Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joose Caboose
Apr 17, 2013
FINALLY found a Chansey! Only 270cp but gently caress it I just wanted the dex spot. Now only Lapras to go which I'll probably never hatch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

My area has been nothing by Lickitung and Jigglypuff. I've seen a few Chansey but those are the two I see all the time this event.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
it's pretty clear they hosed up and didn't think about biomes where chanseys had no chance to spawn.

so I guess the best method to get them is ddrive around slowly at 15 mph and mash the scanner

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Glitches gyms should be fixed.

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
Does this game not suck yet?

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Check back in another six months, maybe :smith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It took me 7 months of playing this game, but I finally lasted long enough in a gym to get a bonus :slick:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

all-Rush mixtape posted:

It took me 7 months of playing this game, but I finally lasted long enough in a gym to get a bonus :slick:

You can get your bonus as soon as you stick a Pokemon in a gym. You should, if possible, wait until you have at least 10 gyms before you collect. Then you wait 21 hours. Put more Pokemon in gyms. Then collect when 21 hours pass. Some people I know simply collect every 24 hours.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Gym rewards also giving you stardust was a really stupid decision. It means people who hold gyms can gain more stardust than people who don't, allowing them to power up more Mons to Take and Hold Gyms. It's a self feedback loop of 'gently caress you' if you weren't one of those people who got into the gym game really early on.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yeah wait until you have 10 gyms.

:lol: I think I've had 10 gyms cumulative since this game was released.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
UPDATE: I lost the gym.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

Fog Tripper posted:

Does this game not suck yet?

I think we need to just accept that new features are done being rolled out and from here on out are just holiday events with increased candy.

They said they'll have some newsletter feature in the game but that just means an annoying screen you have to X out of the way every time you fire up the game.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Willsun posted:

I think we need to just accept that new features are done being rolled out and from here on out are just holiday events with increased candy.

They said they'll have some newsletter feature in the game but that just means an annoying screen you have to X out of the way every time you fire up the game.

You mean a second annoying screen you have to X out of the way every time you fire up the game.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

I've noticed that the gym culture around my home has really stagnated. Gyms go a certain color and either get flipped right away, or they end up level 8+ and stay that color for weeks at a time. No one seems to bother flipping over high level gyms anymore, they just aim for the low level stuff unless it's in a very high traffic area like the university.

I lost a pokemon for a while, I had no idea which gym it was in and it just kept on trucking. I found out later that it was at an out of the way (now closed) pizza/party joint that I passed on the way to a specialty food store one night. It's been in there for weeks now, no one has touched the gym at all. Same with the one at the park by my house. I also lost my Gyarados for a while, it went into a gym somewhere and only recently came back out. I still don't remember where I had put it. I've taken to naming pokemon after the gym I have them in so I at least have an idea of where they are in town in case one of them comes home.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Olothreutes posted:

I've noticed that the gym culture around my home has really stagnated. Gyms go a certain color and either get flipped right away, or they end up level 8+ and stay that color for weeks at a time. No one seems to bother flipping over high level gyms anymore, they just aim for the low level stuff unless it's in a very high traffic area like the university.

I lost a pokemon for a while, I had no idea which gym it was in and it just kept on trucking. I found out later that it was at an out of the way (now closed) pizza/party joint that I passed on the way to a specialty food store one night. It's been in there for weeks now, no one has touched the gym at all. Same with the one at the park by my house. I also lost my Gyarados for a while, it went into a gym somewhere and only recently came back out. I still don't remember where I had put it. I've taken to naming pokemon after the gym I have them in so I at least have an idea of where they are in town in case one of them comes home.

All my gym worthy Pokemon have nicknames.
I keep a list in Notes of all of them, their current location and when I dropped them off.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.
Gen 2 this week!

https://twitter.com/pokemon/status/831837800064446464

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
oh my god :stare:

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Why do the trailers still show people hiking and walking trails to catch pokemon.

Everyone know you head to your nearest downtown park with as much random poo poo in it as you can find

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Yessssssssss

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
So now the wait begins until the next app update sometime this week.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Great, now I need to choose between using gym coins for an incubator or on storage space. They need to put a tick box on items you just don't want.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pokémon will now do different moves in the capture screen, so there's a new berry to slow them down (Nanab). Also, there's a new berry to give you 2x candy on a successful catch (Pinap).

New wardrobe stuff, and some Pokémon will need special items to evolve, which you'll be able to obtain from Pokéstops.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Good timing on Gen2 as I just finished the NA dex with Smoochum, finally.

Niantic better include a free bag upgrade come Gen2.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

Hmmm, so there are supposed to be 100 gen 2 pokemon. We've seen 8 so far and the message indicates 80 new pokemon. Any thoughts on which ones won't be included?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi :geno:

E: Smeargle, in limbo until they figure out how to achieve its gimmick like Ditto was

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
They did say it was gonna be over 80. Taking out the legendaries, the babies we already have plus Togetic, Smeargle and maybe Unown, the total comes to 84.

e: Speaking of babies, I wonder how they are gonna handle Tyrogue. Random evos? Items? Will Eevees need evo items now?

kxZyle fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 15, 2017

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
There weren't any items in the files for Tyrogue or Eevee and they didn't need items in the first place, so I doubt they'll add anything for them. It'll probably just be random, which will suck for getting an Espeon or Umbreon.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I mean, Tyrogue could be based off Attack and Stamina IVs if they're starting to hew closer to the main series'evolution methods. Enjoy getting Hitmontop, if so! :shepface:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

kuroiXiru posted:

They did say it was gonna be over 80. Taking out the legendaries, the babies we already have plus Togetic, Smeargle and maybe Unown, the total comes to 84.

e: Speaking of babies, I wonder how they are gonna handle Tyrogue. Random evos? Items? Will Eevees need evo items now?

Tyrogue will either be random or based on EVs, probably. I just wonder what they'll do about the candy situation for that line - will they merge Hitmon* candy into Tyrogue candy, or have basically a separate one for each of the 4 Pokemon in the line?

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
man, I'm just never gonna complete a Pokedex in my life

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

AlphaKretin posted:

Entei, Raikou, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi :geno:

E: Smeargle, in limbo until they figure out how to achieve its gimmick like Ditto was

They should just give Smeargle two random moves from the game's entire movepool.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Dammit this happened last time too. I was a couple away from completing my dex and they release more mons.

I just need Igglybuff and Smoochum right now. :argh:

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

DizzyBum posted:

They should just give Smeargle two random moves from the game's entire movepool.

I wonder if the engine would support giving it a quick Sketch and a charge Sketch. Use the quick Sketch to get the opponent's quick move, then use the charge version to get their charge move, whether it was the last thing they used on you or not.

I feel like "take both moves from the first thing you fight" will be more likely though. Hopefully they planned something out, and it won't be in Ditto limbo for months.

Though now I'm wondering how they'l handle Shedinja once they hit Gen 3 - I guess as long as your Pokemon storage isn't full and you have a Pokeball, you'll get one? Hope they don't make that a random evolution too. And will they start introducing abilities at that point, or will it be totally useless?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Eh, this is a good opportunity to just uninstall the app instead.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I would really love the crashes to stop first. This game has been unplayable the last 24 hours.

Boywunda
Jun 25, 2003

For any Android users out there, the 0.57.2 update is up on apkmirror

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/niantic-inc/pokemon-go/pokemon-go-0-57-2-release/pokemon-go-0-57-2-android-apk-download/

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

good thing we just had an event that let me stock up on chansey candies

also can't wait for forretress, one of my favs. only pokemon i'm looking forward to more is chandelure.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

financially racist posted:

good thing we just had an event that let me stock up on chansey candies

also can't wait for forretress, one of my favs. only pokemon i'm looking forward to more is chandelure.

Porygon2 is the one I'm waiting for. I hope the evolution items aren't super rare. And if we're lucky, will drop based on what you have waiting to evolve.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

TVs Ian posted:

Porygon2 is the one I'm waiting for. I hope the evolution items aren't super rare. And if we're lucky, will drop based on what you have waiting to evolve.

:lol: That's cute.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Here's the new capture screen:

A lot easier to switch Balls or Berries.

They've updated the Status Screen:

Now you get a shillouette of what your Pokémon will evolve into (it stays that way even if you already own the evolution). Eevee has a ? on the Evolve button.

• Locked thread