Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Testekill posted:

January 97 ... Shawn Michaels went on hiatus to pursue a career in politics pretty early on.

Merciful Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
The AI booking in TEW is wild cause it's always a mix of completely random poo poo but also things that are somehow pretty accurate. Like every save I have, every WWE show is basically 2 hours of legends coming out and cutting promos and then like a dozen presumably 3-minute matches where like Sheamus and T-Bar wrestle each other for the IC Title every week for 3 straight years and I'm like "Yeah that sounds like an AI Vince"

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

https://twitter.com/Ozzilla22/status/1652243872200949760

Rectum? drat near killed him

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

view him.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6Po7mf34p0

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adam, Slip, Andrew Everett and Rosemary created stables for a 5-match fatalfourway AI-played war in Wrestling Empire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cij-hhhm5ZQ

As much as X-Pac winning a cage match by getting chokeslammed out tries to win my fav moment, it absolutely has to go to the last thing we see on the stream is Cody getting eliminated and the ref celebrating by holding a rubber chicken

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Chris James 2 posted:

Adam, Slip, Andrew Everett and Rosemary created stables for a 5-match fatalfourway AI-played war in Wrestling Empire https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cij-hhhm5ZQ

As much as X-Pac winning a cage match by getting chokeslammed out tries to win my fav moment, it absolutely has to go to the last thing we see on the stream is Cody getting eliminated and the ref celebrating by holding a rubber chicken

And also the ref being CM Punk who keeps drinking beer with two hands

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
the entire last match really is a love letter to how loving wild wrestling empire is in the best way. the plane match earlier as well.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I was partial to the random guy standing on top of the cage who refused to get down.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

ive played here comes the pain for 4 hours now and these controls whoo boy not liking them at all.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I also just started playing it again and I'm pleasantly surprised by the speed and responsiveness of the strikes and grapples but I also don't feel like I've got enough control over movement.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Gavok posted:

I was partial to the random guy standing on top of the cage who refused to get down.

Courtney Rush pointing that guy out caused me to notice him like he was a loving jump scare.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Another Fight Forever update that says it’s complete. Are they just trying to wait for a date outside of the release window for a major AAA title with stuff like the new Zelda, Star Wars, RE4 coming out? I think it’s been enough distance from WWE 2K23 now

https://twitter.com/sescoops/status/1653059981975904258?s=46&t=vTNZavhRg3gJqoP7LCLG5A

quote:

Announced almost two-and-a-half years ago, AEW: Fight Forever has been keeping fans waiting for any information about the game’s release. After originally being expected for release in 2022, the game has seen a few hiccups leading to delays. But those issues could finally be coming to an end with a release possibly being right around the corner.

Previously, it was reported by Fightful that material was filmed by talent earlier this year. But Insider Gaming has learned that AEW: Fight Forever all promotional material has been finished. Everything that needed to be shot has been done, and everything that had to be edited or updated is complete

At this point, it’s simply waiting for a green light to begin the full promotion of the game aside from reminders during episodes of AEW television. Sources around the game’s promotional team, however, tell Insider Gaming that they haven’t been told anything about when that promotion will begin.

Recently, THQ Nordic’s global community manager Zyddies claimed that the game wasn’t “almost done”. This was despite comments by AEW owner Tony Khan and Executive Vice President Kenny Omega stating the opposite. That said, what is viewed as “done” by a publisher and a developer can be different things.

Insider Gaming sources have insisted that the game is ready from a development standpoint aside from ongoing bug fixes and updates that will be worked on all the way through launch and beyond.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

they're scared and waiting to make sure they don't have to take cm punk back out but they'll never know for sure

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

They’ve got a version as a backup where they replace Punk in the game story with Griff Garrison like how No Mercy had to swap out Big Show with Stevie Richards

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Dacap posted:

They’ve got a version as a backup where they replace Punk in the game story with Griff Garrison like how No Mercy had to swap out Big Show with Stevie Richards

Joking aside, maybe they're waiting for Punk to be back?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Gaz-L posted:

Joking aside, maybe they're waiting for Punk to be back?

I'm sort of thinking it's this as well. I don't know if they'll re-insert him into the promotional materials, but maybe they want to wait to start promoting the game until he's back so they can use clips of him in the game in ads and stuff.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Maybe they should do like they have to do for blood or whatever in certain territories and ship the game without punk but offer him as DLC for one penny so you the consumer have to choose and pay for adding punk to the game

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Look as long as they don't do a "making games is hard" interview like Midway did when TNA iMPACT was shaping up to not meet expectations, things will be fiiiiine.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Ganso Bomb posted:

I'm sort of thinking it's this as well. I don't know if they'll re-insert him into the promotional materials, but maybe they want to wait to start promoting the game until he's back so they can use clips of him in the game in ads and stuff.

Perhaps the game is the 'debut' on the first episode of Collision.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Angry_Ed posted:

Look as long as they don't do a "making games is hard" interview like Midway did when TNA iMPACT was shaping up to not meet expectations, things will be fiiiiine.

What's the story on this?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gavok posted:

What's the story on this?

I might be misremembering things. I thought it was an IGN interview where basically whatever Midway rep they were talking to had to kind of just say "yeah certain features aren't in this because making a game from the ground-up is hard" which, yeah it is but at the time I thought it was a bad idea to use that logic especially when the game was, despite looking good, pretty barebones.

I could also just be conflating it with this Q&A where there's a lot of honest admissions that they just don't have all the features a Smackdown game would have because they were focused on having a functioning game first. Again, perfectly understandable but a lot of the fans were soured on that; and of course a promise of working on things for a sequel only works if the sequel exists, which to be fair was out of their hands what with Midway just up and dying.

Again I could've just misremembered things over the last 14 years. The only reason it even crossed my mind was because the iMPACT game had a similar issue as the AEW game has, or had, which was very little in terms of gameplay being shown before it actually released.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It says a lot about the state of game development and people's understanding of how it works nowadays that 2.5 years is considered an unreasonably long dev cycle worthy of "Duke Nukem For-NEVER" style memes

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Angry_Ed posted:

I might be misremembering things. I thought it was an IGN interview where basically whatever Midway rep they were talking to had to kind of just say "yeah certain features aren't in this because making a game from the ground-up is hard" which, yeah it is but at the time I thought it was a bad idea to use that logic especially when the game was, despite looking good, pretty barebones.

I could also just be conflating it with this Q&A where there's a lot of honest admissions that they just don't have all the features a Smackdown game would have because they were focused on having a functioning game first. Again, perfectly understandable but a lot of the fans were soured on that; and of course a promise of working on things for a sequel only works if the sequel exists, which to be fair was out of their hands what with Midway just up and dying.

Again I could've just misremembered things over the last 14 years. The only reason it even crossed my mind was because the iMPACT game had a similar issue as the AEW game has, or had, which was very little in terms of gameplay being shown before it actually released.

If they gently caress things up with their PR, I hope it's more like Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

"Sure, FTR isn't in the game, but does that really matter? Nobody really remembers who FTR are to begin with. Besides, wrestlers are just functions anyway."

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Gavok posted:

If they gently caress things up with their PR, I hope it's more like Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite.

"Sure, FTR isn't in the game, but does that really matter? Nobody really remembers who FTR are to begin with. Besides, wrestlers are just functions anyway."

Oh gently caress I forgot FTR isn't supposed to be in the game

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Drakkel posted:

It says a lot about the state of game development and people's understanding of how it works nowadays that 2.5 years is considered an unreasonably long dev cycle worthy of "Duke Nukem For-NEVER" style memes

It also doesn’t help that AEW was pretty vocal in both projecting a release date very early on and then saying it was done when there were probably some more non-dev steps to complete. Under-promise, over-deliver!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Ganso Bomb posted:

It also doesn’t help that AEW was pretty vocal in both projecting a release date very early on and then saying it was done when there were probably some more non-dev steps to complete. Under-promise, over-deliver!

That's the thing. They can take as long as they want to develop it. Out of sight, out of mind. But having a lower third almost every show for a year now saying "Coming Soon! Pre-order at Game Stop!" makes people impatient. It's been "Coming soon!" so long I remember when people were worried Bryan Danielson wouldn't make it into the game because he had just debuted.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins

Gaz-L posted:

Perhaps the game is the 'debut' on the first episode of Collision.

What if Collision IS the game and the 2nd show is all game footage

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Going to LMAO if there is a reversible cover with Punk on the other side

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It should be one of those magic eye gimmicks.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The cover is just a picture of CM Punk's locker room door and if you open it a pop-up figure of Ace Steel jumps out and bites your arm

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

If Larry is a pre-order DLC weapon, all is forgiven.

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

My uncle who works at PlayStation said that the game is ready but they’re ironing out a bug where if you create a wrestler and give him Hangman’s move set a photorealistic CM Punk pops up on screen and calls you a dipshit

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

continuning my exploration of ps2 wrestling games i finaly played King of Coluseum 2 and its pretty great. My only issues is that im having a hard time figuring out the timing of the grapples. It feels like fire pro in that regard but striking is way better. Maybe the best roster of puro wrestlers ever and they have alternate atires that change the finishers wow!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What’s the easiest or best way to stream a match from PC Fire Pro or Wrestling Empire? Doesn’t need to be live, just something I can have people watch later.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Suplex Liberace posted:

continuning my exploration of ps2 wrestling games i finaly played King of Coluseum 2 and its pretty great. My only issues is that im having a hard time figuring out the timing of the grapples. It feels like fire pro in that regard but striking is way better. Maybe the best roster of puro wrestlers ever and they have alternate atires that change the finishers wow!

The crazy thing about that is its not just the finishers. Every single version of every single character is a fully editable caw slot, on top of the 100 in game.

Seymour Buttz
Apr 26, 2006

Dog controls your destiny.

Suplex Liberace posted:

The difference in timing between KoC and Fire Pro is that in Fire Pro you hit the button as soon as you make contact, whereas in KoC there’s a little dip/squat after you grapple and the dip is when you hit the button.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Suplex Liberace posted:

The presentation of it is so loving good. Entire crowd chanting MISAWA & clapping along with Spartan X. I still get chills every time I play it. And yeah, as someone who is dogshit at Fire Pro I greatly preferred the striking in KoC. At least having that be more forgiving gave me more patience to learn the grappling timing & it was all the more rewarding for it.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Just watched nL's JR vs Doctor Death and that's one of the better simmed matches I've seen in a while, in any game. :golfclap:

Am I to assume that AI and simmed matches are actually good, and not bad, and I could play this ant-farm style like Fire Pro? Or is this all smoke and mirrors? I used to really enjoy 2k around 13-15, and found it as Perfectly Serviceable AKI Methodone. I want to love again. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Seymour Buttz posted:

The difference in timing between KoC and Fire Pro is that in Fire Pro you hit the button as soon as you make contact, whereas in KoC there’s a little dip/squat after you grapple and the dip is when you hit the button.

this helped a lot thanks, is that where i should be pressing counter too?

forkboy84 posted:

The presentation of it is so loving good. Entire crowd chanting MISAWA & clapping along with Spartan X. I still get chills every time I play it. And yeah, as someone who is dogshit at Fire Pro I greatly preferred the striking in KoC. At least having that be more forgiving gave me more patience to learn the grappling timing & it was all the more rewarding for it.

i hit a clutch powerball frankensteiner as Mutoh and won (my 1st win) and the crowd chanting my name :') this is gaming