Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

looks great

uhh, oh my phone will post content later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

canoshiz posted:

Speaking of Asian In-n-Out clones, here's Cry Cheeseburger in Korea:

get inside me

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

a large trout posted:

sometimes when life gets you down all you need is a good burg to show you things will be alright

Hella word. Although tonight I'm just going for a simple McDonald's, because that's just about what my poor student rear end can afford right now.

McDonald's in Hong Kong isn't very different from its US counterpart, except that you can get it delivered and they have a few unique choices for Lunar New Year, such as Prosperity Beef Burger, Prosperity Chicken Burger... It's still just fast food, though.

It's good for a student on a budget, and as I am now the owner of 20 bottles of different hot sauces, thanks to a generous Secret Santa, it makes a good test platform for comparisons.

Here's a lovely pic of a McDonald's burger with some green hot sauce:

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

tell me about this prosperity burger

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

a large trout posted:

tell me about this prosperity burger

Prosperity Burger: A beef patty with a fairly strong black pepper sauce, covered in chopped onions. It's messy, because the sauce is thick, but it's tasty.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

canoshiz posted:

drat clone is right. Down to the packaging. loving would.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I have to say i didnt know asians could burg so well until now. poo poo looks great

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I love how Korea gives no shits about copyright. I used to frequent the "Kenny G Bar" that was in no way affiliated with the God of Sax. But had his pictures and poo poo everywhere.

The perm place called Pama, that had a puma logo with a perm.

Ripoffs of everything on the planet.

gently caress I miss Asia.

Korean McDonald's was legit. Lotteria and Burger King sucked. That was really it for eating burgs out when I was there. I did find a dude selling wagu beef when I was there for super cheep, and I made burgs with that sometimes.

Highly recommend waking and baking you guys.

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

canoshiz posted:

My brain tells me that's too many vegetables, but for some reason my stomach doesn't care. poo poo looks really good.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I think a light mashing would make it look just fine

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I've actually been on a huge sandwich with a ton of veggies kick lately. For lunch at work ive had subs consisting entirely of lettuce/tomato/pepper/onion/cucumber/hot peppers and oil/vin w salt and pepper.

Basically a salad in a wheat roll, except it has enough calories to qualify as a meal.

Thats my story.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Fetus Tree posted:

I've actually been on a huge sandwich with a ton of veggies kick lately. For lunch at work ive had subs consisting entirely of lettuce/tomato/pepper/onion/cucumber/hot peppers and oil/vin w salt and pepper.

Basically a salad in a wheat roll, except it has enough calories to qualify as a meal.

Thats my story.

I do something similar but if I'm not putting meat in it I go with a wrap and a very light amount of dressing. Also usually a bit of shredded cheese. I live where I work so it's a great refreshing lunch after I walk back to my apartment that's quick enough to leave most of my lunch hour for napping or watching some TV. I have also burg'd during lunch but only if I got lazy and bought pre-made patties or already mixed up the meat and stuff to smush my own patties together. I've got no roomates so when I cook burgs I usually just use it patty by patty from a sealed tupperware container over about two days. Electric griddles are the poo poo when you can't have a grill.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
I'm thinking of switching to a wrap but idk if it would be as filling. One thing im noticing is that by the time i get to the office with my sandwich, the oil/vin can wreck the bread.

There is an easy protip around this for both takeout and deliv, tho. Oil/vinegar are always to be on the side. I just started going to the subway near me when i decided i wanted only veggies in a sub because for $5 its going to be 3 dollars cheaper than anything else local for the same.

But i dont think they have rammekans to put that poo poo in. I should ask next time i go.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

canoshiz posted:

This is impressive.

Gimme dis.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

so Thursday is my day to make dinner and I've been scheming on how to make a new burg

stick with me

what do you think about say a half pound patty on a toasted bun with a dollop of beanless chilli over it with a hearty slice of mozzarella on top?

maybe a even a spoonful of guac with it?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
That sounds good. Guacamole would be a good contrast with the chili.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

a large trout posted:

so Thursday is my day to make dinner and I've been scheming on how to make a new burg

stick with me

what do you think about say a half pound patty on a toasted bun with a dollop of beanless chilli over it with a hearty slice of mozzarella on top?

maybe a even a spoonful of guac with it?

I dont think the taste would be bad necessarily but i think from a texture standpoint it would be kinda strange.

Also, the chili and guac are likely to be two muted flavors unless you go really far out of your way. In which case, you should enjoy the chili on its own merit probably.

I don't think the mozzarella works here either. In a way you kind of made some sort of 'south western burg' but the way i read it its all too muted.

I might consider putting some cumin in the meat and using some mexi blend or asadero cheese and going for almost a burger taco type deal. Youll need some dominant flavors to combat the subdued nature of avacado and how i envision the chili

:shrug: youre on the right track to a new burger anyway, the idea has some drat good potential imo

E; this could even possibly be solved with some onions grilled in cumin and like..5% cilantro taste for just the occasional taste of it to bite out at you

I dunno, im just spit ballin but now i really want to design a decent mexiburg

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 12, 2015

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I've never really been a cheese expert so any advice is appreciated

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I really like the idea of maybe mixing in some taco seasonings with the meat

good call there

so maybe nix the chilli and just go all out taco style with guacamole, maybe even a light addition of salsa and a nice blended cheese

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
This idea is related though separate from trouts situation, i just imagined a bit of chili relleno on top of a burg :stare:

E: if it was my burg instead of salsa i would grab some tomato and onion and soak them in vinegar for a day with some salt and pepper.

Still apply a small amount of cilantro/coriander AFTER youve removed the onion/tomato.

Keep the extra onion and tomato in the vinegar an extra day and serve as a side salad to a steak

And welcome to Argentina

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Mar 12, 2015

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
put a chili relleno between two patties

id eat that

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

I made an amazing portabella burger years ago

maybe I should look into that again

gently caress me if I can't remember what else I put on it thouh

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

a large trout posted:

gently caress me if I can't remember what else I put on it thouh

the worst

If google glass ever can count exactly what i do for each recipe, ill own it for this reason

And also likely be shamed, for the same reason

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the classic is mushroom & swiss. like, get a good piece of jalsberg or emmentaler

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

would the newly founded mustardshire sauce maybe come into play here?

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

i just want to say that mayo is the worst and shouldn't be put on anything ever

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

your wrong

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

maybe some home made mayo in really small amounts isn't bad but loving slathering it all over your burger is a great way to ruin a perfectly good food product

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k

Locker Room Zubaz posted:

You're totally allowed to feel that way, but not everyone agrees.

Everyone should love the burger they have, and have the burger they love.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

every thing in its right place and a right place for every thing

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Use mayo responsibly, please.

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
The Wu Tang burger from earlier uses Kewpie Mayo, whihc is a japanese style. It's, like, less thick, and has a different flavor.

I'm usually not a big mayo fan, but that's a good burger, so I guess the proof's in the pudding/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

If you aren't using Japanese mayo, you're loving up.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm burgin' so loving bad right now fellas

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns posted:

If you aren't using Japanese mayo, you're loving up.

Best Foods is the one true mayo. All others are mere shadows.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Ron Jeremy posted:

I respect your opinion.

Japanese mayo is superior on every level but price and availability.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Norns posted:

I respect your opinion.

Japanese mayo is superior on every level but price and availability.

yeah this

I am also craving a burger but my only option atm is a muffin from maccas so I reckon I will just get a rare roast beef sandwich the size of my head in 2hrs

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Ron Jeremy posted:

Its called Hellmanns on the east coast!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Norns posted:

I love how Korea gives no shits about copyright. I used to frequent the "Kenny G Bar" that was in no way affiliated with the God of Sax. But had his pictures and poo poo everywhere.

The perm place called Pama, that had a puma logo with a perm.

Ripoffs of everything on the planet.

gently caress I miss Asia.

Korean McDonald's was legit. Lotteria and Burger King sucked. That was really it for eating burgs out when I was there. I did find a dude selling wagu beef when I was there for super cheep, and I made burgs with that sometimes.

Highly recommend waking and baking you guys.

I've definitely been to several unaffiliated bars all named Woodstock in Korea, all with various flavors of classic rock decor.

I like Lotteria, but not for their actual beef burgers. Their shrimp burgers owned. MOS Burger (Japanese chain) also made a good shrimp burger, but their regular beef(? maybe pork) burgers had this weird blended meat texture. Not really sure how to describe it but it was eerily soft.

• Locked thread