Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

vandalism posted:

I don't know, it's working for me. I haven't played in a long time. I just take a mission, abandon, have slaves, sell. I got like 10 million in about 10-15 minutes last night doing it. I have the same amount of money in a bounty now that supposedly has a 6 day timer. I'll disregard it if it goes away but I don't wanna leave port and get blown up.

As far as I know... After a week, a bounty becomes a dormant bounty, that will become a bounty again if you are scanned. If you have a bounty and are killed in that system, the credits are automatically taken from your rebuy. This was intentionally changed to keep people from wanting to do the kind of trick you are doing. I would suggest continue making money until you get bored, then never return to Robigo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003

Mike the TV posted:

As far as I know... After a week, a bounty becomes a dormant bounty, that will become a bounty again if you are scanned. If you have a bounty and are killed in that system, the credits are automatically taken from your rebuy. This was intentionally changed to keep people from wanting to do the kind of trick you are doing. I would suggest continue making money until you get bored, then never return to Robigo.

I guess it says "fine", is that the same as a bounty? It's up to like 30 million now. I'm gonna get rich and then leave there. Hmm. Should I wait the 4 days or whatever it is now until I even leave the station?

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
So how are you supposed to get surface scan junk for engineering without incurring unavoidable bounty?

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Orbit lines on club. It's not like there's anything in supercruise for them to get in the way of, they help a ton on approach, and shouldn't impact your immersion at all. You are in a loving faster than light wonder ship, and those lines are navigational data projected onto your HUD... a technology we have right now. They even disappear from sections of the cockpit that get shot out. That poo poo ADDS to my immersion.

Also screenshots should be in third person camera anyway, to show off your Livery dick

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Asproigerosis posted:

So how are you supposed to get surface scan junk for engineering without incurring unavoidable bounty?

Depending on the station, if you can get all the data points that say PUBLIC without staying in an exclusion area for too long, you're good. Avoid the ones that say private: those give bounties

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

vandalism posted:

I guess it says "fine", is that the same as a bounty? It's up to like 30 million now. I'm gonna get rich and then leave there. Hmm. Should I wait the 4 days or whatever it is now until I even leave the station?

Wait until it turns into a bounty. Grab a friend, go to another system, get a bounty in that system, have your buddy KWS you and kill your sidewinder. You will now have no bounty at no expense to yourself aside from the cost of the sidewinder, and your friend will be 1m richer.

Also authorities don't give a poo poo about fines, feel free to travel to your heart's content. Just keep in mind if you get blown up in Robigo with your ludicrous fine on your head you will be on the hook for the entire value.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Your Loyal Vizier posted:

Orbit lines on club. It's not like there's anything in supercruise for them to get in the way of, they help a ton on approach, and shouldn't impact your immersion at all. You are in a loving faster than light wonder ship, and those lines are navigational data projected onto your HUD... a technology we have right now. They even disappear from sections of the cockpit that get shot out. That poo poo ADDS to my immersion.

Also screenshots should be in third person camera anyway, to show off your Livery dick

Unless they are changing it with the new camera: orbit lines stay on in camera mode.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Dwesa posted:

So... should I put hull reinforcemenent or module reinforcement packages inside Anaconda?
You'll want to put in a couple MRPs and fill the rest with HRPs and SCBs if you plan on doing any serious combat: they are the difference between being able to fight back/run when the shields drop and suffering a relatively slow death while your disabled ship is spinning out of control being dismantled piece by piece.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Orbit lines are really distracting in VR. I like just looking at the stars.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Orbit lines on club. It's not like there's anything in supercruise for them to get in the way of, they help a ton on approach, and shouldn't impact your immersion at all.
I never thought it would happen to me but it turns out I'm the kind of dork who feels better with things that I "shouldn't" be able to know floating around my HUD. :shobon:

To be honest I'd really like to turn off the supercruise 'snow' effect as well; I'd be pretty happy if the only indications of my velocity in the canopy were the subtle movements of planets and the orange vertical line things at the sides.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

You totally should know them, though :colbert::cripes:

In other news, I applied everyone's anaconda advice to the cutter and got interesting results: https://eddp.co/u/xVUkAzWl
I have no idea what I'm doing with the weapon slots on these things, but either one looks like fun on a bun to fly with friends, and not too much of a drag solo. Unfortunately I couldn't get the corvette above 20ly jump with any quasi-combat loadout, so the sexy space wedge is out of the running

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 12, 2017

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

You totally should know them, though :colbert::cripes:

In other news, I applied everyone's anaconda advice to the cutter and got interesting results: https://eddp.co/u/xVUkAzWl
I have no idea what I'm doing with the weapon slots on these things, but either one looks like fun on a bun to fly with friends, and not too much of a drag solo. Unfortunately I couldn't get the corvette above 20ly jump with any quasi-combat loadout, so the sexy space wedge is out of the running

All I can say about this is that if you run into too much capacitor trouble, switch the big beams to big cannons. I've got a huge pulse laser modified with overcharge and emissive, and all of the large and medium hardpoints are autoloader cannons. It's a beautiful sight and sounds even better, with all of the shells firing into the top hull of something you're looping with.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Oh poo poo, you can stack modifications? That is... overwhelming

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Wait, I thought you could only have one type of modification on something? And if you took an overcharge multi cannon and tried to add a reload or ammo capacity mod to it, it would overwrite the overcharge settings?

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

you cant stack modifications but weapon mods can have an experimental effect in addition to the modification (things like Corrosive Munitions for multi-canon for example. Corrosive munitions reduce armor hardness which increases the damage received by the target plus all the other effects added by the modification you chose). Either you luck out and get one, or you use up your reputation rank with the engineer to get one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Wait until you see what efficient weapons and a charge enhanced capacitor does to your burst lasers.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

DancingShade posted:

Wait until you see what efficient weapons and a charge enhanced capacitor does to your burst lasers.

It was enough to give that anaconda fit 29 seconds of firing beams, so I can only imagine... :awesome:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Huh wrong thread, ignore this.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 13, 2017

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Unfortunately I couldn't get the corvette above 20ly jump with any quasi-combat loadout, so the sexy space wedge is out of the running

The corvette doesn't need jump range because you're going to park it in a system and go from the port to the conflict zone and back. Jump range is only a concern when you're going to the next system to fight the next war. Also, with module and ship xfers, you can get it around the bubble just fine with a modest fee.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Krycek posted:

The corvette doesn't need jump range because you're going to park it in a system and go from the port to the conflict zone and back. Jump range is only a concern when you're going to the next system to fight the next war. Also, with module and ship xfers, you can get it around the bubble just fine with a modest fee.

:laffo:

Please source your brown sea quotes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I expected something along the line of:

Krycek posted:

:allears:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

When is this game going to get fps combat modes?

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

You don't get to be space rich by doing stupid things like paying 3,000,000+ credits to move a ship across human space (and twiddling your thumbs for a half hour for the privilege).

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

Hopefully in a long, long time. There's much more interesting stuff to be added first.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

grimcreaper posted:

I already do all my shooting from a first person perspective. Some of it is even in combat.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Mu77ley posted:

Hopefully in a long, long time. There's much more interesting stuff to be added first.

This but also "space legs".

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
My corvette goes 25ly and owns bones. Sorry nothing is good enough for you goons unless it can survive hyper-min-maxed eHonoure PVP.

:rolleye:

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

My corvette goes 25ly and owns bones. Sorry nothing is good enough for you goons unless it can survive hyper-min-maxed eHonoure PVP.

I'm currently super-engineering a sidewinder for shits and giggles. The player base that can only fly Asps and Cutters is a bit insufferable.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I think my Corvette only goes about 18.5LY fully engineered but the trade off is that my dual huge heal beams can fire indefinitely at 3 pips to weapons and I have a disgustingly effective shield along with 3.5k of extremely reinforced armour. As mentioned by Krycek, I'm primarily using it fighting in conflict zones where I stay in one system and it's extremely good at that.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

The best ship in the game is the one you enjoy flying :kiddo:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

:yikes:

timn
Mar 16, 2010
If using my corvette to ram an NPC cutter to death while also taking fire from half of the CZ is wrong, then I don't want to be right.

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Lol, :wtc: All of those vettes sound awesome... I wish you people would post actual fits when you whip your space dicks out over weird arguments I'm not actually having with you

Unsinkabear fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Mar 13, 2017

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Lol, :wtc: All of those vettes sound awesome... I wish you people would post actual fits when you whip your space dicks out over weird arguments I'm not actually having with you

Those all are after engineering, I'm not sure Coriolis has any support for specifying mods. Spitballing really badly for a PVE corvette got me this: https://coriolis.io/outfit/federal_corvette/0pxtsFklndCsxf57o7o7l280t25250m070707070707074n2d2d3e2d2b2b292929.Iw18Z5A=.Aw18Z5A=

You can D-rank the thrusters since their optimal is so insanely low relative to the hull, but I'd way prefer an A-rank distributor. It's just so heavy :( But you're supposed to go to the rank 5 engineers for the FSD range, Dirty Drives, etc. That's when you start getting Vipers that hit like 800 before boost and such.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Please trigger warning your controversial opinion.

Natsuumi
Jun 13, 2003

Natsuumi's gone.
I'm Cherlene now.

Good Dumplings posted:

I'm not sure Coriolis has any support for specifying mods.

Use https://coriolis.edcd.io/ it has full engineer support. Plain old coriolis.io is dead and abandoned.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

This is why I'm looking forward to multicrew so much. GU-97 supremacy.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Natsuumi posted:

Use https://coriolis.edcd.io/ it has full engineer support. Plain old coriolis.io is dead and abandoned.

Ok, with that we get to 25LY, with some good armor for the price; the weapon mods can roll for acidic/thermal rounds too, which will make them apply way better: https://coriolis.edcd.io/outfit/fed...gymtwMAAA%3D%3D

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

:nallears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Voyeur posted:

A Clipper only has 2 Large and 2 Medium HPs. Did you mean a Cutter?

Uhh, yes. Cutter. God damnit.

Same question in general still stands: what do people on the beta train think is going to be the best gunner setup weapons?

• Locked thread