Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

imagine being in the F tier from the state controlled media and your name isn't lars sullivan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1345102287195107328?s=21

Let’s do AEW rankings, but make it lovely and obtuse.

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It's so funny that he gave his tiers letter grades

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Tier lists cap at S and bottom out at E, why did they mess up tier list format

Idk why but this bothers me

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm not going to dunk on Satin because ranking WWE is a total fool's errand anyway. Most WWE Superstars have little to no input on what their characters are, where they're placed on the card, or how good their matches will be because everything is micro-manged down to the second every time they're on TV.

People were always-badding KENTA, Mistico, and Mox based on their WWE work.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I'm not going to dunk on Satin because ranking WWE is a total fool's errand anyway. Most WWE Superstars have little to no input on what their characters are, where they're placed on the card, or how good their matches will be because everything is micro-manged down to the second every time they're on TV.

People were always-badding KENTA, Mistico, and Mox based on their WWE work.

That's why it's such a terrible idea, to me. He's indirectly criticizing WWE's booking, but in a way that puts the actual blame on the wrestlers who have no control over it.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Pylons posted:

That's why it's such a terrible idea, to me. He's indirectly criticizing WWE's booking, but in a way that puts the actual blame on the wrestlers who have no control over it.

It’s the hard hitting commentary we’ve come to expect from Fox Sports’s WWE Analyst.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

in tier lists, the letters are on the left side of the chart and rankings within tiers are done left to right

did they legit not look at a tier list before making this

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Another fool's errand is ranking Smackdown talent in 2020 based exclusively on the current roster that was drafted in October 2020. This whole pseudo kayfabe list in based on the last 60 days where:

Seth Rollins has been mostly on Paternity leave
Because Rollins has left the roster Murphy, Dominik and Mysterio also basically vanished by proxy
Aliestar Black has been off TV because he's being punished for his wife getting fired for not turning her social media accounts of to WWE
Despite being one of the longest reigning RAW Tag Team champs, the Street Profits were traded to Smackdown and have, to my knowledge, been in a small handful of matches since October because there are no other tag-teams on Smackdown

Most of the roster in D and below tier have not shown up at all in the last 2 months.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jan 2, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

It's funny that he didn't think about how bad of a look this was going to be before he put it out there, being that he's on the payroll and all

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

RealFoxy posted:

Aliestar Black has been off TV because he's being punished for his wife getting fired for not turning her social media accounts of to WWE

I had no idea they were married. Blessed.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Smoking Crow posted:

Tier lists cap at S and bottom out at E, why did they mess up tier list format

Idk why but this bothers me

It's meant for kids in school to understand, because that's who they wish watched the show.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
I have grown to hate Ryan Satin.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
its fun to dunk on satin because hes a gormless idiot but he did say that the rankings weren't reflective of talent but how the talent is being booked.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Seams posted:

its fun to dunk on satin because hes a gormless idiot but he did say that the rankings weren't reflective of talent but how the talent is being booked.

He literally put a guy who isn't even on the show in the second-highest tier.

Though to be fair, given how WWE works then maybe being booked to not appear on the show is actually a positive?

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

lol the WWE on Fox account threw him directly under the bus

https://twitter.com/wweonfox/status/1345164539659214848?s=21

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:laffo: a phrase used exclusively for a lovely drawing you put on the refrigerator anyway

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

I failed trig, too. gently caress trig.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Man this was an inherently bad idea and I'm honestly surprised nobody shot it down beforehand.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Maxwell Lord posted:

Man this was an inherently bad idea and I'm honestly surprised nobody shot it down beforehand.

wwe.txt

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Satin could probably coast by staying under the radar and never get fired from Fox Sports because they forget about him.

Instead he's going to keep posting dumb poo poo using the Fox Sports graphics and get fired. Amazing.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Maxwell Lord posted:

the really funny part is that satin fully acknowledges that he was cribbing the idea from a r/SC poster who used to put together tier lists. so like 3 months into the job he's already running out of ideas of how to creatively cover fake sports for one single company from a "sports analyst" perspective. and at the same time, he's not smart enough to recognize that a tier list completely changes context when it goes from a fan/community sourced tier list to a state media tier list. just an all around boob.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1345423480620158976

https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1345402168434561024

LMAO the full on double down as well.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

before you look at this dumb rear end image i made and tweeted, read the full explanation

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jesus loving christ please just stop :cripes:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I hope he makes one for NXT as well

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

quote:

The WWEonFOX account keeps throwing me under the bus by not mentioning that.

lmao, where would this thread be without him

Orange Carlisle posted:

I hope he makes one for NXT as well

looking forward to the pedophiles making the A tier

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

because people are reacting to it. that is all he cares about. how do you guys not get this?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
He doesn't mean that "I'm just talking about their utilization on TV!" poo poo for a second. He did it specifically to get hate-shares and his handlers at FOX let him do it knowing people would hate-share it and they could just put the blame on him.

If he was actually legitimately doing this, everybody below C would just be Unranked to avoid the optics of slapping great wrestlers with an F grade.

And if he actually believed that poo poo, "rankings are based on utilization on TV, not wrestler ability" would be on the image.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MJeff posted:

He doesn't mean that "I'm just talking about their utilization on TV!" poo poo for a second. He did it specifically to get hate-shares and his handlers at FOX let him do it knowing people would hate-share it and they could just put the blame on him.

If he was actually legitimately doing this, everybody below C would just be Unranked to avoid the optics of slapping great wrestlers with an F grade.

And if he actually believed that poo poo, "rankings are based on utilization on TV, not wrestler ability" would be on the image.

It’s this.

Just because somebody says something doesn’t mean you take it at 100% face value.

You gotta know the character of the people to know when they’re being honest or just saving face.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Controversy creates cash.

AK-47
Jul 10, 2001

I don't really follow WWE at all, does he ever have direct interactions like interviewing wrestlers or anything. Just seems like a dumb way to get on the bad side of a lot of wrestlers for lovely heat.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I hope it's an office rib but he seems dumb enough to come up with this on his own.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Obviously the ideal result is him getting such insane heat with the locker rooms that nobody will talk to him, even in his "official" capacity at Fox

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Controver$y create$ ca$h.

Fixed

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SC Jerk had their end of year We're Very Not Mad Awards.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SCJerk/comments/kowvlo/the_fourth_annual_jerkies_the_results_scjerk/ posted:

BIGGEST REE-ACTION OF 2020

3 - WWE's Big boys being "sent to the PC to work on their ring work because Vince is FURIOUS with them" which turned out to be what everyone thought it was - the featured big men who will be the lynchpins of the TV show into 'Mania season doing tune up work. Didn't stop the internet's best minds swallowing mouthfuls of Meltzer spooge about it.

2 - WWE releasing all their independent contractors that mostly work house shows during a year that they couldn't do house shows. And furloughing their staff that did the parts of the business they couldn't do until they figured it out. But - THIS MADE THE COMPANY THE MOST PROFITABLE EVER ZOMGGGGG Vince is literally Hitler enslaving these poor people so they can't work elsewhere releasing these poor people so they can't ever get paid for a job they couldn't do anyway.

1. Reby Hardy suddenly being an expert on her husband's head injury.

Who does that psycho bitch think she loving is, questioning big bicep Tony?

DEAD MEME OF 2020

3 - DAE sloppy shop? Is it WWE? is it AEW? depending on the week, day, whatever. It started as an anti-WWE thing, then it was an ironic AEW thing, then it was a who cares? Both companies are taking risks in a pandemic for entertainment and profit. Is it great? no. Are we all complicit? yes. So shush.

2 - Knowing Vince, this meme should be higher but he changed the script at the last minute.

1. John Silver.

He's "hungiee"! he's the next Daniel Bryan! He's on the cusp of greatness! He's just a kid!! (this always makes me corpse). AEW's latest flash in the pan got memed through the floor so fast he's now past relevancy. Next.

DON'T CHECK MY POST HISTORY - BIGGEST FLIPFLOP OF 2020

3 - AEW did 17 special event shows this year. NXT did 7. Yet when WWE did it, it's vicious counter programming, just go to loving Tuesday, God. When AEW did it, it's a great idea, r e f r e s h i n g and another win for the good guys.

2 - What are you talking about? I've always loved Roman Reigns! He's always had potential! I've always said I can't wait until he headlines Wrestlemania!

1. Wrestlers accused of sexual harassment.

Velveteen Dream, who coincidentally is on a show opposing AEW, is a vile pederast who despite an overwhelming mountain of changing, inconsistent evidence that the police and his employers seem to have somehow missed, despite being repeatedly tagged with it on Twitter, is totally different to financier of the homeless and CostCo Sting Derby Allin, who just needed to show TK some texts on his phone so just loving shut up about it, OK?

THE RETRIBUTION AWARD

Winner gets a fleshlight!

3 - NBA twitter discovers AEW, and that Jericho still wrestles in 2020.

Apparently it was just the same 4 people commenting. The rest were too busy watching in groups and being part of the key demo I guess.

2 - Kairi Sane

The weabooknights of the internet were furious that she had been summarily fired and shipped back to the land of the Rising Sun, but it turns out she went back to be with her family, still loves WWE and has a great relationship with them. Which she likes to remind them constantly, in a satisfying way.

1. This exchange. God bless the _Wilson2002

For destroying Cody so utterly in such a polite way. Then, now, forever the midcarder's midcarder. He even retired the midcard belt to a child so he could reboot his "alternative title" in a way that definitely wasn't midcard. See you in 2021, Cody. Likely around the halfway point of the show.

MOST OVERRATED WRESTLER OF THE YEAR 2020

The Retribution award so completely re-positioned Cody in the midcard that he didn't even make the top three over-rated list, for the first time in the sub's history. WEWLADS.

3 - JOHN AMBROXELY

Spent the year as the AEW world champion, constantly being overshadowed by Chris Jericho's out of the ring escapades, Cody's WCW revival speedrun, theme of the week specials, his wife's cooking show, some Law and Order SVU re-runs.... for a long title reign, his number of outstanding matches was... not great.

2 - RUSEV UDRIA, RUSEV SHITKA

Miro appeared, finally getting his release to join the good guys as.... err.... a C tier leisurewear gamer influencer. 2020's worst loving gimmick (award for next year, maybe?) put Miro back in a love triangle, only at the bottom of the card instead of the middle. The former Bulgarian Brute is now a chill gamerguy who doesn't like it when you touch his games.

1. THE YOUNG BUCKS. I'm just going to copy the nomination verbatim, from u/Razzler1973

:

For not being able to pace a match whatsoever and just doing wham bham stuff without much meaning and randomly deciding to have a limp and be heels for a couple of weeks all the way to being smug looking manlets that you'd never tire of punching.

Best heels in the business! they just get it!

BIGGEST CIRCLEJERK OF 2020

3 - A perennial favourite, frequency of camera cuts / camera work

Always being bad in WWE, never a problem elsewhere. I'm honestly surprised that a WWE TV director and editor of 30 years refusing to acknowledge any issue with their output didn't make the Retribution award, but it's been a crowded year. Despite this, multiple awards, constant references as "industry leading" and anyone who has worked in TV patiently explaining that on the whole it's pretty good, it's always an easy karma mine.

2 - AEW's Long term storytelling

Spanning multiple companies (except it didn't) multiple subtle heel turns (that didn't happen, or did, then turned back again), and multiple WWE cast offs who suddenly appeared, AEW's commitment to long term storytelling really was a gift that kept giving this year. Sure, inconvenient things like time and space meant there was no logic to most of the claims, but doing it all with smaller companies in the last three weeks of the year definitely counts, so it's another win for the good guys.

1. THE DEMO

Was it ever in doubt? Hundreds of easily pleased teenagers, manchild twentysomethings and water-brained adults went to war weekly over the wednesday night pillowfight. A war declared by AEW, fought by it's defence force online and eagerly egged on by it's stars and owner, that WWE apparently kept cheating in by running shows that were quite good. Except when they lost, which was when they should definitely move to tuesday because it's just embarrassing, right? Anyway, I looked for a mention from anyone in WWE about acknowledging the importance of the 18-4935 male demographic. But I couldn't find it. So I checked with a lot of people who work in the TV industry, but they wouldn't stop smirking at the words "Nielsen ratings" so I didn't really get chance to finish the sentence. Anyway, Everyone knows it's not crusty old people with stable incomes and families you want to be chasing, it's the twenty somethings living alone using 20 year old TV reporting equipment because of an inflated sense of self importance you want to check with. That, and ProWrestling Tees database. I'm assuming the Venn Diagram on those two groups is a circle.

JERKER OF THE YEAR, 2020

3 - Lil' Jamie Ellsworth

A perennial HOF nominee, always the bridesmaid never the bride, your consistent contributions to jerking make you our favorite midcarder of the year.

2 - Jon Alba

For accidentally providing both ends of the jerk. His purity of approach meant he hit number 2 with a bullet this year, then decided that commenting on social media about wrestling probably wasn't for him, after failing to understand how the law works and making an rear end of himself.

1. /u/DogMetal

For his services to jerking. This is workrate. We employed noted circlejerk expert Desmond Q. Wanker to analyse:

"It's a triple layered jerk. On the surface, a title that references one of the biggest and most inane circlejerks of the year - the rivalry between the AEW and NXT live threads. So everyone is already comfortable in ridiculing the idiocy of the subject. Then, we have both Retribution, a failed stable that was being murdered in the cradle by smarks from jump, and The Hurt Business, who got over by being good entertainment, but also from lots of nervous white posters heaping praise on them to stop rioters burning their basements to the ground during a BLM protest / prove their not-racist credentials. And finally, the cream on the cake - the "hit the bricks goofy" meme, sown seamlessly throughout. All bundled into moving video clips. It really is quite the post."

That's it for another year. As always, this entry will go into the wiki. If other entries need to be added, please ask your mods. As we run into 2021, and look forward to all the stupidity it will bring from people who take wrestling Really Seriously, thanks from us to you for the goofiness.

Le modz

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I couldn't even read all of it. Dear lord, second hand embarrassment.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Why would anyone watch something that makes them that miserable?

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

“Le modz”

Are these people 12 year olds who got cryogenically frozen in 2009?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
It's reddit so yeah