Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Gabby: Abby just smiles kindly through your words. (Abby gains a string on you.) She even nods in understanding but doesn’t budge on her request.

Tori: Abby's eyes widen, "A vampire! My god are you safe? Can you control yourself? No... no you know what. Of course you can. I'm sorry. You confided in me and so I'll help you. I'd have helped you regardless. Now they're gonna be expecting us to rush right in to save her but I believe beating down the door is not the right course of action. We should try to sneak in and let her loose. Tonight or tomorrow night. The sooner the better before more vampires get involved."

Amanda: "Mmhmm, I see." Matthew says and spends awhile writing down what you said into the notebook he carries. "Are you sure that's all you know?" He asks directly as he finishes writing, giving you a piercing look. (Matthew gains a string on you.)

Delilah: Becks fumes at you until her phone goes off, she checks the text and glares. (Becks gains a string on you.) "Get out of my sight!" She roars as Melody knocks on the door. "I don’t want to hear any more trouble out of you or I will write you up. Now leave this instant!" She'll slam the door behind you, cursing.

Sam: You see a court room, Melody's parents look stressed. Three antagonistic Winter fae sit smugly on the prosecuting side. An Autumn fae is the judge. This is about Melody's parents arrangement with Donovan's family. They're still dealing with the backlash from the failed deal. It's very harrowing for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Hot -1 | Cold +3 | Volatile +3 | Dark -1
XP: 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Melody's Knight, One of Them, Yours Truly

The sound of the door slamming behind me is just a brief on my mental radar, and for better or worse, it's easy to ignore it, with Melody so close and so beautiful. No doubt I'll torture myself with what happened with Rebbecca and Joanne later. But not now. Right now I want to enjoy this, the sight of Melody enjoying my attention and promising...well, a very enjoyable evening. And night. Funny enough, even though it sure as hell does nothing about me being horny as gently caress, I am able to tear myself away from her, by which I mean I'm left only stroking her hair. "Sounds good. Very good." I grin, cock my head, lower my voice. "Maybe you'll dress up for me then?"

I pull away and briefly take on my pseudo-military, Knight-Captain posture - hands behind my back, eyes ahead - before relaxing again with a grin. "Couple of things. Before you go."

I start counting on my hand. One. "Was planning to stay here. See what Abigale's mentor knows. Figure out all this poo poo that's going on, best I can." I slowly stalk behind her, then suddenly move in and whisper into her ear. "You know I like to keep on top of things."

I move back in front of her. Two. My voice is more serious. "When I'm not there, during campaigning. Try to stick to your crowd. And give Rebecca , Lindsey and Thomas my number. Call me when asskicking is required." And you're locked up by the apparent thousand of supernatural assholes gunning for you, again. I smile, stroke her cheek. "Just want to know you're safe."

Three. My voice more playful again. "Speaking of dressing up. Want to pick out an outfit for me to wear later? I mean..." I shrug, grin and then hold her chin. "...you know what I like." That I mean more than my fashion preferences should be obvious. "So, no high heels. Just an idea."

Four. "heading to Samantha now. Figure out this..." I throw up my hand just the tiniest bit. "...whole thing." I realize she might think I'm talking about snakemen, demons, poo poo I can beat up with my fists. If only. I put my hand on my heart to show her that's not what I mean. "Later, we can talk about what you can do." I lightly stroke her temple - not like I'm going to say 'your mind reading abilities' in public. "But I'm not angry. We just need to talk about it."

"Right." I brush off some imaginary dust off my hips. "Kick their rear end." And with that, I turn around, walking towards Samantha's room, putting just enough sway in my walk to accentuate my rear end - even though me and Melody will meet again soon, no reason not to give her something to remember me by.

I fetch some ice before arriving at Samantha's door. I knock, give it a few seconds and open the door. When I enter the room, I frown. Can't see her. Didn't she say she was in her room? Ah, right, her... magical ice fortress closet. Yeah, no, not really feeling up to the cold of it - especially with what I now realize I am planning. Which involves me slowly, silently, taking off all my clothes and locking Samantha's door behind me. "Samantha. I'm here." My conscious mind catches up to what I have already decided on my way here - I don't want to fight, don't even want to risk fighting with Samantha - at least not without first having her. To make me feel complete. To reaffirm, well, us. "Can you come out? Cold in there." I stash my clothes out of sight, by now completely naked - I suppress the memory of what happened not too long ago in this very room, with me also waiting outside the closet, buck naked. "Had time to think. Came up with platitudes." I move behind the closet door, so she won't see me right away when she comes out - and I can grab her,throw her over my shoulder and then, onto her bed. "I'm a complicated girl. And I'm a simple girl." Something seductive, deeper sneaks into my voice. "Come out and I'll show you."

<nil_> Delilah Turn On Sam
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 11+3 = 14
+1 from pursuing a hunger for a result of 15.
No mechanical effect.

And like that, I wait - and I have to remind myself that this thrill I am feeling is just... a game. And nothing else. Because I am not loving losing control again, not so soon, not around Samantha. Breathe in. Focus. Focus on my hands around her back, her lips on mine, my tongue wrestling hers down. Right.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Hot: 2 Cold: 0 Volatile - 1 Dark: 1
XP: 2/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Prey Animal, Lucky, Drained, Liar
Currently dressed as: No one Location: Dorms

He clearly wasn't believing me. "Look I'm telling you the truth. I've had a bad day and being trapped in a burning building didn't exactly make things better. So if you want to arrest me just get it over with." I snapped. In hindsight losing my temper was probably not a good idea but I was too tired to care by that point. "I've told you everything I know and even the things I only suspect if that's not good enough for you then I don't know what is." Yeah i'd left things out but I could just see his reaction if I told him that a demon from hell who is possessing my exe's fiancée was the one responsible. He'd be dragging me off to a padded cell before I could finish that sentence.

[22:25] Ferrosol shut down Fire Marshall
[22:25] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[22:25] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 5 = 5

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Hot -1 | Cold +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark +2
Harm 2/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: One of Them

I look at the reflective surface of crystal for a little while after the vision ends. Unfortunately, I couldn’t tell if they were going to come out of this good or not. Still, I knew what was going on now. So I walk slowly back towards the closet door while I text Melody.

@Melody posted:

your parents are in some kind of fae court thing
about the broken agreement between you+don I think
not sure if they could use your help or not
sorry

I look up when the last one is sent, hearing Delilah asking me to come out. When did she get here? Crap, was too caught up in my texting. “Coming! Sorry, didn’t hear you come in!” I hurry to the door, slipping my phone into my pocket and step out into the room, smiling at little at the tone of her voice.

I have enough time to glance around the room and start to wonder where she is when I feel her hands on me, and for a moment, a second, I stiffen, remember our last contact. But then her lips are against mine, and stiffness melts, I kiss her back. She’s naked, I realize after my hands have started to crawl across her back, one going down and the other up to sink into her hair, and the intensity of my kiss goes up a bit.

Eventually I start to withdraw from the kiss, biting her lower lip gently and rolling it between my teeth as I stretch a bit, then release it to smile at her. “Delilah…” I give her another kiss, shorter this time, “I’m sorry. I…” I shake my head, “that wasn’t what I meant to do.” My hands haven’t stopped their movement though, and I don’t think hers have either. Maybe this isn’t the time for this talk. “If we’re going to…” My body is pressing itself up against hers without me trying to, and I tip my head towards the bed, “can I get the ice first? It’ll probably be melted before we’re done.”

GodFish fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 6, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 2/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Melody's Knight, One of Them, Yours Truly

As I wrap my arms around Samantha, I can feel her stiffen - and I do not feel what I should be feeling, concern about why my touch makes her feel this way. Instead I feel... excited, want to push this further, but then finally, I realize what I'm doing, what I have been doing. What the gently caress? What was I thinking? Hide so I could loving jump Samantha, after what goddamn happened between us? And the hosed up thing is that I only realized... the implications at the very end, I didn't even notice while I was doing it. And the thing that told me something wasn't right was me suddenly feeling good, unconditionally, without thought. Which is... hosed up, but yeah, that's how it is, the thing I always have to watch out for.

I have pulled back in shock, but now Samantha has turned around - and I push my thoughts away. Remember what I came here for, other than the obvious. I don't want to fight. At least not right away. And I sure as hell don't want to make her feel miserable again, or even worse, make her feel... threatened. I push back against it by throwing my arms around her and putting all my energy into a kiss on her lips, a kiss of mindless desire. Her hands travel over my body, one of them arriving in my hair - for a moment, I only think about my hair not being as easy to grip as hers or Melody's - the other making its way down my back. My hands, for their part, snake their way under her shirt, gripping her lower back, grasping for the edge of her panties, pulling on them.

She pulls away a little and - what does she mean? She's sorry and it wasn't what she meant to do? What did she think I wanted to happen, showing up naked in her room and putting my hands all over - oh. Oh. The grin on my face vanishes. Of course. Her and Melody, in the closet - and me outside. "Samantha. Don't want to talk about that right now." And then she moves back close to me, rubbing herself against me - and I'm trying to will her hands to plant themselves on my rear end - and just like that, the grin is back on my face. The ice. Yes. Of course. I get a sudden impulse - Samantha can probably see it in my eyes just before I sweep her off her feet and pull her into a, what, princess carry, holding her below me, in my arms. For a moment, I just grin down at her - this feels right, the two of us like this.

"Oh, Samantha. Not going to be the only thing that's going to have melted." Belatedly, I notice one lovely thing about how I'm holding her - can't really caress her without letting her drop onto the floor. So I quickly carry her over to her bed, and gently lay her down - even though Melody is the actual princess, right now I'm here with Samantha. I indulge my impulses for just a moment, pulling up her skirt, brushing up the inside of her thighs, all while standing over her. Just before my hands arrive at their natural destination, I slowly pull back, smile at her and fetch the ice I had grabbed earlier.

"Now." I take a hold of one of her ankles and hold up her leg so it's stretched straight, the muscles in it flexed. I start to run the bag of ice slowly down her leg while with my other hand, I gently push down her upper body. "Where does it hurt. I know you're hot all over so...difficult." The bag of ice slides further down her leg. "Hm?" I grin at her, teasingly, hold the bag where it is for a few more seconds before finally stopping and bending down to her and giving her a gentle kiss. I put the bag of ice where I knew it was supposed to be, the bandaged side of her head, and then I simply... shut up. Kneel down in front of her bed, wrap my hands around her legs, pull her towards me.

And this is all I want to think of right now. Nothing else. This is what I need, crave, must have.

Fade to black?

nil. fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Feb 10, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

I let out a noise somewhere between a yelp and a laugh as Delilah scoops me up into her arms, and grin up at her, hands moving to explore wherever they can reach from here. Not that I have any complaints about my time with Melody, but the difference between her and Delilah can be striking, and I certainly will never complain about being pampered a bit. The trip ends shortly, as the bed was about four feet away at the furthest you could get in the room, but my hands leave her reluctantly as she moves around and gets the ice.

I jump when she brings it to the entirely wrong place, and let out another small yelp, "aahhh- Delilah!" I try to make my voice sound authoritative and stern, but it really isn't working. Instead I just squirm around a bit, halfheartedly trying to shift my legs away from the ice, letting her have her fun - and me mine - until she kisses me again and puts it on my head. With a flick of my mind, I wrap the bandages back around, keeping the icepack where it belongs before Delilah can distract me further. Then as she pulls me in, I spread my legs to wrap them around her as well, keeping her where she belongs.

Fading

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 Cold: +2 Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
XP: 1/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Self-Centered, Selfish
Location:Outside Beck's room -> Towards the SUNY Volleyball Stadium

Becks is too crushed by my threat to utter any sort of retort, which makes sense. I'm a bit surprised that Delilah's not coming with me to my first ever campaign event though - her or Sam, now that I think about it. I want them to, so it's something they should want to do, right? If it wasn't for how stupidly serious everyone but me was taking this idiotic snakeman threat, I'd be annoyed that they're dealing with it instead of hanging out and campaigning with me. As it is, guess I'll let them deal with a few morons with fangs and skin conditions while I get the groundwork for my crushing victory over Kinsey completed. Also, need to think of an outfit for Delilah...

Besides - as I stride towards the Stadium in all my glory, surely turning heads and setting hearts aflutter no matter how many times those on campus have seen me - I have some texts to write, and soon, especially based on what Sam sent me. I didn't break any agreements, Donovan did. You can't try and murder your fiance and have it still count after all! That'd be INSANE, even by the standards of the other courts.

txt to Sam posted:

Thanks, knew I could count on you.

txt to Donovan posted:

Leave my family alone you absolutely ridiculous rear end in a top hat. Pretty sure trying to steal my soul, invade my family's castle, and bribing my ex to abduct me rescinds any betrothal. Kill yourself.
<Rauri> Shut Down Mammonovan via text
<Rauri> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 5+2 = 7
Mammonovan gets the condition Ridiculous rear end in a top hat, Melody takes one in exchange.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Melody's Knight, One of Them, Yours Truly

Sex Move: Mark XP.
Satiety via hunger for sex with Samantha: Mark XP.

No idea how long we've been laying here - not that I actually would have needed to stop - but somehow me and Samantha have once again ended up with me sitting up and her with her arms draped around me, her head resting against my abs, my hand in her hair. Yeah, yeah, stereotypical 'who is on top' poo poo, whatever that means for what we are to each other, but I can't bring myself to care - or even think it should be something to care about. I feel good, at peace for the moment - satisfied and whole, even though I know it won't last. poo poo, did I just think 'but then, what does?'. Christ.

I don't want to deal with what my brain comes up with right now, there'll be time enough for that. Instead, I want to feel the smoothness and strength of Samantha's hair between my finger, feel her living breath on my skin, see the shimmer of her sweat on her skin - hmm, yeah. See and know how I made her feel, how I made her mine with my... drive, my endless loving energy. Maybe it's because it's the one thing where I can really indulge in this pumping, unstoppable thing that's always there, let loose without asking myself poo poo like whether that's really me, whether it was worth it, whether I can live with myself. I brush my thumb over Samantha's lips, smooth over her eyebrows, make myself not think for a little while longer.

But I know it can't last - and I also know that now is the best time to actually talk to her, when I don't have something else that is me and maybe not me yelling at me at the back of my head. "Samantha. I am sorry for what I did to you." It feels inadequate and I bend down and kiss the top of her head. "So sorry. You should be able to feel safe with me. Protected." I wrap my free arm around her, hold her tight. "I know you can take care of yourself. But it's not that. You shouldn't have to, not with someone that should... make you strong. Not force you to have to be strong." I sigh, look at the wall instead of Samantha, relying on my skin touching her to know how she feels instead of my eyes. "I thought I had it under control. But I didn't. Think it will always be with me, this... thing."

I flex my muscles, like I'm warming up before a fight. "But. None of that is constructive. So. If it's going to happen, I can try to make sure it happens to people that deserve it." As much as someone can 'deserve' that. No, that's not right. I know some people deserve poo poo like that, but I also know that thinking like that may just be the first step on a path to something darker, of self-justification and violence and righteous, brutal, unforgiving judgement. "People in the wider sense. Snake people. For instance. Abigale needs our help. My help." I don't mention that the help she needs extends beyond just physical help , how I could feel what she put herself through, psychologically, back at the gym. "'Get it out of my system'. That loving phrase. But..." I nuzzle the top of her head, push away some strands of hair with my nose. "... I can't do nothing. Can't let myself hurt you again without at least trying something."

And yeah, that's not all that is on my mind - of course there's what happened in Melody's room, her and Samantha in the closet and me outside. Of course that is pushing and struggling and screaming at the back of my mind. But I'll give Samantha a chance to say it on her terms. She deserves to.

nil. fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Feb 10, 2016

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I’m content to just lay there with Delilah until she starts to talk again. Really, I feel like these conversations would be better to have before we have sex, not after. “No, its…” I’m not going to say its okay. “I understand Del.” I let out a small sigh, reaching up to mess her hair up a bit more with my hand. “And I’m sorry, about the closet. It was… Cruel. I didn’t mean it to be, but… It was anyway.” There isn’t really any more I can say about that.

“I’m getting close to curing Lenora, I can feel it. And once I’ve figured that out, it should be easy to bring you back, without your… hungers.” But since that’s been brought up. There’s something about that I need to address. I let out another sigh, and look up at her, a serious look on my face. “Delilah. I need to know. How do you feel about me? I mean really feel - not your… urges. I mean… You remember how this started? We both wanted Melody. So we agreed to share. I can’t forget that… If you didn’t have this need for me pulling you on, would you still want to be with me? Would you still care about me as much as you care about Melody?” By the end, my poker face is long gone, and I look rather miserable. "...sorry."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I can see the happiness and contentment vanish from Samantha's face, and part of me is cursing myself for what I did. Thing is, I knew what I was doing. "I'm sorry, Samantha. I know I'm spoiling the mood. Again. But, we have to talk about this." I have to smile at her ruffling my hair - it's such a simple thing - but it makes me feel relieved, maybe because I like to think she wouldn't do that if she was still pissed at me. But I should shut up, let her talk. She's telling me about her trying to bring back Lenora and then, me - and if I'm honest, I'm not sure if that's ever going to happen. Or maybe just not before it all comes crashing down and Samantha won't want to help me anymore.

I can feel that thought driving a dagger into my heart - but I look down at her, and it vanishes, steps into the background. If Samantha thinks she can do it, the least I can do is give her a chance. No, not just that. Give her a chance and trust her that she can do it. Something else is going through her mind, I can see it. When she says it, when she asks her question - I just look at her for a few seconds, not saying anything. I'm not shocked, not surprised because, yeah, that question has been on my mind a few times already. What am I supposed to say? Really, only one thing I can tell her - the truth, if I can manage to loving articulate it. I breathe in, breathe out, sigh.

"Oh, Samantha..." I bend down, kiss her on the forehead, hold her tighter against me. I fix my eyes on hers, calm myself, prepare to finally tell her at least a bit of all this poo poo that is always going through my mind. And even though I know I spoiled the post-coital mood, I also know that if I was lusting after her, I wouldn't feel this... well, zen or whatever. Right. "I could leave it at what I already told you. That I love you. But people say that. And it would put the blame on you, for not just taking me at my word. And I don't want to do that."

I stroke her back and I try not to think about too hard about the fact that me being above her, looking down at her, her draped around me... helps me be able to just tell her what is on my mind. Makes it feel like we're not fighting. Some control / power bullshit I don't want to think about. "Alright. I will be honest with you. But what I said is true. That I love you." Another deep breath - I can feel that I'm about to talk a whole lot more than usual, and in a way I can anticipate a release, finally actually sharing this poo poo with someone.

"I have been thinking about that. Suppose I think a lot. So." For the moment, I stare at the ceiling, gently, rhythmically stroke her back. "What do I think, no, feel about you. Without my urges. And there's the first problem. Who am I, without my urges? I'm not sure. Would I be that girl I was, before I... died in a New York alley? I don't think so. Who would I be, if you cut this... thing out of me? Someone. But I can't be sure I am seeing her clearly. Not from where I am standing. So." I look back down at her. "The question is, what do I feel about you apart from wanting to have sex with you?"

I smile a sad smile at her, run a thumb over her lips, gently, lightly. "You have that nagging question at the back of your head. If that is all you are to me. You're not. Not since you... cared for me after what happened at the pool. Fought for me. Were there for me. Talked to me. Listened to me. That's how I started to think about you back then." I try to read her eyes, see what she is thinking - but I have to continue talking now that I started. "You know, it's funny. Melody would have more reason to think I only want her for sex."

"Now." Breathe in. "Would we be together if I didn't have my hunger? My urge? If I was... who I was before?" I look deep into her eyes. "No. But I wouldn't be with Melody either. poo poo, Samantha. I'm not even sure that girl would have thought about getting involved with either of you. Certainly not with both of you." I pinch the bridge of my nose, close my eyes. "Samantha. Haven't told this to anyone. Don't think anyone asked. But before I... changed I had-" I have to pause for a few moments, then shrug. "I had a boyfriend. And now? I don't even want to think about the implications. How what I got turned into gets mixed with... who I want. Like some loving Hollywood 'Evil Bisexual' trope. Which is hosed up."

I stare at the wall, shake my head. "So yeah. Small sample of what's going through my head. About all the time. But." I look at her, pull her closer towards me - wrap my arms around her like I'm about to carry her again. "This isn't about me. This is about you. What you're feeling. What you're asking yourself. So. What does all that poo poo mean? It mans this: I can't tell you with certainty how things would be if I was different. Because that thing I am, sometimes it feels like it is all I am. But things are as they are. I am who I am. And I love you. This thing we have, it makes me... more at peace than I have been in a long time. And that's not something I thought I would have."

My smile turns slightly tired. "So. I think this is the part where I ask what you think of me." Ah, gently caress being mopey all the time - I take a tighter hold of Samantha, squeeze the bits of her sides that are softer. Which is harder to do than for Melody. "Feel free to objectify me. At least a little bit."

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.
Amanda: Matthew frowns and gives you his card. "I'm glad you're safe from that fire. If you think of anything else give me a call." He then stands and leaves. "I'll be in touch." He says (Matthew gains another string on you.) You hear dark chuckling in your head. But you're free to go. There's a volleyball match going on at school or you could go elsewhere. What do you do?

Sam, Delilah and Lenora: You get a text from Abby. "My mentor is here let's get going!" Looks like it's time for research.

Melody: You arrive at the big game where the Owls are facing off against the Gators. It's fiercely competitive but that doesn’t stop several people from snapping pictures of you as you take your seat. Kinsey is up and shmoozing with a group of co-eds when all of a sudden, during a break, the Owls cheerleading squad performs some daring maneuvers to a cheering home crowd. At the end of their routine they all shout "Vote for Kinsey!" And shake their pom poms as they jump around. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

I don’t say anything to Delilah, don’t want to interrupt her. I just let her talk until she’s said everything on her mind. There’s a lot of heavy stuff there. It takes be a little while after she’s stopped before I say anything either, a lot to think about. Lot of meaning of life issues sprout up when you can come back from the dead. Bit too much even for me to really wrap my head around, I can’t answer any of her hypothetical questions.

In the end though, I believe what she says. It sounds like the truth. My smile comes back, and I move my hand down to her back, using it to lift myself up far enough to give her a kiss on the bottom of her chin. "thank you." I... can't think what else to say, but hopefully the look in my eyes is enough to communicate what I’m feeling.

She asks me how I feel about her, and I grin a little. “I love you too Del, you know.” My hand slides down her back slowly. “You know, I was into guys at first, or I thought I was. Still thought so after Melody. After you joined in… well, I haven’t looked at a guy like that since. If I’m objectifying you..” My hand reaches her butt, giving it a pinch. “Melody might be the most beautiful out of the three of us. But you’re…” I consider the word I’m looking for for a moment, squeezing where I’d just pinched and eventually settle on, “hotter. I think I told you. You really know how to turn me on, get me boiling. Drive everything out of my head but you.” I’d have gone on, but at this point both of our cell phones go off, mine with the tune I’d set for Abby.

“Unfortunately for you,” I remove my hand, bringing it up to stroke across the underside of her chin lightly, “I’ve had enough time to cool down since then that I can still realize that message we both got is probably saying Abby’s mentor is here.” I sit up slowly, and keeping my finger under her chin a moment longer, I lean in to kiss her again on the lips, pulling the finger away as my lips leave hers, and they whisper “I love you Del.”

Then I step away to dress, checking my message to be sure. Yup. A message is typed one handed while I dress myself.

@Abby posted:

meet you at the front doors in two minutes

Turning back to Delilah, “are you ready to see what we can find about bringing you and Lenora back then?”

GodFish fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Feb 15, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Samantha doesn't say anything for quite a bit after I'm done - but poo poo, it's quite a bit to take in, I imagine. Only ever been this... outspoken when it was me and Melody and Samantha and our relationship issues. Finally, she looks up to me and gives my chin a kiss and say 'thank you' - and that voice, that look, it tells me she understands. And it makes me feel relieved - though somewhere at the back of my mind, I know, that if she hadn't accepted it, said something like it not being good enough, I would have reacted poorly. There's vague impressions, of me feeling like I always have to apologize, me in front of Melody's closet, of finding out what Samantha uses for her magic and what it means - but I brush it away. And it's easy. I don't want to feel like this, and I don't want Samantha to feel like this. Now that I have told her how I feel, she wouldn't pull like poo poo again, right?

And then she answers my question, and the atmosphere changes and I don't even remember having to think of anything other than this. She tells me she used to be into guys, maybe, but since she's been together with me, not so much anymore. Part of my mind is telling me that that's potentially problematic or not that simple whatever, but that's not the part that is making me grin maniacally, take exaggerated sharp breaths or arch my back. That part of my mind thinks that is really, really loving hot. Hmm, she goes for my rear end, just like I wanted her to when I was talking about objectifying me and then there's that thing about Samantha thinking I'm hotter than Melody, or, well, I make her hotter. And yeah, I moan, and its only half faked - I don't know what it says about me, if it's me having a confidence issue or having too much confidence, but it's loving perfect. "Samantha..." I hold her tighter, don't stop my quickened breath, instead making it brush onto her cheek. "Trust me. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. That's exactly how I want you to feel."

I can feel my inner monitor trying to stop myself from saying the next thing, but I don't want to stop, I want to say exactly what's on my mind. My grin is somewhere between ecstatic and deranged, if there's a difference between the two. "I want to gently caress you mindless." I close in on her, my voice getting raspier. "I want to gently caress you until you're nothing but desire. For me." I run a thumb over her lips, rougher than before, more possessive. "Until the only words on your lips are my name and 'more'." My breathing is heavier - even though if I was thinking clearly, I would realize I do not need to breathe like that - pushing her up and down. I'm staring at her, unblinking and-

I blink. The realization that my phone rung pulls me out of... whatever I was in.gently caress. That was... a little too intense. Too intense loving again. I have to get a hold of myself. "Uh. Yeah. Right. Abigale's mentor." She sits up and gives me a kiss and whispers to me that she loves me and yeah, it calms me down, at least enough to smile somewhat sheepishly again. I can't see it in her eyes, whether that turned her on or scared her - and gently caress my brain for somehow wanting both of those at the same time. gently caress, no, that is not what I want. What I want is for us to have a normal relationship, or, well, as normal as it can get between the two of us. And with significantly more high energy sex than average too. I brush over her back as she stands up, watch her dress - oh, poo poo, right, I should get dressed too.

I collect my clothing, neatly stacked, and check the text I got. Right. Abigale.

To Abigale posted:

There right away. We'll get this figured out. Any idea whether there'll be any asskicking tonight? I'm ready.
Hm.

To Abigale posted:

Other thing. How are you feeling? Lot on your shoulders.
Ah, gently caress, I'm on a roll - and even though I know I'm torturing myself, I'm writing a text to Melody.

To Melody posted:

How goes the campaign? Opponent not on hands and knees yet, probably. But trust me, worth the wait.
If she wants to read more into that, well, I won't mind. Hm. Samantha mentions Lenora - and yeah. She'll be there too, so how about I try to have a normal loving conversation with her? After all, I told Samantha all this poo poo about being more at peace - even though I'm planning to go hunting for loving snake men or evil witches or whatever as soon as possible to... let that other thing have its due. Anyway. Lenora.

To Lenora posted:

Meeting with Abigale and her mentor. Samantha may not mention it to you, but she always talks about bringing you back.
And that leaves Gabrielle in my mind - don't think I have her number, actually, and the thing I'm thinking of is probably not the kind of stuff you start talking about via a text. I know Samantha wouldn't approve, but if Gabrielle can do, what, wishes, I have to know. What she can do. And if she... could change me. At least so that I would never want to hurt Samantha or Melody again. I might not even do it, but... I have to know.

I look up at Samantha, both of us dressed - gently caress, I need new clothes, how long have I been wearing these? "Yeah. Let's go. Though I'll concentrate on the multitude of assholes that need to get their rear end kicked." I roll my shoulders, then let a small grin creep onto my face. "Would offer to carry you. But. Maybe not."

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 2/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Prey Animal, Lucky, Drained, Liar
Currently dressed as: No one Location: Dorms

"Yeah if I think of anything more I'll let you know" Truth is my heart was beating a mile a minute. I thought I was going to see him drag me off to jail. I mean he could obviously tell I had something to do with the fire and I hadn't done anything to conceal the evidence so I suppose I could understand if he did. I mean from his point of view it would make sense but he hadn't had he. I led him to the door and let him out in the cool evening air. Then I turned round and went back to my room to sit alone. I suppose there were other options but I'm not sure whether I dared go out. I mean the police were suspcious of me. Mammon would still be trying to get revenge. And then there was Nadia..... What would I do if I ran into her. What would I say. What could I say? Sorry didn't seem to cut it. I had to accept that it was over done finished. And it was all my fault.

I don't know how long I sat there for. Alone in the dark. Brooding. But eventually the need to meet natures call drove me out of my room and to the bathroom. It was only when trudging back that I noticed the crack of light seeping round the door of Delilah's and Joanne's room whichever of them had left last had obviously forgot to turn off their light and by the looks of it lock their door. Unless one of them was still in of course. I kind of hoped so I could use someone to talk to. I knocked gingerly "Hello? anyone in there." I said only to get no response. Pushing open the door I saw the light still on and the room a bit of a mess like someone had half trashed it. Clothes scattered everywhere and one hell of a lot of candles. Those would be Joanne's I suppose Delilah doesn''t strike me as the candle type. All I would have to do is turn the lights off and back out and shut the door behind me. I was ready to do that when my eyes fell upon a pair of Delilah's outsized jeans and shirt. And I started to have an idea.

Amanda couldn't go out but that didn't mean someone else couldn't someone Mammon wouldn't have a reason to particularly hate, someone the police wouldn't be suspicious of. I mean I know I shouldn't take her stuff without asking but it's too tempting too easy and it's not like she'd ever even miss it I half-rationalised. And well I was more than a little jealous of Delilah she had Melody, she had Sam. I'd seen the way she looked at Me!Melody the passion the desire. The confidence the strength. All things I badly wanted. Before I knew what I was doing I'd grabbed her outfit and retreated to my room. I stared at those garments . I shouldn't do this but if I stayed here I'd go nuts. In the end there was only one choice.

I donned her clothes.

The transformation was just as normal which was reassuring. I was worried I'd end up like some sort of zombie or whatever Delilah really was. But no I- She looked perfectly normal. If a little more padding around my rear than I was comfortable with. And a lot more muscle where I was more used to having a little fat. Hmm I didn't feel more confident but maybe it would come with practice. It couldn't be that hard to pretend to be her could it. Now where could I go. I'd have to try to avoid going wherever the real Delilah was. Wherever that was. Maybe a bar of some sort. No bars were out. My eyes again (without needing glasses, did everyone but me have perfect eyesight?) settled on the notice board in the hallway. Huh a volleyball game. Not my kind of thing really but maybe it was Delilah's and even so it was better than being cooped up here. Anything was. I set off at a brisk pace for the stadium in my borrowed clothes. Hoping I could manage to borrow a bit of that confidence while I was at it. Hmm what would Delilah do for fun besides going to the stadium?

21:25] Ferrosol what would Delilah do for fun? (gaze)
[21:25] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[21:25] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 12+1 = 13
The visions are lucid and detailed, the visions cure you removing drained.

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Oh Kinsey, you're so predictable. And pathetic. Unlike her, I haven't actually been trying to campaign at this event. I mean, I'm going to - after the game. During it is kind of gauche, not that Kinsey would understand that. She's so New Money it hurts.

Having selected a pretty primo spot in the student section of the stands and surrounded by Lindsey, Thom, and Becca, I very much feel like I'm doing a good job of this. Lindsey and Thom spent some time putting together a bunch of buttons and flyers supporting me to pass out, while Becca's been a bit more focused on getting re-elected Vice President herself. Still, all three of them showed up and have done exactly what I've wanted to do so far, which has basically amounted to "don't hand out the campaign paraphernalia yet" and "lets gossip while we pretend to pay attention to this volleyball game." I mean, they're here - and my girlfriends aren't. I still think these Snake People are just some prank they're pulling on me.

The game's been interesting enough, I guess - I think it goes without saying that I don't actually care if we win or not. I'm just here to put in an appearance. Kinsey and her little sycophants have given us a wide berth, and we've only had a few of the photographers here come over to take a picture of me, so we've even been relatively undisturbed this whole time. Undisturbed until the Cheerleaders urge everyone to vote for Kinsey, that is.

"Of course she would..." Becca murmurs, while Lindsey glances towards me to make sure I'm alright. A nice gesture, but I'm not as emotionally fragile as she thinks I am. Thom's watching some guy in the crowd and has been basically all game, I doubt he even heard the cheerleaders at all. Kinsey definitely did though - and she's looking towards me, no doubt looking for some flash of anger or annoyance or whatever. But she's not going to get it.

"Yawn," I mention to my friends, exaggeratedly yawning as well to make sure Kinsey can see how nonplussed I am. As if, what, bribing some cheerleaders is going to win her the election? Puh-lease. Anyone she can bribe, I can bribe better. Just for good measure, I send a wink Kinsey's way too.

Got a 9 on a Manipulate NPC roll the other day, forgot to save it.
Am trying to infuriate Kinsey to get her to react / publicly confront Mel.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2
Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Needs Help, Jealous, Spook, Trouble, Self Righeous

Time sure flies when you're brooding alone. A few of the girls walk in and out, but they don't notice me. Or don't care enough to say anything. It's . And with all the practice I've gotten over the years, who knows how long I'd have sat there if my phone hadn't buzzed with texts? But, I'm not really thrilled with the texts I get. First off, I really don't want to be around Abby. She's a monster hunter, and she's got to know I'm not... normal by now.

But, I can't just not go, right? I mean, Sam thinks this might be the key to fixing things. And... I don't wanna live like this any more. So, I'm going.

And then there's Delilah's text. I've moved away from outright dislike, but I still don't really... like her or anything. I swear, I don't know what Sam and Melody see in her.

Maybe they both just like undead projects?

I chuckle a little at the thought, but as I stare at the message, I don't really know what to say. Is she complaining that Sam talks about me so much? Is she trying to be nice? Both, maybe? I better say something, at least.

quote:

Yeah, she's a really good friend. I'm lucky to have her.

After I send the response, I go to wait for the others. Hood up and hands in my hoodie's pockets, I stand up from the couch and go lean against the right side of the entrance, giving Sam a little wave when I see her approach.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

Made a short trip to my own room, fetch some new clothes - though I admit I first made sure Joanne wasn't in. You could say it's cowardly, but I don't want to deal with that poo poo right now. Don't want to ruin the somewhat good mood I'm in, and besides, I haven't come with what I'm going to say. I stand over my bed, picking out pants - didn't I have a pair of jeans out, must have stashed them somewhere else - and I can feel a resentment rising inside me, at having to apologize loving again. An urge to just say 'gently caress it' and let Joanne just deal with it on her, because what the gently caress is she going to do? I know what she could do. She could tremble when she goes to sleep at night. Shiver at every stirring of my body in the darkness, in our room. A sleepless, restless, slow torture - and for me, a sweet lullaby, some replacement for the rest of real sleep I cannot get at night.

I breathe in sharply - no, I am going to loving apologize to Joanne. Somehow. I'm not going to avoid it out of, what, apathy, convenience. Right. For now, need to focus on something else. Namely, what pants to wear. I smile at the ones Melody gave me, the ones I still have. But given that there's going to be some snakemen I'm going to gently caress up later today on the one hand and Melody picking a no-doubt gorgeous outfit for me, I decide to go for something more disposable. And yeah, I just made fashion decision based on the likelihood of getting some supernatural creature's blood on me. My life.

I start dressing, going with a red shirt and my black leather jacket when my phone buzzes. Lenora. Hm. How did I want her to respond to my text? I guess I wanted to let her know that Samantha is serious about trying to, well, bring her back. Change her. Which I guess is the other thing I meant, which I didn't even realize until now.

To Lenora posted:

Yes. Next question may seem strange. But. What she is trying to do, is it what you want? Did she ask you?
I'm not sure why I am asking her that, but Samantha... she has that head full of secrets, and even though we had our talk, I guess there's still part of my mind that resents it a little bit, all these things she did not tell me. But who am I to talk? I hurt her, so, least I can do is to show a little... patience. Right. You know what, gently caress it, I don't want to feel down again, and I'm not going to.

With one hand I type up a text for Melody, there's things I want to tell her and my last text was... single-minded. With the other I gather some supplies from under my bed, stuff them in a duffel bag.

To Melody posted:

Meant to tell you. Thank you for helping out earlier. To be honest, I'm more grateful for something else. That you told me and Samantha about the new thing you can do. Could not have been easy. You must have considered not telling us. Lots of possible reasons But you didn't. Thanks. Now go kick some popularity rear end.
Right. I sling the duffel bag over my shoulder and head towards where we're meeting up with Abigale and her mentor - Lenora is already there, as is Samantha. Let's get this started.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Even if sometimes I wish Delilah could keep it in her pants a little more often, I definitely enjoy her displays of ...affection? desire? Whatever. And this time is no different. Still, got stuff to do, people to see, undead to raise. So as for Delilah's offer to carry me, and the other offers, I'll take a rain check. "Maybe afterwards." A grin goes along with the words, but then she goes off to get some fresh clothes. Actually.

Going to meet Abby's mentor, some kind of monster hunter boss lady or something. Lets go for a little more impressive than just... clothes I picked up off the floor. Hastily I riffle through my selection and end up with some clothes Melody gave me, along with the earrings I'd just been gifted. The dress isn't as showy as the starry black piece from the party, but a bit more elegant, and it looks very... plausibly occult, without being blatantly so. After locking my door I head into the hall, adjusting the Faerie Amulet around my neck as I approach Lenora.

"Hey Lenora." Feeling oddly nervous now, now that I'm so close to the moment. A subtle tension. "You shouldn't have to wait much longer." Delilah arrives moments later, and I give her another smile. Just need Abby and her mentor now.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Amanda: Delilah is pretty single minded and it's hard to contain her instincts. In your mind you see a steamy scene with a naked Melody pinned against your (Delilah's) naked body. She's writhing alluringly and it brings back old memories of your time together as a couple. The mental image shifts and you see Delilah intensely hunting out nervous looking co-eds and frightening them, much to her delight. The scene shifts a final time to Delilah picking a fight with someone and kicking the poo poo out of them. It seems Delilah has a very active idea of fun.

You arrive at the volleyball game and spot Melody posturing. You're just in time to observe the end of the cheerleaders routine and see the spectacle that unfolds between Melody and Kinsey. Seems like there's bad blood between them. What do you do?

Melody: Kinsey hugs cheerleaders and glares at you. The game continues with the Owls utterly dominating the Gators. Kinsey's crew starts to hand out flyers to the audience during a lull in the play. When she gets to you she scrunches up her face in distaste but hands you a flyer anyway. "I'm nice enough to invite a media spectacle like you." She says in a catty way. But she's not acting out yet. You're going to need to really antagonize her.

What is the flyer for?

Delilah, Sam and Lenora: Abby meets up with the three of you excitedly and eagerly introduces the three of you to Ms. Sophia Aritza, her mentor. Ms. Aritza is a stern looking woman with grey in dark hair held in a bun. She wears a dark suit with practical shoes. She is cold and short spoken. Greeting the three of you in a cool and businesslike manner. "I hear you have a lot on your hands. I believe my extensive library can be of assistance. Will you join me?" Abby agrees for all of you and Ms. Aritza leads you to a black sedan with tinted windows.

Abby helps everyone into the car, sitting in the back and giving Sam shotgun, as Ms. Aritza drives off with you. Her car stereo lilting with low classical music. Lenora feels mildly uncomfortable. Like a light pulling sensation at the core of her as you are conveyed away from the school grounds and over to a quaint house on a hill. Ms. Aritza leads you all into the house. Lenora's tugging sensation does not abate and Sam can tell that this main entryway and library area of the house is a Witch's Sanctuary.

Abby closes the door behind the three of you and Ms. Aritza gestures to the rows and rows of books on the occult that greet you. "Please make use of my many resources. You should be able to find your answers here." Ms. Aritza says. Then she sits in a large domineering armchair and watches the four of you intently. Abby immediately starts going over books trying to help.

What do you do?

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Kinsey hands me a flyer and spews a slander at me, and It. Is. On.

"Oh, thanks so much!" I reply, looking at the neon green flyer she's just handed me as if it's a napkin someone's sneezed into, wrinkling my nose in a look of disgust that's like hers - if she'd had years of practice at it. God, she's such a pale imitation of who people think I am, it's pathetic.

With Thom, Lindsey, and Becca all here, I'm surrounded by friends that are giving her a similar level of stink-eye. She might think she's incredible, but we'll see just how impressive she is after I get Sam to hex her. As for the dumb flyer she handed me, it's about some party she's throwing this weekend? Way to copy me, Kinsey. It doesn't even sound as impressive as mine - is hers at a four story mansion? Or hosted by a world famous celebrity? Of course it isn't, because she's not me.

Flipping the flyer over, as if I'm looking for more to it than what's on the front, I give her a look of confused disappointment. "Have to pass, sorry - I've got better things to do." I quirk an eyebrow, smug grin spreading across my beautiful face. "You know, more important places to be, people to be with? Thanks though - I'm sure I'd have been a big get for your little party."

<Rauri> Shut Down Kinsey
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 4+3 = 7
Kinsey gets Unimportant condition, Melody takes one in exchange. Hopefully that counts as instigating things.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Prey Animal, Lucky, Liar
Currently dressed as: Delilah Location: Gym

Well Delilah gets off on Melody like that was news to me. And I completely understand why even I'm not sure I could ever be that intense over anyone. As for the rest well... what is Delilah really does she get off on scaring people? threatening people? that would explain how she responded to me when I was dressed as Melody she was obviously satisfying both urges at once weird but given some of the things I've been involved in lately I probably shouldn't judge. Especially since I kind of enjoyed it.

As it was by the time I'd made it to the gym I'd missed half the game oh well. I guess I'd been dawdling too much trying to see if it was possible to figure out Delilah. As it was by the time I got there, there was only a handful of seats left. I'd just barely sat down when I saw the cheerleaders propaganda campaign. Wow don't need to be a genius to figure out how Melody would respond to that.... wait a minute is that her in front of me two rows down..... poo poo poo poo poo poo. What is she doing here. And why is she dressed more like she's going to play in the game than to watch it. Not that that's bad but she's showing an awful lot of skin....

Focus Amanda. Crap if she sees you she'll know exactly that I'm not who I'm pretending to be. And I don't want to start a fight with her again. Not when we're more or less making things up. I was just going to keep my head down and not say anything till they came round with these leaflets I took one of course and frowned at the sight of it. A party huh? doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. I wonder if I should go hmm it's not like I have anyone to go with though. Sadly. But enough of that. I watched as Kinsey confronted Melody. Hmm, catty on both sides really but it doesn't take a genius to figure out who Delilah would back in this situation.

I leaned forward and in a voice that was far from quiet. Growled at Kinsey "Jealous much? you'll never be that popular and that famous and that attractive. You're second best and you know it. Might as well give up the election now while you still have your dignity left." I scowled at her which I bet looks much more intimidating on Delilah than it did on me.

[21:24] Ferrosol Shut down the unimportant Kinsey
[21:24] Ferrosol !r 2d6+1
[21:24] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 9+1 = 10
giving her the condition Second Best.

Ferrosol fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Feb 24, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

Hot: +2 Cold: +2x Volatile: -1 Dark: -1
XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Self-Centered, Selfish

When I hear Delilah's voice, I spin around in my seat so quick it's almost pathetic. Did I actually hear that right, and it's actually her? It only takes me a second to spot her, and I can't help but beam at my girlfriend when I lock eyes with her. She'd totally been planning on going to do some dumb Snakeman thing with Sam instead of coming here with me - she'd even told me that much - but here she is. Guess she not only decided that what I wanted was more important, which lets face it - it is - but she also had the self restraint to surprise me with it!

Normally when Delilah sneaks up behind me she gets extremely grabby and whispers in my ear, so her just being in the stands, waiting to back me up, is astounding. I don't care that we're in front of a bunch of people right now. I blow a kiss at Delilah, smiling happily and eyes promising a reward for her behavior, and only then return my attention to my supposed "opponent" for the election.

<Rauri> Turn on "Delilah"
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 3+3 = 6
<Rauri> wow, Mel never fails turn ons. This is bizarre. Forgot to mark XP from rolling cold, doing so now.

Now that I've seen her I'm sure Delilah's going to come sit next to me, and if Kinsey's dumb enough to smart off to me in front of her... well, let's just say, both of my girlfriends are a lot scarier than I am, and either of them could make Kinsey's life hell.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Feb 24, 2016

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

You'd think I'd be used to my life being a series of bizarre poo poo, and honestly, being picked up by Abigale's mentor Ms. Aritza in a sedan with tinted windows and driven to some mansion while classical music plays isn't that bizarre, on the face of it. Thing is, I'm pretty sure I've gotten at least a little bit used to, say, demonic motherfuckers coming at me with actual swords, but this feels like... I'm searching for the phrase... like that hosed up movie called my life that I'm in just switched genres. Which is idiotic and inappropriate, these are all life and death matters, but it's what my brain comes up with. I mean, the severely dressed severe lady, the transportation somewhere between classy and movie black-ops sinister, the goddamn classical music and the similarly classy yet sort of foreboding house filled to the brim with occult poo poo - yeah, I just used foreboding in a sentence - it's all just... Well, I'm not sure whether I'm gonna be introduced to the Skull and crossbones, whether Ms. Aritza is going to turn to face us in a swivel chair with a white cat on her lap, thanking us all for coming here so she can tell us about 'The Undertaking' or whether I'll be asked to join, what, the Harry Potter Wizard Gestapo?

So yeah, while my brain is thinking about poo poo like that, the other parts of me just go along, like this is all no big deal. Though there's one other thing on my mind. Abigale's mentor is cold, formal. Which is fine, we got poo poo to do and this isn't a social occasion. Still, it makes me wonder - does she know what we are? Me, Samantha, Lenora, all the others? Abigale is a... kind, understanding person, so much I sometimes wonder whether she's in the right line of business. Well, whatever kind of loving business 'monster hunter' is. Her mentor, though - call it a hunch, but I think some sad sob story won't have as much of an effect on her, not once things have gone beyond a certain point. Like a ghoul who's bawling her eyes out about how she tried and tried, tried to hold it all back, all those hungers, urges, tried to do something good. Don't think all of that would be worth poo poo once there's blood on that ghoul's hands. And if I'm honest - I'm not sure it should be worth something.

Anyway. Enough of that. Not something to think about right now. Got poo poo to do. I look around me and the thought that comes immediately to my mind is again such a switch from earlier that it'd be funny, if I was still the laughing type. How the gently caress am I going to find anything in this? When was the last time I researched something in an actual book, or at least something that isn't some scientific text on, say, Differential Psychology? poo poo. Right now, I can feel the weight of the duffel bag slung over my shoulder and even though I know this is important, I can't deny what I actually packed for. Kicking rear end. Though that makes it sounds too... noble. WHat I prepared for is violence. Violence against against someone where I do not have to feel guilt. Where I can let loose that loving beast inside me. I grit my teeth, breathe in, wait for it to go away.

Right. Work with that. Find out what snakepeople's weaknesses are. How to fight them. How they work. And. What they are afraid of. I force myself to remember how just one of them kicked my rear end earlier today, how I only avoided going back to... that darkness I was in after Nadia by running away. Use that to keep me focused, sane, not just... lashing out like some idiot, like some animal.

I start searching through the shelves, looking for a book on snakepeople - though to be honest, if I were to spot a book on the undead, I'd grab it as well, despite a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I may not want to know what's inside. It's hard to actually slow down, read the titles of the book, my body telling me to go, do something, run, attack something. Need to calm down. Right. I spot Lenora over on the other side of the shelf I'm looking through and Samantha a ways off - far away enough not to overhear us if we're quiet. poo poo, with the whole libary thing going on, I'd probably whisper anyway. I move over to Lenora, run my finger over the spines of the books, not yet looking at her when I speak.

"So. Did you think about that thing I asked you?" Yeah. Just having a normal conversation with Lenora, maybe I can loving manage that. With Abigale, her mentor and Samantha around, I might actually be able to do it - that beast inside me, it's not entirely stupid. "Not saying you should not want it. To be... brought back." I look up at her, search for her eyes through the stacked shelf. "But. What does that mean?" I shrug. "Besides. Figure you're not always the most assertive personality. Only ever heard Samantha say she's going to find a way to 'bring you back'. Never that you were excited about it." I roll my shoulders, stroll over to the shelf opposite and go through the titles on display. "I know she means well. But. Wanted to ask what you think." Wait. Is that a book down there about snakemen? Or, well, seems like the title is in Latin or something - serpentine is derived from Latin, right? I bend down, momentarily forgetting about Lenora - if I didn't I'd probably have bent down by getting on my haunches instead of pushing out my rear end.

<nil_> Delilah Turn On Lenora
<nil_> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nil_, 8+3 = 11
No mechanical effect.

nil. fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Feb 26, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Wow a look like that should have my tongue rolling out of my head. There's probably not a red blooded American between the ages of 14 and dead that would turn down a come hither look like that from Melody. Apart from maybe me. I mean that look wasn't aimed at me it was aimed at Delilah. But I could see by the little head gesture she wasn't going to take no for an answer. And you can bet Delilah could never say no to her for something like that. Way I see it I have two options blow my cover by acting strange and not jumping at Melody or play along and see if I can apologize later for what I did. I'm in a bit of hole here I never expected Melody of all people to be here. If it had been anyone else I could have blown it off but she wouldn't buy it for a minute and she knew what I can do and well she's not that dumb. She'd put two and two together and come up with four. I can only hesitate for so long though before she knows something is up.

Screw it. There's only one response when your in a hole this deep. Keep digging. Now how would Delilah respond to something like that.... Probably with something borderline violent and sexual towards Melody. This is such a bad idea.... I sauntered down and watched as one of Melody's flunkies moved hurriedly out of my way as I pushed closer. I watched even Kinsey take a step back which gave me a small tingle of pleasure. Till finally Melody was within arms reach I aggressively invaded her personal space and I put an arm around her back one that slid inexorably down towards her very short shorts where it stopped for just a moment and gave her a squeeze. I bet even as selfish as she is she wouldn't say no to that.

[20:31] Ferrosol turn on Melody
[20:31] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[20:31] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 4 = 4
rolled the wrong dice this should be plus +2 and I'm tagging the condition Selfish. So string/promise/self

I could see she'd liked it. She always was rather sensitive to that sort of thing and I smiled. "I can think of much better things to do instead of attending a party." I said directed at Melody. Then I glared at Kinsey "Get lost."

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Harm 2/4 | Experience 4/5 | Conditions: One of Them, Drained

The entire trip is very odd. I’ve never met another witch in the flesh before, and I’m not sure if intimidating is the right word, but she does have a presence about her that is very… there. Even more odd is the sensation of entering her sanctuary. I can feel the magic there, and it isn’t mine. It definitely feels like my hair is standing on edge. Not especially productive towards working, and neither is having her sort of looming over us from that chair.

So I shift around to a bookshelf side she can’t see fairly quickly. Now, I know the book I need is here somewhere, but there are a lot of books. So we could either spend an age looking through each one, or I could just.. Close my eyes, let the magic in the room fill me, and there is plenty here, even if it is attuned towards someone else, and let it move my hand along the rows of books until one reaches out to ...gotcha!

“There we go!” I open my eyes and pull the book that caught on my hand off the shelf with a smile, and immediately flip it open to start scanning through the pages for what I need.

<godfish> gazing
<godfish> !r 2d6+2
<Krysmbot> godfish, 3+2 = 5
Spending a string on Lenora and using the +1 forward from this gaze to make that a 7.
Lucid, detailed and draining visions, how do I complete this non-blood magic based ritual to bring Lenora back
Exp for dark

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Self-Centered, Selfish

Lindsey moves out of the way for Delilah immediately, which is definitely a good idea on her part. She may have a crush on me, but of everybody on the planet, Delilah's probably infatuated with me the most. Which she makes plain for the thousandth time rather quickly, stepping up right next to me in the bleachers - and tracing her arm down from my shoulder to my rear end, squeezing possessively with a hungry look on her face. In front of everybody attending the game, naturally, since Delilah's just sort of like that. It's one of my favorite things about her, really. Though it is mildly inconvenient to have my campaign event derailed by being more or less publicly felt up, but I'm definitely not stopping her. God, she's just good at this... and especially after what she said earlier, the ideas she put in my head, I'm pretty turned on again.

Giving self.

Beaming at Delilah for a second or two longer than I know I should, I return my attention to Kinsey, doing my best to dispel the flush in my cheeks. Playing off what Delilah's just said, I add "Especially one of Kinsey's," while looking directly at her. "You should listen to her, and just accept that you're going to lose this election. I want to win, so it's going to happen. That's how my life works."

I mean, have you compared the two of us? She's attractive and all, maybe even Tori level, but I'm literally perfect. She's rich and connected or something, I'm one of the wealthiest and most famous people to ever exist. She's got a boyfriend or something, I have two amazingly magical girlfriends. I'm better than her in every conceivable way. Even here - she may have paid cheerleaders to campaign for her, but I dressed up like a Volleyball player. Mostly to appeal to Delilah, true, but also because I'm good at this stuff. It looks like I belong here in this gym - and she can't say the same.

Rauri fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Feb 26, 2016

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

Mmm Melody pretty much melted into my arms. I'd forgotten how much I'd enjoyed that. She was soft where Nadia had been hard. Had I been kidding myself that I was over her? I watched appreciatively as she flushed and looked at me with a look that promised me fun times later... No not promised me, promised Delilah. And there was the rub I thought. I could just sit there and enjoy this, Melody if she remembered it all would just think it was one more pleasant interlude with Delilah. She'd never have to know any different.

[16:31] Ferrosol hold steady vs temptation
[16:31] Ferrosol !r 2d6
[16:31] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 11 = 11
removing the condition Liar

But even if she didn't know I would. I'd already gone way too far. And it wasn't fair to cause her to "Cheat" on someone she obviously cared about. I need to apologize to her for going as far as I did. But this wasn't the time or place to drop the act. I had to get her out of here before either of us did something we regretted...
"So now that you've put in an appearance for the cameras why don't we find somewhere private to enjoy ourselves." I whispered in her ear And then in private I could tell her the truth without revealing either of our secrets.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Harm 1/4 | Experience 3/5 | Conditions: Needs Help, Jealous, Spook, Trouble, Self Righeous

The ride over is quiet. I don't know what Sam or Delilah are thinking, but I'm keeping an eye out for anything that makes it look like I'm going to get exorcised, whether I like it or not.

So far, so good though. Sam is pouring through books. I'm about to ask if I can help, but I stop when I realize that I don't really know what I'm looking for. I'm still avoiding being too close to Abby, and her mentor is creepy. Which leaves me with Delilah...

She wanted to know if it was my idea to do this (it wasn't), and if I really want this (of course I do). I mean, maybe she's asking because she has second thoughts about it herself, but I know exactly what I want.

Keeping my voice down, I say, "I can't leave town, I can't keep friends, and freaky stuff keeps happening to me with no idea why? Of course I don't want to live like this anymore."

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

I grab that book I was looking at, but before I can flip through it, I remember I was talking with Lenora, so I turn back around. Put the book onto the bookshelf separating us and listen to her. So. She wants to do this, and she seems certain about it. Although, thing is, the way she phrases it - it's not really what this whole thing will, what, turn her into, not about what she wants out of that but rather that she wants to not live like she is living right now. So, escape forward, 'anything's gotta be better than this' kind of thing. I don't know, it's valid, I guess, but I can't help wondering whether she knows what she's getting into.

And yeah, I'm aware I'm asking myself all this poo poo because her situation is my situation, or at least close enough when it comes to...well, bringing us back to life. Or closer to life, anyway. I have to say something, not just stare at her, because if I'm going to continue staring at her the stare will change and then I'll move closer to her, try to corner her and it'll all go off the rails again. "I see." Insightful. "I wonder though." I look at her, unblinking, through the books, like some sort of fence or prison bars. "Okay, let's not bullshit. I am talking about you as much as I am talking about me. So. I wonder. Who we'll be, if we do this. I remember, before..." I shrug. "I was different. And then after, I am different. So. Would make sense if after this, I am going to be someone different still."

I sigh, put my forearms onto the shelf - and look to where Samantha is, already busy going through a book, so focused, so in her element. "Who's to say I am going to be able to do the same things? Care... about the same things?" I shake my head, turn back to face Lenora - and once again, it strikes me how every time we talk, I bring up this kind of poo poo. Makes sense, in a way, with her being the other real undead around, but still... if there's one thing I know, it's that sense and action, feeling, don't always go hand in hand. "Your boy. Jonathan. He's someone you knew from... before, isn't he?" Think Samantha told me about that, or maybe Melody? "A connection to your past. What if you feel different about him, after Samantha does..." I wave my hand around. "... her thing?"

Ah, gently caress this. I pull myself up, stop leaning against the shelf. Roll my shoulders. "Listen to me talk. You make your own decisions. And even if people sometimes don't know themselves, what they want. Sure as gently caress shouldn't be me helping you out in that regard."

I look at her, really look at her. I know what I am going to say, have to say - what I have hidden, wasn't sure Lenora could handle. Or maybe I couldn't handle telling her. "There's something else." I close my eyes, breathe in. "When I was... away. Melody's party, at the pool." I try not to remember it with, well, my heart, only with my head. Try to recall the facts of what happened, not how it made me feel. "It wasn't all... darkness. Or light at the end of the tunnel." My mouth feels dry. But I have to say it, push forward. "There was something there." I pause. Say it! "Death. And not... in an abstract notion way, Capital D Death. As in a talking personification." I breathe in sharply, for one moment look at the ceiling as if there are answers there. Look back at Lenora. "It mentioned us both. By name. It said it's coming for us."

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Melody and Amanda: Kinsey's nostrils flare and she puffs herself up. "Don't think I don't see right through you, slut." Kinsey hisses at Melody "You're not entitled to what's mine, bitch!" (Melody gains the condition Bitch) "I'll ruin you you depraved lesbian!" She vows and then flips her hair and storms off with her entourage. Looks like you successfully got under her skin. The volleyball game is coming to a close but you've drawn quite the audience. What do you do?

Sam: It takes some searching, up near the very top of the shelves but you stumble across the book you need. It's a tiring read but within you find a ritual which should make Lenora corporeal and even alive again. The ritual will take five people and requires water and carbon and a magic circle but it can be done! There's a magic circle here. It's not incredibly powerful but it should do the job. All you need are the people and the supplies and you can do this tonight!

Delilah: As your hand gropes aimlessly along the bookshelves it knocks a book free and to your feet. The title? "Of Summoning Demons." Don't you have a demon you need to summon? Sam should take a look at this.

Lenora: You feel like this house is about at the limit of distance you could go from the college. It's uncomfortable being out this far. You feel stretched out. The lights start to flicker on and off as you manage to stay composed. Abby and Ms. Aritza are staring at you. What do you do?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Hmm. Finding the right one through all these books was way more tiring than I thought it'd be. But I've found it, and I've got five people. That is... I glance around at everyone else, and recount that slightly. One person, two witches, a zombie and a ghost. But! I think that should still do fine. And Abby's mentor is bound to have the materials. Such an easy requirement too.

Marking the place in the book with a scrap of paper, I shut it with a snap to get everyone's attention. "Got it!" Carrying the tome with me, I head over towards Abby's mentor, pulling out my phone to send a quick text on the way.

@Melody posted:

Should have everything I need to bring Lenora back!
Would you like to come help?
We could use your magic, but if not I'll try tonight without you, don't want to keep her waiting if I can help it.

Message sent, I smile -slightly stiffly- at Ms. Aritza. "Do you have ..." I flip the book open again to make sure the measurements are correct, "...of water and carbon I could use?" She was bound to, but I figured it was best to be polite when dealing with an unknown witch.

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Melody's Knight, One of Them

So to be honest, I would have thought me dropping that bombshell on Lenora would have caused more of a reaction. Seems she's lost on her own world, though - or maybe she already knew all of that poo poo. Because, aren't ghosts supposed to be sensitive to supernatural poo poo and all that? If so, would have been nice if she had told me about the fact that, what, the personification of Death is coming after the two of us. Then again, not like we're the best of friends.

I shrug, focus on other things. At the back of my mind, there is this restlessness, and I don't know whether it's a good thing or not that I know exactly what it is: I want to do something but really, not just anything. I flex my fingers, make them into fists. Right now, I want to beat the poo poo out of some snakeman, some demon, someone I can delude myself into thinking doesn't deserve mercy, doesn't deserve restraint. I notice with some horror the certainty that it's because it has been so long since I could really feel in someone that... loving primal fear. Since it was me that did it in them. I close my eyes, breathe in, remember the day with me and Samantha and Melody... and July in the closet. How I made her run, how I made that scared, helpless animal come out behind her eyes. Just with my eyes, with my words. Oh god, that had been good. Inside me is a maelstrom of pleasure and disgust, disgust at both how it made me feel back then and how it makes me feel now. At the fact that I couldn't keep myself from remembering it.

<nilPhone> Delilah Hold Steady
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 9+3 = 12
Keeping cool and clearing Yours Truly.

No. The voice in my head is steady. No. I need to focus on the here and now. Help Samantha. Help Abigale. Channel my... thing into something, what, constructive. Or whatever counts as constructive in this whole messed up version of my life I find myself in. Wait, did the lights just flicker? Guess this place's 'spooky old house at the end of the street' thing extends to the wiring. Hm. That book that just fell out - or is it the one I pulled out earlier before I got... distracted? - is called 'Of Summoning Demons'. Not really what I had in mind, but as far as I understood it, Melody's ex - not Amanda - is now some sort of elven Faerie prince / demon of the abyss hybrid, like some sort of Deviant Art-level original character, or whatever. However that poo poo worked anyway. Thing is, seems he has the annoying habit to pop up without announcing himself, so why not try and force him to show up on our terms? See if we can't... convince him to leave Melody alone.

Of course, I don't need an in-depth readong of this book to know I'm probably out of my depth. Should let Samantha take a look at this, that's her whole thing. I look up at Lenora - still sort of spacing out or something. Whatever. I take the book with me and wander over to where Samantha now is, after having announced that she 'got it', though what exactly 'it' is, I don't know. I do notice that both Abigale and Ms. Aritza seem to be on edge. I don't even make the conscious decision, but still I make a small detour, approach Abigale and put my free hand on her shoulder. Briefly press it reassuringly, smile at her. And I try not to think about the firmness of her muscles, what it would be like to hold her like this without her clothes in the way. Ah, gently caress.

I blink, refocus. Samantha. Right. I go over to her, seems she has asked Ms. Aritza for water and carbon. I admit, if that's for some spell, I would have expected more exotic poo poo, like plants I can't even pronounce. I approach from behind, put my hand on Samantha's shoulder too, though I allow myself to come much closer to her than to Abigale. "Samantha. Found this." I show her the book, my arm now in front of her - if I wasn't holding it, I'd be winding up to hold her close to me. "Was thinking of that ex/stalker. Use it to establish some... boundaries." Actually, now that I think of it - I'm not sure how much of what is really going on I want to say in front of Ms. Aritza. Didn't think about it consciously, but still, my first instinct was to say nothing outright.

I look over to her. I decide to show her the book also - Abigale must have told her about Melody's demon ex at least, so, no use in hiding it. "Any opinion from you? Only thing I know, something like this shouldn't be tackled by just one person." Like Abigale. I remember how she was earlier today, in the gym. How she was so focused on her 'mission' that she couldn't see how... miserable she was. Was making herself. Because she thought she had to do all of it by herself. Which is why I half-want to have a chat with Ms. Aritza in private, about Abigale. But that has to wait.

May it's me having to chase away different thoughts in my mind, maybe it's me being so close to Samantha, maybe it was me remembering that... poisoned pleasure of terrorizing July - but probably it's a combination of all of them. But without thinking, I move in a little close, whisper into Samantha's ear. "And if you're thinking I'm planning to summon some hot succubus. Not to worry. Don't need that. I already make lustful wicked women submit to my power." I grin. "In a daily and powerful struggle."

<nilPhone> Delilah Turn On Sam
<nilPhone> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 8+3 = 11
No mechanical effect.

Wait, what? poo poo! I force myself to drop the grin, force my face back into something more neutral. I affect to be distracted by the still-flickering lights before looking back at Ms. Aritza, now more serious. Perfectly serious and not at all fantasying about loving Samantha right here, maybe with her wearing some 'sexy librarian' getup.

nil. fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Mar 14, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

XP: 2/5 | Harm: 0/4 | Conditions: Self-Centered, Selfish, Bitch

I'm about to reply to Delilah's enticing offer when Kinsey finally processes that we've been making fun of her. It's kinda funny watching her bluster and threaten me - she's like a poodle that thinks it's one of whatever those really big vicious and nasty dogs are called, I don't remember. So I'm definitely smirking the entire time she goes on her little tirade, not feeling threatened in any capacity.

As she goes to leave and I notice I've still got quite the audience, I might as well put it to good use. Spotting one of the student newspaper staff photographers chatting with a girl in the front row, I snap my fingers and direct his attention towards me and my friends. Smiling winningly, pulling Delilah a little closer with the arm I've still got wrapped around her, I have a great plan.

"Get a good picture of all of us, alright?" I request of the photographer, gesturing around me and indicating all the other students in the bleachers that are still watching me due to my fame and beauty and maybe a bit the dramatic argument I'd just been in. Bet a shot of me dressed up like a volleyball player, girlfriend and friends and interested other students around me will look just great on the cover of the newspaper. Free advertising for me too - not that I need 'free' anything.

<Rauri> Manipulate Student Newspaper Photographer
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 10+3 = 13
Want him to take a really good picture of the student section with Melody / Delilah / rest of gang front and center.

Once the picture's taken I check my phone and tap out a quick response to Sam. "Think Sam needs us, Lenora stuff..." I mutter to Delilah, quietly enough that no one else will be able to overhear me.

txt to Sam posted:

This game's almost over, then Delilah and I will be right there.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Delilah's still talking, but I can't hear what she's saying. It's taking all my concentration to just stand upright, and that's when I see the two of them staring at me. Oh man, I knew this was a bad idea. This was just a trick! They just wanted to get me here to see if I was really a ghost, and now they're going to send me on! Or who knows what!

Panicked, I blurt out, "I have to... uh... go to the bathroom" I make for the door, not waiting for any answers.

<Capfalcon> run away
<Capfalcon> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Capfalcon, 7-1 = 6

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Prey Animal, Lucky

"Before we go anywhere we need to talk." I whispered to her. Standing awkwardly while my photo was took with Melody. It's the sort of thing I would've killed for at one point but right now it was a distraction. "Just the two of us." I teased. Lenora? what does Lenora have to do with anything? obviously I couldn't ask not yet anyway but if she was in trouble I'd be happy to help in any way I could. Rocky relationship or not she was still my roommate and I still kind of owed her for stealing her clothes.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

And we dress in black.

Momentarily distracted, I look over at the book Delilah is offering me and quickly glance at the title. Summoning demons, hmm. Well, that would be useful. Later. I smile at Delilah, "Good find Del," then smile a bit more when she continues her whispering and reply in an undertone "Don't worry, I trust I've got you ... under my spell." Then in a slightly sterner voice, "but time for that later." As if on cue, Lenora starts heading for the door, and thats really the first point I actually notice the flickering lights consciously. poo poo.

"Lenora, wait!" I push the book into Delilah's hands with a hurried "hold this for me!" and then I run after Lenora. "Lenora! I've got it, I've found it! We can fix everything, Melody..." I pull out my phone to check her reply, yes, good, "and Delilah are coming over and we'll have enough people to do it. Just a little bit longer." ... Hold on. I look down at my phone again. "Melody... and Delilah?" Then I look up slowly at Delilah, staring hard. That definitely looks like Delilah. And acts like her. Feels like her. Double poo poo.

@Melody posted:

Theres a Delilah with me.
Sending her a text.
If yours doesn't get one its a fake.

@Delilah posted:

testing

nil.
Nov 11, 2012

XP: 4/5 Harm 0/4 Conditions: Melody's Knight, One of Them

Okay, yeah, calming down. Got to focus on being happy that I'm helping out Samantha, but not too much, because that just calls to my mind pictures of some stupid obedient dog, which brings back that whole other round of poo poo and - yeah, focus on something else. I grin at her making that 'under my spell' quip. "You'd look good with red hair too, I bet." I mean, the quip was a reference to that musical Buffy episode and the song 'Under My Spell', right? Right. Only Samantha wouldn't loving brainwash me. "Later."

Wait, what, Lenora? My head turns around to face her, to see what's going on, taking Samantha's books without even thinking. Because something else is on my mind - and in an instance, it leaps out at me as I see Lenora go. She's afraid. I have to suppress a low growl, suppress the impulse to chase after her. Idiotically, the fact that I am holding two books is helping me, because I can distract myself thinking about how I would have to put the books back and by then Lenora would be gone and gently caress. Still, the... urge is there. I breathe in, digging my fingers into the spines of the books, my eyes focused on Samantha and Lenora, unblinking.

I could go over there. I wouldn't even need to do anything. I would only have to... look at Lenora. I know she is weak. I blink, breathe in. Try to hold back that hunger, that urge. It is like a hammer in my head and for a while, I force myself to... just not listen. To instead concentrate on the smell of all these old books, try to call up memories of my childhood, me and my mom in the library. I flex my hands at my side, but I can barely feel them. Something tickles on my leg - a text? A call? I have to force it away, can't think about anything outside my mind yet. Finally, I am able to breathe out. Can open my eyes again.

poo poo. It's only been a few seconds, but I think I have myself under control again. Still, I avert my eyes from Samantha and Lenora and just to have something to do, start looking through the book on summoning demons. Maybe I'll find something hosed up enough to distract me from the demons inside my own head, only those are not literal.

<nilPhone> Delilah Gaze
<nilPhone> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> nilPhone, 9-1 = 8
MC: Gaze: "How can Mammovan be summoned so he has little power and can't escape?" Confusing / alarming.

nil. fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 14, 2016

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

"We'll be right back," I assure my campaign-staff / mundane friends, holding Delilah's hand and grinning at all of them. Kinsey made herself look like an idiot, my girlfriend showed up to support me, and everyone that's not here is going to see the newspaper and assume I was integral to the proceedings - which I have been, I might add.

The pair of us depart the bleachers, exiting the area proper and heading out into the area with all the gross cheapo concessions mortals seem to love. Checking my phone real quick, I... oh what? I look over at Delilah, already trying to figure out if she's Amanda or Delilah, since that's the only person I know who can shapechange or whatever it is she does. There's gotta be no way, I want to believe my girlfriend came to support me, but... there's no text noise, and Delilah never leaves her phone on vibrate.

<Rauri> Hold Steady vs Probably Duplicate Delilah
<Rauri> !r 2d6+3
<Krysmbot> Rauri, 7+3 = 10
Removing Self-Centered

"So Delilah," I start, putting my phone away in my purse and then crossing my arms. The two of us are by ourselves for a moment, so I'm going to take advantage of this opportunity to cut to the heart of things. "If that's who you actually are - where'd we have sex first?"

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

XP: 3/5 Harm: 2/4 Conditions: Prey Animal, Lucky

"When did you figure it out?" I asked curiously. "But yeah that's exactly what I wanted to talk to you about." I explained. "I'm Amanda I'm sorry for the way I behaved earlier but I was just trying to stay in character and act the way I thought Delilah would." I went on "you were the last person I expected to see here to be honest."
I babbled out.

Ok focus. Think. "One thing I do need to warn you about. Your ex is still on the prowl. He sent some law enforcement guy after me which is why I'm undercover so to speak. So you better watch out for any sort of official flak coming down. I assume you have lawyers and stuff so that shouldn't be a problem but you might want to warn everyone else." I paused for breath "But one question now that I can ask about it. What's wrong with Lenora? I mean we're far from best friends but I don't want her to get hurt or anything. If there's anything I can do to help her..." I trailed off. "And well I'm sorry for playing you like this I didn't set out to mislead you I swear" I moved up to give her a hug.

[09:40] Ferrosol turn on melody
[09:40] Ferrosol !r 2d6+2
[09:40] Krysmbot Ferrosol, 8+2 = 10

"I hope you can forgive me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rauri
Jan 13, 2008

I accept Amanda's hug eagerly, and only partially because she looks exactly like Delilah. Even though I'm still kinda mad over the handcuffs incident, at least she wasn't trying to trick me this time - plus she both helped against Kinsey, and seems to be trying to give me a warning about Donovan or whatever.

"Oh, I knew something was up when you were in the bleachers and you didn't sneak up on me," I inform her with a smirk. "The real Delilah would've been trying to put her hands down my pants like, the second she saw me. Plus you're not showing off your" wonderful "rear end off enough, either." Holding my phone up, I let her read the message that Sam sent me, then laugh a little at her reaction. "Sam helped too."

Breaking the hug and looking around to make sure we've still got our privacy, I imperiously let her know what I think of the threat Donovan poses. "I appreciate the warning about Donovan, but my parents are in court about the dumb marriage agreement we had with his family - after our lawyers get all that ironed out, I'll be fine." Plus neither Donovan or the demon in him have had basically any success against me so far - I'm just too important to the universe for anything bad to happen to me, it's how my life works.

Kinda weird to be talking to my shapechanging ex about all this stuff. She's asked about Lenora too, but I'm not sure I'll be able to answer that for her. Definitely give her a knowing look about it though, while I tap out two quick texts. "Lenora is, uh... sort-of Bruce Willis'ing up the dorm, if you catch my drift." Amanda's seen that movie, right? "If you want to help her though, I doubt anyone would mind - you can ride over with me, about to go and meet with people about it."

txt to Sam posted:

Turns out mine was Amanda - at least I'm not handcuffed to anything this time. We'll be joining you soon.

txt to Linds / Becca / Thom posted:

Something came up, please campaign for me, be back later~
Rolled a manip in IRC, got a 9. What do they want to do as Mel's asked?

• Locked thread