Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Does Zagara have any weakness other than a lack of escape? I find her very frustrating to play against because she's brutal with siege damage but she can also 1v1 like a motherfucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Not great in teamfights, no sustain before 10, no crowd control.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Having someone with good waveclear basically removes her from the match

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
She's really good. The way to handle her is to have your team to know to get on top of her if she ever crosses past the middle of the map because she's pretty gankable, and if she doesnt cross the middle of the map she can't push. Never leave a pal alone with a pushing zag.

Doing that usually doesnt take all that much effort so then she's an ok but slightly below average dps in team fights. For worm splitpush kill the worms.

If you're on braxis and you don't have a good matchup consider a 3/2 split instead of 4/1, it's not worth getting crushed top to be even on bot (I really question the conventional 4/1 > 3/2 wisdom on braxis).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Aug 7, 2018

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad
oh nvm, disregard that patch isnt out yet, sorry. My Bad.

!Klams fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Aug 7, 2018

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

PantsBandit posted:

Does Zagara have any weakness other than a lack of escape? I find her very frustrating to play against because she's brutal with siege damage but she can also 1v1 like a motherfucker.

These two guys are right:

Eraflure posted:

Not great in teamfights, no sustain before 10, no crowd control.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Having someone with good waveclear basically removes her from the match

I don't think she's very powerful overall in the current meta. You may be making the mistake of being a bad pusher and then actually trying to fight her or contest her wave midlane. Ideally you need to call for a rotation but if you must, you treat her like all the other good pushers. Let them take the wave and contest it by your towers while trying to soak damage for them if reasonable. Someone like KT could just literally let her have it, then blow them all up once they start moving towards his towers.

She's bad because say you've negated her push due to the above, she doesn't really provide a lot of value in teamfights. No CC, no way to swing fights now that everyone goes Nydus, low mobility makes her especially vulnerable in a high mobility meta (Genji???).

She's a nightmare if your team is losing every obj and she's just split-pushing you uncontested but that's honestly just a win-more type thing.

EDIT: One more thing. For example, in every instance you would draft Zag, you could just straight up draft Azmo. Same fuckin deal but waaaay more value.

thechalkoutline fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Aug 7, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
minor bug fix this patch

quote:

Fixed an issue that prevented players from responding to whispers from other players with the “Only allow friends to send me messages” option enabled.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Yeah, I love Zagara, she's a great lane bully and fantastic dueler, but she's not very viable right now because she will die every time someone dives her, and her utility outside of split-pushing is questionable at best. No reliable burst, no escape. I can see her working with a solid team on Braxis (attacking a single point and Zerg waves are two things she can do well), but there's almost always several better options.

Proud graduate of the Andy Reid coaching clinic.

quote:

Quick Cast: ‘On Release’ commands are now immediately fired when the hotkey for another ability is pressed. This should prevent some ‘lost keypress’ issues when firing abilities in rapid succession.

This is a nice bugfix, I've missed a lot of good plays the last few weeks when i swore I pushed a button multiple times but nothing happened.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Zagara relies way too heavily on her Creep and her Hydralisk to be truly effective in fights and duels. Depriving her of either drastically reduces the amount of danger that she poses to you and your team.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

No one ever clears creep, only me. Hoovering up tumors shuts her down a lot but idiots ignore creep's presence

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Shibawanko posted:

No one ever clears creep, only me. Hoovering up tumors shuts her down a lot but idiots ignore creep's presence

I stuck at killing the tumors when they go invisible :shrug: I understand where they're supposed to be but I just can't get them

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

If I cant conveniently I just type "clear creep if able" and I'd say 50% of the time it works. It's sporadic because it's dependent on the people in your team who can clear creep easily to realize this, but usually if people do they'll do it. You can try calling them out by character if you think it won't tilt them. Honestly no one likes having perma-vision watchtower on them and people above silver understand the purple stuff is vision.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Macaluso posted:

I stuck at killing the tumors when they go invisible :shrug: I understand where they're supposed to be but I just can't get them

You are a murky main, you really have no excuse

Semper Fudge
Feb 19, 2009

Pitchfork was wrong. (f)lowers of Algerbong is crap.
Whitemane is loving hard to play man

Lt. Broccoli
Jun 4, 2006

It just sits there. Completely harmless.

Semper Fudge posted:

Whitemane is loving hard to play man

I like taking the two laser talents at 1 and 4, then plea talents. Max out your charges constantly then use the heal beam to pop them for almost all your mana back.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Geckoagua posted:

I like taking the two laser talents at 1 and 4, then plea talents. Max out your charges constantly then use the heal beam to pop them for almost all your mana back.

Yeah once you hit 4, mana problems become nonexistant.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm not really a fan , a little annoying because I felt like there were no healer draft liabilities (besides uther on some maps) but I really do not want this hero on my team. Honestly she seems like a real mess, nothing in her kit feels good to use.

All IMO ofc, maybe this will be somebody's favorite healer.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

it's me, I'm the hypothetical person you're talking about who loves playing Whitemane

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

No Wave posted:

I'm not really a fan , a little annoying because I felt like there were no healer draft liabilities (besides uther on some maps) but I really do not want this hero on my team. Honestly she seems like a real mess, nothing in her kit feels good to use.

All IMO ofc, maybe this will be somebody's favorite healer.

Honestly she just looks like she's subject to the other team's build a bit more than other healers - she appears to be pretty good at what she does, but if you pick her into Genji/Greymane you're gonna have a bad day.

Positioning seems really important, and even if the other team isn't divey, you need to stick close to someone with good peel. She has slightly more HP than Tracer but no maneuverability, no hard CC, and weak self-healing, so if you get got you're probably going to be waiting on a res timer.

I could see her working well in Abathur comps just because she does put out some damage and good team heals with sustain as long as you're paying attention. She does need a team willing to engage though, I don't think she could keep up with a lot of poke if she's not able to step up and zap things.

(I have not played her, just watching other games).

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

She's more dependent on teammates to successfully peel for her than most healers, but she's a ton of fun and pours out a ridiculous amount of healing.

Also y'know, she does an anime cackle.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

whitemane bad.

I predict her hotslogs will show ~37% win rate across all leagues tomorrow

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Whitemane is a weird Auriel - which is to say she's aggressively binary. She's never going to be anything other than a complete shitrolling machine or a liability because she relies on dealing damage to activate heals. Just like with Auriel, if you're not in a position to deal damage, you won't get heals, and the whole setup will crumble.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Whitemane facts:

No movement abilities
Has to be in near enemy heroes to do real healing
Channeled ability requires being completely stationary
Only CC is channeled
Less hp than lucio

I don't want her to be bad because I don't want her to be overbuffed, her mechanic will be a huge balance problem.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Aug 8, 2018

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

:siren: They've started putting secret emotes in the game :siren:

:thunk: is :nexusthink:

that, :sappergoogly: and :pachimarigold: AKA :pachigold: are all available right now.

:het: is only if you own the Imperator Stukov pack.

Bad news: the stukov_army18 isn't implemented yet :negative:

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
So far I'm not too impressed with Thighmane, at least Q build. This is having her on my team and not me playing her. Maybe it's just because she healed one of my Samuro clones. :bang:

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
How did they make concept art that good, then gently caress up the real model so badly?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

She looks ok from above/on the battlefield. If she had like li ming proportions/actual hips I think she would look way too sexual from above. They could have given her pants as an alternative but now I'm being ridiculous.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Only thing I can think of when I see her model is that a bully gave her an atomic wedgie

ShortStack
Jan 16, 2006

tinystax
Pants for Whitemane 2018. I like her concept a lot because disc priest is my jam but she's hard to play well. I can see her being super good on the big teamfight maps.

Also can we not call her thighmane please.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

ShortStack posted:

Pants for Whitemane 2018. I like her concept a lot because disc priest is my jam but she's hard to play well. I can see her being super good on the big teamfight maps.

Also can we not call her thighmane please.

Yeah seriously she’s Thigh Inquisitor or Her Thighness if you want to be respectful

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
Lol she barely has thighs

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Not sure if I like the thighs or the laugh better. Can other players hear the laugh, or just the person playing her?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Other players can hear the laugh

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Fried Watermelon posted:

Other players can hear the laugh

That should be worth something, like an equivalent +10% to winrate.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

How do you deal with azmodan anymore

he just bullies everyone forever

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Ignite Memories posted:

How do you deal with azmodan anymore

he just bullies everyone forever

Raynor is pretty effective at walking into him and killing him. I mean, Raynor is pretty good at doing that with everyone, but Azmodan especially.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Are there other characters or techniques which can be leveraged, in case i have not chosen jimmy @ character select?

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Ignite Memories posted:

Are there other characters or techniques which can be leveraged, in case i have not chosen jimmy @ character select?

I don't understand the question.

Bait out his E at the edge of his range, or have a mobility spell like Vault to force it to fizzle, dodge his dunk, and then you've got a while before he can do anything other than basic attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Ignite Memories posted:

Filtering for who's viable in the current meta (like Stitches is amazing against Azmo, but you're Stitches):

Butcher
Sonya
Fenix
Diablo
Muradin
Thrall
Nazeebo