Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TayIor Swift
Oct 29, 2016

by zen death robot
i want a boyfriend to cuddle me >_<;;

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phyresis
Nov 2, 2004

I can't sleep, I hope I stay awake

Cause I've been running, running, running all day

Long nights, no peace

I feel like everybody's eyes on me

TayIor Swift posted:

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i went on a date yesterday and it went well but im still very sad

global warming is basically inevitable now and it's... uh.... bad

e: ed bads

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

i hope the next dem candidate just runs on a platform of executing everyone who said that trump won because hillary was so mean to white men

TayIor Swift
Oct 29, 2016

by zen death robot

Sai posted:

i feel like everyone should follow their hearts...

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

TRUMP: Mexico is sending rapists to the US, muslims shouldn't be allowed in this country, execute the central park five, torture prisoners
HILLARY: trump's supporters sometimes arent very nice. oh no. im sorry. im sorry. i shouldnt have sad that. sorry

CONSENSUS: Trump won because hillary was so mean to teh whites

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

TayIor Swift posted:

i feel like everyone should follow their hearts...

im volunteering for labour in my country because i hate myself and also everything else

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

TayIor Swift posted:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

mormonpartyboat posted:

you are a hero among heroes

friendo, if you mean hero in the not entirely classical sense of 'person who can make great acta, far exceeding the ordinary', then everyone is a hero

we are a whole species of heroes—thats why im not panicked about trump. things will fuckin suck, people will be hurt and die and suffer, and worst children will be affected poorly for life—but in every one of us is the arete to make things better, to stop his spreading hatred, and to help those injured thru him

i read Gilgamesh a few times yesterday because its comfort food and because it has one of the most emotionally authentic depictions of fear and sadness comminglin that ive seen. its thousands of fuckin years old, like mfer when this poo poo was pounded into tablets we had barely figured out how to get cities goin—but human nature dorsnt change, so its still relatable af

and since Gilgamesh weve raised quality of life for everyone, literally everyone, even thru plagues and war and fuckin mechanized total war and genocides and the conquest of eueasia on horsevack and everything else. its uncommon to rare to die during childbirth, and holy poo poo thats amazing in the sweep of history. we live in what maybe two centuries ago wouldve been palaces, amenities wise. we make less war and believe it or not more ethical war thab a lot of thevworld wouldve contemplated not twrribly long ago

ffs in the ptolemaic system the sphere of rhe moon was considered the dividing line vetween the falleband divine realms—weve stood on the moon, weve toyched the edge of the angels lands w human toes. weve sent out golden discs w blind willy johnson music as messages in bottles to literally anyone whos out there, because weve bexome a trustojg people who hate loneliness more thab the unknown

trump gonna gently caress poo poo up but the arc of humanity is very very very long and pointa strongly to the best of our character. there are dips but every single one w/o fail has peopl fighting and eventually winnijg

trump has succeeded. he will succeed more. just accept rgats the reality and step forward from tgedr. but trumpism will inevitavly fail, because we are, all of us, heroes, abd we are already fighting for a bettwr world

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Squizzle posted:

trump gonna gently caress poo poo up but the arc of humanity is very very very long and pointa strongly to the best of our character. there are dips but every single one w/o fail has peopl fighting and eventually winnijg
i agree with this a bunch but im kinda convinced this means weve lost the fight on climate change because it ill be too late in 4 years (maybe it already is , which is, eh, the best-case scenario???? somehow) and thats seriously depressing

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I just got an email telling people in the San Diego Community College District that everything is ok, and they're not gonna let president elect Trump expel dreamers. People are really freaking out.

On the flip side, I got more compliments on my Bernie shirt today than I have since the hight of Berniemania. I was getting weary smiles from the female Muslim students. I think even one weary smile from a terrified lady in a hijab, felt better than all the he-man Bernie-bro fist bumps in the world.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

things that are good in the world:

- women
- landscapes
- creating something like a chair or a painting
- booze
- reading a book under a blanket
- helping others
- :)

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.

Sai posted:

Catastrophic climate change was inevitable long before this election, if it makes you feel any better.

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

Konstantin posted:

Catastrophic climate change was inevitable long before this election, if it makes you feel any better.

thanks

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Sai posted:

things that are good in the world:

- women
- landscapes
- creating something like a chair or a painting
- booze
- reading a book under a blanket
- helping others
- :)

Trump

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lmao how was this gimmick not immediately banned

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Karl Barks posted:

lmao how was this gimmick not immediately IK'd

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

i have a feeling

he was ;)

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

omg it's zoux

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

omg it's zoux

hmmmmmmmmmmmm how can we be sure.......... we need some kind of test.................

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

aren't you getting wings you bastard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Karl Barks posted:

aren't you getting wings you bastard

u wanna try getting up off this couch high af!?!?!?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

clasic 'shop of mine from the primary days

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Sai posted:

TRUMP: Mexico is sending rapists to the US, muslims shouldn't be allowed in this country, execute the central park five, torture prisoners
HILLARY: trump's supporters sometimes arent very nice. oh no. im sorry. im sorry. i shouldnt have sad that. sorry

CONSENSUS: Trump won because hillary was so mean to teh whites

Brilliant strategic mind you have there. Not.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Solvent posted:

I just got an email telling people in the San Diego Community College District that everything is ok, and they're not gonna let president elect Trump expel dreamers. People are really freaking out.

On the flip side, I got more compliments on my Bernie shirt today than I have since the hight of Berniemania. I was getting weary smiles from the female Muslim students. I think even one weary smile from a terrified lady in a hijab, felt better than all the he-man Bernie-bro fist bumps in the world.

Cute!

Sai
Sep 20, 2004

UP AND ADAM posted:

Brilliant strategic mind you have there. Not.

gently caress you

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

:same:

All Sisyphus' silent joy is contained therein. His fate belongs to him. His rock is a thing. Likewise, the absurd man, when he contemplates his torment, silences all the idols. In the universe suddenly restored to its silence, the myriad wondering little voices of the earth rise up. Unconscious, secret calls, invitations from all the faces, they are the necessary reverse and price of victory. There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night. The absurd man says yes and his efforts will henceforth be unceasing. If there is a personal fate, there is no higher destiny, or at least there is, but one which he concludes is inevitable and despicable. For the rest, he knows himself to be the master of his days.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

these are some good as wings haha....... some bomb as wings lmao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Karl Barks posted:

clasic 'shop of mine from the primary days

most excellent :beerpal:

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx
I just checked D&D after the longest time and it's still just full of poo poo posters calling each other racists

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

you should check out cspam for the real laffs, its a flood of angry bernie dudes trying to revive lf

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
I don't really have much to report in, but I have enjoyed posting in C-Spam after the election and hopefully it sticks around during the next four years; I'm very excited to be part of this internet echo-chamber!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
it is crazy atm but once the dust settles, there will be some real clarifications for sure

the spirit of drunken nihilism and nothing matters persists

even more so now because it hasn't ended, we're still in a dream within a dream

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
good things about 2016:

Overwatch came out
World of warcraft is far better then it have since wrath
Cubs won the world series
i lost 20 lbs this year

this is all personal though.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

I'm gonna get an enormous joint tomorrow cause God knows what's gonna happen to legal weed in a Trump administration.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Guys I got banned for my toxx, but I have paid my dues and I am ready to return to society less than ten minutes after my sentence. Honestly, the timing on the 2nd RAINN donation for me was just kinda crappy; worked these past two days and my phone doesn't handle their website particularly well. No big deal, in any case.

Can I still get my Bad Hombre tag? I never did receive it, not sure if it was stuck in the pipes before my account paid for :abuela:'s sins.

EDIT: *after checking QCS* :eyepop::eyepop::eyepop:

Shinjobi has issued a correction as of 10:51 on Nov 11, 2016

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Everyone-i-know-is-dead-cover.jpg

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1ChKOqg90g

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

< haha check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KIND OF A KIM DEAL
Oct 28, 2016

by zen death robot

Al! posted:

< haha check it out

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776185&pagenumber=71&perpage=40#post466027461

:rip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XzAjfwQtvM

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

• Locked thread