Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tramadol Junkie
Aug 30, 2015

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

SplitSoul posted:

I'm just amazed that my facetious Iran-Aryan suggestion panned out.

Iranians ARE NOT Aryan. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Tramadol Junkie posted:

Iranians ARE NOT Aryan. :argh:

They can apply for Ehrenarier (Aryan, honoris causa) status though.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mithaldu posted:

For a while he used the online name "Neo Gert" in CS. Matrix, CS and "Gert", that's one of the most loving german things i've ever seen.

What does Gert mean?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Nothing, it's not special at all. Just a name that's super german by way of being in use in no other culture.

(and in 5 minutes someone shows me wrong)

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Mithaldu posted:

Nothing, it's not special at all. Just a name that's super german by way of being in use in no other culture.

(and in 5 minutes someone shows me wrong)

There's Geert Wilders over in the Netherlands but yeah I've not really seen that name before now that I think about it.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
This burqa is really muslimming on you honey

khwarezm
Oct 26, 2010

Deal with it.
I have to commend Germany's integration abilities when an Iranian background person can become a Hitler and Breivik loving, racist, murdering fascist.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Nerses IV posted:

It's not like Africa's really much better for gays, but I've got to laugh at shouting about the Spanish Inquisition re: treatment of gays. The Spanish Inquisition was downright tolerant compared to ISIS (or Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or whatever).

It's pretty funny because "The Spanish Inquisition" is mostly the result of Protestant German propaganda. The Inquisition was at the time the most humane court in Europe and prisoners often requested trial there rather than secular court. The purpose ot the Inquisition was to ensure that converts were practicing Catholicism correctly, as a way to save their souls. Now you can roll your eyes about it, but they quite reasonably came to the conclusion that someone cannot practice Catholicism correctly if they are dead, and they did everything they could to be lenient. Evidence wasn't admissible if torture was used, or sometimes if it was used excessively.

In any case, it was better than both ISIS or Saudi law in many ways.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

khwarezm posted:

I have to commend Germany's integration abilities when an Iranian background person can become a Hitler and Breivik loving, racist, murdering fascist.

yeah i gotta agree, dude went native pretty effectively

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

efficiently

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Shopping center evacuted in bremen after an algerian with ties with terrorists fled from a psychiatric facility

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Frosted Flake posted:

It's pretty funny because "The Spanish Inquisition" is mostly the result of Protestant German propaganda. The Inquisition was at the time the most humane court in Europe and prisoners often requested trial there rather than secular court. The purpose ot the Inquisition was to ensure that converts were practicing Catholicism correctly, as a way to save their souls. Now you can roll your eyes about it, but they quite reasonably came to the conclusion that someone cannot practice Catholicism correctly if they are dead, and they did everything they could to be lenient. Evidence wasn't admissible if torture was used, or sometimes if it was used excessively.

In any case, it was better than both ISIS or Saudi law in many ways.

some nice contrarian bullshit you got there friend

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

That mall has 170 shops.

unpacked robinhood posted:

ties with terrorists
Not ties, sympathy.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nerses IV posted:

My girlfriend used to get bullied by Muslims at school in Holland. I wonder how widespread that actually is. Doubt anyone's writing about it, hahah.

Bullying is loving serious now in the UK man. 16 year old girl had DNA taken for christs sake.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-36845738

Some dad posted:

She's had her DNA taken, finger prints, a mug shot. At no time was Emma's wellbeing, age and care taken into consideration.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Bitter Mushroom posted:

some nice contrarian bullshit you got there friend

New York TImes posted:

Throughout it all, the Inquisition remained the Spanish antecedent of the K.G.B. Among the first books to challenge this view was ''The Spanish Inquisition'' (1965), a pioneering study in which Henry Kamen, a young British graduate student, argued that the Inquisition was not nearly as cruel or as powerful as commonly believed, let alone an institution capable of precipitating Spain's decline. That book, though controversial, was partly responsible for a surge of quantitative studies, starting in the 70's, that attempted to classify and measure the extent of the Inquisition's activities from 1480, the year its first tribunal began work in Seville, until 1834, when it was abolished. These studies indicated that following an initial burst of activity against conversos suspected of relapsing into Judaism and a mid-16th-century pursuit of Protestants, the Inquisition served principally as a forum Spaniards occasionally used to humiliate and punish people they did not like: blasphemers, bigamists, foreigners and, in Aragon, homosexuals and horse smugglers.

This new scholarship also confirmed Kamen's contention that the Inquisition had relatively little impact on Spanish intellectual life. In fact, during its last two centuries, other than persecuting hundreds of Portuguese conversos who emigrated to Spain in the 17th century, the Inquisition busied itself mainly with cases designed to protect its authority and to exempt its notorious henchmen, the familiares -- laymen who served as the institution's supporters and occasional spies -- from the jurisdiction of civil courts. Kamen incor-porated these findings in a revised version of his original study published as ''Inquisition and Society in Spain in the 16th and 17th Centuries'' (1985).

https://www.nytimes.com/books/98/04/19/reviews/980419.19kagent.html
http://www.catholiceducation.org/en/controversy/the-inquisition/beyond-the-myth-of-the-inquisition-ours-is-the-golden-age.html
https://www.amazon.ca/Inquisition-Edward-Peters/dp/0520066308/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1469650687&sr=1-5&keywords=inquisition
https://www.amazon.ca/Spanish-Inquisition-Historical-Revision/dp/0300078803

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.
What the gently caress is wrong with me, I totally forgot this was GBS. The next person to post is a daft retard! Also, all muslims are ISIS supporters, all immigrants should go home, the Q'ran is evil, white people power. Sorry if I missed anything. Stay classy y'all!

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Mr Underhill posted:

the Q'ran is evil

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Is it a quake level ?

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Mr Underhill posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with me, I totally forgot this was GBS. The next person to post is a daft retard! Also, all muslims are ISIS supporters, all immigrants should go home, the Q'ran is evil, white people power. Sorry if I missed anything. Stay classy y'all!

You remind me of the Frank Grimes episode of the Simpsons and I hope you don't accidentally electrocute yourself while raging against gbs

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Mr Underhill posted:

People like you constantly drop into GBS and proceed to freak the gently caress out over imaginary things. With the exception of (soon to be banned if he's not already) Tramadol Junkie please point out one white supremacist post. Or is it that you know that people must be super racist and they're hiding it behind code words because you're a mind reader with highly tuned intuition?

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Man, Underhill needs to chill, but the shitposting is real and there's at least one other guy who got a ban, and some racist rear end in a top hat in the germany thread with a probation.

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Mithaldu posted:

Man, Underhill needs to chill, but the shitposting is real and there's at least one other guy who got a ban, and some racist rear end in a top hat in the germany thread with a probation.

Sounds like the mods are working as intended and anyone who isn't banned probably isn't advocating genocide.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

posting is magic

Mithaldu posted:

tramadol junkie is a loving lunatic so it's good he's gone.

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

SplitSoul posted:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/24/munich-gunman-was-planning-attack-for-a-year/
Well, of course, nobody is denying that she has legitimate grievances against Somali culture and its Islamic practices. Doesn't change the fact that she's a total hypocrite—lying to get asylum, running for a party that limited immigration for people in exactly the same situation—and that she's still pushing the "reformation" angle from an ignorant viewpoint.

Hirsi Ali didn't just live in Somalia and her grievances don't stem from just one culture. The Islamist that killed her friend Theo Van Gogh in the Netherlands and threatened her life was Moroccan. The reason she has to live in secrecy isn't because Somalis are butthurt that she talked bad about Somalia.

The common thread is Islamism and she's a uniquely qualified person to talk about the issues in the Muslim world, the plight of women in most Muslim societies, the issue of Islamists and Jihadis in the West and yet she is consistently maligned by people (especially liberal Westerners who claim to want peaceful tolerant societies) for reasons that I just can't fathom.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Dreddout posted:

Allahu Bratwurst!

Blessings upon you brother

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

RaceBannon posted:

Hirsi Ali didn't just live in Somalia and her grievances don't stem from just one culture. The Islamist that killed her friend Theo Van Gogh in the Netherlands and threatened her life was Moroccan. The reason she has to live in secrecy isn't because Somalis are butthurt that she talked bad about Somalia.

The common thread is Islamism and she's a uniquely qualified person to talk about the issues in the Muslim world, the plight of women in most Muslim societies, the issue of Islamists and Jihadis in the West and yet she is consistently maligned by people (especially liberal Westerners who claim to want peaceful tolerant societies) for reasons that I just can't fathom.

They're morally bankrupt cowards that want to spew the exact same kind of hate they accuse others of but need a socially acceptable excuse to do it so they can pretend they're still the good guys.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Why does anyone need "qualifications" to talk about how muslims treat women like poo poo?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

RobattoJesus posted:

I meant likable ones

I was going to recommend this Howard Bloom book but apparently it's out of print and only two copies are available for ~$200 despite it being like 3 years old. Is that normally what happens with books??

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010

SurfaceDetail posted:

Why does anyone need "qualifications" to talk about how muslims treat women like poo poo?

because if you try to talk about any concerns with islam nowadays without having read the quran in arabic, walked around the kaaba, and studied islamic history for 40 years you're considered "gross and racist" (in the words of ben affleck).

but apparently even if you have done those things and have arrived at conclusions that western liberals dont like - you're still gross and racist.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

RaceBannon posted:

because if you try to talk about any concerns with islam nowadays without having read the quran in arabic, walked around the kaaba, and studied islamic history for 40 years you're considered "gross and racist" (in the words of ben affleck).

but apparently even if you have done those things and have arrived at conclusions that western liberals dont like - you're still gross and racist.

Dont forget to correct everyone by saying, "Theyre not ALL like that"

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Thank God we have another Whaboutism for future Islamic terrorist attacks. Brevik was starting to get overplayed.

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jul 28, 2016

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

I enjoyed his company as a cautionary example.

I was probated for mocking his antisemitism, but it was good for my spiritual development.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Agag posted:

I was probated for mocking his antisemitism, but it was good for my spiritual development.

I'm glad you got time to work on your manifesto without distraction. welcome back!

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Agag posted:

Develop into a spirit irl

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

various cheeses posted:

The way of all flesh, various cheeses.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

He's not a lunatic, just a typical english with a lazy gimmick tacked on top

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

various cheeses posted:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

various cheeses posted:

:vince:

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Mange Mite posted:

He's not a lunatic, just a typical english with a lazy gimmick tacked on top

Iirc in Tramdol Junkie's rap sheet it appears he made a holocaust denier post. I'm not certain it wasn't a joke however.

Refering to specifically :

Tramadol Junkie posted:

No, camps did exist but no one was killed, they had swimming pools, entertainment.... gas chambers did not exist. The people died of illness's like typhoid and other diseases because medial supplies where in short supply due to the war.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Jul 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

RaceBannon posted:

She really isn't and she has always been totally clear that her views concerned Islam itself, as a monolith, not just Islamism or political Islam. Her personal experiences, which I haven't denied were horrible (although she openly lied about much of it), had coloured her views to the point where she became a proponent of military engagement with literally the entire Muslim world and its conversion to Christianity—whatever your thoughts are on the many varying issues with Muslim populations, Islamic practices, cultural practices, Islamism, failed integration, foreign policy, immigration, socioeconomics, crime, that's Ann Coulter levels of mad nonsense. As for her thoughts on "reformation" of Islam, she held up vaginal inspector and human-rights-for-women-conflict-with-sharia Al-Sisi as a shining example. She thinks Netanyahu deserves the Nobel Peace Prize, which she made known shortly after Israel had bombed some kids on a beach in Gaza. Breivik thought she deserved the Nobel Peace Prize; a man who quoted her repeatedly in his manifesto, and whom she believes was so victimised by political correctness that he was triggered into spending 9 years planning the systematic murder of a bunch of kids and an attempt to blow up the Norwegian government. She is also maried to a strong Eurabia theory proponent, for the record.

Can't imagine why, no.

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jul 28, 2016

• Locked thread