Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I mean Zordon already had the grid and poo poo established ages ago, before Rita was even sealed to begin with right? So why would that exist if he didn't have rangers back then too?

have they ever declared a ranger as being Zordon's old battle form or something because that could be cool. I haven't seen any of the recent series so sorry if that's a dumbass question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Pyroi posted:

So basically the rest of Super Megaforce condensed into about 2 minutes?

Seriously would it have taken that much effort to explain that there were more Power Rangers before the first team? That would have given them a better reason for using them than just saying that they were NEW POWERS!

Or hell, maybe a ten second summary of 'the Star Rangers from the planet of Kiaster', or whatever they could have done. Like, want to try something other than Earth powers? 'Hey, don't the X Rangers have X powers?' 'Right, let's try those!'. But nope, gotta be as generic as you can get.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's really bad when Sentai, who basically makes up a new crew every season with no attempt at connection other than a team-up movie, has more continuity than a series that's all about continuity.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

It's kind of amusing how well the Sentai continuity works, too, just by having people from different shows go "oh hey, it's been a while!" while their respective teams look on with confusion. Like the Boukenger/Gekiranger special ties them both into Abaranger by having the older non-Rangers know each other from the dino-curry shop.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT POWER RANGERS MYSTIC FORCE
There was two Magishine changes. The Megaranger episode, and Gai's first appearance. They used neither, and it pisses me off that in a show about legacies, if you like Lightspeed Rescue or most of the Extra Rangers, you're SOL.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Light Gun Man posted:

have they ever declared a ranger as being Zordon's old battle form or something because that could be cool. I haven't seen any of the recent series so sorry if that's a dumbass question.

There was an episode in one of the first MMPR seasons that showed Zordon fighting someone in the past, and the footage they used was of Barza (the mentor character from Zyuranger). That's the closest they've gotten I think.

Solaris Knight posted:

There was two Magishine changes. The Megaranger episode, and Gai's first appearance. They used neither, and it pisses me off that in a show about legacies, if you like Lightspeed Rescue or most of the Extra Rangers, you're SOL.

I want to say I'm surprised they didn't do a Lightspeed Rescue episode solely so they could have Orion turn into the Titanium Ranger, but I guess that would have cost money, so of course they didn't do it.

Also now I'm disappointed that given that there's only two episodes left, there's no way Ninjor is going to reappear.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Yo podcaster guys, I haven't really listened to the show but do you guys ever talk about the merchandise or does it tend to stay strictly to the show's content?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

Yo podcaster guys, I haven't really listened to the show but do you guys ever talk about the merchandise or does it tend to stay strictly to the show's content?

We talk about the toys pretty often actually, though usually when they come up in the show in the form of a new armor, weapon, or zord- you actually chose a REALLY good time to ask about this, because we're just about to geek out over the MegaVoyager, which Wade had as a child.

Once we get to the more random toy seasons, by that I mean the ones with toys that have nothing to do with the season itself, I'm sure we'll give those a shout out as well. If only for the novelty.

Wade would prefer it if you'd direct questions to the Facebook, Twitter, or email, but considering you haven't seen the show yet that's obviously fine. I will, I suppose, be handling the forum nonsense.

facebook.com/podcasterswithattitude

twitter.com/pwashow

Wade made me add these.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If an episode talking about merch would be welcome, I'd be totally on board for that.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Also now I'm disappointed that given that there's only two episodes left, there's no way Ninjor is going to reappear.

Which sucks because there's some cut footage where the Gokaigers change into the Zyurangers for him.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Burkion posted:

We talk about the toys pretty often actually, though usually when they come up in the show in the form of a new armor, weapon, or zord- you actually chose a REALLY good time to ask about this, because we're just about to geek out over the MegaVoyager, which Wade had as a child.

Once we get to the more random toy seasons, by that I mean the ones with toys that have nothing to do with the season itself, I'm sure we'll give those a shout out as well. If only for the novelty.

Wade would prefer it if you'd direct questions to the Facebook, Twitter, or email, but considering you haven't seen the show yet that's obviously fine. I will, I suppose, be handling the forum nonsense.

facebook.com/podcasterswithattitude

twitter.com/pwashow

Wade made me add these.

My favorite nerdy bugmen and dinosaur soldiers podcast is growing up :unsmith:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

jivjov posted:

If an episode talking about merch would be welcome, I'd be totally on board for that.

poo poo, sign me up. I love toy discussion. Especially when it comes to railing on the recent BoJ/BoA changes and the ZordBuilder (:barf: ) system.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I'm watching In Space, and I can't help but notice that Zhane explodes a lot. I'm up to four explosions in the first six episodes he's in.

SpazmasterX posted:

We talk about toys in this one. We made it just for you. Sort of.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u75TgaUtxBU

Not bad.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

The mouths not closing because the batteries cant go all the way in anymore makes me irrationally angry.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Liar Lyre posted:

We talk about toys in this one. We made it just for you. Sort of.

RE: Swapping the Astro Megazord head and Mega Voyager heads: Can't be done. Astro slides in, MV has clips. :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SpazmasterX posted:

RE: Swapping the Astro Megazord head and Mega Voyager heads: Can't be done. Astro slides in, MV has clips. :v:

One day, ONE day, I will be rich and go back and buy all of these things from my child hood that I never had.

Hope you enjoyed the episode- we had some TECHNICAL ISSUES (read, Wade) during that recording block. Kinda sad you can't swap the shuttles.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Cyan and Poo Gas confirmed for Dino Charge :allears:

http://news.tokunation.com/2014/11/19/power-rangers-dino-charge-morpher-sounds-revealed-three-dino-charge-rangers-confirmed-22586

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

"Packy Charger, Engage! Energize! Unleash The Power! Pachycephalosaurus Power Ranger Graphite!"

That'll be quite the mouthful for a low-paid actor.

Also given that the sounds are on the morpher I bet the Talon Ranger will get some sort of Green with Evil arc.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

SKY COQ posted:

"Packy Charger, Engage! Energize! Unleash The Power! Pachycephalosaurus Power Ranger Graphite!"

That'll be quite the mouthful for a low-paid actor.

Also given that the sounds are on the morpher I bet the Talon Ranger will get some sort of Green with Evil arc.

If they try to make an evil ranger that changes sides out of Deathryuger they would be terminally insane. They have like 4 fights worth of existing footage with the suit (one of which is from the start of 100 Years After and really doesn't fit with the rest because of it) so anything other than just an evil ranger will come down to new footage and they're cheap as hell nowadays.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Cernunnos posted:

If they try to make an evil ranger that changes sides out of Deathryuger they would be terminally insane. They have like 4 fights worth of existing footage with the suit (one of which is from the start of 100 Years After and really doesn't fit with the rest because of it) so anything other than just an evil ranger will come down to new footage and they're cheap as hell nowadays.

Honestly, I have no drat clue if they would, after seeing the last two seasons (or four because stupid Nick season rules). On the one hand, they were willing to bother with hiring a western actor to play out the rival for Samurai, but given his presence in the story (and the fact they were running the Shinkenger script through google translate), that was unavoidable. Whilst by contrast, when presented with the opportunity to say, stick to Gokaiger's formula of having past rangers show up to spout off old wisdom, they used SM's more open story to toss that out save for a scant few episodes.

I suppose if they wanted to somehow do it without spending too much on shooting fight footage for the suit, they could like, have him as more of a background villain, pulling strings outside of a morphed form. All we'd need to do is see him demorph once into whoever, have the dude carry around the prop just to remind kids, and bam, done.

Also, decided to (because I apparently don't hate myself enough) pick up where I left off, so I might be able to watch the finale in full context and know how drat short it came of what it could be. he's

And of course Vekar proves to be the best part of the episode (watching All Hail Prince Vekar). Seriously, I think in the space of the first five minutes he became more compelling than half the heroes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Idk, green ranger had a lot of original footage back in the day with that lovely shield. Wouldn't be too hard. I think they might try this year since this season is hard to gently caress up, they even have dinosaurs again for fucks sake.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Burkion posted:

One day, ONE day, I will be rich and go back and buy all of these things from my child hood that I never had.

Hope you enjoyed the episode- we had some TECHNICAL ISSUES (read, Wade) during that recording block. Kinda sad you can't swap the shuttles.

Just camp on ebay a couple times every day and eventually you find a steal or a compromise you can live with. My Astro Megazord cost me less than $40 and only has a broken knee clip (which is ultimately purely aesthetic when combined with the Delta Megazord anyways) and a missing sword. Eventually you can always pick up a better quality figure if you want and resell yours, or one for parts to pretty up the one you own. That's why I have 54 Megazords of American and Japanese origin and really haven't spent more then a couple thousand bucks in the past few years. Most expensive things I own are still probably all the GoBuster mechs because I had to buy those at retail and ship them from overseas.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

RBX posted:

Idk, green ranger had a lot of original footage back in the day with that lovely shield. Wouldn't be too hard. I think they might try this year since this season is hard to gently caress up, they even have dinosaurs again for fucks sake.

Also it was one of the things EVERYONE remembers about original power rangers. There's at least one zord fight that uses the Spin dino as well.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

All I care about is the best Extra Ranger that's not a doge has screentime :swoon:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Jason just bought something.

Really wish we were recording.

OK so he's trying to buy something.

He forgot to log in.

He's logging in now.

Trying to remember his password.

He might cry.

Also I have the best facial hair of the group

Wade doesn't know the difference between youtube and skype

Jason just came.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I just got a Kyoryu Red key. gently caress you. Got mine.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Solaris Knight posted:

All I care about is the best Extra Ranger that's not a doge has screentime :swoon:

...Ramirez?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Doctor Ulshade!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Despite a letdown of an ending, Kyoryuger is my personal pick for the perfect starter Sentai. It's toyetic as gently caress, but goddamn if the people involved aren't having a loving blast. It's funny, I love watching it. It's great. I loving love Kyoryuger.
Don't see why y'all would want to taint that by watching the soulless regurgitation that is post-return Saban.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Some of us signed a blood pact to review every single season of Power Rangers.

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

jivjov posted:

Some of us signed a blood pact to review every single season of Power Rangers.

To be fair, I signed that blood pact under complete consent because who else is going to talk about Mystic Force in any capacity. The red headed stepchild of both Sentai and PR?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~

Solaris Knight posted:

The red headed stepchild of both Sentai and PR?

I'm pretty sure that's still Jungle Fury. :v:

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

I'm pretty sure that's still Jungle Fury. :v:

But Jungle Fury still has fans that talk about it and write fanfics about it, especially after Samurai and Megaforce made people realize it wasn't bad.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Aw yeah, toy commercials from the 90's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkFjGpvbKW0

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
The commercial American release of Kyoryu Sentai Zyuranger is now up for preorder on Amazon with a release date of February 15th 2015

Power Rangers: Super Sentai Zyuranger: The Complete Series https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00P9UVC0I/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_C-KBub0CAA2CW

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
More bizarre and maddening original footage. In The Wrath, the Rangers do a full team change. In the original Gokaiger episode they transformed into the five teams that Basco had the Ultimate Powers of: Maskman, Fiveman, Changeman, Flashman, and Sun Vulcan.

In the Super Megaforce episode, Troy calls for them to use some "new powers." So we have "Blitz mode," "Prism mode," "Lightning mode," "Supersonic mode," and...original MMPR Red.

They shot completely new footage because Marvelous turned into Vul Eagle in the original episode, and Troy turned into the MMPR Red Ranger, but decided "gently caress it, let's leave all the other suits the same." They even shot a new fight scene for Troy/Levira.

There really just aren't any words for this. It's not even laziness! If it was they wouldn't have shot new footage!

Solaris Knight
Apr 26, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

More bizarre and maddening original footage. In The Wrath, the Rangers do a full team change. In the original Gokaiger episode they transformed into the five teams that Basco had the Ultimate Powers of: Maskman, Fiveman, Changeman, Flashman, and Sun Vulcan.

In the Super Megaforce episode, Troy calls for them to use some "new powers." So we have "Blitz mode," "Prism mode," "Lightning mode," "Supersonic mode," and...original MMPR Red.

They shot completely new footage because Marvelous turned into Vul Eagle in the original episode, and Troy turned into the MMPR Red Ranger, but decided "gently caress it, let's leave all the other suits the same." They even shot a new fight scene for Troy/Levira.

There really just aren't any words for this. It's not even laziness! If it was they wouldn't have shot new footage!

This show has such a weird detail thing I'd swear whoever the chief editor is is autistic, there's so much small details put in, but so much of the big picture is neglected.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

~fartz~
So, I can't help but notice no one has commented on the SMF finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

SpazmasterX posted:

So, I can't help but notice no one has commented on the SMF finale.

Apparently there's meant to be an extended version being put together or something on Nicktoons?