Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Rotomdex is cold making poo poo up. "You know those rat-infested restaurants? Those are actually the best ones!"
This gizmo is going to cause a cholera outbreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Pentaro posted:

Rotomdex is cold making poo poo up. "You know those rat-infested restaurants? Those are actually the best ones!"
This gizmo is going to cause a cholera outbreak.

U ever see ratatouille

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Rattatatouille but with Faba as Anton Ego.

Gimme a moment, gonna grab my sketchbook.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Pentaro posted:

Rattatatouille but with Faba as Anton Ego.

Gimme a moment, gonna grab my sketchbook.

Raticatering

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My starter Rowlet(now Decidueye) was a girl, who do I need it to gently caress to get some more Rowlets? Will it gently caress Ash-Greninja? Any plant type? Any ghost type?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

greatn posted:

My starter Rowlet(now Decidueye) was a girl, who do I need it to gently caress to get some more Rowlets? Will it gently caress Ash-Greninja? Any plant type? Any ghost type?

Just use ditto unless you're going for egg moves

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Uhgghghg i beat this goddamn ghost totem pokeman but forgot to save and now i can't beat it again. Fukkin one-shots my decidueye and it has a fuckin lum berry so i can't Toxic it. I hate having to level grind D;

HOOOOONK

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I don't have ditto. I thought ditto was just used as mom anyway.

I don't know when ditto well be available, I just want some baby Rowlets so I can get litten and popplio.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
also i caught a shiny tentecool it has all the worst abilities/traits 10/10 love this game fucucckckck

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Jimmy Hats posted:

also i caught a shiny tentecool it has all the worst abilities/traits 10/10 love this game fucucckckck

Just put it in a folder labeled "shiny living Dex"

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Hmm, you're right, I should go for a Shiny Beast Ball dex after getting my regular Beast Ball Dex.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Alright, Love Ball Togekiss get.

... who wanted this again?

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Dizz posted:

Got destiny knots ready for whomever wanted one.

0233 - 1931 - 6531

I would kill to have just one destiny knot.

1307 - 0135 - 6119

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Supremezero posted:

It certainly wasn't me but I'd love one, Togekiss is my favorite annoying rear end in a top hat mon.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

I swear if one more person DCs from the drat battlespot

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The Shortest Path posted:

It certainly wasn't me but I'd love one, Togekiss is my favorite annoying rear end in a top hat mon.

Well, technically they'll be togepi's, but I'll trade you one if you help me evolve one of my Synchronize Kadabras.

FC: 1891-1454-3807, IGN: Estelle.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Jimmy Hats posted:

Uhgghghg i beat this goddamn ghost totem pokeman but forgot to save and now i can't beat it again. Fukkin one-shots my decidueye and it has a fuckin lum berry so i can't Toxic it. I hate having to level grind D;

HOOOOONK

Just Toxic it twice then.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
*looks back to check*

Oh, it was Note Block. Come at me bro.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Deified Data posted:

Just Toxic it twice then.

Or use Pluck or Bug Bite to eat the berry and destroy its disguise in one fell swoop.

Does anyone know how getting wild Pokemon on the pelago to stay works? Is it entirely random, or can you influence them somehow? I would think beans would make it more likely that they'd stay, but I'm not sure.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Solumin posted:

Or use Pluck or Bug Bite to eat the berry and destroy its disguise in one fell swoop.

Does anyone know how getting wild Pokemon on the pelago to stay works? Is it entirely random, or can you influence them somehow? I would think beans would make it more likely that they'd stay, but I'm not sure.

From what I can tell you have to see one with a ? around its head, poke it and then wait a day and it may come back with a <3 around its head in which case you poke it again and it joins you

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Waffles Inc. posted:

From what I can tell you have to see one with a ? around its head, poke it and then wait a day and it may come back with a <3 around its head in which case you poke it again and it joins you

Yeah, I know that. I was asking if there's a way to make it more likely to happen. I know beans make more wild Pokemon appear, but do they also make wild Pokemon stay?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Waffles Inc. posted:

He means after you poke the one ? over it. Which I want to know to cause I had an adamant Pinsir and Trevenant at the same time and neither stayed. :(

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I DON'T EVEN CARE THAT IT HAS HONEY GATHER

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Does this game use Streetpass?

Arsonide
Oct 18, 2007

You're breaking my balls here
Just had my first online battle. I haven't beat the game or anything, I just made it to island two, but I thought perhaps it would attempt to do some form of matchmaking. It did not. It paired off my team of teen-level pokemans against a team of three level 50s I've never heard of against some dude in Japan.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
God Bewear is a beast.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Supremezero posted:

Well, technically they'll be togepi's, but I'll trade you one if you help me evolve one of my Synchronize Kadabras.

FC: 1891-1454-3807, IGN: Estelle.

Awesome, sounds great.

Meliadoul, 4699-6503-7121

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Just saw an interesting strategy for chaining dittos.

Lead with a pokemon with Recycle as its only move. Wait until the blob transforms, swap into a Pokemon with Switcheroo to give it a Leppa Berry, False Swipe it and endlessly chain from there.

I haven't tried SOS chaining yet but that sounds like a decent strategy. Is it any easier than any current method?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Lead with a pokemon with Recycle as its only move. Wait until the blob transforms, swap into a Pokemon with Switcheroo to give it a Leppa Berry, False Swipe it and endlessly chain from there.

I haven't tried SOS chaining yet but that sounds like a decent strategy. Is it any easier than any current method?

I have doubts that SOS chaining works. A lot of videos I saw glorified it as "super fast you'll be done in a couple hours tops" but

That seems kinda hokey given what I went through.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I have doubts that SOS chaining works. A lot of videos I saw glorified it as "super fast you'll be done in a couple hours tops" but

That seems kinda hokey given what I went through.

Err... it absolutely, 100% does work. Chained pokemon have a chance for their hidden ability, and have increasing numbers of perfect IVs (4 at 40+chain). These are easily verifiable ingame.

If you're talking shinies, even at max chain it's supposedly a 1/50,000 chance, so good luck!

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Just got wiped for the first time, against Guzma in Aether Paradise. drat, Masquerain did get buffed!!

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Chill Penguin posted:

Just got wiped for the first time, against Guzma in Aether Paradise. drat, Masquerain did get buffed!!

Are you playing moon? Every Masquerain I saw just got deleted by Accelerock

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Alright so the MMD's for this game can sometimes turn up some gold. Spoilered due to end game revelations.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThiH1jXVT1M

Also for those asking about Pokefinder scores I got and 11,000 from a Goodra walking away from me in the Lush Jungle spot. He starts on the left the walks off and doesn't come back and then when I tried the spot again I got a Fomantis running around worth next to nothing. So yeah the rarer the Pokemon at the spot will help those points out.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Xander B Coolridge posted:

This is how I've been doing it only using Alakazam with Trick and then just spamming psychic on the summoned ditto.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Mazerunner posted:

what's everyone's highest rated picture thing

mine's 6,272

I haven't saved it, but during a second trip through the Melemele Meadow I took a photo of a cheering yellow Oricorio that got me like 10k. Generally it seems that taking a close-up from the front during an animation is the secret to getting those likes.

Supremezero posted:

Note Block.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Nov 29, 2016

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Someone dumped the Battle Tree trainer and Battle Royal trainer data if you want some help in streaking in the former.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

So what do you do when the subject is facing away from you and won't turn around? They tend to be like that sometimes even if you exit and check again. Sometines they're like that even if it's the first time you've seen them, which is annoying.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Solumin posted:

Yeah, I know that. I was asking if there's a way to make it more likely to happen. I know beans make more wild Pokemon appear, but do they also make wild Pokemon stay?

Oh word, sorry

The strategy guide I've got is mum on the effect of berries in the cart on the stay/leave rate of the pokes

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I tried all my male grass and ghost Pokemon and my Decidueye won't gently caress any of them. How can I get baby Rowlet cause I don't think I'll see ditto for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

greatn posted:

I tried all my male grass and ghost Pokemon and my Decidueye won't gently caress any of them. How can I get baby Rowlet cause I don't think I'll see ditto for a while.

Do the QR code for ditto and then hunt for one on GTS, or one of these goons will surely send one your way.