Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Explosions posted:

I got the feeling that 900px, which I'm using there, was a sort of unofficial maximum width. Are people going to complain if I bump it up to 1000?

900 is the maximum Baldurk will allow on the archive. If you don't care about that, then it's up to you. I personally wouldn't go much past that for embedded images, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Thanks Blind Sally, Admiral H. Curtiss and Lacedaemonius - that's three votes for going "full retro" on Half-Life, so that's definately the route I'm going to go.

In fact I think I'll even include a video of the CD installation process... with its obnoxious warning claxon noise that suddenly plays, before asking "Did you hear the sound?"

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

I agree, show the game off as it originally was.

Maybe see if you can do something about the audio skipping (Windows 10 has built-in CD drive emulation that might just work if you dump an ISO), though.

Hmm, one problem is that Half-Life will only ever play music from the first CD drive, it can't handle multiple CD drives. (If you have multiple disc drives and put your CD into your second drive, it will recognise the disc for piracy protection purposes, but plays no music.)

To get it to work, I think I'd need to make a fake emulated drive into drive D, and make the current drive D (my blu ray drive) into drive G. Is that possible?

Lacedaemonius posted:

Do this; it's a trivial matter to load up and play modern half-life whereas just finding pre-steam copiesーnevermind pre-won copies is a game in and of itself. There're also a lot more steam HL LPs out there already. Case-in-point I'm actually (kinda) doing one myself.

About the D3D/OpenGL issues, have you tried running the game on Xash3D? It may just be the compatibility layer you need.

Once you finish the main game, have you decided what additional mods you intend to run?

I think that Xash3D needs a later version of Half-Life to work - either a Steam version, or one of the later, thoroughly patched versions of WON (retail) Half-Life.

I'm curious when you say you're "kinda" doing one yourself, what do you mean, do you have a link?

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

your evil twin posted:

To get it to work, I think I'd need to make a fake emulated drive into drive D, and make the current drive D (my blu ray drive) into drive G. Is that possible?

Right-click on the Start menu button and hit Disk Management. You can set drive letters there.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

your evil twin posted:

Hmm, one problem is that Half-Life will only ever play music from the first CD drive, it can't handle multiple CD drives. (If you have multiple disc drives and put your CD into your second drive, it will recognise the disc for piracy protection purposes, but plays no music.)

You don't even need to re-map your BD drive and use the physical disk, you can just as easily use WinCDEmu to mount the files instead. idk about you, but every time I put anything in my dvd drive I can hear a jet take off.

your evil twin posted:

I'm curious when you say you're "kinda" doing one yourself, what do you mean, do you have a link?

Here you go.
Basically it's Half-Life but with the Counter-Strike gameplay.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!
Okay, so here's the intro post and the first part of the prologue.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=152232 - Intro - Conception 2: Children of the Seven Stars
https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=152234 - Update 1

Two things to note here.

1. I'm aware the character portraits are not done properly. On top of capturing some different expressions to use, I also have to figure out how to crop out the background elements without the image looking all jagged. Now that the test post is done, I'll be back to work on that aspect.

2. I uploaded some of the videos, then later found the raw video files within the local files of the game. I plan to go back and replace the ones I recorded with the raw files instead, since they are much sharper looking.

Anyway, let the criticism flow. Any further tips about streamlining things would be great. This is the process I had gone through by the end.

1. Recorded game footage for about half an hour (the intro is long, so this is all I really needed for now).
2. Transcribed all text manually. Assigned codes for character portraits as I went, such as [WakeSmile] or [FuukoSad]. This will be more useful once I actually get some different expression shots.
3. Went through the video and dialog together, grabbing screenshots with VLC.
4. Moved screenshots that I planned to use into a separate folder and renamed them in line with a code I used in the Notepad doc, to be replaced with URL later (Intro 1 - Aterra, Intro 2 - Forest, etc.)
5. Batch resized images to 850 wide.
6. Batch uploaded with RightLoad.
7. Manually clicked on 'Ignore' for like 40 images because RightLoad kept popping up an error message that stopped everything, yet still uploaded the images somehow.
8. Replaced screenshot codes with images one at a time.
9. Preview post on the forum to check for spelling and code errors.
10. Reviewed the entire post twice trying to find missing bold and italics tags.

Edit: Ugh. Seeing a whole lot of spelling errors and improper word usage. I'll have to go over it when I have some time that isn't in the middle of the night.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Sep 27, 2018

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Psycho Knight posted:

2. Transcribed all text manually. Assigned codes for character portraits as I went, such as [WakeSmile] or [FuukoSad]. This will be more useful once I actually get some different expression shots.

Do you really expect to be able to transcribe War & Peace as written by "It's not a phase, DAD"? Ignoring the human point-of-failure, just consider the discipline that'll demand.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Lacedaemonius posted:

Do you really expect to be able to transcribe War & Peace as written by "It's not a phase, DAD"? Ignoring the human point-of-failure, just consider the discipline that'll demand.

The transcribing was actually the least painful part. I've done transcription in school and did some courtroom transcription after that, I'm used to it. Just put on some music and go. I do wish I had a set of those sweet foot pedals though. God, I could burn through so much with the foot pedals.

Imaging is what I hated most of this. I suck at editing or manipulating pictures.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Sep 27, 2018

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Funny, I can and do spend a lot of time painstakingly perfecting my images but in turn I dread writing commentary.

Looking at the test posts... first thing that jumps out is that your OP is a big-rear end wall o' text. Like, there's so much stuff that it's far more likely to scare people away outright than help inform them. If I were you I'd definitely trim it down a lot, down to 1/3 or 1/4 of its current length maybe, and perhaps add some relevant images or something inbetween to break it up a bit. You can also take some of that information and spread it out a bit over the updates themselves instead of frontloading it all so hard.

Speaking of, the start of the update itself could use some of that information. If I'm like most people and only skim the OP for a broad overview, I'll be pretty lost right off the bat. Why is this guy on this boat coming to this island, and why is he suddenly in a forest? Where does this pink-haired girl and this other guy suddenly appear from? And so forth. If it's supposed to be a contextless opening that'll make more sense later then you should maybe point out as much. Either way, since it's the beginning you oughta take the time to properly introduce these people and what's going on in a little more detail.

Like in the OP, in the combat bits I'd break up things a lot more. Like here for example:

quote:

Here we have the battle screen. The turn order, Chain Drive gauge and Ether Density are shown at the bottom, while your battle options are along the top left. The bottom left will display the icons of whatever enemy or enemies you are about to hit with your attack. I've selected attack already in this shot as it is the only option right now, but if I was cycling through the battle options menu then the bottom left circle would be displaying the HP/MP of the current ally team. Below that target select circle is the Bond Gauge, which we'll get to in a bit. For this battle, our only option is to attack the monster physically. There are multiple 'circles' on the battlefield that enemies and allies can move to, but enemies always occupy the middle and allies always occupy one of the four sections surrounding an enemy. As you can see above, the sections can each hold one team at a time. Only Wake and the accompanying heroine can occupy a zone with a Star Child team already in it. When a zone is red, you can't move there, while green means you can. The blue arrow along the top right is indicating which direction the selected units are attacking from. Some attacks are capable of hitting from multiple angles at once. All enemies have a weak spot somewhere, with some having multiple, that will cause bonus damage. The blue attack direction arrow turns red when you select an angle of attack that will hit the monsters weak spot.

quote:

-will greatly increase the gauge. If the gauge hits one of those white marks on an attack then the enemy will be Chained. Chained enemies are slowed down, which lets you get more attacks in. It also increases the combo count, which increases damage and adds on bonus exp/money at the end of the battle. Chained status wears off when any monster gets a turn. If you can max out the gauge while fighting three enemies then it will trigger a Chain Drive that chains all the enemies at once. Here is where you learn that Speed is probably the most important stat in this game. Speed determines turn order in this game. That means that if your teams have beefy Speed stats, you will have a better chance at outrunning enemies and you will get more turns in. Chaining slows the enemy down and wears off when any monster gets a turn. You should be able to see where this is going. If you're fast, you'll get more turns to combo enemies which will increase the combo length and result in higher damage, better experience, and more money. If your Speed stat is garbage, then an enemy turn will likely follow up just as you manage to Chain one of them, immediately undoing it. You might be able to get one combo in, but that's probably it. If you don't bother with your speed stat, then you may as well aim for weak point attacks instead since you'll never be able to take advantage of Chaining to any noticeable degree. Of course, due to the difficulty of the game (or lack thereof), all of this is technically unnecessary. Making full use of these systems just helps you obliterate enemies instead of merely smearing them across the dungeon floor. In my original Vita playthrough I paid no attention to speed at all and always aimed for the weak point. The only thing approaching a difficult fight was against one particular boss near the end stretch of the game. The boss isn't smart or--you know what, we'll get to that eventually. We've completed the qualifying examination (that someone uploaded behind Ruby's back because the actual test is a joke), so it's time for Wake to get his results.

Those some real ol' information bricks that nobody is going to enjoy reading. What I'd do is slow it down a bit and take it in pieces, for example cropping the UI elements and cover them one at a time, like

quote:

Explanation of what this thing is

Explanation of what this thing is

And so forth. Or something like that, as long as it's not just an exhausting wall of terms and mechanics. Show a bit more and tell a bit less here.

Well, that's what I've got from a brief look. I think if you balance out the information flow better, it'll look pretty solid.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Kanfy posted:

Funny, I can and do spend a lot of time painstakingly perfecting my images but in turn I dread writing commentary.

Looking at the test posts... first thing that jumps out is that your OP is a big-rear end wall o' text. Like, there's so much stuff that it's far more likely to scare people away outright than help inform them. If I were you I'd definitely trim it down a lot, down to 1/3 or 1/4 of its current length maybe, and perhaps add some relevant images or something inbetween to break it up a bit. You can also take some of that information and spread it out a bit over the updates themselves instead of frontloading it all so hard.

Speaking of, the start of the update itself could use some of that information. If I'm like most people and only skim the OP for a broad overview, I'll be pretty lost right off the bat. Why is this guy on this boat coming to this island, and why is he suddenly in a forest? Where does this pink-haired girl and this other guy suddenly appear from? And so forth. If it's supposed to be a contextless opening that'll make more sense later then you should maybe point out as much. Either way, since it's the beginning you oughta take the time to properly introduce these people and what's going on in a little more detail.

Like in the OP, in the combat bits I'd break up things a lot more. Like here for example:

Those some real ol' information bricks that nobody is going to enjoy reading. What I'd do is slow it down a bit and take it in pieces, for example cropping the UI elements and cover them one at a time, like

And so forth. Or something like that, as long as it's not just an exhausting wall of terms and mechanics. Show a bit more and tell a bit less here.

Well, that's what I've got from a brief look. I think if you balance out the information flow better, it'll look pretty solid.

I'm just terrible at it, and I don't know any of the tricks or tools to make what I do not look like jagged rear end. I still can't get the drat character heads removed from the background. Like, I can select it, but I can't find a way to separate that into its own image. I might mess with Irfanview to see if I can do it there.

Thanks for the run down. You can see I don't mind the writing process since I don't stop writing. I need to work on that.

I would have to fiddle with this post to make some of your suggested changes though. It's pushing the 50,000 limit as it is.

Could I try linking the battle tutorial to a post of it's own? Only other thing I can think of is to put in the original tutorial battle, which just has you attack one time, but then the update is basically 100% Visual Novel.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
So I had an absolute nightmare trying to get a virtual drive to work with an image file of the Half-Life CD. Spent at least 3 hours, but eventually things worked out!

The Half-Life disc is both a data disc and a CD Audio disc, you can put it in a car stereo and it plays the soundtrack. Normal ISO files are only for data discs, not CD audio tracks. So it needed to be a .bin and .cue file. I did countless attempts with a whole bunch of programs (ImgBurn, WinCDEmu, PowerISO, Ultra ISO) but no matter what program I used to make the .bin and .cue image, and no matter which program I used to create a virtual drive, I'd get an error message saying the .cue file was corrupt, OR the Half-Life disc image would would seemingly be mounted, but then Windows wouldn't recognise it as a proper audio CD. (The game wouldn't play the music, and when I used Windows Media Player it would think there was a blank disc in that virtual drive.)

Eventually, I decided to use Windows Media Player to rip the music files from the original CD and turn them into MP3 files. I then created a brand new Audio CD by burning the tracks onto a blank CD-R disc. I intentionally duplicated the first music track, so that it was both track 1 and track 2. (That's because on the real Half-Life disc, "track 1" is the game data, and the CD audio music tracks are tracks 2 to 28. So to prevent the game playing the wrong tracks in the wrong parts, it was important to have a dummy track 1 on there so that the first song would be listed as track 2. )

My intention was to then turn this newly burnt audio CD into an image file - a .bin and .cue file - and mount that. (I figured a pure audio CD with no game data on it would have a better chance of being properly recognised when mounted on a virtual drive - Half-Life will play any ordinary music CD that you happen to have in your drive.)

However, as an experiment, I tried playing Half-Life with this newly burnt audio CD in my blu ray drive... and it worked perfectly, with no stuttering. So for some reason my blu ray player is better at playing the music from this CD-R disc than the original retail CD, despite the original disc being in pristine condition. Perhaps something about it being both a data disc and a music CD makes the blu ray player treat the disc strangely, while it finds it easier to play a CD-R that has nothing but CD audio on it.

In any case, thanks for the helpful suggestions - while it isn't the solution that you lot were suggesting, I wouldn't have stumbled upon this fix without all those failed attempts at mounting it on a virtual drive. So, great success! I can now do the retro Half-Life Let's Play, and have CD music with no stuttering. Of course I'll be using the same solution for the Blue Shift / Opposing Force soundtracks as well.

Lacedaemonius posted:

Here you go.
Basically it's Half-Life but with the Counter-Strike gameplay.

Aha! Definitely going to check that out. :)

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Sep 27, 2018

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Psycho Knight posted:

1. I'm aware the character portraits are not done properly. On top of capturing some different expressions to use, I also have to figure out how to crop out the background elements without the image looking all jagged. Now that the test post is done, I'll be back to work on that aspect.
I found some sprite sheets for the Vita version of the game here, including a compilation of character busts. I don't know if all of the characters and expressions are included, because I haven't downloaded the zip file, but it should make some of your work easier, at least.

Psycho Knight posted:

8. Replaced screenshot codes with images one at a time.
Admiral H. Curtiss has a solution for that one. Just name your screenshot codes the same as the image file (sans extension) and add a wrapper (I use brackets - []) and the program will auto-insert the extension and BBCode. For my Wild Arms LP, I was going with something like [LPWildArms01-001], with the first number being the number of the update the image was in, and the second being the screenshot number, usually in chronological order.

Psycho Knight posted:

[url]https://=https://youtu.be/nCym8oueWVI[/url] - Wake's Entrance
This YouTube link is broken. You can either do it like this:
code:
[url="https://youtu.be/nCym8oueWVI"]Wake's Entrance[/url]
Or like this:
code:
[url]https://youtu.be/nCym8oueWVI[/url] - Wake's Entrance.

Psycho Knight posted:

I'm just terrible at it, and I don't know any of the tricks or tools to make what I do not look like jagged rear end. I still can't get the drat character heads removed from the background. Like, I can select it, but I can't find a way to separate that into its own image. I might mess with Irfanview to see if I can do it there.

Thanks for the run down. You can see I don't mind the writing process since I don't stop writing. I need to work on that.

I would have to fiddle with this post to make some of your suggested changes though. It's pushing the 50,000 limit as it is.

Could I try linking the battle tutorial to a post of it's own? Only other thing I can think of is to put in the original tutorial battle, which just has you attack one time, but then the update is basically 100% Visual Novel.
Mechanics updates explaining how combat works and stuff like that are totally fine, I'd just make sure that you have enough stuff to fill out a decent-sized update.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Commander Keene posted:

I found some sprite sheets for the Vita version of the game here, including a compilation of character busts. I don't know if all of the characters and expressions are included, because I haven't downloaded the zip file, but it should make some of your work easier, at least.

Admiral H. Curtiss has a solution for that one. Just name your screenshot codes the same as the image file (sans extension) and add a wrapper (I use brackets - []) and the program will auto-insert the extension and BBCode. For my Wild Arms LP, I was going with something like [LPWildArms01-001], with the first number being the number of the update the image was in, and the second being the screenshot number, usually in chronological order.

This YouTube link is broken. You can either do it like this:
code:
[url="https://youtu.be/nCym8oueWVI"]Wake's Entrance[/url]
Or like this:
code:
[url]https://youtu.be/nCym8oueWVI[/url] - Wake's Entrance.
Mechanics updates explaining how combat works and stuff like that are totally fine, I'd just make sure that you have enough stuff to fill out a decent-sized update.

I can't access it just yet, but I might hop on my PC real quick to check. If it is the rips of the art then holy poo poo do I owe you one. I tried looking for this stuff in the game files and online, but I was searching for artwork. I didn't think to use 'sprites'. God that would make these updates sooooo much easier on me. Transcript stuff is piss easy for me, but I was dreading everything related to headshots.

I've seen the auto replace thing mentioned here before, I just haven't tried it out yet. I did forget about it while writing though.

Looks like a copy-paste screw up. I was trying the first method because I like having nice neat labels on things, but it wasn't working for me when I tested the post in Preview here on the forums. I'll try again when I go to make the changes suggested so far.

As for mechanics updates, yes, I can get a good sized post out of a battle explanation. This game has a lot of loving mechanics that barely get used due to how easy it is.

Really appreciate this post. The character art alone would allow me to do up a post in like a day or two.

Edit: Hmm, all the character busts are in pieces, but it seems made for assembling into full portraits. Backgrounds are black, so if needed then it should be easy to magic select it. I'll mess with it tomorrow when I sit down to work on things. It does have the bust of every class unit though, so that's pretty helpful. Those wouldn't have been as hard to get as the main characters, but it still saves time.

Between that and the raw movie files I've got this should be all I need. The only time consuming part of the update now will be grinding. Transcription will take some time too, but that's just a matter of sitting down with some music or a podcast and hammering away.

Much appreciated Commander Keene.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 28, 2018

Xaldin007
May 3, 2018
This doubles as my first time posting and working on an SSLP, so here we go. I've pretty much just been a lurker before now. Any advice or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=152251 - Intro - Battle Moon Wars
https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=150994 - Stage 1

For my first update I basically did everything manually, but I've since then talked to another user and figured out how to automate some of the steps with some programs. That was already speeding up the process for the second update, so fortunately it doesn't look like it'll take me TOO long to do these. But I figured I'd hold off on any future updates to see if my current format is just atrocious or not.

My process right now is as follows:

1. Record game. I use an Elgato.
2. Transcribe text into Word/Set place markers for character portraits and screenshots.
3. Take screenshots. I just take snapshots through VLC Player for this.
5. Resize screenshots to 856x481. I just use Paint for this.
4. Make additional portraits for new characters/expressions. I extract portraits from the game's files and edit them with a site called Pixlr.
5. Upload all images to LPix with ShareX.
6. Update portrait and screenshot excel sheets with LPix links, then run it through with a Word program to replace the previously set markers with the image links.
7. Finishing touches. Include appropriate music links and create videos for attacks and other scenes worth showing off.
8. Review.

I doubt I'm doing everything in the fastest way possible, but I'm trying to streamline as much of it as I can.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
A couple things that jump out are your character profiles could probably be a bit smaller, I'd crop out the black space around the images, and I'd probably go with jpeg over png (like your first image is 600 kb, but as a jpeg it's only 87). Also I feel like there might be some tips from people with setting up something like Avspmod to more quickly take screenshots or Infraview to do a combination of capture and bulk resize/cropping.

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

First second of all, thats improper use of appostrophe's, and second first of all, please don't.

On to the technical.

Format looks fine.

856x481??? What's with that arbitrary image size?

You should crop out the black borders.

You appear to be recording lossy video yet screenshotting as pngs. This leads to this one update being 40 megs. Try capturing lossless video, first of all. But jpg is probably better for a game like this anyway.

Your portraits are really big, so it takes a lot of scrolling to get through all the text. They only need to be big enough to make out who the character is and their expression; you could easily shrink them by half.

(no i still have not learned to refresh the thread before i post why do you ask)

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Sep 28, 2018

Xaldin007
May 3, 2018

discworld is all I read posted:

A couple things that jump out are your character profiles could probably be a bit smaller, I'd crop out the black space around the images, and I'd probably go with jpeg over png (like your first image is 600 kb, but as a jpeg it's only 87). Also I feel like there might be some tips from people with setting up something like Avspmod to more quickly take screenshots or Infraview to do a combination of capture and bulk resize/cropping.

Right, I actually totally forgot those images were png. This game had some...issues when trying to record it. Didn't even think about resizing the portraits so I'll get on that. I'll check out both Avspmod and Infraview as well. Thanks.

vilkacis posted:

First second of all, thats improper use of appostrophe's, and second first of all, please don't.

On to the technical.

Format looks fine.

856x481??? What's with that arbitrary image size?

You should crop out the black borders.

You appear to be recording lossy video yet screenshotting as pngs. This leads to this one update being 40 megs. Try capturing lossless video, first of all. But jpg is probably better for a game like this anyway.

Your portraits are really big, so it takes a lot of scrolling to get through all the text. They only need to be big enough to make out who the character is and their expression; you could easily shrink them by half.

I had technical difficulties just getting the game to run, let alone record. The 856x481 size was just how the first images were sized by default when I took snapshots from my Elgato itself so I tried to keep it consistent with VLC snapshots. Why it went to that resolution I have no idea as no other game I've ever recorded has done so. Recordings of this game originally didn't play in VLC for reasons entirely unbeknownst to me so I had to fiddle around with the file type just to get it to play in that and get more accurate screenshots. Then there's some issue with recording that causes the feed to just die at exactly 23 minutes into recording so I had to keep resetting everything every time that happened, which was again something I've never had a game do to me before. I just sort of settled for whatever I could get to work for now and tried to take it from there.

With my technical issues I think getting lossless video at this point is impossible, at least for someone with my limited knowledge. I will definitely switch these to jpg, crop the borders, and shrink the portraits though. Thanks for the advice.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Okay, so I think I've managed to get some decent expression busts (at least for the characters that appear in the first update). It was still a lot of screwing around and playing Mr. Potato Head with all the art assets Commander Keene linked to.

How do these look?

Irfanview is jagging up the image when I resize and try to keep the transparency. Is there anyway to fix this from happening?

This is one without compression and saving transparency during resize.

Here's one with the default compression and saving transparency.

Would you guys suggest any of these over the others? I see a lot of transparent background character busts, but the black background looks a little cleaner, even if it's hard to make out some of the details because of the colors. I've got 250x250 original files that look fine, but those are too big to use as is. I want to get this nailed down before I have to spend a bunch of time on the other characters. I still have like 6 of the heroines plus some side NPC's.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Sep 29, 2018

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

The second one looks best to me.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Psycho Knight posted:

Okay, so I think I've managed to get some decent expression busts (at least for the characters that appear in the first update). It was still a lot of screwing around and playing Mr. Potato Head with all the art assets Commander Keene linked to.

How do these look?

Irfanview is jagging up the image when I resize and try to keep the transparency. Is there anyway to fix this from happening?

This is one without compression and saving transparency during resize.

Here's one with the default compression and saving transparency.

Would you guys suggest any of these over the others? I see a lot of transparent background character busts, but the black background looks a little cleaner, even if it's hard to make out some of the details because of the colors. I've got 250x250 original files that look fine, but those are too big to use as is. I want to get this nailed down before I have to spend a bunch of time on the other characters. I still have like 6 of the heroines plus some side NPC's.

I don't think any of them look great, to be honest. You'd probably want to replace the transparency with a flat colour that isn't black to start with, then resize and get rid of that colour. Black doesn't work because the border of the portrait's dark already, or might even be outlined in black. You'll probably want something that clashes with everything else - say, white in this case.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Epicmissingno posted:

I don't think any of them look great, to be honest. You'd probably want to replace the transparency with a flat colour that isn't black to start with, then resize and get rid of that colour. Black doesn't work because the border of the portrait's dark already, or might even be outlined in black. You'll probably want something that clashes with everything else - say, white in this case.

So then recolor to a white background and just stick to that? Or should I still be trying to get the transparency? Irfanview went with black during resize. Not sure if there's a way to change that or not. I'll have to poke around the settings.

Epicmissingno
Jul 1, 2017

Thank gooness we all get along so well!

Psycho Knight posted:

So then recolor to a white background and just stick to that? Or should I still be trying to get the transparency? Irfanview went with black during resize. Not sure if there's a way to change that or not. I'll have to poke around the settings.

Yes, recolour the background, but no, don't stick to that. A way I found to fill in transparency with white was just opening the image up in Paint and saving immediately, since that program can't handle transparency. Then you resize and put transparency back in (I use GIMP for this, but it's not ideal).

Or, at least, that's what works for me. It might be a really bad way of doing things.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
IIRC Irfanview can't handle full alpha transparency either, resize with something like imagemagick or GIMP or Paint.NET or whatever instead.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

IIRC Irfanview can't handle full alpha transparency either, resize with something like imagemagick or GIMP or Paint.NET or whatever instead.

Thanks, I just tried GIMP instead and it seems like that did it. I didn't know that about Irfanview and alpha transparency. I just went with it for batch purposes. I'll use GIMP for the character portraits instead. Thankfully I don't believe I will need to do any more transparent images for this LP.

I assume this fixed the problem of course. That's up for you guys to judge. GIMP resize on the left and first (Irfanview) resize on the right.

Here are just some extra ones done in GIMP to check for consistency.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Sep 29, 2018

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
they look much improved! if you think the quality is where you want it to be, it might be time to :justpost: the thread.

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Blind Sally posted:

they look much improved! if you think the quality is where you want it to be, it might be time to :justpost: the thread.

It's nowhere near that yet unfortunately. Once I get the character portraits out of the way, then I need to redo the test post I did and make the changes suggested earlier (mainly the text heavy battle introduction).

I also have to go back through and remove the test portraits so I can put in all the fancy matching expressions. Looks weird to have every character portrait smiling even when, for example, one dude is about to be torn to pieces by monsters.

On the plus side, I'm glad to hear that I finally have the portraits nailed down. This is by far the worst part of getting this LP off the ground for me personally. Anyway, I'll get back into my editing groove tonight and try to finish up every character so that I don't end up scrambling to edit them as they become needed.

EDIT
-----------------------

Okay, so here's Update 1 Test Post - Version 2

The video links still aren't working. Is that a thing with the SSLP Test Poster? I previewed the post in the forums and the links worked there, but as soon as it goes to the test post it pops up like that.

Here are the cutscene links for the two included in the test post. These are the raw video files I uploaded as well, so the quality is improved compared to my first test post where I trimmed them from my gameplay recording.
Welcome to Fort City Island
Forest Battle

Edit 2: Oh you have got to be kidding me. One of Fuuko's bust layers is screwed up so her hair is behind the headband instead of through the hole. :negative: Time for another round of image reviews. drat layers.

Psycho Knight fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Oct 1, 2018

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
please change the title of the let's play forum to be 'Let's Capture" so we do not lose the chinese market

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Psycho Knight posted:

The video links still aren't working. Is that a thing with the SSLP Test Poster? I previewed the post in the forums and the links worked there, but as soon as it goes to the test post it pops up like that.

Yeah, the test poster is missing a few things that work on the forums. Certain smilies aren't enabled either. But for the most part, it's sufficient.

As for your post, I think it looks good, but I'd suggest ditching the colons after portraits, I just think having them "hanging in the air" like that looks ugly and they aren't really necessary.

You also have one randomly at the start of a line in one place - : Here we have Fort City...

And you have used both dashes and asterisks to indicate action ( -Wake, Fuuko, and Chlotz leave- / *Shaking stops. There's a short-circuit noise, then a fizzling sound* )

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

vilkacis posted:

Yeah, the test poster is missing a few things that work on the forums. Certain smilies aren't enabled either. But for the most part, it's sufficient.

As for your post, I think it looks good, but I'd suggest ditching the colons after portraits, I just think having them "hanging in the air" like that looks ugly and they aren't really necessary.

You also have one randomly at the start of a line in one place - : Here we have Fort City...

And you have used both dashes and asterisks to indicate acgtion ( -Wake, Fuuko, and Chlotz leave- / *Shaking stops. There's a short-circuit noise, then a fizzling sound* )

Good to know, thanks. I thought I was doing something wrong with the url code.

I'll take your advice on the colon placement. I just wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not, so I figured better to put them in just in case.

As for the other stuff, those are things I fixed like three times while trying out the preview and they are apparently not sticking. I do have those changes made in my notepad code though, so I don't know what the hell. Maybe my clipboard was having issues and kept pasting old material. Still, I appreciate it being pointed out since I have to keep an eye on it whenever I go to post. Once I get those character busts finished (and Fuuko's fixed) then I think I'll be happy enough with the quality to post.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Psycho Knight posted:

URL tags work fine for the test poster. If you're embedding them, then that might be the cause of the issue and probably something you'd want to not do in-thread anyway (it can be a real resource drain if there's a lot of embeds in one page for example and it doesn't work on the Archive at all).

e; Oh. Now that I've looked at it, I'm pretty sure the reason the links don't seem to be working is just because you left out the "https://" at the start. :v:

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Putty posted:

please change the title of the let's play forum to be 'Let's Capture" so we do not lose the chinese market

right after I got the name changed emmyOK suggested "Let's Slay" in the mod forum and now i feel like a damned fool for trying so hard to stick to the "LP" acronym and missing out on a far superior October rename.

now I'm considering requesting another change...

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Lads Purée

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Let's Play but the letter lines slowly rearrange themselves into M U R D E R

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ha, knowing Radium's code something like that would probably set the forums on fire

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Ŵͨ̐ͧ̋̆ͫ̽̊́̇ͩ̚҉̨͠͏̗̖̩͔̳͖̮̗͉͔̣͍̠̱͈͍̰Hͧ͛ͮ͑̋̆̀ͤ̅͏̷͉͕̬͕̲̙̜̳͙̺̘͖̥͍̭̬̳͘ͅA̛͎̣̩͇̼̻̭̯͎͉̪͓̹̹͇̯̮̔͋̌̈́͋͞T̷͚̬̣͙̥̟̹̰͍̾̉ͨ͂͐͌̉̾͒ͮ͊̈͜͟ ̘̪͉̳̫͖̳̝̩̭̯̥̝͒̂ͤ̋͐ͬ̓̂́́͡͡H̘̠͉̠̤̞ͦ̇ͥ̈͑͒͟͞͝Á̱͍̞͕̫̭̦̲̩̫̰̀̈͐̾͋ͮ̋͆͗̂̋̔̾̈́́́́͜V͇̻͔̥͉̮̳͎̼̞͈ͮ͂̓̍͋̕͟ͅE͎̩̫̳̦̰̝̮̪̓̒̇̽͋͑̆̀̃̿̾̌̀̕͝ͅ ̨̳̯̗̼̖̫̣̳͑̑ͬ̍ͯ̽̄ͤ͜ͅỴ̢̬̭̙ͬ̍̄͌̈́͐̆̆̊͟͠͡Ǫ͇͕̯͍̼͕͕͓̣̭̞͚͓̬̟̫̱ͨ̋̅̾ͥ̓ͬͪ͋̉ͪͦͮ̍̀̚͘͢͢ͅU͛̃ͫ̌̎̆͛̽ͤ͑ͦͥ̽͆͊̀ͬ̇̚҉̖͚͙̯̙͓̣͖̤̹̼͓̹͢ ̶̵̢̢͉͓̮͈̭͍̥̪̣̺͎͙̗̼̬̩̿̍̆ͤ̃̊̌̐̓̓̆̄ͪ̐̔̍ͮ̒ͅͅD̥̞̙͚̺͔̩͕̮̥̘̘̹͋̐̂ͨ̓̍͛̋̏ͬ̀̀̒͛͒̃ͫ̅́͠͡͡ͅƠ̢̧̱͓̭̥̥̳̰̎́̉ͯ̊͗̈͠͡N̛̬̟̘̼͙̣̰͍̦̺̍ͣ̀͒̒̀͢E̎̌ͩ̊ͧ͏̶̼̩̙͖̗̪͇̟̲͚͘͞ͅ ̛ͣ̓͐͊̎̈́͒͏̠̣̱̖̠̘͔̖̤̗̼͘Ẉ̵̺̘̤̺̱̪͈̱̺̩͇͕̳̖̭̪͉̯ͧ̊̏̆̏̓͆ͧͥ̾ͪ͑̒̎ͩ̾̀H̡͙̣̘̭͌̆̍̀̕͟͠A̴̭̰̹̩̖̓ͣͣ͐ͤ̇̐ͧ̔̒̋̋͛̈́͟͜Tͣ͛̓̐ͮ͌͗ͯ̿͏̴̧̳̞̞͕̫͚̦̪̤̯͕̟͙̟ ͇͓̻̭̬͔̰͕̈ͭ̅ͩ͋ͮͨ̑̈́ͫ͝ͅH̷̢̭̥͉̪̲̘̰̋ͦͬͯ͐́͂ͭ͂̽̄ͫ̊̆̌ͤͥͤ̚̕͟A̩̭͖͍̖̪̭͔̲̘̞̯̹̙̗͕̳̔͗̇ͥͫ̎͂̚̕͠͡͝V̢̪̳̜̗͈͖̺̺ͦ̑ͪ͋̊ͮͦͮͧ͗ͧ̓̀͜E̷̡̩̬̤̹̘ͦ̓ͦͣ̔̅̊ͣͨ͒̏ͤͬͩ͝ ̡̻̭͓̲̰͚̞̣͔̟̯̟̩̈́̈͆ͨ̕Y̷̸̩̪͕̭̜̲͇̗̼̭̰̹̭̘͚̹̫̎̐̐̐́̉ͤ́ͨ̒ͦͭ͟͝Ơ͂͗̊̃͟҉̪̳͔̣̲͍͇̘̰͈̩Ư̡̘͎͍̩̜̺̖͉̟͙̰̣̻͕̠̗̗̻͖͗̅͆̊̅ͯ͗̔̂̆ͪ͞ ̶̞͔͓̬̣̞̤̯͙̙͙̰̬̺̗̂̓̏͌̆͡D̴̛̬͉̖̦͇̬͑̈͂ͯ͑ͪ̃͒ͣ̕͢͡Ȍ̢̧̱̯̦͔͇̜͇͍̲̰̗̰̫̞͇ͦ͛ͮ͛͑ͯ͑̄̊̃̾ͭͮ̃̀̚ͅN̸̡͎̠̘̲̜̳̙͖̳̯̳̺̺͓̦̼̪̳̈́͆̆ͣ̎̆̚͜E̓̃͌͗ͪ̑́̈̇̔̈́́̓̎̂̊͏̸̟̩͓̼̰͓͓̭̘ͅ ̸̸̦̙͓̥̲̲̤̫̰͓̫͍͚͈͔̝̘̄ͫ̈̒͒̋ͥͭͭͭͯ̐̈́́̀͡ͅW̴͖͓̪͚͈̩̙̪̦͔͕̞̻̥̘̬̉̀ͮͤ̀ͥ̽̃̋̈̚̚ͅH̵̷̩̠̳͈̭̥̜͓̰̟̺͙͖̿́͒̒̒̊͛ͣ̄͒ͪ̀͆ͭ̓͒͗ͅA̦̳͙ͣ͋̔͗ͬͩͮ̀͡͞ͅT̡̈́͂̽̚҉̵̢̱̺͚͓̭̱͔̠̲́ ̸̡̙͍̙̰̞̫̫̰͇̫͙͇̥̝͙ͥ͐̈̂ͫ̒̋̃͂ͯͣͭͥ̎ͮ̏ͥ͊̒ͅH̷̸̲͚̥̠͕̺͈͊͑̂́̀̚͟ͅA̴̷̙͓͈̠̻͖̼̪̳̮̩̿̋͋̏͛́̽̓̆͆̒̏ͤ̂ͯ̒̂ͣV̷̶̧̙̜̣̪͚͈̘͖̬͉̞̼̥̹̙̾̊̊̆̾̎̉͐̄̈̋̀̓͐È̵̡̛̪̹͔̺ͩ̈́̑̍̾̓͒ͭ͊̓̓̑̀͢ ̶̨̫͕̬͎͍̠̯̼̋ͩ̿̊ͧ͊̄ͮ̂̒̄̐ͪ͛̅́͞Yͥ̒́̇͂̂ͩ͞͏̭̣̦̻̻̭O̧̢̞͚̯͚͍̬̲̖͉̯̞͖͕̱̰͊̐̍͑̓͋̌ͯ̚̕͠Ȕ̶͎̖̭̭̘̹͙̞͕ͣ͋ͫ̊͟͡ ̸̡̧̤̖̳͎̯͓̳̤̿ͪ̾̔ͦ̓ͭͨͩ̔ͨ́ͥ̋̄ͩͮD̸̓̌ͮͭ͌̀͑̀҉̙̼̹̹̺̖̲̫̖͎̞͎̪͞O̢̢̞̹̺̙͚̟̳̲̝͚̠̣̠͔ͨ̃͑̊͂͌ͨ̒̊̈́̅̂̂ͤ͛Ņ̧͈̦͚͚͕̟̥̹̗̈ͦͣ̉̾͂͑̉͞Ẽ̈̄̃ͨͧͮ̄͐̈́̊̍̔̌̎̊̚҉̟͙̝̜͖͈̜̖͉̤̹̕͜͡ ͓̞̳͇̤̞͈͛̒͆̾̂̓͒̕͡͡ͅW̷̛̝͉̬̪̹̱̙̭̮̮̰̰̮͖ͨ̈́̊̓ͫ̌̾͐̄̾̾̆ͭ͌ͧ̌ͫ̏͝͡ͅH̶̷̰̥̮̭͍̜̯̝̝̖̺̉ͬͭ̈̌ͥ̐́͜͟À̸̡͙̩̠̳̙̞̝͇̜̗ͫ͋̂̔̃͂ͮ̓̃̉̆́T̴̨̛̮̥͖̤͔̖̞̯̪̣̭̜̣͚̹̜͍̍̆̎ͣ̅̈́ͣ͂ͭ͆̾ͣ͒́̚̕ͅͅ ̈͛͐ͧ҉̭̻̫̟́͟H̝̗̣̬̰̟̠̗̰̪̗̓ͦ̐̐ͥ̽̓ͣ̿ͤ̀͘͟A̡ͪͫ̅̎̒ͨ̚҉҉̴͚̯̱̣̜͇͓̹V̷̧̢̛̟̖̲̼̙̟̦͔̩̜̒̐̾̎ͫ͒̉͗ͦͮ͑̐̐̂̉̃͒ͬͫ͜E̦̳͉̩̬̰̪͇̲̘̲͙̤̐̈́̋̄̎̉̂́̋ͫͧ̈́̃ͮ̎̄̈ͧͪ́͢͝͞ ͎̙̝̩̖͉̰̙̞̯̲̗̤ͥ̍̐͑ͥͮͬ̂ͮͦ́ͣ̐̓ͨͩ̏͘͠Y̡̔̔̉̌͝͝͏̼̖̤̩̹͔Ǫ̷̱͚̩͙̟͙͕̮͓͎̫̤̑͗͆ͯͧ͋̽͗͂̑̔̉͋̋͗̆̀͘ͅǓ̵̡̹̜̠̼̩̗̱̻̆̆ͯ͂ͥͮ̏͐ͪ̆͑ͯ̋ͥ͟͡͠ ̵̡̙͈̫̹͍͙̣̮̠̼̳͗͗ͭͦ̈́̂̓̽͆̈́̕D̮̻̖̰͈̼̍̽̏̒̍ͭͥ͋̽͗́̎͌̀̚͘͜͠ͅȌ̶̡͚͙̮̦̝͖͔̝̫̳̫͆ͫ̋́͢͠͝ͅͅṄ̡̯̘̞̩͕̥̠̯̠̝͖̭͍͙̬͖͓ͥ̆̽̃ͨ̓ͨ̓ͪ͌͋̈́́̀̚͡E̜͉̪͔̰͚͚̜͌ͣͥ̔͛ͤ͛ͩ́̓̉̿ͬͭͨ́͘ ̢̧̻̝̱̻̩͖̱ͭͤ̆̉̔̄ͥW̷̢̛͖̣̦̺̙̤͈̲̺̖̰̩͎̩̙̫̰͇̝͑͂͗́̇́̀͟H̶̹̙̟̗̼͍̝̲̮̬͇̣̓̋ͥ̋̒͗̑̒̑ͧ̂ͫ̐̀̚̕͞͡ͅA̴̢̢̗̬̦͇̥͍͔̺͙̩̞͖͈̩̻̝̿̅ͩͨ͌ͣ́͞ͅT͇̰̝͖̥͈̬̦͋̽̏̒ͫͩ̇͌̏̅ͩͫ͌́̚̕ ̒̿̋̓͛͏̢̨̹͉͙̪͖̠͓̻̥͝H̸̨̨̛͖̲̭̬̟̳̼̜̙̱͇̙̲͎̲͉͎̤ͮͣͪ̎͝Â̠̬̞̖̦̱͚̤̤̲̙̩ͬ͗ͭ͐͘͡ͅV̢̪̩̜͕̥̲̮͖͍̩̅ͣ́̋̂̈́ͣ͂̒̈̋̃͋̔ͅȨ̸̹͔̼̟̱͉̄̓̓ͨ̽͒̏̿́̏̉̐̂̚ͅ ̟̙͙̯͓̖̫̮̝̤̠̣̖̲̬̈́̅̒ͣ̓̿͌̅̒̿̽̃̍ͭ̏ͣ͂̃́ͅY͗̍ͦ̃̔̒̚͞҉̺̫̭͇̜̲̖̤̝̣̺̺̝̭̺͘Ő̟͇̩̹̙͚̘͓̗̳̆̽̅̆͑̃̒ͨ͜U̸̒ͥ̄̇͛ͧ́ͦ̀̐̅ͥͭͩ̈́͑͟͞͏̳̲̮̬̼̟͉̜͍͚̰̦ ̶̶̱͎̥͈̳͖̘͎̜̩͉̖͉̾̓̍̒͋͋̎̆̂ͩ͂ͬͫͥ̈̾̄͑͑D̨̞̪̪̠̘̼̅̀̍ͨ̉͠͠ͅỎ̴͖͙̱̼͍̖͙̮̮̠ͧ̽ͧ̈̊̒ͫ̀͟͜͝ͅNͥ̔ͩ͊ͣ͑̔̔͗̇ͮ҉̷̢̭͙̪̘̘͔͕̫Ȩ̧̮̳̮̜̬̜̙̫̜̫̯̊͐ͣ̿̏̈ͣͤ̍ͥͧ͆͋̾̊̐ͣ̀́͢ ̡̟̬͈̮̬̞̱̝̱̤̥̤͙͙͎̱̺̱̋ͦ͂͂̑ͧͥ̔̋͐ͥ̏ͧ͌̓͐ͯ̄̔W̗̞̘̘̫̬̲̺͇̮̩͌ͭ̆ͦ̓̐ͪͪ́͟͟H̶̨̬̤͕̲̼̼̺̣̺͙͓͓̻͓̘̪̼̿ͧ͑̽͐̓ͣ̆ͩͦ́Ä̡̬̗̙̬̝͕̲̦̠͓̥͉̣͍̜̣̊ͬ̂̽͋̇̓ͮ̊̆̌̐ͫ̂͊́̐͘T̴̵̨̖̤̝̹̝̫̥̙̖̖̳͉̄͆͒̃̌ͯ̐͒̅̊͛͛̉̃͒̋̍̊́͘ͅ ̴͈͎̤̬͖̻̪͖̱̞̖̜͇͎ͤ̀̆̾͛̌͐̏͒̃ͥ́͘͠͡ͅH̲̱̙͖̭̭͓̙͈̤̳̮͖̅̓̓́͒ͮ͊̔ͮͧ͒ͨ̆͑̌̑͠ͅA̷̡̮̝̜̗̫̘̭̱͚̟̝̼̪͇̼ͣ̊̇͌ͣ̎͆̈͛ͬ͌ͫ͜V̵̮̹̞̺̰̮͖̹̟̮̿ͣ̎̈̕͝ͅĘ̢̛͂ͨͩ̉͏̬̯̦͉̠̩̫͙̥̙̤̮̣͈̯ ̴̟͇͎͈̪̺̻͚͉̳͚̜̈́͂͊ͬ̽͐ͯ͒ͮ̍ͣͨͯ̚͟͡ͅY̴ͯ̌̉̅̂̂̔̔ͯ̏̚͏̤͙̣͉͓̻̳̰̗̖̫́ͅO͇̜͙̲̥̱̱̘̗̞̭̟̘͛͋ͤͨ̆̈́̆̆ͧ̈̚͡Ų͔̳̲̹̘̿̈́̒̉̐͆ͭ̑͐͐̏̿ͩ̅͝ ̷̗̪̹̞̃̒͌́ͬ̐́̋ͣ̉̋ͧ̈́͑͝D̑̃ͤ̍̊̍͠͡҉̳̞̻͔̟̠͎O̺͙̝͎̺̤̲̝̞̼̟̰͔͍ͫ̀ͨ͆ͪ̈̏ͫ̀͠N̛̙̜͕̜͈̞̗̲̲̻͈̥͓̮̋̈́͛͆̽̂̍ͩ̋̈́ͧ͐͗ͭͪ̚͢E̗̼̹̠̲̙̩̯͆ͧ̈̍̿ͤ͛̋ͥ̍̒̊ͬ͘͡ ̴̷̧̨͖͖̻̥̠̤̜̺̤͍̜̬͐͐͌̋ͥ̆̔͜W̛͈̼̲̪͇̞̥͕͔̗̗̫̗̠͉̓ͨͩ͊̄̏ͣ̚H͎̖͍̳̮̜͉̣͇̘̥͇͔̻̐̊̂̓̏̅ͤͣ̏͒ͨ́̽̅̃͟͜A̴̱̙̘̰͚̭͕̞͔̟̣͈̾ͦ́̑͗ͭ̈̎̓̅̉̍̉͘Ţ̸̞̱͉̹̝͕̳̻ͯ̿̾̿̕͟͠ͅ ̨̡̨̻͔̰̖̫̩̪̫̠̰̫͓̜̣̺͇͚̣̱ͩ͒̊͑ͮ̑ͮ̄͑̿̎ͯ̚̕Ḥ̢̞̣͖̖̥̈́͊͌̓̔ͬ̿̑͑ͭ͒͊ͭ̆ͬ͐̿́͜͡A̷̴̡̪͈̼̮̯̯̰͊̅͛̿̋̚͘͜V̸̝͎͖͑ͫ̌̔̍͛̀́̚͟͜E͇̮̰̦͚͎̭̦̻͕ͤ̒͊̀̒ͦ͊̎͗̾͐̐͊͟͜͝ͅͅ ̸̴̨̻͈̠̩̣̜̭̍̏̄̓̋̂͑̓́ͅY̢͎̘͎͓̭̠̝͖̣̬͚̬̹̭̟̱̾̊͛̃̓͌̏̍̈͞͝͡͞ͅO̵̷̜̰̙͙̞̱͖̬̹̮̫͇͚͂̌ͣ͊̈͋͛̈́̎ͪ̿̄̋͌̆ͮ̔̀U͎̤͉͓̗̳͈̖̮ͣ̿ͩ͐̏͒̓͜ ̺͙͓͖͚̲̐̓̓̋ͫ͑ͩ̋ͯ̑̅́̚͡Ḍ̵͈̘̜̒̽͊͊ͮ͛ͧ͋͐̈̀̚͘̕Ò̧̲̖̪̱͖̝͓̲̳̲̳͛͑ͤ̑̂ͨ̀̏͆ͭ͟͟Nͮͯ͛̌̊͛͛̓͛̌͗ͥ̾̃ͩ̋҉̵̪̝̼̦̱̗̻̳̟̤̤̖̜Ę̴̬̭̞͈̭͕͓̯͉̯̻̹ͤ͋̆̏̉ͣ̆ͨ̔ͣ̋ͣ́̓ͬ́́̀͞ͅͅ ̨̨͕͍̦͔ͤ̎́̑͟͡͝W̓͑̉̋ͦ̎̿̓ͮͫ̅̓͛ͪ͗̈͜͠͏҉̵̘̹̯H̐͌͋ͩͤ̑̇ͩ̐ͤ̔ͬ̐ͬ̏̚͏̶͏̥̯͈͈̘̫̮̼̫̦̟͓̠͇͓̰̳̣̞͢Aͩ̓̂̓ͬ͋҉̛̘̻͍̪͉̼͕͕͉͠ͅT̳̩͙̠͍̪̝̻̥̼̺͙͉̮͕̘͉͋ͬͪ̒̃͋̀͞ ̨̜͓͖̪̆̏̌ͧͩ̂͡H̶̨̹͉͙̮͍̼̻͗ͯͧ̃͊ͣ͒ͦ̄̊͋ͤͪͬ́̚͟A̡͙̭̫̲̥̯̘̪͔͓̺͔̼̹ͫ͋ͬ́ͫ͊ͪͅV̡̛͈̼̟͖̺̦͓̜ͬ̓̅̿͐̒ͥ̒͟͠Ḙ͕̥̲̲͂ͨ̏͌ͥ̃ͬ̓ͤ̑̕͠ ͕̟̖̗͓̼͉̤̺̤͓̻̩͓̳̹͔̐̉ͥ̃̀ͣ̈̀̎ͥ̑̀ͥ̍̈̉̾̀́̚͝Y̢̧̼̤̫͇͉̯͓̗̙͓̪̔̈̉̐͘͘͞Ǫ̶̛̣̞̫̹͆̇̒̉͛̄͋̕ͅU̵̖̲̳̣͙̻͉͇͖̞̜̲̬̲̥̫̓̒̂̎̆͂̌̀ͦͭͬ̈̿͋́̚̕ ̸̢̧̭͕͇̖̟̲͈̰̻̘̪͕͒̃͗̏ͭ͗̐̎̓ͧ̆̆̔ͣ̈́̃͂͟D̓̓̓̎ͪͭͣ̍̿ͯ̅̂͛̓ͣͬ̿҉̨͟҉̯͓̻̟̘̦̤͍͓̠̖O̷̢̨̜͖̗̪̰̫̯͔̱͉̮ͭͣ͂͋ͭ̀ͤ̊̃̌ͭͮ̂̒ͭͯ̑ͣ̄͘̕N̷̷̈̌̿͆̌́͋ͭ̊̆̂͡͏͈̣̰̟̻̖ͅḘ͙͙͕̩̹͕̹͈̪̠͙͚̹̙̙̒̉̀̐ͪͭͩͣ̊́́́́͡ ̄͆ͧ͏̸̢҉̦̼̣͎W̅͆̽̈́͛̒̑̄̊ͮ̉ͫ̓ͧ͗̅͋ͤ̚͏͏̜̹̦̮͙͕̰̦Ḩ̟͇̜̮̺̪̪̓̾͛͑ͭ̄ͧ̓̾̓͘͜͝Ą̳͕͙̲̰̙͕͓̞͔̈́ͪ̑ͣ͛̔̅̐ͥ̃̀͘͟͝Ṯ̨̻̤͈̻̯̭͔̪̱̘̼̠̲̮̈́ͣ̈́ͯ̃͛̚͘͝ ̄͛̓ͪ̽̈́ͭ̾̉̆ͧ͟͢͟͠҉̺̰͖̭̺̠̗̥̱̻H̵̑ͭ̀ͤͧ̍̇̔̉͆ͦͫ̎͆̉̊҉̸̱̹̫̠̘̙͙̱̤͍͇̥͉̠̤͔A̶̶̩͓̭̘̦͕̯̦̪̠̳̪͎͖͔̼ͪͦͦ̓̔͟ͅV̡̛̮̫̟̱ͪ̊̏̀ͩ̈́̎ͭ̽̐͆̇E͊͊ͬ̊̅̑͊͐̄͑̿̒͌̚͏̷̶̶̙͙͚̦͙͈͈͎̜̤̦̲͇̼̫ ̧̱͖̼̄̊̅ͤ́̇̆ͪ̽͛͆ͭ̊̉̚̕͠Y̸̲̺̬̭̞̪̭̟̬̫̼̺̣͗̓ͫ͂̈̅̍͌̊͌ͣ̎͂ͭ̇̚͘͠͞ͅͅO̵͈̜̣̞͎̅͂ͬ̒̿̉̽̉ͤͯ̽ͭ̽́͛̔͐ͨ͟͡Ų̢͓͕̩̞͎̪͖ͥ͋̓̉̿̀͒̋̽̓͆̂̿̾̈́̏ͬͅ ̸͕̬͚̳̯̹͎̖̟̟͇̬̫̪̣̂̌ͪͭ͑̿ͨ͑̃̈͝͝ͅD̴͍̣͈̦̬̻̯͓̼̤͍̤͚̟̆̄̾ͤ͂̓ͩͧ͒̂͒̈ͧ̈̏̋̆́̀̀̕O̷̻̥͇͖̙̼̻̿ͧ̉͂͛̌͛̿͘͢ͅN̬̩͈̘̬͎̞̘͔̤͈̟̙̘̬̞̘͉̐͐̿ͦ̊̓̐͊̿̈͋ͩ̀̚͡͠Ę̷̨͎̮̥͔̩͍̗̼̣̩̻̎ͬ̔ͤ̍͊̔̑ͤͤ͂ͣ̈̕ ̧̛͔̮̲͖̤̪̦̙̳̞̻̘̄̈́̍ͭ̏̾ͨͩͯͦ̾͗̄̂́͋͂̚̚͟W̶̨̺̩̘̞̱̪̙͔̲̗̭̼͕͍̜ͩͦͪͣ̇̍̊̂̅ͫH̸͎̖̰͎͙̣̱̍̋̽̄͗̆̐̊̓͌͗͋̆ͤ͆͂̈͊͞͡A̸̧̜̦̣̮̫͖̰ͩ̊ͩ͘̕T̶̢̬̳͕̥͔̘̫̫̝̤̖ͥͬͥ̇͒ͬ͛̂ͮ̎̿ͦ̂ͣ̅́̾͑͘͞ͅ ̶̏̆ͫ͑͐͂̏̚̚͏̡͓̞̪̬̞͓͖̝͉͇̕H̷̷̛̦̥͎̻̮̬̥̜̳̮̱ͬ̃̓ͮ̒͊ͯ̉́͋͒͂͗͌̑̓ͮ̿̚̕̕A̓ͨ͗̾̍̈ͫ́̉ͦͥ̐̇ͥ̈́̑͒͂͊͠͏̣̬͈̳̟͈̖̫̠̻͓͚͚̯͇̪̥̹͜ͅV̸̵̵̱̼̥͕̤̜̪̥̗͎̦͍̦̳͈̦̭ͬ͊̓̓̍͢ͅͅE͚̳̩̝̫̜͚̥̫͎̘̻͍̪̹͙̔ͨ̏̈́̔̉̍̀̕͟ͅ ̸̧͇͕̠̮̩̦̙͉̺͔̍̇̏̍̀͠Y̢̯̰̝̥̠͉͕̪̬͉͚͙̰̮̦͖͒̋͒ͬ͛͘ͅO̡̜͚̭̰̰̹͂͊̌̍͒ͪ̂͋͆ͨ̄̄̇̐͛̿͂̚U̠͚͇̠͎͈͍̤̳̫͈ͩ̄̓͐͌ͫͩ͑̑̿ͦ̇͊̆̆ͧ͒ͮͧ͜͜͜͞ ̛͓̹̜͎͎̠̪͉̻̤̉ͤ͊ͪͨ̃̆ͫ̎ͨͯ͡D̡̝͍͙̮̫͙̝̪̻̹̲͖̲̟̹̟̪ͫ̈́̈͋́ͤͣ̐̀ͬ͗̏ͤͪ͑͠ͅỌ̬̠͇͚͔̰͇̗͓͍̺̼̼̓̂ͭ̐̾̇ͤͣ̅ͪ͒͘͢͡͞Nͧ͛͆̽͆̈́ͮͭͤ̈̿̃͡͏̡̱̮͈̤̺͢E̶̢͎̥̪̣͈̰͎̹͔̻̣̪ͦ̉̉ͥͫͪ ̸͉̪͖̟̙̫͕̭̲̣̱͚̮̭ͤͨ̑̍̊́ͤͨ̀͌̅ͬ̌͌̈̊ͣ̀̀̚̕W̺̝̳͎̠͕͎̦͕̹͇̪̥ͬͥ͋̆͂̇̊̂̾̆ͪ͑̒̚͢͞H̸̨͔̮͕̣̫̲̮̠̬̫̮̼͙͓̹̀̅́̊̄̃͋͋ͪ̄̇̐͢Ã̿̈́̋̿̒ͪͪͭ̉ͥͮ̒̓̕͟͠͏͏̠̞̘͖͙̩͔̟̼̹͕̥̙̹̭̘̲̯̳T̸̨͚̺͔͔̱̦̹̙̙̜̄̋͒̏ͬ͑ͬ̍ͥ̄ͭ͂ͩ̐́ ͛͋̏͑ͥ̓̓̽ͯ͋̍͗̇͏̖̻͇̗̳̦̫̮̼̱̠̪͘͝͠͞ͅH̸̡̝͓̘̥̜̰̮̯͈͍̅̃ͤͤ̽̃ͤ̍̓̉ͯ̂ͩ͋͂̆̈́͡ͅA͂̅͒̓͛ͮ͒͏̝̗̮̼̥̖͍͍͜ͅV̨̤̠͙̗̠͎̜̠̹̠̰̠̰̯͂ͨ͂̉͝Ẽ̡͓͈͚͇̜̥̰͎͔̘̩̻͍͙̹̝ͫ̎͂ͫ̓̅ͯ̃̑ͭ͂͐̽́ͭ̆̀͝ ̵ͮͬ́͑͗ͯͩ̆͋̚͢҉͈̰̤̠͕̤̮͉̜͖̯̰Y̯̳͎̻̦̳̺̩̖̟͈ͪ͐͊̓̾ͨ̈̀́ͅȮ̰̞̭̳̺͈̱͕͇̤̫̭̯͓́̃͌ͯͬ̅ͨ̈̈ͯͮ̆̇͆̋̚̚̕͢ͅU̸̶̧̠͉̜͙͉̘̥̞͗̇̽̐̎̔̉̏͌̿̍ͩͦ̊́̚͘ͅ ͐͗̈̇͑ͧͥ͆ͧ̐͊̀͆̈́ͤ̏ͫ́̒҉̵̘̟̖͚̫͇͙̳͙̣̥̬̲̣̫̜͘͠D̡͇̺̹̖͖̜̣̠̦̝̗̳̖̖̹̗̈ͩ͒ͨ͜O̴̴̢̨̟̯̜̮͔̳͉̭̠̳͐̑̈́͋̅͊́́̈́̾͂͋ͩͥ̓̈̃̉̂N̸̵̶̛̖̙̬̫̳̼̯̜͍̰̟̖̅ͩ̔̒̽͆̈́̎̑͗͒̽̓̽̀Ẹ͖̮̩̠͎̥̗̗̘̲̙̪̺̜ͫ̏̔̐̒ͨ̂̊̉ͣ̅̃̿ͫ͐ͪ̀̕͘͟ͅ ̷̣̱̪̥̖̦̲͓̦̮̣̜͇̫̥̪̝̺̒̑̒̎̒͑̒ͨͤ̅ͨ͋͗̏͒͋͂ͮ̕̕W̝͇̯̝̝͍̘͗̑̈́̾̇́̌͜͡H̛͓͈̻͕̱͕̭͓̮͙͓̙͇͍̽͐̏̆͛̓́̄ͦ̀͟͟A̒̍ͩ̈̒̓̍͋ͯͥ̚̚͏̶̢̰̘̲̩̫̯͟͞T̶̨̢͉͕͍̞͈̥͖̪͇̜̬̒̑͗̔͌̓͛͆ ͈̥̠̥̲̩̲̰͔͔͕̇̌ͣ̂͑͘͟ͅH̤̙͎̹̰͖̹́̅ͩ͐ͭ͒͂̀͘̕͜͝Ǎ̵̸ͪ̉̅̆̇̒̎̅҉͏̧̬͉͇̜̥̯͔̼͍V̨̲̬͖̼̳̳̐ͦ͊́̉ͪ̓̉̊̊̀Ȩ͎̘̣ͦ̉ͦ̐̾͢ ̴̷̠͔̗̬̎͑̃̿̍͆̐̀̈́ͦ̆̽ͥ̏ͨ̿̌͛̑̕͝ͅY̴̷̹̤͍̝̼̘̙̫̭̙̪̟̬͎͍͍ͩ̿̾̒ͩ̓̏̄́Oͬͤ̀ͮ͂͛ͥ͌̀̚̚͠҉̬̝̳̝̱̥̦̹̮͓͓̯̺̬Ư̷̷̛̲͓̪͚͕̱̟̥͕͖͈͇̩ͫ͐͋ͣ̍̐͡ ̷̴̶̣̥͚̬͔̼̇̇̄͂̔ͯ̈́ͪͥͪͬ͛̍ͣ͐D̛̼̫̫̝̰̗͂̆̾͗̌ͧ͑̆̍͋ͬͮ̑͌̒̚͝O̸̷̴̞͇̤͍̝͉̦̘ͧͬ̆̒ͥ̒̅̇͆̽̎͑ͯ̀͠Ṇ̡̨̧͙͇͚͙̺̫̤̙̞̱̬̬͒́̔̿̓̊ͧ̕͝E̴̴͎̫̯̹̾̐ͧ̊̀͝͞ͅ ̛̝͈̑̂͐̀͝͞ͅ

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

And now the tag is officially a part of the LP subforum tags :c00lbutt:

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

Dragonatrix posted:

URL tags work fine for the test poster. If you're embedding them, then that might be the cause of the issue and probably something you'd want to not do in-thread anyway (it can be a real resource drain if there's a lot of embeds in one page for example and it doesn't work on the Archive at all).

e; Oh. Now that I've looked at it, I'm pretty sure the reason the links don't seem to be working is just because you left out the "https://" at the start. :v:

It's not that. When I tried using the "https://" it ended up doubling the slash and made it look something like [url="https://https:////". Plus, in my post above, where I linked the videos properly, the code is [url=www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A1Z4xiqBb8. I just copied that directly out of the post.

I have no idea what's going on to be honest. I was reading over my test post again a few hours ago and half the dialog changes I made yesterday are present while half are not. :iiam:

I'm working on posting the thread now. I'll just have to keep an eye on it and double check when I post to make sure it all looks right on the forum. Maybe I'm using the SSLP tester incorrectly somehow.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I'm impressed by all the sticky name changes. :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

It’s bootiful.