Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I'm pretty sure he asked them to not reveal his info.

the timeline is

-CNN called him and emailed him, he did not reply
-he posted the apology and wiped his posts
-he called CNN back (aka not initiating contact, but replying to their earlier attempt to contact him)
-the story was published

what was in the original attempts to contact him? no one knows
what did he say when he returned their calls? no one knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

VikingSkull posted:

the timeline is

-CNN called him and emailed him, he did not reply
-he posted the apology and wiped his posts
-he called CNN back (aka not initiating contact, but replying to their earlier attempt to contact him)
-the story was published

what was in the original attempts to contact him? no one knows
what did he say when he returned their calls? no one knows

the timeline of a meme unraveling is our generations zapruder film

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I better doxx my wife and ask if we have any plans tomorrow.

Thats not doxxing that's just violating a restraining order

Slow-Scan Shep
Jul 11, 2001

hi guys, quick reminder here before you go on with your circular arguments about doxxing: CNN, along with most other cable news outlets, was a year ago to this very day giving Trump the 100% free publicity (via news coverage of his Twitter stupidity, celebrity guest appearances, rallies and other such free airtime that every other candidate had to pay out the rear end and nose for) that he used to secure the presidency.

That is the reason, and the only reason that makes any loving sense, why they took this straight-up personally and went after the Redditor that posted the GIF so hard. Any less dysfunctional news outlet would have taken the angle of "why is someone with the nuclear football browsing his own Reddit fanclub, how the gently caress did we get here" - but again, that would reflect badly on CNN, itself, for being part of the problem. So some dipshit nobody's posting history it is.

Then this drops:

quote:

Andrew Auernheimer, the notorious hacker and Internet troll known as ‘Weev,’ rallied the neo-Nazi Daily Stormer’s troll army for its latest campaign this morning, claiming that CNN was blackmailing a “teen shitposter.”

The events leading to this online call to arms began Sunday morning, when President Trump tweeted a gif created by Reddit user HanAssholeSolo depicting a scene from Wrestlemania XXIII in which Trump body slams and pummels WWE promoter Vince McMahon. In the gif, the CNN logo is superimposed over McMahon’s face.

Auernheimer heralded the tweet as “easily the greatest tweet in the history of Twitter.”

After scouring HanAssholeSolo's Reddit account, which contained scores of racist and xenophobic postings, CNN’s KFile was able to track down the user’s Facebook page and contact him.

Fearing public embarrassment and his safety, HanAssholeSolo published a lengthy apology on the Reddit group r/theDonald, asking that CNN not publish his identity. (The apology has since been removed.)

Alt-righter Jack Posobiec claims HanAssholeSolo is a 15 year-old LGBT person; however, CNN has identified the Reddit user as an adult male. (via Twitter)

CNN obliged, on the condition that HanAssholeSolo remove his offending posts and cease his trolling, but that didn’t stop the self-proclaimed “real media” at the Daily Stormer from issuing an ultimatum to every staffer at CNN.

“Just like CNN tracked down this child and used media exposure as a bludgeon against him for posting (truthful and funny) things that they don’t like, we are going to begin tracking down their families as a bludgeon against them for publishing (seditiously fraudulent) things that we don’t like,” wrote Auernheimer. “CNN, this is your one singular chance to walk back this behavior of public blackmail. You have one week to fix this.”

Auernheimer’s list of demands includes the public firing of the KFile team, a denouncement of their alleged threats, a $50,000 college scholarship for HanAssholeSolo, and a public assurance that “he and his family will never be harmed by your organization.”

The only problem: HanAssholeSolo is an adult, according to CNN.

Andrew Kaczynski, senor editor of CNN's KFile, Tweets that HanAssholeSolo is an adult, not a teenager, as some have claimed. (via Twitter)

“We are going to track down your parents. We are going to track down your siblings. We are going to track down your spouses. We are going to track down your children. Because hey, that’s what you guys get to do, right? We’re going to see how you like it when our reporters are hunting down your children,” continued Auernheimer.

Auernheimer instructed CNN employees that do not want to be doxed to quit within the week and denounce the organization’s alleged blackmail.

“We didn’t make these rules – you did – and now we’re going to force you to play by them. Hope you enjoy what is coming, you filthy rat kike bastards. Kill yourselves, kike news fakers. You deserve every single bit of what you are about to get,” concluded Auernheimer.

The call to "kill the lying mass of poo poo that is CNN" posted to 4chan's politically incorrect forum, /pol/.

Within hours, personal information for multiple CNN staffers and their family members -- alongside images and gifs of individuals with CNN superimposed over their faces being shot in the head -- appeared in the comments of the posting.

The incident is a rare moment of unity for the far-right with members of r/theDonald, 4chan, the Daily Stormer, and the alt-lite banding together to attack CNN.

weev picks his battles carefully, he is intelligent and potentially very dangerous. As a matter of fact his only real weakness seems to be that he's always been such a sociopath that I'd bet some money that the only real side he's on is his own self. This of course leads to some fairly disturbing thoughts, such as:

1. He could easily have wound up as some sort of toxic broken liberal type like his ex Shanely (and him not doing so being mainly a function of when he was busted, when he was released, and who he met on the inside). This isn't that disturbing on second thought because at least he would not have been able to do nearly as much harm that way. Under this scenario he would have been spending his days making the twitter left infighting problem even worse (which is probably impossible).

2. The dude is spookier than Halloween, given his early release and such. He would not be the first such case by a long loving shot.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

MageMage posted:

Dear Reddit GBS:

Reddit users doxx thousands of people who don't even browse Reddit and ruins lives. *crickets*

CNN says they found the Reddit user "uuuuugh they doxxed they doxxed lol trump trump trumpitty trump they are the worse people"

GBS is just Reddit hive-mind lite now.

Average reddit user online behavior now the benchmark for CNN journalism, confirmed.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

papa_november posted:

hi guys, quick reminder here before you go on with your circular arguments about doxxing: CNN, along with most other cable news outlets, was a year ago to this very day giving Trump the 100% free publicity (via news coverage of his Twitter stupidity, celebrity guest appearances, rallies and other such free airtime that every other candidate had to pay out the rear end and nose for) that he used to secure the presidency.

That is the reason, and the only reason that makes any loving sense, why they took this straight-up personally and went after the Redditor that posted the GIF so hard. Any less dysfunctional news outlet would have taken the angle of "why is someone with the nuclear football browsing his own Reddit fanclub, how the gently caress did we get here" - but again, that would reflect badly on CNN, itself, for being part of the problem. So some dipshit nobody's posting history it is.

Then this drops:

weev picks his battles carefully, he is intelligent and potentially very dangerous. As a matter of fact his only real weakness seems to be that he's always been such a sociopath that I'd bet some money that the only real side he's on is his own self. This of course leads to some fairly disturbing thoughts, such as:

1. He could easily have wound up as some sort of toxic broken liberal type like his ex Shanely (and him not doing so being mainly a function of when he was busted, when he was released, and who he met on the inside). This isn't that disturbing on second thought because at least he would not have been able to do nearly as much harm that way. Under this scenario he would have been spending his days making the twitter left infighting problem even worse (which is probably impossible).

2. The dude is spookier than Halloween, given his early release and such. He would not be the first such case by a long loving shot.

I am so confused as to what is going on but it's amazing.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

quote:

We are going to track down your parents. We are going to track down your siblings. We are going to track down your spouses. We are going to track down your children. Because hey, that’s what you guys get to do, right? We’re going to see how you like it when our reporters are hunting down your children
This is fair and appropriate retaliation for the doxxing of a child, who was actually an adult and not a child, and actually wasn't doxxed. :downs:

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to go ahead and assume "The notorious hacker Weev" isn't going to reveal anything and CNN isn't going to fire anyone and the world will keep on spinning.

I would love to know how the email exchange went though.

Buccaneer
Jun 24, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

papa_november posted:

Then this drops:

Lol

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm sure all these CNN poo poo talkers would be against doxxing someone that was antitrump lmao. Like they'd be all falling over themselves to protect someone who wanted to anonymously talk poo poo about the president, I'm sure. Privacy on the internet would be their number one concern.

Lmao.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
No wait they totally doxxed the guy who punched Richard Spencer in his stupid nazi face and the fact that he was a poop eating cuckold made them look better because ________

Lol

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Streak posted:

No wait they totally doxxed the guy who punched Richard Spencer in his stupid nazi face and the fact that he was a poop eating cuckold made them look better because ________

Lol

The actual shiteating cuckold had died a few years before the punching iirc so they couldn't even get that right

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Anyone know what Ted Turner's up to?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Volcott posted:

Hopefully finding a way to bring back the WCW.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Noblesse Obliged posted:

Thats not doxxing that's just violating a restraining order

:laffo:

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007

Volcott posted:

He's PISSED.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Idk I used to talk to weev a lot on irc , he always seemed like your bog standard yospos nerdo to me

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Streak posted:

I'm sure all these CNN poo poo talkers would be against doxxing someone that was antitrump lmao. Like they'd be all falling over themselves to protect someone who wanted to anonymously talk poo poo about the president, I'm sure. Privacy on the internet would be their number one concern.

Lmao.

well look, the guy is a racist and gently caress him, right?

*ignores the fact that CNN only went after him based on the anti-CNN gif, also ignores the fact that there are dozens of other racist posters on t_d that CNN never touched*

gently caress racists!

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Decades ago I remember my dad calling them the Clinton News Network, how apt that is now lmao

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

VikingSkull posted:

*ignores the fact that CNN only went after him based on the anti-CNN gif, also ignores the fact that there are dozens of other racist posters on t_d that CNN never touched*

gently caress racists!

You make a convincing argument. I now think that CNN should doxx all of the racist posters on T_D.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hate Donald Trump and his supporters so much that I'm going to defend a multi-billion dollar corporation that's eroding my first amendment rights.

gently caress you, dad!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

VikingSkull posted:

gently caress racists!

CNN getting the donald shut down is a worthy goal its true

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

a bone to pick posted:

I hate Donald Trump and his supporters so much that I'm going to defend a multi-billion dollar corporation that's eroding my first amendment rights.

gently caress you, dad!

Lol wait which multi billion dollar corporation are you talking about, trump or CNN?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Idk I used to talk to weev a lot on irc , he always seemed like your bog standard yospos nerdo to me

What were the topics of conversation?

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

VikingSkull posted:

gently caress racists!

you appear to be mistaking my disdain for the_donald shitheads and their ilk with support for CNN. maybe in the future don't do that ya fuckin dummy

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
We're all ilk.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Streak posted:

Like they'd be all falling over themselves to protect someone who wanted to anonymously talk poo poo about the president

They'd have to dox the world though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Jose posted:

CNN getting the donald shut down is a worthy goal its true

This is a true statement.

• Locked thread