Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

As a non bird owner who is friends with bird owners that are constantly asking if I want to hold their bird, how can you tell that it's about to gently caress your poo poo up like this?

1) Is it a parrot?
If yes, then it is going to bite you.

Parrots are destructive assholes. It's just what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
The election derail rule is suspended today right? you know there's gonna be some sweet, sweet meltdowns no matter who wins..

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
By meltdowns I assume you mean "shooting rampages"?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

This needs more attention, especially before the US election takes over every thread.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Korgan posted:

This needs more attention, especially before the US election takes over every thread.

It looks even better in the thumbnail.

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

Gorilla Salad posted:

By meltdowns I assume you mean "shooting rampages"?

probably not because hillary's going to win.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

FAROOQ posted:

probably not because hillary's going to win.

And that thing makes this thing less probable in what way?

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe
well i guess there could be celebratory mass shootings but I don't really believe that's likely.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

repeating posted:

And that thing makes this thing less probable in what way?

Is she taking away the guns maybe? That's always a possibility, I'm led to believe.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

Not Operator posted:

Is she taking away the guns maybe? That's always a possibility, I'm led to believe.

I mean, to quote the opposition (roughly) "making guns illegal means only outlaws have guns"

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think hillary can plan any false flag operations until after she gets the election she paid for

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Trump will issue the "election rigged, run amok" order 22:24 est

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

We're gonna get hate crimes either out of anger or out of elation. Either way, the Republican base is gonna go ballistic.

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

Slugnoid posted:

The election derail rule is suspended today right? you know there's gonna be some sweet, sweet meltdowns no matter who wins..

yes.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

chitoryu12 posted:

We're gonna get hate crimes either out of anger or out of elation. Either way, the Republican base is gonna go ballistic.

I'd hope that half of the Republican base tries to distance themselves from the rest.

Derail of the derail: what happened to the tea party? They were a thing but now they're not. I. Thought they'd be all over Trump and his loud brand of bullshit.

repeating
Nov 14, 2005

chitoryu12 posted:

The less disgusting option honestly is anger at the unexpected loss. I just hope it doesn't become full on civil unrest. Depends on the loser's reaction.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Let America rise from the ashes of itself like a red white and blue phoenix after it loses 15% of the population in bloody protests and riots

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Outrail posted:

I'd hope that half of the Republican base tries to distance themselves from the rest.

Derail of the derail: what happened to the tea party? They were a thing but now they're not. I. Thought they'd be all over Trump and his loud brand of bullshit.

Doing some quick research, the Tea Party fell into heavy decline after 2010. They got divided over who to support in the 2012 primary and have had the same negative reaction Trump has had from the GOP establishment. They still exist, but they're not really doing anything.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Outrail posted:

Trumps Base is what's left of the Tea Party, he's the biggest angriest dog that responded to all their dogwhistling. The fact that there are any Republicans surprised that Trump or someone like him would rise to prominence is kind of amazing in itself.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

repeating posted:

The less disgusting option honestly is anger at the unexpected loss. I just hope it doesn't become full on civil unrest. Depends on the loser's reaction.

Since there are Trump signs in every third yard but I have only seen a total of maybe 1 Clinton yard sign, everyone will "know" that any result other than "Trump landslide" is clearly the result of rigging and will be a cue for them to take to the streets and Drain The Swamp

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Data Graham posted:

Since there are Trump signs in every third yard but I have only seen a total of maybe 1 Clinton yard sign, everyone will "know" that any result other than "Trump landslide" is clearly the result of rigging and will be a cue for them to take to the streets and Drain The Swamp

Whoch they won't do because they're cowards and cretins.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

Who've just been emboldened by the Bundies getting off scott free.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody looking for some good election schaden should get in here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3796630

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Data Graham posted:

The reason you don't see any Clinton signs is that people are voting for her because they're just voting against trump, not for her. Also for the same reason you never hear anyone making the argument that the moon landings weren't faked.

Which hopefully will make the Trump defeat all that much entertaining/sad.

Gounads
Mar 13, 2013

Where am I?
How did I get here?

Outrail posted:

The reason you don't see any Clinton signs is that people are voting for her because they're just voting against trump, not for her. Also for the same reason you never hear anyone making the argument that the moon landings weren't faked.

Which hopefully will make the Trump defeat all that much entertaining/sad.

At least in October, affirmative-vote polls had Clinton doing just fine.
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/clinton-voters-arent-just-voting-against-trump/

I think the signs are just more of a case that democrats realized yard-signs don't matter.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

I see more Hillary signs than Trump signs when I'm driving around town here in Red State North Dakota, the only trump sign that I see on a daily basis is in front of this ramshackle run-down house on main street. There's a bunch of other republican signs but they're usually not accompanied by Trump.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Do people still think the Trump idiots are actually going to riot or do loving anything when he loses? They're just like the idiots online that wanna "fite irl im ripped", they're not gonna do poo poo except yell on the internet.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

They're all going to move to another country just like all of Clinton's supporters will move to another country if Trump wins.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

oldpainless posted:

They're all going to move to another country just like all of Clinton's supporters will move to another country if Trump wins.

In other words, nothing changes, nobody moves, nobody gets out of their mobility scooter.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

TotalLossBrain posted:

In other words, nothing changes, nobody moves, nobody gets out of their mobility scooter.

This should be our national motto.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Kurieg posted:

I see more Hillary signs than Trump signs when I'm driving around town here in Red State North Dakota, the only trump sign that I see on a daily basis is in front of this ramshackle run-down house on main street. There's a bunch of other republican signs but they're usually not accompanied by Trump.

On a podcast I heard, they said that there is a bumper sticker company that has operated since the 30's. The amount of political ones they sell for a candidate always translates to who wins. They had clinton selling some thing 2.5 x what trump had a month or so back.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

ShootaBoy posted:

Do people still think the Trump idiots are actually going to riot or do loving anything when he loses? They're just like the idiots online that wanna "fite irl im ripped", they're not gonna do poo poo except yell on the internet.

I'm fairly confident Hilary'll win, but this is what's been causing me anxiety all day. I'm terrified, even if it's irrational.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Jippa posted:

On a podcast I heard, they said that there is a bumper sticker company that has operated since the 30's. The amount of political ones they sell for a candidate always translates to who wins. They had clinton selling some thing 2.5 x what trump had a month or so back.

This reminds me of an old daily show segment in which Rob Corddry went to a company who made racist and generally distasteful political bumper stickers and asked the owner what he told his children he did.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

You know, I kind of hope that there are mass protests no matter who wins. Not violent ones, just have some goddamned conviction to your principles. If you think the election has been stolen (or that president-elect is about to send the world in a spiral of destruction) then get out there and register your displeasure.

WickedHate posted:

I'm fairly confident Hilary'll win, but this is what's been causing me anxiety all day. I'm terrified, even if it's irrational.

Well yeah, even if they didn't pull the trigger, it's only natural to be a bit shaky when someone has been holding a gun to your head for months.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Yeah I'm not american so I find the whole bumper sticker thing pretty funny. It's still an interesting way of measuring public opinion. You would have thought that trump supporters would be all over that poo poo?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

There was also something on the news by me saying that this company in China that makes cheap presidential masks always predicts the winner and they had sold like 20% more Trump masks than Clinton. One way or another one of the two companies is going to keep their streak alive!

skit herre
Mar 24, 2015

Don't do drugs, kids.
Lipstick Apathy
Why the hell do you have to register to vote anyway in your country?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

skit herre posted:

Why the hell do you have to register to vote anyway in your country?

Racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

That and classism yeah. Also, we can't have those filthy illegal immigrants voting. What with their family centric values and religious background and hard work ethic. They're like exactly the kind of people the Republican base preaches against.