Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
" guys..we hear you..were listening...weve a plan, a great plan to do....things....soon...ish.....maybe."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
And when they finally do have something to show it gets flattened out over 3 livesteams.

Why the gently caress does a basic balance patch need a loving livesteam. Its infuriating.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
they arent doing a stream for a patch though

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
https://twitter.com/lars_bakken/status/935761692721598464

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

How these people get out of bed every morning without dying is a loving mystery, let alone how they made a (technically) functioning video game

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hey guys. I beat the campaign and got up to about 275 Light. Stopped playing a month after it came out, cause life.

XBXX update is almost out.

What’s new

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

89 posted:

Hey guys. I beat the campaign and got up to about 275 Light. Stopped playing a month after it came out, cause life.

XBXX update is almost out.

What’s new

nothing until tomorrow

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

:negative:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

How these people get out of bed every morning without dying is a loving mystery, let alone how they made a (technically) functioning video game

He's just playing dumb.

Everything in this game was intentional.

Bungie "fixed" the lag by removing everyone's connection bar.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

What? The more I read it the less it makes sense to me. How do they make a sequel to a game with a ping indicator, that basically uses the same engine and they're "not sure thats possible". I wish I had a job at bungie cos it seems like a place retards like myself can flourish

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

MechaSeinfeld posted:

What? The more I read it the less it makes sense to me. How do they make a sequel to a game with a ping indicator, that basically uses the same engine and they're "not sure thats possible". I wish I had a job at bungie cos it seems like a place retards like myself can flourish

the "not sure that's possible" thing is talking about menu music,

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Ah, that's what I get for :justpost:

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MechaSeinfeld posted:

Ah, that's what I get for :justpost:

Nah trust me it's them not you.

This is the company that admitted once it took half a day to move a shrub.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

CheeseFactory posted:

Nah trust me it's them not you.

This is the company that admitted once it took half a day to move a shrub.

The Bungie guys load it up and then when that finishes twelve hours later, the nighttime janitorial staff does the work.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

cvnvcnv posted:

The Bungie guys load it up and then when that finishes twelve hours later, the nighttime janitorial staff does the work.

live team origins revealed

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
What I don’t understand is how Bungie didn’t see this coming. I played a ton of D1 and as soon as Bungie announced 4v4 and fixed rolls it was obvious D2 would suck.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What I don’t understand is how Bungie didn’t see this coming.

Side effect of having successfully managed to maneuver your head deep within your butt.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

What I don’t understand is how Bungie didn’t see this coming. I played a ton of D1 and as soon as Bungie announced 4v4 and fixed rolls it was obvious D2 would suck.

i mean you nailed it perfectly with the pizza metaphor imo

competing fiefdoms that don’t communicate led by egomaniacs who have probably never been reprimanded for any sort of failure is not a great way to put out a title

the fact that bungie had to reboot d2 and shove out rise of iron says a whole lot

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Lars "i dont know if is possible to lower the volume in our lauch screen" Bakken

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
To be fair, "turn your TV volume down retard" is a pretty valid workaround for the music being too loud on the title screen

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Bungie incompetence is very lol

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
That comment about intro music reminds me. Any of y’all ever tried to take a nap during an episode of Bob Ross only to be jolted awake by the intro/outro music? It’s the worst. Welp, anyway, hope the blog post is good. Later.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
We've heard your complaints and we have listened

We're releasing 4k gaming and the macarena!!!!!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I heard "longer grenade and super cooldowns" and "moving snipers/shotguns to heavy" and I knew it was gonna suck.

I wish I'd listened to myself. I didn't play Destiny 1 until after TDB DLC and I feel like I missed a lot of the original complaints about the game. shoulda followed suit on this one and just played out the D1 ROI content while they ironed all of this out.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Would oneshot bodyshots balance snipers in pvp or make them overpowered?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

QuasiQuack posted:

I think that if high-impact snipers could 1-shot kill anywhere on the body and shotguns could 1-shot kill from a partial spread hit at medium range that would balance them pretty nicely.

No one uses these things in PVP (for the most part) because there is no "big play potential" in them. Rockets will absolutely net you multi-kills, as can swords and, if you're good enough, shotguns... but snipers are just too loving niche to see wide-spread use in PVP.

Also, moving snipers back to the energy slot would probably cause a drop-off in mida usage and I'm fine with that. At least snipers cause tunnel vision, whereas a mida gives everyone aim radar and that's just loving retarded in a game like this.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Nov 29, 2017

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

QuasiQuack posted:

It would finally make them usable. But then why would you ever choose a fusion rifle?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm a super space marine that can't punch things as hard anymore

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

QuasiQuack posted:

This would be fair, I believe.

I offer you a alternative: they do not kill, but they kick back the victim and if the victim collide with something, get some damage.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Fly Molo posted:

It would finally make them usable. But then why would you ever choose a fusion rifle?

Fusions and Snipers cater to very different playstyles. Someone who's down with 1-shot kills with a sniper isn't the kind of dude who'd rock a loving fusion rifle anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Tei posted:

This would be fair, I believe.

I offer you a alternative: they do not kill, but they kick back the victim and if the victim collide with something, get some damage.

lol, that would loving hard-own.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
If you kept ammo after death with heavies they would be plenty balanced and there'd be reasons to run a sniper. It wouldn't hurt rockets because you only have 2 rocks anyway.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah but i don’t go to McDonald’s and say “I’d like three Bigs Mac”!!

That’s because you pluralize the noun, which whopper is and big is not, you barbarian. You absolute dunce. You oaf.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I'd like 3 whoppers junior then

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

I'd like 3 whoppers junior then

Buddy....same

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hello Carl, I too am Caaaaaarl. And this is my son... Carls Jr.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Emron posted:

That’s because you pluralize the noun, which whopper is and big is not, you barbarian. You absolute dunce. You oaf.

i would like to propose that “big mac” is in fact a noun by itself since you can’t go to mcdonalds and order a “Mac”

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
*puts on Lars mask*

I did it, guys, I did it, say Lars after 9 hours of hardcore programming, I have managed to *lower* the volume of the launcher. Contact our lawyers!, we will patent this.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014

Chilichimp posted:

Also, moving snipers back to the energy slot would probably cause a drop-off in mida usage and I'm fine with that. At least snipers cause tunnel vision, whereas a mida gives everyone aim radar and that's just loving retarded in a game like this.

Imagine if you entered a scout rifle lane in pvp and the other team was watching it with 4 sniper rifles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Legs Benedict posted:

i would like to propose that “big mac” is in fact a noun by itself since you can’t go to mcdonalds and order a “Mac”

That isn’t how nouns work. You goddamned fools. You degenerates. I’m gonna walk around my office punching my hands and kicking my feet in rage over this