back in and oh god. I have forgotten everything have little isk and went fully into minmatar up to BS and it does not look like it's useful.

train frigates

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

Bombing is useful, as is intercepting. Drop drones into your skill plan if you haven’t trained them while you figure out what next and see you tomorrow for as the keepstar burns.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Raged posted:

Can you fly a sabre?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

iospace posted:

Can you fly a sabre?

Don't think so.

Here are my skills https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Nastrado

I have over 1 mil SP to blow recommend me something. I asked on Jabber but it is very quiet in the university channel. Recommendations on what to rat with would be helpful too.

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020
Out of curiosity: I haven't played in ages, but back when I did TTKs were basically getting larger over time, even for subcaps. Is this still true? Or have they changed the balance of power in favor of violence somewhat?

(Also: Is polarizing stuff cheap? Can I run some sort of web+disable on one alt and 2k+ of pewpew on the other and melt dudes before their friends can re-warp? All I'm asking is, is it a good year to camp/roam pipes while at work?)

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Idiot Doom Spiral posted:

Out of curiosity: I haven't played in ages, but back when I did TTKs were basically getting larger over time, even for subcaps. Is this still true? Or have they changed the balance of power in favor of violence somewhat?

(Also: Is polarizing stuff cheap? Can I run some sort of web+disable on one alt and 2k+ of pewpew on the other and melt dudes before their friends can re-warp? All I'm asking is, is it a good year to camp/roam pipes while at work?)

Polarized stuff is very expensive. Like T2 Torp launchers are probably 5m each, polarized are more like 30m. They are so awesome though. Used to troll WHs with a polarized bomber, blow up the noctis after it had scooped the MTU, see if I won the loot fairy lottery.

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014

Raged posted:

Don't think so.

Here are my skills https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Nastrado

I have over 1 mil SP to blow recommend me something. I asked on Jabber but it is very quiet in the university channel. Recommendations on what to rat with would be helpful too.

Finish off Caldari frigate 5 and train small hybrids. You’ve already got AF trained, so that gets you into Harpy fleet which is fun. Also gets you corms (cal destroyer which uses rails), which is a super fun fleet.

I’d go ahead and get Advanced Weapons Upgrades to 5, too. A lot of fits benefit from it.

Dr. Pangloss fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Oct 18, 2020

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Dalael posted:

Wait i dont know this story.. plz elaborate

I had an production alt corp in GSF and a few months ago decided I didn't want really want to do null sov warfare eve stuff anymore and was going to leave and close the corp. Before I did I asked a guy from SA who was playing with non-GSF people if there is anything funny that I could do with it before I leave beyond sending some dumb alliance mail or something (I don't know how corps work it was just for a hanger divider). He said to make him and Suas directors of the corp and they would figure something out, so I did and also gave them my TeamSpeak login so that Suas could login and call everyone in the lobby fuckers or something.

After that I stopped playing for a while but I guess they found out the corp had the ability to anchor structures so they drove around Delve late one night and started anchoring Astras in random systems using T1 industrials. It sounded like one or more of them were barely competent and got ganked by gate rats somehow (?) and/or by the permacamp in 1dq and there were like structures shooting out of iteron Vs everywhere in Delve, which apparently is suspicious. I think most of them got blown up or got anchored and blown up later. So in the end, it was pretty funny.

I assume the guy posts here sometimes so he can post details if he wants because I don't actually know more than the above.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Raged posted:

Forsaken hubs with myrmidons seems to be the ship of choice for easy replacement.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

HONK HONK
100% the greatest part of Eve online is talking to people on mumble that you would have never encountered in normal life.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
I logged in today in an alpha clone and decided to go noodling around to unpack all my asset safety poo poo that was scattered around. Set my auto pilot for jita and went to go make myself a sandwich.

Came back to my pod in a station in lowsec. Apparently I set my auto pilot to a .1 station by accident and autopiloted right into a gate camp.

I rock.

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Finish off Caldari frigate 5 and train small hybrids. You’ve already got AF trained, so that gets you into Harpy fleet which is fun. Also gets you corms (cal destroyer which uses rails), which is a super fun fleet.

I’d go ahead and get Advanced Weapons Upgrades to 5, too. A lot of fits benefit from it.

I don't think he needs AWU 5 to fly Harpies, definitely not for Corms, and his nav, cap management, shield, and gunnery supports could use a little help first.

Caldari Destroyer IV, Frigate V, Shield Management IV, Warp Drive Op IV, Acceleration Control III or IV, then train T2 small rails (small railgun specialization) to III and bump Capacitor Management to IV and Controlled Bursts up to III or IV so your cap doesn't die if you get into a longer fight. That's gonna be more than 1m SP but gives you something to do while you fly around in a Vigil tackling poo poo since you already have Min Frigate V.

After that, you could keep training Caldari poo poo and bump up to a Ferox for malletfleet, or use some of your Minmatar and shield tanking skills, train Minmatar Destroyer V/Interdictors IV/whatever you need for a bubble launcher and a proto cloak. Fly Sabres, bubble your own fleet!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nerf Horseshit Coalitions - Mind1 ft. Crayon Ron, Redline, Anlions