Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
That band play a KILLER "Rains of Castamere"

How many more weeks do I have to wait?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

All of them. All of the weeks. Where's the next episode, George? Absolute fucker. Lemoncakes. CORN. CORN!

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

I had a friend yesterday trying to ask me what the deal was with Robb's annoying wife and if anything was going to happen with her being his wife. She's actually going to start reading the books soon so I had to yell at her to stop from looking up what was going to happen.

I could of at any moment of course say ROBB DIES, but she doesn't really care about him anyways so it wouldn't matter much.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

So I just found out that The Bear and The Maiden Fair has been done by The Hold Steady. That's pretty cool, to be fair.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is that something The Hold Steady just did or did they get contracted because using The National worked out well last season?

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Contracted, so I assume it'll appear during the credits at some point.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

TrickyTrev posted:

Spoiler or not a Spoiler?

More of an allusion.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
As long as they don't do the dumb poo poo of having 30 seconds to mars play the ending credits like in dragon age, I'm fine with whatever hipster band they recruit to sing the songs.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Contra Calculus posted:

As long as they don't do the dumb poo poo of having 30 seconds to mars play the ending credits like in dragon age, I'm fine with whatever hipster band they recruit to sing the songs.

30 seconds to mars is pretty cool and Jared Leto is about as sexy a man can be without being a woman

Also, Leviathan Wakes is the kindle daily deal today, co-written by GRRMs buttboy Ty. I picked it up, 1.99 is a good price and I heard it was good despite the Fatlord connection

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

bigmcgaffney posted:

Also, Leviathan Wakes is the kindle daily deal today, co-written by GRRMs buttboy Ty. I picked it up, 1.99 is a good price and I heard it was good despite the Fatlord connection

The other writer is Daniel Abraham, another one that's in the Gurm orbit, but the book is good.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I keep meaning to read Leviathan Wakes, it's had pretty much universal praise in the sci-fi thread, but the whole Ty thing really puts me off.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Junkenstein posted:

I keep meaning to read Leviathan Wakes, it's had pretty much universal praise in the sci-fi thread, but the whole Ty thing really puts me off.

Same here but whatevs, the money doesn't go to a fat gently caress who doesn't write, since their third book in that series comes out in June I think. That's more writing than GRRM has done in the last decade

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

bigmcgaffney posted:

30 seconds to mars is pretty cool and Jared Leto is about as sexy a man can be without being a woman.

They're okay from what I've heard of their stuff, but they didn't fit for that ending song in a medieval fantasy game.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
George R.R. Martin described Leviathan Wakes as a "kickass space opera"

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

elmer fud posted:

George R.R. Martin described Leviathan Wakes as a "kickass space opera"

See that? That's three words, that's three more words I should have written. I should have written it all.

Oskar GRRM, Schindler's Prolapse

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Maybe I just don't know them well enough but is the Hold Steady really a good choice for a song that by all accounts is a goofy drunken ballad for morons? I mean when I think the Hold Steady I think "a bar band for people who say they don't like bar bands", not screaming "A BEAR A BEAR A GREAT BLACK BEAR"

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Maybe I just don't know them well enough but is the Hold Steady really a good choice for a song that by all accounts is a goofy drunken ballad for morons? I mean when I think the Hold Steady I think "a bar band for people who say they don't like bar bands", not screaming "A BEAR A BEAR A GREAT BLACK BEAR"

The only reason for the song is to drown out Sansa's voice so yes, a bar band is ideal.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Should have got Dropkick Murphys.

Those crackers know drunk idiot songs.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Or even Flogging Molly.

When I think the Hold Steady I think "melody", not the boisterous chant of "WHO GIVES A gently caress ANOTHER ROUND" that is "Dancing Bear."

I mean yeah the National isn't the obvious choice for Rains of Castamere but at least their body of work lends one to think "oh yeah they could do a nice sad ballad if they wanted."

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Poison should have done Rains of Castamere.

Complete with heavy, meaningful sigh at the beginning.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

Or even Flogging Molly.

When I think the Hold Steady I think "melody", not the boisterous chant of "WHO GIVES A gently caress ANOTHER ROUND" that is "Dancing Bear."

I mean yeah the National isn't the obvious choice for Rains of Castamere but at least their body of work lends one to think "oh yeah they could do a nice sad ballad if they wanted."

Oh man, Flogging Molly would be great for that, or maybe Gogol Bordello.

Anyways, I liked The National for Castamere because they sang it as a proper dirge.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Poison should have done Rains of Castamere.

Complete with heavy, meaningful sigh at the beginning.

Nah man. Whitesnake.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
AC/DC should do the Bear and the Maiden. Westerosi cock rock.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Now I want a whole album of thrash metal covers of the songs from the animated Hobbit.

Pantera's "Down to Goblin Town" would own so loving hard.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Don Dokken or bust.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

can anyone tell me what the problem with Ty Franck is

I just don't know, I'm not sayin' I like him

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004
You all have loving terrible taste in music except for A GLISTENING HODOR's Pantera pick.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If we're being serious about bands we'd like on a Game of Thrones soundtrack, I'll be honest and say Judas Priest.

Actually, I'll be even more honest and say I would love for Rob Halford to be in the show, period. I don't know who he could play, but the man knows his theatrics.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Lady Gaga totes should play a character in GoT and do a song for the show.

Because Lady Gaga is the single greatest music act that ever lived.

Same goes for Electric Light Orchestra.

Bulletproof Tiger
Nov 2, 2010

alg posted:

can anyone tell me what the problem with Ty Franck is

I just don't know, I'm not sayin' I like him

Ty is GRRM's assistant, which basically means we all imagine him doing all sorts of creepy, depraved things. I think he wrote some stuff that I never read, maybe its not terrible, it's just anyone that spends a lot of time with GRRM is pretty much a goner as far as normalcy and non-creepiness goes. Maybe he's a very nice person, but we all expect the worst.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Only if the entire season is an Opera with all lines (and making GBS threads) sung.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

High five fab mother fucker

Tho Gags really jumped the shark with born this way, the entire album sucks rear end, too meaningful, go back to singing about rich things girl

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

But she's the voice of the gay culture now, don't you see? She really is the new Madonna, exeunt stage right with a flourish of fag hags.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Now I'm gay, but I'm not saying Gaga owns because I'm gay.

I'm saying it because it's real fact.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Bulletproof Tiger posted:

Ty is GRRM's assistant, which basically means we all imagine him doing all sorts of creepy, depraved things. I think he wrote some stuff that I never read, maybe its not terrible, it's just anyone that spends a lot of time with GRRM is pretty much a goner as far as normalcy and non-creepiness goes. Maybe he's a very nice person, but we all expect the worst.
Basically, Ty is GRRM's Reek. You can choose what problems that entails for yourself.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

See as a non-gay guy I actually wanted to hate Lady Gaga for a lot of reasons--some are even valid and not just the result of the "Fame Monster" singles being massively overplayed--but I just don't. Girl has got something and it isn't just an echo of Madonna.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

I'm jut saying that The Fame and The Fame Monster are killer and that Born This Way is missing that oooomph. Edge of Glory is that; the edge of something great but needs an extra crescendo to push it over the top. But Bad Romance and the piano version of Poker Face are my jams.

That cancelled Kanye/Gaga tour would have been unreal, but now it's in the "what could have been" fantasy realm along with Winds of Winter.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Ugh, how did this thread turn into a saccharine Lady Gaga lovefest? Can we plz go back now to the regularly scheduled programming filled with depraved slashfic, necrophilic rape, lemoncakes and lamprey pies, assorted scatological experiments, etc.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Joramun posted:

Ugh, how did this thread turn into a saccharine Lady Gaga lovefest? Can we plz go back now to the regularly scheduled programming filled with depraved slashfic, necrophilic rape, lemoncakes and lamprey pies, assorted scatological experiments, etc.

I am the worst poster in this thread right now, which means the normal stuff is off limits for me, lets talk about our favorite candy, I like Mike and Ike's, your turn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Bottle Caps or GTFO.