Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Go go go go: https://boomkat.com/products/an-empty-bliss-beyond-this-world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

You are my hero.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ha as soon as I saw boomkat I just knew it would be that.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
See, now, with the weak pound, i am willing to drop $26.20 shipped for an unknown-yet-recommended quantity. Thanks :tipshat:

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

coupla download codes

Aphex Twin - Cheetah EP

Thom Yorke - Anima

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

alphabettitouretti posted:

Thom Yorke - Anima

I took this, thanks!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I've got some too:

Frustration - Relax
(French heavily-borrowed-from-Joy-Division-et-al post punk)

John Maus - We Must Become The Pitiless Censors Of Ourselves

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Got my Southernplayalistic and Isley Brothers LPs yesterday from VMP.

I'd somehow never really noticed the staticy beat on Ain't No Thing but it stands out like day on the vinyl and it's really kind of obnoxious, I hope I forget about it by next listen.

Isley Brothers LP sounds insanely good, one of the best sounding LPs I have for sure, that bass POPS dang.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

The Walrus posted:

Isley Brothers LP sounds insanely good, one of the best sounding LPs I have for sure, that bass POPS dang.

Very excited to blast this all weekend.

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
Don't know if anyone's into Swans but The Glowing Man 3LP is on sale on Amazon right now for 16.98

https://www.amazon.com/Glowing-Man-SWANS/dp/B01EMP3UN2

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
anyone into surf rock? just bought the endless summer s/t, have access to some link wray and ventures at work but i'm looking for more stuff.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

tha_hotstepper posted:

anyone into surf rock? just bought the endless summer s/t, have access to some link wray and ventures at work but i'm looking for more stuff.

you ever get in to man or astro man? the ghastly ones? dick fuckin dale?

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

tha_hotstepper posted:

If you're into the old 60s stuff check out the label Sundazed. They specialize in really nice reissues of that stuff.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Hit the jackpot today...

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

At a Pinback show right now, trying to talk myself out of the Joyful Noise box set for $250...

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Enos Cabell posted:

At a Pinback show right now, trying to talk myself out of the Joyful Noise box set for $250...
It’s the greatest thing. If I was there I’d throw the money down without blinking. The Optiganally Yours record is my favorite album of the last 20+ years.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

I think I'm going to do it. RIP common sense. #473 of 475

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

And the Thingy album. And the bonkers Goblin Cock covers album.

Quoteisnotedit. Always be supportin’ Rob Crow’s 900 bands.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Aug 16, 2019

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Merch guy disappeared 20 min ago, table has been sitting unattended this whole time. I just want to give you all my money Rob!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

If you see him ask when Anal Trump is touring!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Picked up one of my favorite contemporary jazz records: Briand Blade & The Fellowship Band | Body & Shadow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdXQWdDLakQ

Lovely stuff.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

So turns out the MIA merch guy was actually Nick Reinhart who was busy shredding on stage in a rubber mask, they just left the table unattended with a BRB sign lol. Ended up buying the Joyful Noise box set and a few of Nicks albums including one he did with Zach Hill from Death Grips.

caligulamprey posted:

If you see him ask when Anal Trump is touring!

I talked to Rob after the show and had him sign my box set. He said they literally have over 100+ Anal Trump songs recorded that are just waiting on Travis to lay down vocals, and they are both finishing up tours at the same time so that should happen soon. He said tour is looking likely after that.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I love that “another 100+ songs” guarantees a solid 30-minute grindcore show. :rock:

If you’re willing to grab that set chances are it’s gonna be your new favorite thing. Play the poo poo outta it!

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 16, 2019

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Enos Cabell posted:

Zach Hill from Death Grips.

Hella gets no respect, no respect I tell ya!!!

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Is Death Grips even good? Didn’t seem like it to me. Hella rules.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

On GP is a hell of a song

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Death Grips is good, Hella is good, and after one play of bygones I'm gonna say they're good too. Part of the haul from last night:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Rise Records has a bunch of stuff on sale for $10. Most of their poo poo isn't my jam but got some Hot Water Music.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

HWM is always the right choice. I'll see what else they have, thanks for the tip.

e: Ha, funny how a lot of the ones on sale are the ones that Deep Discount ran cheap the other month.

EL BROMANCE fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Aug 16, 2019

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Toe Rag posted:

Is Death Grips even good? Didn’t seem like it to me. Hella rules.

they're dogshit, an embarassment to both of the genres they're taking from.

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

A human heart posted:

they're dogshit, an embarassment to both of the genres they're taking from.

How could you say something so controversial yet so brave

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy

Parachute posted:

you ever get in to man or astro man? the ghastly ones? dick fuckin dale?
The ghastly ones are loving good, too bad their records are so rare. I ordered some man or astro man? Instead. Ofc we have dick dale i guess i take him for granted :shrug:

wa27 posted:

Hit the jackpot today...

This record has no right being that fun

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

tha_hotstepper posted:

Dick Dale.
Jan & Dean - not strictly surf rock. Good surf stuff: Ride the Wild Surf, Surf City. Car songs Dead Man's Curve and Drag City are also classics.

The Beach Boys were never that heavy of a surf rock band. Most of the actual peppy surfing stuff is on albums before Pet Sounds, which almost all are very uneven and with an equal mix of surfing, car and girl-chasing songs. Good surf stuff: Surfin' (single cut, the album cut is not mixed well), Surfin USA, Surfin' Safari, Catch a Wave, Don't Back Down. Passable: Noble Surfer, Stoked, cover of Misirlou. Surfer Girl, of course, is a ballad with surfing references.

In one-hit wonder territory, I suggest The Gamblers' Moon Dawg!. There are a handful of covers out there, but none match the energy of the original.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.com/products/ghost-prequelle-exalted-limited-edition-box-set-digital-album

Who wants to pay $90 for 2 new songs? No? This is a pretty silly set.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I'm spending the next couple of months in vinyl jail because I have to save money for ThingNW this weekend and Desert Daze in October, but I did get my reissue of It's Only Right and Natural by The Frogs in and had a Frogs party.

I'm still missing their self-titled (which is much more of a straight-faced quirky pop record, very T-Rex/Sparks) and the Starjob 10".

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

I'm spending the next couple of months in vinyl jail because I have to save money for ThingNW this weekend and Desert Daze in October, but I did get my reissue of It's Only Right and Natural by The Frogs in and had a Frogs party.

I'm still missing their self-titled (which is much more of a straight-faced quirky pop record, very T-Rex/Sparks) and the Starjob 10".

Hold on, do you have an original copy there?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Whereas I'd happily pay around that for a complete set of their albums so far, maybe even a little bit more. I keep passing up on buying their stuff and I don't know why given I listen to them a ton and they're one of the most fun bands to see live.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

CPL593H posted:

Hold on, do you have an original copy there?
Yeah, the original is the signed one I picked up on eBay a couple years back (which is still the most expensive record I've bought at $62 plus shipping) and the gatefold is the new reissue.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

EL BROMANCE posted:

Whereas I'd happily pay around that for a complete set of their albums so far, maybe even a little bit more. I keep passing up on buying their stuff and I don't know why given I listen to them a ton and they're one of the most fun bands to see live.

They were a fun live band when you could still see them in a small club for 30 bucks. Now they're a "gently caress you, give us your money." band who plays large venues and charges a hundred bucks a seat. Even aside from the price that's lame because their muhahaha spooky horror thing works a lot better in a more intimate setting.

caligulamprey posted:

Yeah, the original is the signed one I picked up on eBay a couple years back (which is still the most expensive record I've bought at $62 plus shipping) and the gatefold is the new reissue.

How does the reissue compare and do you know what the source was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

EL BROMANCE posted:

Their packaging is also killer. But having already bouht a $50 version of this album last year that included the album, two vinyl singles (one of which was a horrible shaped/warped pic disc and one which was actually two cool new songs), I can't countenance $90 for two more new songs on a 45 and a bunch of pictures.

If you want to give them a go on vinyl, I'd start with Opus Eponymous. At least most pressings are gatefold even though it's a single disc.

https://www.amazon.com/Opus-Eponymo...ps%2C136&sr=8-1