Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

lol. nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I have the suit and I gotta admit I still have no idea what they "did" to it? :confused:

Like I get the crown and the 100, but are those tire tracks on the back? I'm dumb, somebody hold my hand and explain it to me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
They're just laurels; the thing people are reacting to is the ludicrousness of having a giant hideous spraypainted crown and "LVL 100" on the back of the outfit, not visible until it's unlocked.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:doh: of loving course they're laurels, I'm even dumber than I thought or the best testing indicates.

And yeah, it's a bizarrely ugly suit for a final unlock, even the beat-up John Wick inspired one is better than that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Stenciling is the one skill 47 hasn't mastered yet

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm glad he got over his performance anxiety about dancing in front of other people between Hokkaido, Japan and Mendoza, Argentina :shobon:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Still crashing...could someone else test exiting Mendoza using the guerilla wetsuit at the wetsuit exit?

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Discendo Vox posted:

Still crashing...could someone else test exiting Mendoza using the guerilla wetsuit at the wetsuit exit?

Any mission or specifically in Freelancer?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Devo posted:

Any mission or specifically in Freelancer?

It's happening specifically for me on the last showdown of a campaign in freelancer, but I think it'd make sense to test the baseline guerilla wetsuit on wetsuit exit first.

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Jerusalem posted:

I'm glad he got over his performance anxiety about dancing in front of other people between Hokkaido, Japan and Mendoza, Argentina :shobon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tRpMUCwliM

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

It's happening specifically for me on the last showdown of a campaign in freelancer, but I think it'd make sense to test the baseline guerilla wetsuit on wetsuit exit first.

Well it worked on the story mission. I’ll try to set up a showdown on that map.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I'll just try to clear the mission by some other exit tonight. Hopefully my file isn't borked in some other more intractable way.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Discendo Vox posted:

I'll just try to clear the mission by some other exit tonight. Hopefully my file isn't borked in some other more intractable way.

Yeah I just pulled off the showdown exit using the wetsuit.

You owe me 1,000 Merces for changing into a second disguise :mad:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:stare:

I somehow have never seen/done this in Blood Money :aaa:

It is Blood Money right? The redneck wedding?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

:stare:

I somehow have never seen/done this in Blood Money :aaa:

It is Blood Money right? The redneck wedding?

Correct. 47 will also dance at the clubs in the Mardi Gras mission.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jerusalem posted:

:doh: of loving course they're laurels, I'm even dumber than I thought or the best testing indicates.

And yeah, it's a bizarrely ugly suit for a final unlock, even the beat-up John Wick inspired one is better than that.

That's probably the joke. Especially given by the time you unlock it, you probably don't have anything left to do.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Devo posted:

Yeah I just pulled off the showdown exit using the wetsuit.

You owe me 1,000 Merces for changing into a second disguise :mad:

My goondolences for your loss. :smith: I just got it to work by taking a different exit; if it's any consolation, the subsequent prestige seems to have somehow eaten the legendary sniper that spawned in the reward box.

edit: nevermind bypassed the issue by restarting the game and taking my shiny new legendary sniper rifle on my first mission without dropping it in inventory, suckit your 1k merces is mine now baybee

To be serious it appears dropping the legendary (or the tools reward) that you pick up after performing a prestige will now cause it to totally disappear- gotta carry it to your first mission to keep them around.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 11, 2024

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
I was having a real bad time with Freelancer Mendoza crashing a few weeks ago too, and eventually straightened it out by poking at my graphics settings a bit and it just started working fine again.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's probably the joke. Especially given by the time you unlock it, you probably don't have anything left to do.

It almost feels like a parody of those ads for mobile games that are like: "level 1 thug, level 30 gangster, level 100 boss".

Level 1: messy amateur
Level 30: contract killer
Level 100: silent assassin

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

To be serious it appears dropping the legendary (or the tools reward) that you pick up after performing a prestige will now cause it to totally disappear- gotta carry it to your first mission to keep them around.
Did you try manually putting it on the wall? I wonder if that would fix it.

I have had issues with dropped items after a mission disappearing, including stuff I had for a long time, so I think it's related to network or engine issues failing to despawn the item and replace it in its respective wall/box slot. I once caught it and noticed the item was lying on the floor. My guess is dropping an item too fast or when there's a hiccup or something results in it falling to the floor (the "default" logic for dropping something, probably), and items on the floor are simply erased when you leave the safehouse. Probably, putting it in a slot manually ensures that can't happen.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Both items disappeared entirely on being dropped; I’m a mission into the new prestige so I can’t test manual placement unfortunately.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Mar 11, 2024

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
Well, this is awkward...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sir, that’s the Queen!

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Wizard of the Deep posted:

I was having a real bad time with Freelancer Mendoza crashing a few weeks ago too, and eventually straightened it out by poking at my graphics settings a bit and it just started working fine again.

Were you by any chance crouched and/or trying to place something down on the floor? I've had the game freeze-crash on me numerous times in situations like that, and not just limited to Mendoza or Freelancer mode in general either. I've had it happen in the base game and on other maps like Haven Island and Paris as well. Adjusting the game settings and dialing back my hardware acceleration fixed most of it, but it still happens semi-randomly. :shrug:
I generally have more issues with network connectivity; but as far as the random crashing is concerned, I'm still leaning towards my current PC is just old, tired and barely above minimum processor requirements.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

So I just discovered you can poison a banana tree on Ambrose Island. What? Why? It doesnt appear on Hitmaps and I can't deduce the purpose of it.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

So I just discovered you can poison a banana tree on Ambrose Island. What? Why? It doesnt appear on Hitmaps and I can't deduce the purpose of it.
"Good evening, 47. Your target is Arbor Day. That's right: The very concept of caring about trees. Seems a bit abstract, but then again, no one is more qualified than you are to handle such things."

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

47 assassinated the Gros Michel in 1951.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Rochallor posted:

47 assassinated the Gros Michel in 1951.

It had a 1 in 4 chance of dying out anyway :shrug:

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
THAT... is Miss Chiquita.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's bananas.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

So it turns out the bananas are only there in freelancer mode. In story mode its just a small tree, which makes sense because that is a baby banana tree and probably not mature enough for such a luscious bunch of banan's. I guess the extra poison plates show up on freelancer even if it's not a showdown mission. Imagine the indignity of being a syndicate leader walking along a remote cliff and stopping to pick fresh fruit right off the tree only to discover that the world's greatest assassin truly does think of everything.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Nakar posted:

"Good evening, 47. Your target is Arbor Day. That's right: The very concept of caring about trees. Seems a bit abstract, but then again, no one is more qualified than you are to handle such things."

47 has precedent in targeting Santa Claus...

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

“Poisoning a banana tree Michael? What can it cost, ten dollars? Call the ICA”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Come to think of it, he's also technically assassinated a virus. Twice!

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

https://twitter.com/ZeroSuitCamus/status/1770672493084213735

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

The funniest Elusive Target I think was when I recently did the painting stealer one. Stole the painting before he got there, couldn’t figure out where he was, so I just chilled out near the start of the level and waited til he awkwardly waddled out to plug him lol

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Apparently The Undying elusive target is coming back in a little under 24 hours, and there's some Berlin Egg Hunt event as well. Good news for those of us who haven't done these in past years!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Doing an occupational health and safety course and having to resist bringing up Hitman for examples of what not to do.

And now I want to see 47 going undercover as a safety instructor.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Doing an occupational health and safety course and having to resist bringing up Hitman for examples of what not to do.

And now I want to see 47 going undercover as a safety instructor.

Hm, the closest thing I can think of to Hi-Viz in Hitman is probably the race official in Miami, which coincidentally, is an excellent map for accident kills. I may be putting an OSHA themed custom contract together soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Undying's out along with a $5 DLC for the permanent arcade and some reskin cosmetics. I'm surprised the reference gun from his trailer hasn't ever been an unlockable. I've run the ET again, haven't done the arcade yet, but looks like level 1 is the pen kill- should be straightforward.

NB: The scientist outfit is pretty much 100% safe in the area you'll want to navigate.

NB 2: Looks like this arcade uniquely doesn't have a cooldown on attempts.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 22, 2024