Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Hell even when a town roleblocker died no one asked "hey, isn't that Milky's role?" to which he then changed roles anyway and people kept just following the leader. There are many many more examples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

webmeister posted:

Massive respect to Milky and Bif as well. They were an awesome scum team to watch in the doc and I don't think anyone still in the game twigged they were working together until it was too late

And Harold krell can gently caress right off, he literally posted nothing of use in the scumdoc - we never even knew his role until he died

I was pretty relieved when he flipped vanilla, if we'd been making do with hardly any powers and it turned out he'd been holding out all that time, I was gonna lose it.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Lid posted:

The dead document is six days straight of people facepalming for not noticing that Milky is clearly scum.

Hey Lid.

I only went on the warpath because you got angry at me doing harmless roleplaying. :)

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Milky's playstyle is interesting because no matter who is playing he always knows that there's enough people who are lazy enough to follow a "team leader".

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Milky Moor posted:

Hey Lid.

I only went on the warpath because you got angry at me doing harmless roleplaying. :)

I went on the warpath because it wasn't harmless, was obfuscating, and I tend more than more to tell people to knock things off but I was far from the only one to think that was you being harmless.

Personally I felt better when you turned out to be scum because seriously your roleblock plan of scum vs lynching was so insane I was confused people went along with it that were town.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

Lid posted:

Hell even when a town roleblocker died no one asked "hey, isn't that Milky's role?" to which he then changed roles anyway and people kept just following the leader. There are many many more examples.

Yeah I only twigged to that when I posted it at the end. At the time I just went, "Oh we've had multiple cops, watchers etc, multiple blockers isn't that bad".

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Lid posted:

Oh yeah, I thought we were dead meat when that happened, I was like SERIOUSLY, GASPY? It was bad enough Milky claimed roleblocker when that's considered a scummy role to begin with, but nope, town also got their own roleblocker too! Whee! :buddy:

But then the GSC/TBK throwdown must have successfully distracted everybody.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Tommofork posted:

The game favours scum you know? I felt bad for being a bad town until I realised town has an uphill battle, so gently caress it, have fun along the way.

Agreed. Although next game maybe Day 2, Milky Day 1.

My first game ever I was scum, little did I know how much easier it is. Town is hard as gently caress.

Lid posted:

I think the biggest issue was that your arguments weren't consistent or particularly coherent, whereas all of his arguments made logical sense (mostly because they were technically true), so it just looked like you were desperately trying to defend yourself. There was a lot of bad town play this game. Like when I went along with Milky's garbage about keeping Plott alive for an extra night - I wanted a safe nightkill so I just went "yeah sure lets do this" instead of "hang on, why would we do this?" or when we bought TBK's absolute garbage story. GSC should really have come out guns blazing, but every one of the town remaining went "I really think it's ken but..." and killed GSC.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Lid posted:

Personally I felt better when you turned out to be scum because seriously your roleblock plan of scum vs lynching was so insane I was confused people went along with it that were town.

loving agreed. That plan! That people went along with it!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Splode posted:

My first game ever I was scum, little did I know how much easier it is. Town is hard as gently caress.

I think the biggest issue was that your arguments weren't consistent or particularly coherent, whereas all of his arguments made logical sense (mostly because they were technically true), so it just looked like you were desperately trying to defend yourself. There was a lot of bad town play this game. Like when I went along with Milky's garbage about keeping Plott alive for an extra night - I wanted a safe nightkill so I just went "yeah sure lets do this" instead of "hang on, why would we do this?" or when we bought TBK's absolute garbage story. GSC should really have come out guns blazing, but every one of the town remaining went "I really think it's ken but..." and killed GSC.

Hey, don't lump me in with you sheeple that voted for GSC. :colbert: I was relieved I didn't get scum for my first game though.

Lid I thought you were town. I can't remember defending you though was that the day Milky was pushing a lynch on someone and saving Plott for later?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
On a personal frustration note I got lynched off "hunting power roles" when the only power role I outed was Milky... who was scum. I need to stop aggravating people, but I'm the anti-follow the leader type and rub way too many people the wrong way in the pursuit of the truth.

Seriously there may be no other case in mafia history where this is a successful argument

quote:

Because [Plotterboy] still has to vote if he wants to affect the day phase at all, and that still gives us information. He is quite literally useless alive. Killing him, on the other hand, drops the total number of players and risks us getting closer to a threshold where the scum have more control over the lynch.

Milky managed to successfully argue enough townies that leaving scum alive was preferable to leaving town alive because it would give scum less control of the lynch. So many people played on autopilot this game.

Except Krell who should be blacklisted.

And SK for being useless too by never posting and never countering Milky for example.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

please believe in Grapple the Legitimate  Autobot  Inventor

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

Hey, don't lump me in with you sheeple that voted for GSC. :colbert: I was relieved I didn't get scum for my first game though.

Lid I thought you were town. I can't remember defending you though was that the day Milky was pushing a lynch on someone and saving Plott for later?

First game as scum is actually easier, you have a team of people helping you and all you need to do is not be the most suspicious, which is usually pretty easy when Anidav is melting down, or SK has gone on holiday, or Lid has been caught telling lies about his role, or HK has posted a 10 paragraph rap.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Tommofork posted:

The only person who really strongly defended me on the block was Rudatron, and when Rudatron flipped that's when I decided to shoot myself in the head as there was no way the lynch was flipping then and I, at the time, was convinced Milky and Splode were both scum so stopping a three way debate between me and (who I believed was two scum) seemed like the best move for town than continue a farce.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

*Reads scum doc*

Oh hooooo lookit what happened to Beet. Look at this guy, so right on D3 about milktimus.

Shame I put it to the side. :smithicide:

Lid posted:

The only person who really strongly defended me on the block was Rudatron, and when Rudatron flipped that's when I decided to shoot myself in the head as there was no way the lynch was flipping then and I, at the time, was convinced Milky and Splode were both scum so stopping a three way debate between me and (who I believed was two scum) seemed like the best move for town than continue a farce.

I was busy IRL in that day and could barely keep up, sorry duder.

Splode posted:

First game as scum is actually easier, you have a team of people helping you and all you need to do is not be the most suspicious, which is usually pretty easy when Anidav is melting down, or SK has gone on holiday, or Lid has been caught telling lies about his role, or HK has posted a 10 paragraph rap.

I was actually anxious about getting scum, I didn't want to be on a team and potentially letting people down. Town though, gently caress those guys!

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Wait wtf scum can nightkill and perform their role??? It makes sense but I just assumed they couldn't.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

Tommofork posted:

*Reads scum doc*

Oh hooooo lookit what happened to Beet. Look at this guy, so right on D3 about milktimus.

Shame I put it to the side. :smithicide:

I was busy IRL in that day and could barely keep up, sorry duder.

I was actually anxious about getting scum, I didn't want to be on a team and potentially letting people down. Town though, gently caress those guys!

You were a good town player, well done. I hope you get scum next so you can feel the thrill of leading people in hilarious circles!

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tommofork posted:

Wait wtf scum can nightkill and perform their role??? It makes sense but I just assumed they couldn't.

I think it varies from game to game but all the games I've played in they can do both but sometimes only to the same target. I was banking on people assuming this, however. It formed the core of my multiple alibis. That, and I never actually murdered anyone. Always had subordinates do it and always vanilla scum first.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

And then Harold pitched a fit and, welp, see ya, you've outlived your usefulness to the Decepticon cause. Megatron sends his regards.

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Milky Moor posted:

please believe in Grapple the Legitimate  Autobot  Inventor
we should lynch bumblebee though, gently caress him

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i'll never regret killing anidav

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
That was a fun game. I hope you all enjoyed the game as well. ;)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
harold, i don't care what the others say about you, you're my hero

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
thanks harry i liked your rap

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Splode posted:

You were a good town player, well done. I hope you get scum next so you can feel the thrill of leading people in hilarious circles!

Thanks!

Milky Moor posted:

I think it varies from game to game but all the games I've played in they can do both but sometimes only to the same target. I was banking on people assuming this, however. It formed the core of my multiple alibis. That, and I never actually murdered anyone. Always had subordinates do it and always vanilla scum first.

Well it got me.

I just realised Bif lied when she role claimed. Son of a bitch, that half-assed exasperated role claim tricked me.

Ironic Sex Tourist posted:

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i don't know if my favourite death was the rumble rap or "'i don't need high viscosity oil to have a good time!' 'mate.'"

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i poo poo on the walls

the walls inside the malls

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:
End of Mafia Rap by Harold Krell

A game where people play all day long.
Together we sing our Mafia song.
So why don't all of you sing along?

Helping mafia is what I did.
I did a good job making town dead.
Though Milky Moor would say otherwise instead.

A man named webmeister was completely fooled!
Unlike Bifauxnen, who was kind of a tool.
Splode be night killin' all old school.

People be coming, and people be going.
Only to be killed by the mafia showing.
Lynches, lies and "Bee bee boo-ing!"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

harold, i was very proud of you when you came into the thread and said HELLO THIS IS COSMOS

just like we had planned

i was less proud when you immediately pointed the finger at me

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
i don't think harold should be banned from future games, he makes everything more exciting

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
he's like an imp

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Splode posted:

Save me from trawling scum doc, how did you guys take being thrown under the bus by milky and bif?

Most of us, and me after I blew my load shooting at soag where happy to drop under a bus if it meant covering the team.

Splode posted:

Wait? didnt you nightkill me anyway?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Well, at least it'll give Anidav a chance to survive D1.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Bifauxnen posted:

Well, at least it'll give Anidav a chance to survive D1.

"but when you read this Beet that was a cool game and I'm glad you brought it up for Anidav haha"

:D

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Nope, no Harolds. Not even one.

Tithin you asked why we hadn't lynched Harold after he said he's scum a couple of times. I was ignoring anything Harold was saying because it couldn't be trusted either way. I wouldn't have been surprised if he was town loving with town or scum loving with town and his own team. I figured it was better to chase others for the time being, until things slowed down enough for a Harold lynch detour.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommofork posted:

Some more mafia trivia that was previously unknown to anyone but me:

Before I realized just sending PMs was far more efficient, I made a duplicate copy of the scumdoc that I was going to have us hop over to without Harold, and it was called "NO HAROLD CLUB (not even one allowed"

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

Tommofork posted:

Tithin you asked why we hadn't lynched Harold after he said he's scum a couple of times. I was ignoring anything Harold was saying because it couldn't be trusted either way. I wouldn't have been surprised if he was town loving with town or scum loving with town and his own team. I figured it was better to chase others for the time being, until things slowed down enough for a Harold lynch detour.

Given that Harold didn't want to tell us anything, I was worried that he had some sort of role that we wouldn't want to lose or he would - somehow - deploy at just the right moment.

Which... he sort of did?

Well... played? :confused:

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

man of my word costs me

Bifauxnen posted:

Some more mafia trivia that was previously unknown to anyone but me:

Before I realized just sending PMs was far more efficient, I made a duplicate copy of the scumdoc that I was going to have us hop over to without Harold, and it was called "NO HAROLD CLUB (not even one allowed"

:laffo: The PM thing was so good, going behind a scummate's back.

Milky Moor posted:

Given that Harold didn't want to tell us anything, I was worried that he had some sort of role that we wouldn't want to lose or he would - somehow - deploy at just the right moment.

Which... he sort of did?

Well... played? :confused:

Yeah overall he worked out well for scum I guess?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironic Sex Tourist
Jan 18, 2015

by XyloJW
has everyone missed the bit where ANIDAV PM'D SPHYXY asking to be put back into the game when MC ED quit, after he'd already been voted out, and then sent sphxy abusive PMs?

jesus loving wept what is wrong with that child

• Locked thread