Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.
No Medievil remake news! Bullshit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

"Believe us guys, it was really cool for the audience to walk from room to room, packed in like sardines. They even got to look at a faux zen garden thing from behind the velvet ropes!"

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sekiro is going to be better than any other game that will be shown at E3 so I guess microsoft wins and I now have to buy an xbone just out of principle :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Well even if they don't it is a BRAND NEW GAME they didn't loving announce at their OWN conference

there are a lot of games that don't make it into sony's conference, big whoop

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

Sekiro is going to be better than any other game that will be shown at E3 so I guess microsoft wins and I now have to buy an xbone just out of principle :(

it's not xbox exclusive

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Vintersorg posted:

There showing some music game off.

A bunch of you would have been crying if this was in the main thing.

If it was one not very interesting game in a torrent of 50 trailers no one would have cared, not every game in Microsoft’s conference was a winner but it didn’t matter because in a minute it was on to the next one.

Like the Gears Pop! announcement (which might just be the dumbest thing ever).

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

blessed image

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Brother Entropy posted:

it's not xbox exclusive

the trailer was though

so... i get the xbox one x right?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Things I learned from this conference:

-Remedy will make a million new IPs before we get Alan Wake 2

-Feudal Japan games are in this year?

-Sony must have zero confidence in Days Gone considering how they have treated it this year

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

VR tetris?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

FlamingLiberal posted:

-Feudal Japan games are in this year?

It is weird this kinda thing always happens. Who reckons they're already starting preproduction on Assassins Creed: Shinobi

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Things I learned from this conference:

-Sony must have zero confidence in Days Gone considering how they have treated it this year

holy poo poo you're right, they didn't even show it lol

Zinkraptor
Apr 24, 2012

The Microsoft conference was more exciting and relevant to me as a PS4 owner than the Sony conference.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Brother Entropy posted:

there are a lot of games that don't make it into sony's conference, big whoop

Nah gently caress off, E3 is where you go to showcase all your upcoming games for the year and what's in development

That was an absolute pure wankfest that was catering to the thousand or so people in attendance there.
Days Gone didn't even get a mention :laffo:

Microsoft crushed it by rocking up and just showed 50 games back to back
Sony basically had a DNF

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

man im glad i never got VR

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Infinitum posted:

Microsoft killed it this year.
Sony deserve all the poo poo they're going to cop for this

Literally impossible for Nintendo to gently caress up a prerecorded Direct.

What poo poo? No one is going to care a week from now.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

What will the lore of nioh 2 be. I feel like they dispensed with all sengoku era figures, even very obscure ones, and many figures that weren't even from that era as well, in the first game

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Sony really needs to stop showing off games five years before they're ready for launch. It would help if they hadn't shut down a whole bunch of their first party studios as well. A new Wipeout game would be nice and how the hell did Knack 2 get funded but they didn't throw money at From Software to make another game for them?!

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
You JUST KNOW that the head of Sony is going to be onstage next year making an extremely awkward joke about how the audience will get to stay put.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

Everything Sony shows looked loving amazing. Yeah it was short and the fluff was bad but who cares - the only thing that matters is games and they showed off like crazy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2quonm59Kc

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Infinitum posted:

Nah gently caress off, E3 is where you go to showcase all your upcoming games for the year and what's in development

That was an absolute pure wankfest that was catering to the thousand or so people in attendance there.
Days Gone didn't even get a mention :laffo:

Microsoft crushed it by rocking up and just showed 50 games back to back
Sony basically had a DNF

Days Gone looks loving stupid.

Sony knocked it out the park with the games they showed.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

nopantsjack posted:

It is weird this kinda thing always happens. Who reckons they're already starting preproduction on Assassins Creed: Shinobi

I want Japan Creed however we can get it

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

lmao they showed more games in the sizzle reel 30 minutes after the show than they did in the show itself

it sure would have been nice to figure out what the gently caress Tetris Effect is supposed to be

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

I think all these studios working on zombie games are going to regret it. There are like a million of them coming when people are already burned out on the genre.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

SUNKOS posted:

Sony really needs to stop showing off games five years before they're ready for launch. It would help if they hadn't shut down a whole bunch of their first party studios as well. A new Wipeout game would be nice and how the hell did Knack 2 get funded but they didn't throw money at From Software to make another game for them?!

I'm emotionally devastated from no Bloodborne 2. I assumed as much but when they went "oh and one more game... from From software!" at the very end all my yearning surfaced at once.
No demon souls HD... even an update to BB1 that fixes the fps and maybe gives it some good resolution... drat.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Let's show a video about how we put together the venue! GREAT IDEA

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

raditts posted:

lmao they showed more games in the sizzle reel 30 minutes after the show than they did in the show itself

it sure would have been nice to figure out what the gently caress Tetris Effect is supposed to be

Pretty easy to do that when most of those games are already out

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Zinkraptor posted:

The Microsoft conference was more exciting and relevant to me as a PS4 owner than the Sony conference.
Probably because they showed off a bunch of games that will also be on PS4. Sony just stuck to exclusives tonight I think.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

lmao

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much

Codependent Poster posted:

Let's show a video about how we put together the venue! GREAT IDEA

Why are you still watching?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

raditts posted:

It's a Tetris game.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Zinkraptor posted:

:same:

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

they did show days gone

for all of five seconds jammed into a montage

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Some gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtxJtQa6VSw

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

mikemil828 posted:

Why are you still watching?

Because I have nothing else to watch.

Plus I got to see Twitch cut them off early

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
now they're showing the amount of work to set up this embarrassing conference and it's just sad

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

They did a superbrief flash of it in a montage during the walk between rooms time. Which means it's definitely a game that exists.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

Zinkraptor posted:

So utterly sad to admit this is true...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

has sony done it this bad since the riiiiiiiiiiidge racerrrrrrrrrrrr era?

• Locked thread