Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
All of your sandwiches seem really bad tbh

But still butter than anything including an “Iowa chop”

Fake edit: this is definitely my worst snipe and I am not a good poster to begin with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

pentyne posted:

They loving love a loose meat sandwich.

Go ahead. Google it. Its both completely expected and still horrifying. Its a sandwich for people who need as much help as possible to chew through meat.

Finally, a sandwich for me.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
This recently popped into my head again but every time it has, I've not been able to find the original thread to accurately decribe it:

Years ago someone posted in GBS a way for men to make themselves irresistible to women. The gist of it was that they'd have to jizz and piss into a jar, maybe combine it with some other stuff and let it ferment for a while, then spray it on themselves with an atomizer, like cologne. The 'science' behind it was that it was like bathing in testosterone and women would subconsciously be drawn to it. A handful of goons went through with it and documented their results, apparently.

Anyone got this thread archived?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mister Speaker posted:

This recently popped into my head again but every time it has, I've not been able to find the original thread to accurately decribe it:

Years ago someone posted in GBS a way for men to make themselves irresistible to women. The gist of it was that they'd have to jizz and piss into a jar, maybe combine it with some other stuff and let it ferment for a while, then spray it on themselves with an atomizer, like cologne. The 'science' behind it was that it was like bathing in testosterone and women would subconsciously be drawn to it. A handful of goons went through with it and documented their results, apparently.

So... basically taking the opposite of a shower in every conceivable way. An anti-shower.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

pentyne posted:

They loving love a loose meat sandwich.

Go ahead. Google it. Its both completely expected and still horrifying. Its a sandwich for people who need as much help as possible to chew through meat.

my parents are from Iowa and so I must confess that I get cravings for a Maid Rite sandwich like the kinds we'd get visiting gramma and grampa when I was a kid, but not enough to drive an hour into Missouri to get one

we used to have a chain in KC hilariously called Krumbly Burger but it seems they're down to one location

loose meat's dyin, cloud

e: lol

Peanut Butler has a new favorite as of 01:14 on Aug 8, 2019

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
The original loose meat sandwich was unseasoned ground beef with chopped onions and mustard.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I will never tire of telling people about the time Roseanne and Tom Arnold opened a loose meat sandwich restaurant in Iowa, called Roseanne & Tom's Big Food Diner"

Here's the, uh, recipe

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Glenn Quebec posted:

The original loose meat sandwich was unseasoned ground beef with chopped onions and mustard.

Carroll Dietz of Missoula, Montana, created the precursor to the tavern sandwich in 1920, referred to as a "steamed hamburger."

Christ. Reality really is a Simpson’s reference.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
In 1899, Maude Montgomery of Bartholomew Country, Indiana made the precursor to the steamed sandwich called the "hot-air beef-on-a-bread" which was popular during the Great Blizzard of 1899 due to the fact it was at a comfortable room temperature.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
SA's greatest sandwich chat saga

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Mister Speaker posted:

I think I have it bookmarked...yep, I'm terrible! PHEROMONEZ

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fleta you're like the unofficial SA historian I love it

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I have mixed feelings! But I also have OCD and like to reread things.

E:

the smell of hot balls posted:

Warning: If you are a girl and you try this the results may be unpleasant or even disastrous. I warned you.
Even my pussy is tsking at this. (It's disconcerting!)

Seriously, though, smearing your sexual effluvia all over yourself must be unpleasant for everyone, and at least mine don't smell like Clorox.

Moreover, Bonanza Jellybean suggested this technique decades before this guy, so I guess what I'm saying is Tom Robbins is obviously a goon.

Fleta Mcgurn has a new favorite as of 17:33 on Aug 8, 2019

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I have mixed feelings! But I also have OCD and like to reread things.

E:

Even my pussy is tsking at this. (It's disconcerting!)

Seriously, though, smearing your sexual effluvia all over yourself must be unpleasant for everyone, and at least mine don't smell like Clorox.

Moreover, Bonanza Jellybean suggested this technique decades before this guy, so I guess what I'm saying is Tom Robbins is obviously a goon.

A tiny dab behind the ears isn't out of the question

He won't know what hit him :wink:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

luxury handset posted:

if you're going to poo poo all over the south you need to have a standard for excellence a drat sight higher than iowa of all places

it's like professing to be some kind of foodie and hating most common foods as plebian trash and then when it comes time to tout the perfect food you say "have you HEARD of Kraft Mac and Cheese???"

I'm pretty sure a goon has literally done this

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Elephant Ambush posted:

SA's greatest sandwich chat saga
my favourite sandwich factoid is it took like 100 years of serving hot sausages directly into people's hands before someone was like "but what if bread??"

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Ghostlight posted:

100 years of serving hot sausages directly into people's hands

:pervert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Ghostlight posted:

my favourite sandwich factoid is it took like 100 years of serving hot sausages directly into people's hands before someone was like "but what if bread??"

And another 100 years after the invention of sandwiches, plates were a real game-changer.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

We should go back to the age of trenchers.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

We should go back to the age of trenchers.

Where rich people eat their extravagant meals off a stale slice of bread, then chuck the bread out the window to feed the poor's?

I have some bad news for you.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Fleta McLearn :eng101:

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Ghostlight posted:

I mean, sticks are not a new invention.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

Where rich people eat their extravagant meals off a stale slice of bread, then chuck the bread out the window to feed the poor's?

I have some bad news for you.

The bad news is that now, even this meagre level of social responsibility is scorned by the wealthy

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Phy posted:

The bad news is that now, even this meagre level of social responsibility is scorned by the wealthy

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think a Bread the Homeless campaign could really take off in some upper crust social circles.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think a Bread the Homeless campaign could really take off in some upper crust social circles.

Wheat are you talking about? All the rich do is loaf around all day collecting capital gains.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Elephant Ambush posted:

Wheat are you talking about? All the rich do is loaf around all day collecting capital grains.

You had one job!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
gently caress off and die.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Spanish Manlove posted:

gently caress off and rye.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Oh, do you mean....... freekeh off and rye?????

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
gently caress off and diet

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Spanish Manlove posted:

rude

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Spanish Manlove posted:

Turn on your monitor

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Turn off your heart monitor

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

bradzilla posted:

Turn on your monitor

Oh hey there handsome

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

TURN IT OFF, TURN IT OFF :cry:

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Hey, man, is that Freedom Rock?!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

You had one job!

gently caress

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This thread is pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008