Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which season should the next animated reconstruction be from?
This poll is closed.
Season 1 (Marco Polo) 13 18.57%
Season 2 (The Crusade) 1 1.43%
Season 3 (Galaxy 4/The Myth Makers/The Daleks' Master Plan/The Massacre of St. Bartholomew's Eve/The Celestial Toymaker/The Savages) 25 35.71%
Season 4 (The Smugglers/The Highlanders/The Underwater Menace/The Evil of the Daleks) 16 22.86%
Season 5 (The Abominable Snowmen/The Web of Fear/The Wheel in Space) 11 15.71%
Season 6 (The Space Pirates) 4 5.71%
Total: 70 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8pzP4zD46s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The_Doctor posted:

I just saw Bonnie Langford in London. She is tiny. :3:

What if you're actually enormous?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Rhyno posted:

What if you're actually enormous?

I am enormous too... :hmmyes:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The_Doctor posted:

I am enormous too... :hmmyes:

Are you... are you Russell T Davies? :shobon:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Jerusalem posted:

Are you... are you Russell T Davies? :shobon:

Now you made me look it up, and he’s 2 inches taller. I am merely semi-enormous.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I am sorry it takes you at least two strides to cross a rugby field :smith:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Me leaving the house:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I'm bigger on the inside

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

I'm bigger on the inside

But enough about your Grindr profile! :rimshot:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Had a dream the show was renewed through 2025, which sadly was also to be its last year. :ohdear: Also the next Doctor was going to be an actor who had already had a one off role in the show before. Apparently I dream of production’s biggest hits.

Teek fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Dec 4, 2020

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I just finished the first Dark Eyes set, and really enjoyed it - the sound design in the World War one scenes in particular was very good, McGann's Doctor got to go through a wide range of emotions, and Toby Jones was superb. I've just paused Dark Eyes 2 to type this - The Traitor isn't grabbing me as much as The Great War did so far, because the Doctor hasn't really said or done anything yet, but I'm guessing that'll pick up as the story goes on.

I did get a quiet chuckle out of Nicholas Briggs saying that he wouldn't be sure how to do stories set in the Time War, so Big Finish probably won't do any, and McGann being wistful while wondering if the TV Movie was going to be the only time he'd get to play The Doctor in live action. Hindsight is hilarious.

Edit: The Traitor did pick up!

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 5, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/DoctorWho_BBCA/status/1335011252754472960?s=20

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I hope the Doctor has like 500 dashmarks on her cell wall to mark the interminable length of time she was trapped before escaping... and we later find out it was like 500 minutes.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Jerusalem posted:

I hope the Doctor has like 500 dashmarks on her cell wall to mark the interminable length of time she was trapped before escaping... and we later find out it was like 500 minutes.

Zucker, Abrams, and Zucker did this joke, I think.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

The Doctor being in prison makes me think she's in there for a reason. Like when Rick Sanchez was in space prison, it was purely on his own terms, and it was the work of a moment to actually escape.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

The Doctor: You know, one time I was a prisoner for like... 7000 years, it felt like an eternity.
Graham: Oh, yeah, I read about that on the console here. Time Lord prison, "hell of a bird," cracking adventure that one.
The Doctor: What? Bird? I was talking about that time I had to figure out those cubes with Rory and Amy.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"Wait, how long do humans live?"
"Uhhh, not long... 10,000 years I think?"

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Eleven trying to be human and failing miserably was adorable

Hell, all the Doctors trying and finding it mind-numbingly dull is hysterical

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I feel like Thirteen would enjoy 'playing human' for an extended period.

She'd be godawful at it, but she'd be having fun, and... completely blind to the fact she's doing a terrible job.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Edit: entirely wrong thread! Sorry!

TL fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Dec 5, 2020

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

TL posted:

Meteor show on Dessert! Celeste is here!

Dodo code: HXMX5

Message board set welcome!

Take our DIYs!

Am I having a stroke?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

Am I having a stroke?

Entirely wrong thread! Sorry!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That's okay, Dodo had a tendency to just wander in and then out again.

Voting Floater
May 19, 2019

Jerusalem posted:

That's okay, Dodo had a tendency to just wander in and then out again.

As does her accent.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I just received a Christmas invitation from Edward Grove. Apparently, he's alive.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Will there be plum pudding?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Will there be plum pudding?

Wouldn't be Christmas without it!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My son has gotten very into watching The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, and so I have been drafted to do my best Sterling Holloway impression when he has conversations with the stuffed version. He is obviously very difficult to imitate and I find, sometimes, that I end up sounding more like Colin Baker.

So now, I would like to see a Winnie the Pooh cartoon with Colin Baker as Pooh, Tom Baker as the narrator, Peter Davison as Rabbit, and Sylvester McCoy as Owl. Matt Smith can give Tigger a try, I guess. Jodie Whitaker can play Kanga, David Tennant as Piglet, Christopher Eccleston as Eeyore, and Paul McGann as Christopher Robin. Peter Capaldi is left out because he has already voice acted for Winnie the Pooh.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Capaldi is the Heffalumps and Woozles, obviously

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Santee, you already know who you are, but your first package should have arrived today/yesterday and your second package is officially in the mail!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Santee, you already know who you are, but your first package should have arrived today/yesterday and your second package is officially in the mail!

It did! Thank you so much! I'll get a photo up when the second one arrives then so I can group it all together! :toot:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
On similar news, RB, your second package will be there by the 9th

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
My Santee SHOULD have received his gift by now...

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Edward Mass posted:

My Santee SHOULD have received his gift by now...

Funny enough, your post reminded me I hadn’t yet checked today’s mail, and lo and behold...!

I LOVE IT! The monsters book looks like it has some great behind-the-scenes costume and prop info and the Robert Holmes bio is something I hadn’t even thought would exist, so I’m very anxious to crack that sucker open. And the cherry on top is a movie I actually haven’t seen yet, so thank you very much!

I love DWSS and look forward to it each year as December approaches because every year has been a wonderful surprise. This thread may quibble over episodes from time to time, but it’s full of genuinely lovely people.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I really enjoyed the Robert Holmes book, it's how I found out he'd written a radio play series with Peter Cushing and Vincent Price!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I have one more package to arrive before I can send mine, but I'm expecting it today. Looking forward to putting it all together.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-tenth-doctor-is-visiting-some-old-friends

Tenth Doctor, Classic Companions.

The Tenth Doctor and a post-Time War K-9, encounter Leela, Nyssa, and Ace!

Unfortunately, it doesn't come out until Sept 2022

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I genuinely enjoy that Big Finish throws every Doctor/companion combo at the wall, it's awesome that so much of the cast can have their own little community and eat a good lunch and we get to hear the results.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
An internet rabbit hole today reminded me of the old Topper sci-fi comic strip, The Whizzers From Ozz (bear with me), in which two alien kids travel to Earth in their "space car" and have adventures with a human kid. Because it was a serial, it often had cliffhangers - and one was some bad guy zapping their space car with a beam that made it fall to pieces in mid-air. They're stranded, their spaceship is wrecked - how are they going to get out of that?

Next week, it was revealed that amongst the wreckage was a "space car egg", which one setting on their ray guns would conveniently hatch and grow into a new space car in moments. I thought it was a bullshit cop-out even as a seven-year-old.

This memory of bullshit cop-out space eggs immediately made me think of Doctor Who for some reason. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Davros1 posted:

https://www.bigfinish.com/news/v/the-tenth-doctor-is-visiting-some-old-friends

Tenth Doctor, Classic Companions.

The Tenth Doctor and a post-Time War K-9, encounter Leela, Nyssa, and Ace!

Unfortunately, it doesn't come out until Sept 2022

4-Leela
5-Nyssa
7-Ace

"Sorrrrry Tennessee Peri!"