Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Regalingualius posted:

I wonder what their response is when it's pointed out that the inevitable humanitarian effort would be unimaginably costly (or just the ripples in the global economy from South Korea's almost certainly making GBS threads the bed overnight).

Something like this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Regalingualius posted:

I wonder what their response is when it's pointed out that the inevitable humanitarian effort would be unimaginably costly (or just the ripples in the global economy from South Korea's almost certainly making GBS threads the bed overnight).

"Well then we just won't pay."

Remember, humanitarianism and empathy are signs of weakness to nazis.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Regalingualius posted:

I'm going to go with this, but with "humanitarian" instead of "recycling"

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

McDragon posted:

How do you copy that and forget the hats and still have them taking off hats that are not there and what is wrong with their arms?
wish Rall would break his own arms instead of politicians'

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Ah yes, the traditional Korean name "Dave."

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

muscles like this! posted:

Ah yes, the traditional Korean name "Dave."
It's Kim Jong Dave :eng99:

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Rebel Blob posted:

This might be of interest here, Cagle wrote an article about how conservative newspapers are dropping political cartoons completely because they can't find enough of them that are pro-Trump.

I guess he's right that cartoonists aren't usually cheerleaders (with a pointed jab at Garrison), but it's hard to accept all the conservative cartoonists blasting off to a parallel dimension where Chelsea Clinton is the biggest threat to America. "We criticize whoever's in power" rings hollow after the deafening silence about Trump and the GOP since the election.

Also, holy poo poo, this is still blowing my mind.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
It's interesting that Drunkie Duck JUST discovered 90s anime in 2017. We'll be up to Deathnote and Chelsy's Grandkids if he doesn't die drowning in his own vomit by 2025.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Look at the goddamned perspective on that hammer.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Aww, he's not going to complain about anime for the next few weeks?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Aww, he's not going to complain about anime for the next few weeks?
Sunday comics are usually unrelated to whatever story arc or theme going on in the regular daily strips. One reason for this is because papers will frequently print only the Sundays of certain comics. The other reason is because, for whatever reason, Sunday strips aren't submitted at the same time as other strips. Possibly because of the color printing.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
How can electric cars be good if gasoline is cheap right now??

Sane people who target Chelsea Clinton as a priority threat in the modern US political climate, that is.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Vib Rib posted:

Gas cheap now. Gas cheap forever. Gas price never fluctuate. Vroom Vroom.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Can I get a comparison on how far a dollar of electricity will get you compared to a dollar of gas?
Im interested now

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
Electric car data
https://www.afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_charging_home.html
Complete with calculator, and a linked PDF chart, the difference is kinda impressive

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I'd like to think this is Cagle's direct response to that newspaper refusing to print any cartoons due to there not being enough pro-Trump ones

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I agree with the sentiment but this is probably the first anti-anti-gay argument I ever heard. Does the audience for this comic really need to hear it again?

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

FronzelNeekburm posted:

Also, holy poo poo, this is still blowing my mind.

gently caress yeah Frank N' Ernest, a joke every time. Even the title is a joke. What a goddamn amazing comic that deserves way better than being printed alongside some DUI fucker's whining about the judge who sentenced him.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Regalingualius posted:

"I don't recognize any of these words".

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"The real special relationship - Chris Riddell on Trump, Putin and May at the G20 summit"

Sunday Telegraph:

Trump expects trade deal with UK to be completed 'very, very quickly'

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I agree with the sentiment but this is probably the first anti-anti-gay argument I ever heard. Does the audience for this comic really need to hear it again?

As with most of the political cartoons around here, they're less about giving you something new to think about and more to reassure that what you already think is right.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Tenebrais posted:

As with most of the political cartoons around here, they're less about giving you something new to think about and more to reassure that what you already think is right.

And with that, we're back to SMBC.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Man they are not giving up on those fuckin' shoes are they

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Y'know Vox told me it's cuz of trying to look like Elizabeth I and all but I still can't get over how female Tory politicos are apparently trying to look like evil clowns.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yes I'm late to the party, but like look at this poo poo!
Trump wants to fly the American Eagle straight into the loving sun, and luckily these hands that are plucking feathers in a vain attempt to prevent him from flying too high will also be there to catch him when he inevitably falls to his doom. How are you so bad at your job? This is like Branco's "Witch hunt" cartoon in that it's an error of such magnitude I expect the writer to not have English as their primary language. That said "don't fly into the sun" seems like it would be a message in any language with people who are not physically blind and thus know not to stare at the giant orb of fire.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

HootTheOwl posted:

That said "don't fly into the sun" seems like it would be a message in any language with people who are not physically blind and thus know not to stare at the giant orb of fire.

Any group that doesn't know not to stare at it will become physically blind anyway.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Libertarians are so loving annoying.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Somfin posted:

Man they are not giving up on those fuckin' shoes are they

To be fair, it is the only remotely distinctive thing about Theresa May. The naughtiest thing she could think of doing as a child was running through a wheat field.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Vib Rib posted:

Obviously it will never be expensive again. It's not as if it is a thing that constantly fluctuates in price.

Vib Rib posted:

Sane people who target Chelsea Clinton as a priority threat in the modern US political climate, that is.

Curious, Ivanka is doing everything they accuse Chelsea of, but *crickets.*

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Man, gently caress you.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Does the Prickly City guy make a living doing this

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Hihohe posted:

Can I get a comparison on how far a dollar of electricity will get you compared to a dollar of gas?
Im interested now

My five year old nissan leaf is about 2cents a mile. Also the only maintenance I've had to do in five years of ownership is replacing the tires and wipers.

Angepain posted:

To be fair, it is the only remotely distinctive thing about Theresa May. The naughtiest thing she could think of doing as a child was running through a wheat field.

Well she certainly couldn't reveal something true, like she eats flies because she's a lizard person or something.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Sir Tonk posted:

Libertarians are so loving annoying.

Why can't we just live in a peaceful and orderly society with no rules?

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Helen Highwater posted:

And with that, we're back to SMBC.

Needs the Kelly stammering "B-but...!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Republicans posted:

"So what do you suppose native americans do on those reservations?"