Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

uwaeve posted:

This came out after B-R

This is probably the last time anyone wrote positively about the Eris.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Dalael posted:

Want to be part of an elite group who doesn't give a gently caress about killmails? Tired of just pressing F1? How do you feel about using more keys? How about F2 and F3? Do you even dare pressing F4?
It might be hard to believe, but if you join repswarm and spend you unallocated skillpoints into logistic, you might even sometimes use you F5 and F6 key. That's how elite we are.

if this isn't good enough for you, how about the knowledge of knowing you saved someone's ship? or knowing you didn't save someone's ship because he's a terrible poster?

Repswarm!

I bought a Fax but I didn't realize the triage module required like a month of training. Right now It's basically just a Dominix with 1m ehp and a jump drive.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Risky Bisquick posted:

Racial Titan, Doomsday Operation

as someone who can't get into goons, you have no idea how much this hurts :tif:

especially with titan V/doomsday op V.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Kimsemus posted:

Make an Applicants/Supplicants post so we can all laugh and proceed to relink it forever.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

orange juche posted:

Make an Applicants/Supplicants post so we can all laugh and proceed to relink it forever.

search my post history friendo :toot:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Honestly, messing with DBRB's fishing in a computer game should be a reason to never get kicked from the coalition. :shrug:

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Kimsemus posted:

If it's any consolation, I'm melting down my supercap pilots and giving away the ships/isk.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Kimsemus posted:

search my post history friendo :toot:

that one wasn't quite embarrassing enough

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Rutibex posted:

I bought a Fax but I didn't realize the triage module required like a month of training. Right now It's basically just a Dominix with 1m ehp and a jump drive.

Faxes and logi cruisers are superficially similar but in practice are extremely different. Faxes are kind of like ablative armor for supercaps, whereas logi cruisers mostly expect to make it through the fleet unless things go really bad.

Fleet killmails are pointless and dumb and impress nobody; get solo/small gang killmails or don't bother. Nobody has ever intentionally looked at the list of participants on a killmail with over a dozen people on it. This eternal truth doesn't faze our pubbie adversaries, who are mostly willing to shrug off hundreds of billions of isk worth of damage as long as they score a sweet BS killmail or two. As a logi, you have the ability to deprive them of even that small bit of joy. You also have an excuse to play eve with the settings maxed (which you shouldn't need, gently caress potato mode and its proponents) because with effects on you can even see and save people that aren't broadcasting. It's a lot of fun! Also, CCP released Space Ambulance SKINs for the t2 logis and they're great.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rutibex posted:

drat i didnt realize there was a new type of capital nowadays

so what role do plane carriers play now if they dont have a triage module? anti-subcap boats?

working mom
Jul 8, 2015

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

drat i didnt realize there was a new type of capital nowadays

so what role do plane carriers play now if they dont have a triage module? anti-subcap boats?

Depends on the situation, unlike dreads they can be repped while doing damage but they can be defanged and do the same to others with anti fighter fighters. Most commonly in bigger fights sat on a friendly citadel and send the fighters 1000k away to do damage

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
When I'm in fleets I fly logi, when I'm flying by myself I like to mercilessly murder miners and haulers in hisec. I like the contrast in activities.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Rutibex posted:

Delve is much better than Jita, there is a lot less competition. There are some things is Delve that people sell to me and no one else, because I guess no one thought anyone would want to sell those things? I do no even need to update these orders, and they sit at a 95% profit margin yet people still sell the poo poo to me! :twisted:

The only thing worth trading in Jita is implants. There are dozens of 1b+ implants that have a very nice profit margin. You can't trade implants in Delve, there is not a big enough market for it. No one ever sell implants in Delve.

At what point does this sort of market trading in 1DQ- cross the line into goon loving?

Not calling you out, a serious question.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bilirubin posted:

At what point does this sort of market trading in 1DQ- cross the line into goon loving?

I'm not loving anyone sir, I am adding valuable liquidity to the market :colbert:

It probably would have gone over to goonfucking if I kept that guys Rorqual

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Bilirubin posted:

pretty much only if you relist a bunch of a key wartime module while we're in a war

buying low and selling high is never gonna be goonfucking even if you'd have to be an idiot to sell to your buy order, unless it's one of the scammy orders where you're looking to nab people who misplaced a decimal point and even then there's a fair chance it's :effort:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

evilweasel posted:

pretty much only if you relist a bunch of a key wartime module while we're in a war

buying low and selling high is never gonna be goonfucking even if you'd have to be an idiot to sell to your buy order, unless it's one of the scammy orders where you're looking to nab people who misplaced a decimal point and even then there's a fair chance it's :effort:

Good. Just wanted clarity as I had posed the hypothetical to Theta in jabber and it was all "why you want to gently caress us :smith: ".

I mean I still got the absurdly underpriced skins and relisted them for a competitive, but below Jita, price and my conscious is clear since they aren't in any way a necessary war time module, but the reaction gave me pause.

Yes I know theta will try and save a buck anywhere they can

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bilirubin posted:

Good. Just wanted clarity as I had posed the hypothetical to Theta in jabber and it was all "why you want to gently caress us :smith: ".

I mean I still got the absurdly underpriced skins and relisted them for a competitive, but below Jita, price and my conscious is clear since they aren't in any way a necessary war time module, but the reaction gave me pause.

Yes I know theta will try and save a buck anywhere they can

They wanted to keep you out of the market so they can keep the profits for themselves.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Carriers and super carriers are primarily used for ratting.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Oct 2, 2018

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Rutibex posted:

Carriers and super carriers are primarily used for ratting.

Sometimes supers get to fit heavy warp scramblers and warp in on the enemy at 0 as disposable tackle. :black101:

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

ZekeNY posted:

Sometimes supers get to fit heavy warp scramblers and warp in on the enemy at 0 as disposable tackle. :black101:

This is the answer i'll give to anyone who asks, "How rich are you guys?"

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Are those poors in PL still using Rorquals as jump HICs?

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Dalael posted:

This is the answer i'll give to anyone who asks, "How rich are you guys?"

More than enough :black101:

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Ynglaur posted:

Are those poors in PL still using Rorquals as jump HICs?

They would, but they can’t afford them

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Was Mittens banned from the game or from whatever goons in space is called now?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Animal-Mother posted:

Was Mittens banned from the game or from whatever goons in space is called now?

yes, briefly, many years ago

for some reason someone bought a bunch of old ads

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

yes, briefly, many years ago

for some reason someone bought a bunch of old ads

No those ads are new. I wonder what the clickthrough % is on that ad, because holy hell has it gotten a lot of mileage.

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK
Someone was re-running some old ads for a while, but the new ones are still going

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

Rutibex posted:

It probably would have gone over to goonfucking if I kept that guys Rorqual

It isn't goonfucking. It is lovely. But if the error was on the part of the seller that is a life lesson they can grow from and reimbursement isn't required. I know someone that returned a free Nyx. He was told by someone that would have handled the incident had it been goonfucking that he didn't have to because of a similar contract error.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

So my main got reinvited to goonwaffe. How do I get an invite for my (registered on ESA etc.) alt?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Firos posted:

So my main got reinvited to goonwaffe. How do I get an invite for my (registered on ESA etc.) alt?

go to auth and click the add alts link

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

go to auth and click the add alts link

My alt was already in there, and I updated it like it said to. All I can do with the alt in the auth screen is unclaim it.

Edit: Got told to just apply in game :downs: An auspicious return for sure.

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Firos posted:

Just apply in game. The new ESA system means there's zero paperwork to add an alt because you've already done the paperwork.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Maneck posted:

Just apply in game. The new ESA system means there's zero paperwork to add an alt because you've already done the paperwork.

But but... my alts who were in gsf, same corp, same alts, all green marks checked, after 4 days are still out in the cold nights of Khanid (with a bunch of JFs loaded with krab gold) coz butan still needs to be pushed. :gonk:

froody guy fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 3, 2018

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

froody guy posted:

But but... my alts who were in gsf, same corp, same alts, all green marks checked, after 4 days are still out in the cold nights of Khanid (with a bunch of JFs loaded with krab gold) coz butan still needs to be pushed. :gonk:

throwing in the standard duh check: once a corp application has been accepted by the corp, you as the individual have to go and manually accept the invitation

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

throwing in the standard duh check: once a corp application has been accepted by the corp, you as the individual have to go and manually accept the invitation

I haven't been invited yet. That's the missing step. Payment made, application sent as per thread request. Everything approved (but the corp request). I remember the first time it had been a matter of hours rather than days so I'm just wondering if some 'human factor' got in the way, like pushing butan dude has poo poo to deal in rl or something. Anyway, it's no biggie.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

froody guy posted:

I haven't been invited yet. That's the missing step. Payment made, application sent as per thread request. Everything approved (but the corp request). I remember the first time it had been a matter of hours rather than days so I'm just wondering if some 'human factor' got in the way, like pushing butan dude has poo poo to deal in rl or something. Anyway, it's no biggie.

are you applying an altcorp or alts?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

froody guy posted:

oh, is this an altcorp join request, not an individual application to goonwaffe? if so then yeah it is something completely different than what they were talking about earlier

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

Yes altcorp. Seriously, what's so different between alts applying to gsf or an altcorp, especially if it was already in gsf, has been kicked for inactivity, no unpaid taxes or any other issues, and nothing changed in the meantime?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

froody guy posted:

Yes altcorp. Seriously, what's so different between alts applying to gsf or an altcorp, especially if it was already in gsf, has been kicked for inactivity, no unpaid taxes or any other issues, and nothing changed in the meantime?

a few things

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

froody guy posted:

Applying to goonwaffe there's several people who can accept you. Applying the altcorp to the alliance there's maybe 3 people who can actually push button because of security reasons. Anyone who can accept corps to the alliance can also disband it. Typical wait time for altcorp is 5-10 days from payment to acceptance into the alliance or it was when I was applying mine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010

froody guy posted:

...Payment made...

This part of your statement seemed peculiar.