Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
it kind of reminds me how the libs were all #GOTEM because trump said toledo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Al! posted:

it's weird that everyone focused on the impossibility of feral pigs existing because it seems like shooting at pigs in your yard when your children are also playing in your yard is the problem

crazy how people are laughing at this absurd fantasy scenario when one specific part of the scenario could be problematic

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

The hot take is coming from inside the Vox.

quote:

Feral pigs are a serious agricultural problem. But they present, I would argue, a serious, no-joke, moral problem too. The image of hunting tourists in helicopters raining death upon the hogs — and even of experienced conservation personnel trapping and euthanizing the hogs — raises an obvious moral question: Is it ethical to kill hogs in this manner?

The author goes on to suggest that we instead drug the hogs with contraceptives.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

it's just typical, here I am doing my morning chores, reenacting the Starship Troopers fort scene against a tsunami of slavering pork, and some liberal comes along sniveling about gun safety

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

this is morally dubious or problematic or whatever but flying around in a helicopter just lighting up hogs would probably be a hell of an afternoon

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

crazy how people are laughing at this absurd fantasy scenario when one specific part of the scenario could be problematic

This is one of the core strengths of right wing ideology. Being both factually and morally wrong both on extraordinary levels.

It instantly divides the enemy into two camps, the nitpicks and the scolds, neither delivering a coherent rebuttal that becomes the core reply.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Platystemon posted:

The hot take is coming from inside the Vox.

The author goes on to suggest that we instead drug the hogs with contraceptives.
on the one hand, they already lay out tainted food for raccoons in parks to eat so that they either get sick or don't breed, so it's not an unprecedented solution. they'd have to spread this out over a far larger distance, of course

on the other hand, the fact that Vox found it necessary to write something serious to a thoroughly insane tweet is laughable but typical for them. that, along with the fact that they're one of, like, three online media conglomerates that own 95% of the news you read online makes them a disease

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

are the children hog-bait or a range marker?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 19 days!)

get that OUT of my face posted:

on the one hand, they already lay out tainted food for raccoons in parks to eat so that they either get sick or don't breed, so it's not an unprecedented solution. they'd have to spread this out over a far larger distance, of course

on the other hand, the fact that Vox found it necessary to write something serious to a thoroughly insane tweet is laughable but typical for them. that, along with the fact that they're one of, like, three online media conglomerates that own 95% of the news you read online makes them a disease

This reminds me of the incredible I Poison Dogs twitter account, which I can't find anymore. Must've been banned by bleeding heart libs, :rip:.

Anyway, if you somehow could come up with a plan to give feral hogs contraceptives at a high enough rate to control their population, it still wouldn''t solve the immediate problem of massive numbers of feral hogs running around presenting a danger to other wildlife. If human civilization imbalances the ecosystem to favor one species in the absence of its natural predators, like feral hogs, then there's a moral duty to kill some hogs. You can't just wring your hands and get bogged down in the moral uncertainty of dealing with a pestilence. I doubt any of these city slicker writers ever wring their hands over rat poison or fly swatters.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

this is morally dubious or problematic or whatever but flying around in a helicopter just lighting up hogs would probably be a hell of an afternoon

we have 100000 video games that simulate being an army man killing army men, but none that simulate flying around in a helicopter with your bros while you save the environment by just pissing bullets into a crowd of pigs from a helicopter

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1158772859612778496

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Technically true, in that the "rigorous scientific" definition of "species" frequently doesn't match up to actual species distinctions we draw and there's millions of fuzzy lines there.

And the entire concept of species pretty much exists to backfit modern biology to Aristotle's categorization fetish.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Also what's the harm in letting it live like a cow if it wants to

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://twitter.com/FreeBeacon/status/1158762707501441024

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It kind of looks like a cow anyways.

ikanreed posted:

Technically true, in that the "rigorous scientific" definition of "species" frequently doesn't match up to actual species distinctions we draw and there's millions of fuzzy lines there.

And the entire concept of species pretty much exists to backfit modern biology to Aristotle's categorization fetish.

This reminds me of one of the most baffling arguments I ever got into online, where this arch reactionary was trying to insist that hyenas are dogs - even though they're their own evolutionary family and are more closely related to cats.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It kind of looks like a cow anyways.

This reminds me of one of the most baffling arguments I ever got into online, where this arch reactionary was trying to insist that hyenas are dogs - even though they're their own evolutionary family and are more closely related to cats.

"But it's shaped like a dog! Stupid lib"

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

This is a hilariously fake image.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

yeah now I'm trying to find the videos of that one redneck goon who'd go stalking his fields after them with nightvision goggles and a spear like some kind of hosed up nature-show Buffalo Bill

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
a female deer is called a cow, that would be a bull

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Civilized Fishbot posted:

we have 100000 video games that simulate being an army man killing army men, but none that simulate flying around in a helicopter with your bros while you save the environment by just pissing bullets into a crowd of pigs from a helicopter

i see you are unfamiliar with the Cabela's Dangerous Hunts series of video games

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

liberalism.txt

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Taintrunner posted:

liberalism.txt

Isn't that cute the us is pretending to have a reform based justice system.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Taintrunner posted:

liberalism.txt

prisons are toxic masculinity cranked up to 11, and California's are some of the worst in the country

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Civilized Fishbot posted:

sarah palin hunts that way

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

quote:

Barack rips off his suit jacket and reveals... a wolf shirt??!? "Guess what, i'm not black. I'm a gay wolf spirit" *Hops in Marine One, cocks rifle* "Now i'm gonna go give Palin some payback"

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Platystemon posted:

This is a hilariously fake image.

Not only hilariously fake, but a hilariously fake still of a Tsar Bomba video someone made.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

I worked a season at a Christmas tree farm and the owner always tried to convince the pilots he hired to let him do that and just got a firm "absolutely not gently caress off" every time

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Goast posted:

I worked a season at a Christmas tree farm and the owner always tried to convince the pilots he hired to let him do that and just got a firm "absolutely not gently caress off" every time

The Hogs that Ate Christmas

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

incredible shade at jrpgs

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Japan always had a lot of gun violence, that's why they invented the PS3 to stop it.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

in japan mass murders are committed by the killer jumping onto his victims' heads, potentially on several victims in a row without touching the ground

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

:thunk:

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Al! posted:

cow re mi fa so la ti cow

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Poniard posted:

cow re mi fa so la ti cow

Cow. A deer. A fe-male deer.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmao

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AFilan/status/1159043297173811200?s=20

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/DangerousDocs/status/1158769706377142272

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
The CEO of my company was in the city and decided to deliver an "informal training" session at 8 PM yesterday.

Jesus gently caress rich people are so loving broken.

The training session was actually a presentation in which he ranted about his world views for two hours. Many classics:
-The Rothschilds control the world and have been since the Battle of Waterloo
-Jews hate the Gold Standard and that's why they caused the 1970s oil crisis to collapse the Bretton Woods system
-I'm not an anti-semite, I'm a semitophile because I think that's awesome
-Jews are the smartest ethnicity on Earth
-The Rothschilds control the world by controlling the monetary system
-All of the assassinated US presidents were killed by the Jews because they tried to challenge their control of the monetary system
-The reason Iran is being painted as an enemy is because they want to sell oil in Euros rather than Dollars and Jews can't let that happen because they want the Dollar to remain the world currency since they control it the most by owning the Fed (they also own all other central banks but ???)
-The Great Depression was caused by the Jews
-Hitler was funded by the Jews but they miscalculated and he got out of control
-Hitler was left wing
-Hitler greatly respected Polish people (lol, also this is in Poland)
-World War 2 was started by America because they were angry at France because France insisted on upholding the Versailles treaty but America wanted to make money instead
-World War 1 was started by America in order to make money
-Keynes sucks and is ridiculous and doesn't work, also Hitler managed to bring Germany out of the Great Depression and into being a superpower because he used Keynesian economics, but also they don't work and should be ridiculed
-Now Milton Friedman is the man but the leftists and Jews discredit him by giving Nobel prizes to left-wing economists to brainwash people
-The EU is leftist and its collapse is inevitable and imminent and it almost collapsed in 2009 so it would be better to leave but the Jews won't let it happen
-The Greek economic crisis was caused by the Jews because
-George Soros is spreading leftist ideas and is fudned by the Rothschilds and he got a loan from Goldman Sachs. Think about it, if you or I had 15 million dollars and went to Goldman Sachs to get a loan of 1 billion dollars do you think we'd get it? ----Also the Soros Fund doesn't list Soros anywhere but the name and it lists Rothschilds in its documents

But the absolute best part was at the very start. The real gem.

You see, the price ratio of gold to silver has an objective value of 16. Even ancient people calculated it and knew it. So, if the ratio in the markets is different you know which one to short and which one to buy, since it will inevitably trend back to the objective ratio. You can count on it because the sun goes around the earth 16 times more often than the moon.

(i guess heliocentricity is also for leftits?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

that's not a rich people problem (though it doesn't help), that's an "i hate Jews" problem. you can find plenty of people with far less money who hold at least some of those views