Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
man, i don't care if they're wearing jeans but it took 2 hours to have them swap the battery in my phone because of their defective poo poo and i had a Genius Bar appointment, which is pretty loving ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Krispy Kareem posted:

Apple store employees should be in all space gray damnit!

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Saddle brown.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Jet black.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

rear end Catchcum posted:

Oh totally ymmv that's why if something doesn't work out I'll roll the dice and come back for another employee.

I get how stupid the clothing thing is it was just something I noticed and was surprised by. Like if target employees started wearing jeans, I wouldn't care, but I'd notice.

AFAIK target doesn't even care what kind of shirt you wear as long as it's solid red.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

By golly those overworked minimum wage workers better give me 5 star treatment and dress professionally with Military creases or I'm calling corporate

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Oh totally ymmv that's why if something doesn't work out I'll roll the dice and come back for another employee.

I get how stupid the clothing thing is it was just something I noticed and was surprised by. Like if target employees started wearing jeans, I wouldn't care, but I'd notice.

Are you serious? Go buy an LG tupperware EXCITE NOTE 13B and try to get it fixed and see how the other half lives.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I'm simply saying I've noticed a decline in service over the last few years. I never said suddenly Apple is worse than other electronics manufacturers. You can still enjoy a company and criticize it. Nobody's perfect.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Aren't you the guy who melted down over iterative changes to watch bands?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Lol

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)

xzzy posted:

I didn't pay $1000 for my premium pocket computer to be serviced by unkempt peons. Jobs would never have let this happen.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Yes. Yes you are.

I don't mind updates but Apple updates are usually announced. Stealth updates are shady imo. Rubs me the wrong way.

If they think it's an inferior band replace it for the customers that supported you. I don't think this is equivalent to yearly phone refreshes.

What does that mean gen 3? They've released three versions? To get leather right?

That seems really lovely if you bought an older version.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

rear end Catchcum is a national treasure. Protect cum at all costs.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Being able to disable notifications for reactions to messages in iMessage is a feature I would kill for.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Jan 13, 2017

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
Maybe a blind spot but I don't really see the issue. I have two separate problems with Apple, so what?

Silent updates are lame. If I have to loving Google research which band I have and how to know which one is the latest one, that's lame.

And a decline in service is also lame.

But I guess we should just stay silent and never air complaints, as trivial as they might be? That doesn't sound like blind fandom at all.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Your initial complaint was literally that they were wearing jeans and layered shirts, which 1) has no bearing on the quality of service and 2) makes you sound like an insane crotchety rear end in a top hat.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

Maybe a blind spot but I don't really see the issue. I have two separate problems with Apple, so what?

Silent updates are lame. If I have to loving Google research which band I have and how to know which one is the latest one, that's lame.

And a decline in service is also lame.

But I guess we should just stay silent and never air complaints, as trivial as they might be? That doesn't sound like blind fandom at all.

I think you might be missing "context" or "perspective." Crying chicken little out of tiny perceived slights is a quick way to get ignored if you have a real problem. Neither of these things are real problems.

Either that or we're getting very subtly trolled.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I was pretty upfront about the clothes thing being a nit picky thing. But different retail stores have different standards, clean shoes, non-frayed jeans, etc. I don't care what people wear and retail is a tough job so be as comfortable as possible, but I can still comment on the noticed decline in the standard Apple used to impose.

The silent update thing I stand by. They don't have to announce it but a little more transparency and a way to actually find out what the gently caress you have comparatively without having to do detective work would be nice. This is really such a crazy request?

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Did iOS 10 do anything to address the opaque "is it working?" effect of Optimize Photo Storage? A lot of people turned it on and saw nothing, and other people report the locally-stored thumbnails are large enough that turning off Photo Library causes an enormous savings of space. It was made worse by the fact that the documentation for this stuff suggests you not worry your pretty lil' head about it.

I'm willing to pay $1/mo for 50GB and hope that before I ever reach that point, Apple will raise the limits of their storage tiers. But I actually want as much device storage as possible because I'm OCD about that kind of thing. Google seems to have this "click this one button and we'll nuke all the photos we've saved to the cloud" approach.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

I don't really pay any attention to this thread, because historically it's been ok. Been getting an uptick in reports so I guess now I've got to actually read what you fuckers are saying in here.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Thermopyle posted:

I don't really pay any attention to this thread, because historically it's been ok. Been getting an uptick in reports so I guess now I've got to actually read what you fuckers are saying in here.

Here, hold my drink, watch this:

Whats a good leather case which isnt Apple-made? I tried that Saddle Brown one at Best Buy the other day. While it's nice, it feels way too thin and dainty. I'd like something with a little more mass so my phone can survive the periodic drops.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Dali Parton posted:

Whats a good leather case which isnt Apple-made? I tried that Saddle Brown one at Best Buy the other day. While it's nice, it feels way too thin and dainty. I'd like something with a little more mass so my phone can survive the periodic drops.

Otter box can be really good for potentially phone dangerous activities. It comes in many colors and is very affordable on Amazon. God bless!

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dali Parton posted:

Speck Presidio cases are their revised Candyshell line for iPhone 7 phones and are pretty good if you want a quality protective case that isn't stupidly overpriced or annoyingly thick/cheap feeling like an Otterbox. Go with the Presidio Grip if you like the grippy "tracks" on the old Candyshell Grip that everyone and their grandma had, but all Presidio options are solid.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Jan 16, 2017

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Speck Presidio cases are their revised Candyshell line for iPhone 7 phones and are pretty good if you want a quality protective case that isn't stupidly overpriced or annoyingly thick/cheap feeling like an Otterbox.

Um... excuse me friend... could we keep the aggression and animosity to a minimum? This is a space for all people and ideas.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

Speck Presidio cases are their revised Candyshell line for iPhone 7 phones and are pretty good if you want a quality protective case that isn't stupidly overpriced or annoyingly thick/cheap feeling like an Otterbox. Go with the Presidio Grip if you like the grippy "tracks" on the old Candyshell Grip that everyone and their grandma had, but all Presidio options are solid.

I don't see any Speck leather cases

Lookin at the Otterbox ones too, but the leather mixed in with plastic all around looks all :pwn:

CygnusTM
Oct 11, 2002

Dali Parton posted:

There is the Nomad leather case, but I don't think it is any thicker than the Apple case.

Edit: than, not that

CygnusTM fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jan 16, 2017

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Dali Parton posted:

I don't see any Speck leather cases

Lookin at the Otterbox ones too, but the leather mixed in with plastic all around looks all :pwn:

Oh, I misread that you specifically want a leather case. Whoops. My bad.

If you're looking for a more protective leather case, there are very few choices. You can go with Nomad's leather case. It's significantly more protective than an Apple case, but honestly, it feels like crap compared to Apple's design. The button covers are weird and flimsy and it just feels cheaper in contrast to Apple. But if you want leather and protective for an iPhone 7, again, there are few options right now.

Looks like there's something called a Gear4 Mayfair but I have never seen or touched it in the wild. It might be available in the UK only. Maybe there will be more leather cases later in the year, so I'd keep up with the news.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Friends the whole question was a trap! We are being played as fools! The answer is always Saddle Brown!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Using my fully sick saddle right now

maduin
Mar 4, 2003
meat is murder you loving speciesist assholes

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Case chat:

I got one of those wallet cases that fits a couple cards in the back and it's dope. It's also magnetize for my magnetic car mount

Thanks for reading god bless

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money
Are your credit cards still functional?

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I just cut a little around the camera hole on my iPhone 6 (Saddle Brown) case and it works perfectly for my 7.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Lol, the iOS tv app looks like it ignore some restrictions settings and will display a store full of all ages worth of content even if you have the store disabled and ratings restrictions in place.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

These storms need to stop. My AirPods have been stuck in Idaho for a week.

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

I work for a small delivery company and each driver (about 10 of us) has an iPhone for communication / delivery confirmation / GPS. A couple questions.

1. Originally I had set each phone to be on the same iCloud account for easy Contacts list syncing. Turns out this causes calls and texts to be routed to the wrong phone pretty often. Oops. Is there a way to keep one master contact list that automatically updates across phones without having this problem?
2. Charging cables are starting to go bad (or missing... :rolleyes:) Wheres a good place to get Lightning Cables and Car Adapters in bulk without breaking the bank?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Ezzer posted:

I work for a small delivery company and each driver (about 10 of us) has an iPhone for communication / delivery confirmation / GPS. A couple questions.

1. Originally I had set each phone to be on the same iCloud account for easy Contacts list syncing. Turns out this causes calls and texts to be routed to the wrong phone pretty often. Oops. Is there a way to keep one master contact list that automatically updates across phones without having this problem?
2. Charging cables are starting to go bad (or missing... :rolleyes:) Wheres a good place to get Lightning Cables and Car Adapters in bulk without breaking the bank?

1. Airwatch
2. Amazon basics

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ezzer posted:

1. I imagine making a Google account for contacts, then signing everyone out of the shared iCloud account will make things go where they're intended, though it's happening because people are trying to contact the iCloud account and not the phone number, so it might require telling those people to change who they are messaging.

2. AmazonBasics/Anker/Monoprice

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

1. Airwatch
2. Amazon basics

Airwatch looks interesting, might be a little more involved than what the Owner is willing to pay me to do lmao. Dunno if he'd want to buy a license either. I'll pitch it to him, though. I was thinking more along the lines of like, Family Sharing or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

There's no family sharing for contacts, no.

Do keep in mind there's something like nine places to log into iCloud and you can still use it for things like the App Store without syncing contacts.