Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's appropriate that the ending of this chapter gave off some Spider-Man vibes because, much like Spider-Man, this is going to end with Deku saving the day at the cost of his own personal happiness when he ends up missing the festival and everyone gets mad at him for ditching the show and making Eri sad.

It may also end with a crazy youtuber trying to convince the public that he's a menace.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

Rhonne posted:

It may also end with a crazy youtuber trying to convince the public that he's a menace.

Jay "Gentle" Jameson.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Rhonne posted:

Gentle being Deku's J. Jonah Jameson is something I didn't know I wanted until now.:allears:

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I don't think this arc needs any deeper meaning or edge to it. Deku and Gentle both have things they want that happen to be mutually exclusive, but Deku's reason is altruistic while Gentle's got more of a chaotic bent.

Also yeah, Deku has a provisionary permit for public quirk use now. They didn't go into what that means in detail, but it seems to just be contingent upon finishing hero training. He already acted independently against Overhaul and that seemed to be fine.

Solanumai fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 30, 2018

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

A provisional licences probably means they can use their quirk in public to subdue criminals legally but they will have to undergo an investigation when they do to make sure they did it correctly and also maybe not for personal profit.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Alternately, it's possible that a provisional license lets them do hero work, but not get paid for it, in which case Midoriya is fine, other than a hit to his reputation (like he got after he was so self-destructive at the tournament)

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
This is the highest stakes low stakes criminal plot I've seen in a while.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

"And what crime were these nefarious villains engaged in when you spotted them, Midoriya?"

"Uh... conspiracy to commit trespassing?"

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Begemot posted:

"And what crime were these nefarious villains engaged in when you spotted them, Midoriya?"

"They were going to make Eri sad by ruining the festival."

"Give them a life sentence!"

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Begemot posted:

"Uh... conspiracy to commit trespassing?"

Given that La Brava was supposed to be hacking to shut down the surveillance systems, there are likely some more serious violations there. I can see a possible reckless endangerment angle as well, in disabling the protective systems of a high-profile target for villains.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder how long it's gonna take Deku to realize he should be targeting the camera.

Once that's broken then Gentle won't have anything to record with and thus no reason to bother the festival.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Whoa.

That's a good idea.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Then La Brava reveals that she has the power of Gum and restores it.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I wonder how long it's gonna take Deku to realize he should be targeting the camera.

Once that's broken then Gentle won't have anything to record with and thus no reason to bother the festival.

That was what I was what I thought he was trying to do with his final shot. He's a smart kid and this should occur to him eventually.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Kild posted:

Then La Brava reveals that she has the power of Gum and restores it.

Villains with both the powers of rubber and gum? Sounds implausible.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

why did this fight suddenly turn into a stand battle

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Someone hasn't watched nearly enough One Piece.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Yinlock posted:

why did this fight suddenly turn into a stand battle

on a long enough timeline all shounen either becomes JoJo or DBZ

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I kind of don't think breaking the camera would deter Gentle, he's doing all of this because he thinks he's benefiting society.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Akett posted:

I kind of don't think breaking the camera would deter Gentle, he's doing all of this because he thinks he's benefiting society.

They probably also have backup cameras.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mirage posted:

Jay "Gentle" Jameson.

turns out it was spelled jentle this whole time

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Rhonne posted:

They probably also have backup cameras.

then break those, too

Akett posted:

he films himself committing crimes for publicity, like, that's explicitly why he films himself, to get famous as a criminal. if the camera's not rolling then there's no reason to bother committing the crime cause nobody will see it.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

SatansBestBuddy posted:

he films himself committing crimes for publicity, like, that's explicitly why he films himself, to get famous as a criminal. if the camera's not rolling then there's no reason to bother committing the crime cause nobody will see it.

Except that'd be letting down his single greatest fan, the girl holding the camera.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/fabulouslyalone/status/980077627460370432/

Looks like the new season is going to start with an anime original episode involving Deku, Kaminari, and Mineta having wacky antics at the school pool.

Should be fun.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

A strange trio

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
:barf:

Yikes.

Of all the people in the class Kaminari probably gets along with Mineta the best, so that pairing isn't unusual at least.

Dr Subterfuge fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Apr 1, 2018

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Rhonne posted:

https://twitter.com/fabulouslyalone/status/980077627460370432/

Looks like the new season is going to start with an anime original episode involving Deku, Kaminari, and Mineta having wacky antics at the school pool.

Should be fun.

That would explain why the dub episode they premiered yesterday was episode 40.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Low budget, but effective cosplay.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Please be an April Fools joke

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

hey guys here's an innocuous anime episode summary with nothing absurd or unbelievable in it PSYCHE APRIL FOOLS BICTH

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The degree to which people let Mineta's very existence bum them out never fails to impress. Just skip the episode, everything is going to be okay!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
I doubt the pool is going to be a big portion of the episode.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Viridiant posted:

I doubt the pool is going to be a big portion of the episode.

It'll probably be a recap episode with pool shenanigans in between. Didn't season 2 start with a recap episode?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Mineta did nothing wrong and is amusing.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
On the other hand, perving on 8 year old girls and putting your hands on various body parts of women without their consent

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

mineta is a cartoon person

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
A very bad one.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
I don't get why every time Mineta does something everyone feels the need to freak out. Like yeah we all get why you hate him, why are you tormenting yourselves by thinking and talking about him every single time? Just move past and heal.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

I Love Annie May posted:

I don't get why every time Mineta does something everyone feels the need to freak out. Like yeah we all get why you hate him, why are you tormenting yourselves by thinking and talking about him every single time? Just move past and heal.

I mean that would be a lot easier if he didn't keep appearing in the series?

I don't think it's hard to get why "swimming episode with Mineta involved" would give people a sense of trepidation and even beyond that starting the season with an anime-only filler episode is a bummer and not what anyone wanted to see.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Apr 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I mean that would be a lot easier if he didn't keep appearing in the series?

He only appeared for a few panels in the span of months, how can you make him appear less than that? Kill him off? At this point he's such a toxic influence on your life that you should just pretend that he doesn't exist and move on with your life.

I Love Annie May fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Apr 2, 2018