Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

TheLastManStanding posted:

:colbert: Canon TS-E 24mm f/3.5L II

:colbert: Nikkor-SW 90mm f/8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

MrBlandAverage posted:

:colbert: Nikkor-SW 90mm f/8

Having just used it, I second this.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
35mm Nikkor PC lens, AIS. Ghetto as gently caress but it keeps my lines straight on crop.

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

I refuse to be part of your furry fantasies
I recently had the pleasure of visiting Cuba. Very interesting country with lots going on on the street.

Selling fruit by dunos, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS

dunos posted:

I recently had the pleasure of visiting Cuba. Very interesting country with lots going on on the street.

Selling fruit by dunos, on Flickr

must be the leica

Subyng
May 4, 2013
way too much contrast in my opinion

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Also not much going on in that street photo

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

Also not much going on in that street photo

Yea true, I never said I was actually any good at capturing what was going on.

Meat market by dunos, on Flickr

Butchery by dunos, on Flickr

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

dunos posted:

Yea true, I never said I was actually any good at capturing what was going on.

Meat market by dunos, on Flickr

Legs of lamb everywhere

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
IMG_0016.jpg by Ashade76, on Flickr

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Legolas, what do your elf eyes see?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

VendaGoat posted:

A stupid post (which is saying something considering what thread we are in).

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

Post pics or shut up.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Musket posted:

Post pics or shut up.

Sure, what would you like? Buildings? People? Events? Marches?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

Sure, what would you like? Buildings? People? Events? Marches?

A physical representation of the abstract concept of intangibility.

This is not a polite request.

Get to work.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

So...a dick then?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

This is not a polite request.

Get to work.

This will not be a polite response then.

Abstract is defined as: existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.

Intangible is defined as: not tangible; incapable of being perceived by the sense of touch, as incorporeal or immaterial things; impalpable.

You are asking me to photograph thought. Without the aid of some device that allows you to see inside my mind, I can only use the abstract reasoning of such and here you go

I used two candles for lighting, made sure to remove any brand name and, as i am want to do, over sharpened the hell out of it. The desaturation only seemed natural with dealing with an abstract concept of the mind. Let the viewer decide which colors are which.

The rest is simply what seemed natural.

May you be as stringent on the rest, as you are on me.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Nov 7, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

I'm not sure if this is exactly what I had in mind but it's kinda cool actually.

I laughed, so I guess that counts as success.

edit: flipping off the camera/me would have been good too.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

I'm not sure if this is exactly what I had in mind but it's kinda cool actually.

I laughed, so I guess that counts as success.

Thank you. Out of sheer curiosity, what did you have in mind?

SoundMonkey posted:

edit: flipping off the camera/me would have been good too.

:laffo:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Hail satan.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

Thank you. Out of sheer curiosity, what did you have in mind?

I don't know, that's why I asked you to do it :v:

I figured I'd know it when I saw it, and I don't think I saw it, but I saw SOMETHING that wasn't trash.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Casu Marzu posted:

Hail satan.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SoundMonkey posted:

I don't know, that's why I asked you to do it :v:

I figured I'd know it when I saw it, and I don't think I saw it, but I saw SOMETHING that wasn't trash.

:haw:

would it be too much to ask you place the same onus on Musket as you did on me? As it was my challenge to him that proceeded this.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VendaGoat posted:

would it be too much to ask you place the same onus on Musket as you did on me? As it was my challenge to him that proceeded this.

Was it? I didn't scroll up that far. I'll get back to you later.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

:jerkbag:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

:circlefap:

dunos
Feb 6, 2007

Inspecting the tube by dunos, on Flickr

30hz
Nov 3, 2014

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

VendaGoat posted:

What?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Post pics or shut up

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

VendaGoat posted:

Post pics or shut up

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3187780&userid=133557

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012

Your posting is truly the concept of Poop Land USA and Diners with Soy Sauce. I like how you've wholeheartedly embraced the spirit of this thread, even though the thread hasn't committed to any belief in itself. It is a thread full of doubt and insecurity, but Dogs with Flags as Scarves and Good Food will never doubt themselves.

VendaGoat posted:

Abstract is defined as: existing in thought or as an idea but not having a physical or concrete existence.

Intangible is defined as: not tangible; incapable of being perceived by the sense of touch, as incorporeal or immaterial things; impalpable.

You are asking me to photograph thought. Without the aid of some device that allows you to see inside my mind, I can only use the abstract reasoning of such and here you go

I used two candles for lighting, made sure to remove any brand name and, as i am want to do, over sharpened the hell out of it. The desaturation only seemed natural with dealing with an abstract concept of the mind. Let the viewer decide which colors are which.

The rest is simply what seemed natural.

I really like this. Looking at the surface image I like that you've tackled a subject that appears to be real, but firmly entrenched in widely held beliefs: evil. There are arguments over whether evil is nature or a human creation, but there is little doubt, amongst many, as to whether evil exists. So much so that it transcends belief and enters the steadiness of rationality. So on that rationale it fails in addressing both abstract concepts and intangibles. Evil is surely real. You've brought it back to the person though. That the right hand side doesn't mirror to the left, the light switch, brings this to a real person's bathroom and all the failings of a flawed individual. The realities of using your showering space as the same space to beget evil. The devil horns' shadows falling on the determinedly invocating person's head shows that their belief is becoming manifest. This may be an individual's belief made manifest, or a fearful representation of humanities' longing for reason and answers.

However, I firmly believe this is a person struggling with a challenge. They have hoped to raise something: a devil, or insight into themselves and their own determination and surety. I see them struggling, despite their calm appearance and for that reason I see this as a picture of a very real person. Whether we see evil as abstract, intangible, a concept, etc. ultimately this is a person's portrait, and I can't see a person as a representation of the abstract concept of intangibility. And I can't see a person as a representation of evil. No matter how much belief or debate their is in the evil of humanity, I can't judge a human as the abstract notion of evil, which goes to the core of this image and the core of the challenge.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

He means you should post whatever your elvish eyes see.

Don't post your dick.

Or mine.

Or anyone else's.

Or an animal's.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

SoundMonkey posted:

He means you should post whatever your elvish eyes see.

Don't post your dick.

Or mine.

Or anyone else's.

Or an animal's.

Why is noted autist Musket in a possession of a picture of your dick, pray tell?

Musket
Mar 19, 2008

VomitOnLino posted:

Why is noted autist Musket in a possession of a picture of your dick, pray tell?

I asked for one. Duh.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I just assume Musket is a founding member of some kind of ultra exclusive genital based social media site.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

8th-snype posted:

I just assume Musket is a founding member of some kind of ultra exclusive genital based social media site.

Please don't talk about Dickr on the forums.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

VomitOnLino posted:

Also I think you're confusing belligerence with autism here.

Musket
Mar 19, 2008
I drunk post a lot. Fernet about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Musket posted:

I drunk post a lot. Fernet about it.

Same, OP.