Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Yeah gently caress love. Eugenics is the way to go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

Dexo posted:

:same:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Melo....
https://twitter.com/carmeloanthony/status/841391145045319680

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Finally something to replace "The Lawnchair Favela" as my favorite piece of Melo Art

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying it's a cold world and if you can make life much easier for your kids by marrying someone you like who's also an elite athlete, why not.

Rich people set up family alliance marriages all the time. It was only a time before members of the pro basketball guild started doing the same thing. Like the actress Rooney Mara's parents are the children of two different NFL owners. Josh Kroenke married a wal mart owner's daughter and his kids are going to be billionaires until the class war comes around. The Detroit lions current owner is a woman whose last name is goodyear-ford

Basketball players just play basketball, it's all they do. So if they can meet another basketball player or athlete and identify with the elite athlete experience and have enough chemistry to gently caress and have some little athlete kids, who's to say that's wrong.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Mar 14, 2017

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
So the guy from the Balkans is big on eugenics, huh?

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Jota posted:

So the guy from the Balkans is big on eugenics, huh?

I won't be slandered
Plus Balkan people are 99.99% genetically related . If you want to find accidental eugenics in the mountains look at the average height of people from Dalmatia. It's a big reason why so many big men come from such a small place

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I saw that the Cavaliers are signing The L8 Show and Shams Charania thinks they will have an option on next season.

That's basically what I wanted the Rockets to do. Give him part of a season to get back in the swing of things and see if he's okay next season.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm not saying it's good, I'm just saying it's a cold world and if you can make life much easier for your kids by marrying someone you like who's also an elite athlete, why not.

Rich people set up family alliance marriages all the time. It was only a time before members of the pro basketball guild started doing the same thing. Like the actress Rooney Mara's parents are the children of two different NFL owners. Josh Kroenke married a wal mart owner's daughter and his kids are going to be billionaires until the class war comes around. The Detroit lions current owner is a woman whose last name is goodyear-ford

Basketball players just play basketball, it's all they do. So if they can meet another basketball player or athlete and identify with the elite athlete experience and have enough chemistry to gently caress and have some little athlete kids, who's to say that's wrong.

Wait no, I was agreeing with you. I'm 5'8 and fat while my 6'8 cousin on my mom's side is off playing D1 basketball.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

I honestly started reading that lamar ball article thinking it was maybe some kind of 9th dimensional chess where he tries to draw media scrutiny to deflect it from his sons but it turns out he's actually just stupid as poo poo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

xbilkis posted:

Fred Hoiberg is so lost that he's reuniting the Three Alphas

https://twitter.com/kcjhoop/status/841408344581656576

Let's get Jimmy some easy looks by benching a passible shooter for Rajon Rondo

The most relatistic draft trade target is Frank Ntilikina but his shot is "still developing" but his other indicators are good.

It would be great if they could trade something to get Dennis Smith, who really can't shoot threes but probably will learn, that would also be nice.

They really should just tank the season and hope they can squeeze into the 8th or 10th pick, if thats possible. They really need young talent

Dexo posted:

Wait no, I was agreeing with you. I'm 5'8 and fat while my 6'8 cousin on my mom's side is off playing D1 basketball.
Oh my mistake, I misread your tone

My parents genes combined to make me tall (for a normal human being) broad shouldered and lanky but big chested so my lungs can really inflate, and it really haelped me in my short career as an xc mtb racer.

I need a good rich woman to settle down with

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Mar 14, 2017

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/patokeefe12/status/841438585995825152

:smith:

have fond memories of him calling games with marv

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/841437693930217472
This dude is straight up made of paper

Also Ximo got shut down again, says hes giving it up for good.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Away all Goats posted:

https://twitter.com/espn_macmahon/status/841437693930217472
This dude is straight up made of paper

Also Ximo got shut down again, says hes giving it up for good.

There's going to be some athlete out of court settlements with doctors who pushed microfractrue, it went from panacea to fool's gold so quickly

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Dejan Bimble posted:

There's going to be some athlete out of court settlements with doctors who pushed microfractrue, it went from panacea to fool's gold so quickly

Even back when Stoudemire was still good I remember people saying "well he's got about 2 years left." The Suns refused to give him a 5 year contract. That said, being an idiot and not a doctor, I'm not clear on when microfracture is called for or if there is an alternative when you get to a certain point. Parsons is the only guy I can think of who's had it recently, so I wonder if they are moving away from it entirely.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

What level of sports fandom is it when you start keeping up with trends in knee surgeries

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

I think I should get credit towards an occupational therapy degree for all the time I've spent reading about this stuff

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

How in the gently caress

https://twitter.com/cf_gardner/status/841447041024835584

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Parsons should have never played in the playoffs vs Houston while unhealthy.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
When the Lakers were looking at Sanders (it was considered imminent but then the GM change happened) it was for one and an option, but they wanted to look at Nwaba first, and, honestly I'm glad they did since although it is true that point guard defense is unimportant in the NBA the Lakers perimeter defense is so loving bad that having someone play d helps the Lakers a bit more than throwing another center out there to be destroyed no matter how good a rim protector he is due to the free basket passes all game long.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

I'm sorry Dexo but the continued misadventures of the Chicago Bulls is my favorite NBA storyline

Halfling Wizard Bear
Oct 12, 2003

I have a competition in me. I want no one else to succeed. I hate most people.

Shear Modulus posted:

What level of sports fandom is it when you start keeping up with trends in knee surgeries

Healing response is a sham!!!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

chunkles posted:

Even back when Stoudemire was still good I remember people saying "well he's got about 2 years left." The Suns refused to give him a 5 year contract. That said, being an idiot and not a doctor, I'm not clear on when microfracture is called for or if there is an alternative when you get to a certain point. Parsons is the only guy I can think of who's had it recently, so I wonder if they are moving away from it entirely.

Microfracture is basically purposefully damaging the bone near the cartilage in order to recruit MSCs (mesenchymal stem cells) to help repair the damaged cartilage.

One of the problems is that the repaired cartilage is a different type of cartilage that isn't as durable as the original form.

An alternate method that's becoming more popular is to grow up a bunch of MSCs in a lab and inject them directly into the area; i.e. avoiding the drilling of the bone to recruit endogenous MSCs.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

AggressivelyStupid posted:

I'm sorry Dexo but the continued misadventures of the Chicago Bulls is my favorite NBA storyline

gently caress you. We are back 3 Alphas are back and all had 20

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Will this scoodenfroody never cease? Mods!

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Dexo posted:

gently caress you. We are back 3 Alphas are back and all had 20

Nikola, rondo, and Dwade?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Nikola, rondo, and Dwade?

You know it.

Never forget.

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/841457323369463808

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/841457426142515206

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shear Modulus posted:

Level 1 is: Why did this player who got microfracture surgery continue to get injuries and is much dimnished
Level 2 is: Why did all these players who got microfracture continue to get injuries
Level 3 is: Reading the medical literature and seeing that physicians are warned to avoid the procedure in anyone but the elderly
Level 4 is: Taking a bunch of medical related classes and shaking your drat head
Level 5 is: when you learn about the stolen corpse part sourcing for athlete tendon and ligament and bone graft procedures
Level 6 is: Not ever thinking about any of it and just focusing on things that actually matter and watching the games

Hoping to reach level 6 soon

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Fegan being sued by his former employer for trying to steal their business and employees for his own personal side business.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2017/03/11/basketball-agent-dan-fegan-accused-of-poisoning-employers-business/#4abc84a27b5a

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

This is a kind of familiar plot if you ever watched entourage. He needed the capital, or wanted the big bonus offered by ISE, and planned to leave once his contract was up, and take most of his client list with him, but not personally since that would probably break contractual agreements, and instead have them sign with his personal corporation with an agent under his employ.

Better to be a boss than be an employee, didn't need anyone skimming off his skim, especially since fees are capped, and the money for the agents is in endorsement deals, unless that's changed.

Apropros of not much, I'd never sign with Rich Paul, the idea that a slice of every dollar I make isn't just going to the dying billionaire rentier who owns the team, but Lebron James personally profits off of all my hard work, and I'm playing a sport where I'm supposed to beat him to be the best, no thank you. I doubt there are any warriors signed with them. Oh, here's the list http://www.draftexpress.com/agents/agency/Klutch-Sports-Management-139/

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Look at that team in first place with only one all star and MVP.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Bashez posted:

Look at that team in first place with only one all star and MVP.

How many future hall of famers are on that roster/coaching staff?

In all seriousness, this is a great year for MVP arguments. I can't wait to see who wins and the voting breakdown.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

for legendary-rear end bulls

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
well would you look at that?

16 games left in the season and its the San Antonio Spurs who are in first place in the west with the best record in the NBA.

in a season chock full of super teams and preordained winners a boring team with a bunch of has-beens and only one all-star is currently leading the league.

weird.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Does anyone outside of spurs fans themselves ever care what a spurs fan had to say in the past two decades

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
a spurs fan crying about no respect and proving everyone wrong in 2017 holy poo poo

thank god someone kneecapped kevin durant so they could have this opportunity to really show all those haters who said they'd be the 2nd best team in their conference

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Ahhh Rajon Rondo's triumphant return to the starting lineup has the Bulls in tip-top shape. Now to read an out-of-town newspaper and take a big sip of hot coffee from my "FRED HOIBERG COACH OF THE YEAR" mug

quote:

“My perspective on things [has changed], I would love to be part of a winning tradition or winning culture,” he said. “I thought I was going to get that here. The people up top are going in a different direction as far as experimenting. It [stinks] when you have the opportunity to make the playoffs and they want to go a different route.

“I’m looking for a straightforward coach. That’s what I’m looking forward to the most, sitting down with a coach. I want to develop a relationship and see what his goals are.”

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/03/12/onhoop/nBmxhmBnL7sPnXNCt2kZ9H/story.html

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

for legendary-rear end bulls

I forgot Joe Smith existed.

xbilkis posted:

Ahhh Rajon Rondo's triumphant return to the starting lineup has the Bulls in tip-top shape. Now to read an out-of-town newspaper and take a big sip of hot coffee from my "FRED HOIBERG COACH OF THE YEAR" mug

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/celtics/2017/03/12/onhoop/nBmxhmBnL7sPnXNCt2kZ9H/story.html

Who would have thought that loving Rondo would be my favorite Bull on this team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

V:

• Locked thread