Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I moved recently and now that I'm settled in have started picking at Freelancer again. My old place had quite good internet and my new one has quite bad internet, and it really reveals how annoying the always online component of this game really is. It takes objectives several seconds to pop up after starting a mission, targets take even longer (to the extent that for a while the counter reads something like TARGETS: 0 / {/1} instead of TARGETS: 0/3) and loading every suspect on the final showdown map can take up to a minute. It's such a terrible implementation of a system that, again, does not even utilize an internet connection for anything.

The past few Hitman games have been an amazing timesink, but if there's even a hint of this in IO's James Bond game I'm not gonna buy it, it's just not worth the hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
I send you this file in order to have your advice!
Question about Freelancer Hokkaido if anyone knows: One of my targets is the lady in scrubs inside the hospital. Not sure how to describe it, but she stays within the most secure room on the map and never leaves, it's the room where they're doing surgery or something, I don't know the lore of it.

There are I think 2 entrances, both guarded by 2 guards who refuse to let me pass. I haven't been able to figure out which disguise will let me in there or who has a keycard to give me access. I can see her from the rooms above, but every glass window and door are bullet proof. Pulling the fire alarm just alerts all the guards and I need to avoid that because there are SO many guards and cameras everywhere. How the gently caress am I supposed to get in there or gain access to her?

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

Question about Freelancer Hokkaido if anyone knows: One of my targets is the lady in scrubs inside the hospital. Not sure how to describe it, but she stays within the most secure room on the map and never leaves, it's the room where they're doing surgery or something, I don't know the lore of it.

There are I think 2 entrances, both guarded by 2 guards who refuse to let me pass. I haven't been able to figure out which disguise will let me in there or who has a keycard to give me access. I can see her from the rooms above, but every glass window and door are bullet proof. Pulling the fire alarm just alerts all the guards and I need to avoid that because there are SO many guards and cameras everywhere. How the gently caress am I supposed to get in there or gain access to her?

You should probably play through the original level if you haven't - the mission stories teach you that stuff.

But the short answer is surgeons (#, not +) and the head surgeon are the only people who can normally get in that room. There is a way to change that area considerably, though...

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ended up with the funniest possible ending to Blood Money, cleared all the dudes on Requiem with no health left and Jack still alive. So cue a dramatic duel outside the church between 47 and a dude slowly coming at him with a wheelchair. Then 47 fleeing for his life as poo poo that guy has a machine gun, and finally I managed a potshot to kill him

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

KillHour posted:

There is a way to change that area considerably, though...

Is this killing the patient?

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001

KillHour posted:

You should probably play through the original level if you haven't - the mission stories teach you that stuff.

But the short answer is surgeons (#, not +) and the head surgeon are the only people who can normally get in that room. There is a way to change that area considerably, though...

I did the normal campaign a few years back so I don't recall the trick or I probably wouldn't be stuck. But I think you've given me enough direction to do it so thanks!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

DeathChicken posted:

Ended up with the funniest possible ending to Blood Money, cleared all the dudes on Requiem with no health left and Jack still alive. So cue a dramatic duel outside the church between 47 and a dude slowly coming at him with a wheelchair. Then 47 fleeing for his life as poo poo that guy has a machine gun, and finally I managed a potshot to kill him

I think you might have been facing off against the killer7 there

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

She's annoying, but not too difficult to get if it's who I'm thinking of. My method is to get an elite guard disguise, then lure her into the Stem Cell Control room accessible from the morgue. You'll be suspicious in said stem cell room and you can get her to investigate you, then use a coin (or other throwable) to lure her into the stairwell for an easy kill. Nobody naturally paths through there, so you don't have to hide the body.

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
I bought Hitman 1 and 2 (the new ones) years ago and now I feel like trying out the maps on the third part. Problem is I don't have a doctorate in DLC and no idea what to buy. I'd like all the maps, but I don't care for additional weapons or outfits.

This is the Steam page:
https://store.steampowered.com/developer/Hitman

What title exactly do I need to buy now, given that I have the first and second part? The third part seems to have vanished. Would that be "HITMAN World of Assassination" now? This is quite frustrating. Thank you very much, my fellow hitmen.

lllllllllllllllllll fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 8, 2024

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

I bought Hitman 1 and 2 (the new ones) years ago and now I feel like trying out the maps on the third part. Problem is I don't have a doctorate in DLC and no idea what to buy. I'd like all the maps, but I don't care for additional weapons or outfits.

This is the Steam page:
https://store.steampowered.com/developer/Hitman

What title exactly do I need to buy now, given that I have the first and second part? The third part seems to have vanished. Would that be "HITMAN World of Assassination" now? This is quite frustrating. Thank you very much, my fellow hitmen.

I believe you want HITMAN World of Assassination, the one that's 60% off. That should give you all the new games' maps, but if it for some reason doesn't you should be able to make an IOI account and get them because they know you own the first 2 games.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

El Jeffe posted:

I believe you want HITMAN World of Assassination, the one that's 60% off. That should give you all the new games' maps, but if it for some reason doesn't you should be able to make an IOI account and get them because they know you own the first 2 games.

You might also need the Hitman 3: Hitman 2 Access Pass (or something similarly titled) to get access to Haven Island and NY in story mode. It's <$10 currently and well worth it for those maps. Double check on Steam to see what it includes, this is the one place where IOI has made a real mess of it. I'm not sure what is required, combining everything into one package was a great idea, but poorly executed and communicated.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Shooting Blanks posted:

She's annoying, but not too difficult to get if it's who I'm thinking of. My method is to get an elite guard disguise, then lure her into the Stem Cell Control room accessible from the morgue. You'll be suspicious in said stem cell room and you can get her to investigate you, then use a coin (or other throwable) to lure her into the stairwell for an easy kill. Nobody naturally paths through there, so you don't have to hide the body.
that lady you can use the stem cells upstairs to ruin them, which will force her to path down through the stairwell to get more; and i think on master [so probably alerted] there's two extra patrolling morgue guards and one of them either looks through that downstairs door or paths slightly into it letting him see a little bit of the downstairs area

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Now I'm even more confused. A few days ago I remember seeing WoA and WoA: Deluxe Pack, and buying both gets you the vast majority of content (for whatever reason they are on sale separately right now but the Deluxe Edition is not on sale).

Now WoA: Deluxe Pack appears to be de-listed and clicking the old link just re-directs you to the Steam front page. What gives?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

that's really odd. i'm sure it was there a few days ago because the steam thread was arguing about it.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

It still shows up for me?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Strange. I tried it again and it's still gone. I also tried clicking a mission I don't have within the game to get directed to the correct Steam page but it just booted me to the front page again. Looks like I'm not the only one:
https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/1cno8oo/cant_seem_to_buy_the_woa_deluxe_pack/

I guess I'll check tomorrow to see if the problem mysteriously goes away.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE posted:

I did the normal campaign a few years back so I don't recall the trick or I probably wouldn't be stuck. But I think you've given me enough direction to do it so thanks!

Wait for the helicopter pilot to go check on his drug stash and take him out, disguise yourself as the pilot. Meet the head surgeon the helicopter pad, let him follow you to the drug stash, take him out and take his disguise.

That is one of probably half a dozen ways to get into that room.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Just discovered by accident that you still get the 30k bonus and a free item if you finish an entire campaign and then cash in to level up prestige before you open the completion rewards crate. :aaaaa:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

yeah i guess that's an officially curated contract

https://i.imgur.com/fkP3v0S.mp4

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Ghostlight posted:

yeah i guess that's an officially curated contract

https://i.imgur.com/fkP3v0S.mp4

Lol, I wish there were more featured contracts like this and less "keep changing disguises and take our four or five targets" ones. Some of the latest ones were pretty good imo.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

lmao "it was clearly an accident!!"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Root Bear posted:

Just discovered by accident that you still get the 30k bonus and a free item if you finish an entire campaign and then cash in to level up prestige before you open the completion rewards crate. :aaaaa:

Yup, this is a huge timesaver on the following prestige. I've just hit level 7 and I got especially lucky by landing one of the silverballers, so starting the next set will be much lower friction. If you really rush it, you can even get the end of syndicate bonus to roll into the next prestige too.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

Yup, this is a huge timesaver on the following prestige. I've just hit level 7 and I got especially lucky by landing one of the silverballers, so starting the next set will be much lower friction. If you really rush it, you can even get the end of syndicate bonus to roll into the next prestige too.

This is something I've been doing for awhile. I'll pick my map selection in a final syndicate to maximize the number of free items I get (meaning Mendoza/NY/Sgail/Whittleton/Ambrose/Dubai are priorities, with Hokkaido/Berlin/Miami/Chongqing as lower priorities). Prestige whenever, run through the last few maps, new campaign with at least some gear and a legendary plus a bunch of cash to start buying immediately.

NOT_A_VIRUS.EXE
Dec 10, 2001
Wow I never realize you could do that after prestige and I'm on 12 now :/

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Another tally for my list of glitched targets in Freelancer, a rare addition to non-H1 maps. Huey Gao is a shirtless NPC who starts out at the Haven villa and is stuck forever admiring an empty plate near the grill. Any bump or distraction will cause Huey's higher brain functions to reassert themselves and he will eat a burger he materializes from the plate...only to immediately continue staring at the empty plate again. Thankfully, you can poison the empty plate.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Is the arrange meeting prestige objective still broken, or am I just stupid?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Lollerich posted:

Still basically works only when it feels like it.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH

Lollerich posted:

The one thing I learned is that it's very specific on which burner phone you use. It has to be one that comes from a suspect that meets with your target with the same "meeting" network tell.

I still recommend avoiding it like the plague when it comes up.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

I have it in my head that you specifically need to invite the target to the meeting but I forget every time, kill the target, then arrange the meeting with their phone and it never works.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The meetings themselves always seemed really awkward to get to work, if a target walks up and sees a mysterious phone on the floor ringing they just get spooked and run away

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

Root Bear posted:

The one thing I learned is that it's very specific on which burner phone you use. It has to be one that comes from a suspect that meets with your target with the same "meeting" network tell.

I still recommend avoiding it like the plague when it comes up.

Nah I did exactly that and it didn't work.

So hosed that after all this time they haven't fixed it or adjusted the objective to tell you what you actually have to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

DeathChicken posted:

The meetings themselves always seemed really awkward to get to work, if a target walks up and sees a mysterious phone on the floor ringing they just get spooked and run away
It’s basically there so you can turn New York into your own little Devil In The White City simulator