Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Dogfish posted:

people who say "disinterested" to mean "uninterested."

That's what it means though?

dictionary.com posted:

Disinterested and uninterested share a confused and confusing history. Disinterested was originally used to mean “not interested, indifferent”; uninterested in its earliest use meant “impartial.” By various developmental twists, disinterested is now used in both senses. Uninterested is used mainly in the sense “not interested, indifferent.” It is occasionally used to mean “not having a personal or property interest.”

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

BigglesSWE posted:

I just know that in my last fleeting moments on this Earth, a LOB post will suddenly flicker into existence from the recesses of my memory, and people will always wonder why I went all Marlon Brando in Acopalypse Now right there in the end.

The horror. The horror.

you know in that movie red where they show the new cia director a film of bruce willis killing people. they should just read lob posts to every politician for an hour each day.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

A young man shoves a planchette into his rear end and sits on a ouija board.

"Talk dirty to me"

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I can't help it if these ghosts are so goddamn sexy

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I can't help it if these ghosts are so goddamn sexy

Sally screams "bloody mary" over and over into a hand mirror as she fingerblasts herself.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Thatim posted:

I cant even laugh at Trump any more. I think he is the only person in the world I want to punch in the face.

I actually agree with this, but I'm certain he would be almost cupcake-soft. Like punching a foot-thick marshmallow.

Except full of salty eraser dust and shards of chewed teeth.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

theres way more ghosts than people so wouldnt everyone end up gay?

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

That's the gay agenda. Making sure everyone gets their own gay ghost, instead of just one person getting gangbanged by like a hundred million ghosts.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

banned from Starbucks posted:

The main reason behind the gay orientation of some men is that they are possessed by female ghosts. It is the female ghost in them that is attracted to other men. Conversely the attraction to females experienced by some lesbians is due to the presence of male ghosts in them. The ghost’s consciousness overpowers the person’s normal behaviour to produce the homosexual attraction. Spiritual research has shown that the cause for homosexual preferences lie predominantly in the spiritual realm.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lottery of Babylon posted:

The main reason behind the gay orientation of some men is that they are possessed by female ghosts. It is the female ghost in them that is attracted to other men. Conversely the attraction to females experienced by some lesbians is due to the presence of male ghosts in them. The ghost’s consciousness overpowers the person’s normal behaviour to produce the homosexual attraction. Spiritual research has shown that the cause for homosexual preferences lie predominantly in the spiritual realm.

As an actual female ghost I can confirm this is 100% true.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If someone is bi does that mean they have two ghosts or is it just because their one ghost is less horny than some other ghosts?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The Gay Ghost was my favorite episode of that Batman cartoon.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Andrast posted:

If someone is bi does that mean they have two ghosts or is it just because their one ghost is less horny than some other ghosts?

And what about asexual people?

Those poor, ghostless bastards...

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Parasol Prophet posted:

And what about asexual people?

Those poor, ghostless bastards...

Everyone is born with a ghost.
Normally the one you're born with stays, but sometimes a ghost of the opposite sex takes you over when your ghost goes out on a beer run.
And then there are those whose ghost goes out for cigarettes and never comes back.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

what if transghosts

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what if transghosts

Address them by their current gender identity regardless of original era

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
What if they were zombie goasts? Would they leave this place?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

What if they were zombie goasts? Would they leave this place?

No, because it is their home.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

bean_shadow posted:

Let that sink in!
Yeah! Just print more money! What could go wrong?
-Weimar Republic, 1921

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

If you want to stay straight you better study up:
http://www.spiritualresearchfoundation.org/how-ghosts-look

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Why do white people treat individual POCs like representatives of their entire race? If you had lovely white neighbors, you'd just be like oh those guys are lovely assholes, but homeboy has some lovely neighbors who are black and he decides that all black people are like that?

Racists are dumb.

banned from Starbucks posted:

Surely not all ghosts are gay.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Knormal posted:

You needed:

FairyNuff has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Oct 31, 2016

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

You were already racist, bear.

Man I am glad there's no racist bunny meme. I couldn't handle it.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Knormal posted:

Brak's a gay ghost?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Amazing. I don't know why I thought that this thing was too crazy to be racist but there we are.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

You needed:

Oklahoma City Thunder center Steven Adams is a rape ghost?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Here, have some more wonderful truck driver "wisdom" on this crisp Halloween morn':

OK, we get it, you're incredibly valuable to our entire economic functioning. There's absolutely no logistical equivalent to your Godlike prowess.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Kinda scary to find out about all these gay ghosts on Halloween of all days

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

I Killed GBS posted:

They already caught and arrested a woman who voted for Trump twice. She justified it by saying that "all the democrats are doing it."
Peer pressure is not an excuse. :mad:

ghost emoji
Mar 11, 2016

oooOooOOOooh
What's up with this whole "check in at Standing Rock so the police can't use facebook to track down the protestors there" thing? It seems well intentioned but I can't find an actual source, so I don't know if it's what the protestors actually want.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It is confusing America's well-intentioned but easily confused older relatives.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ghost emoji posted:

What's up with this whole "check in at Standing Rock so the police can't use facebook to track down the protestors there" thing? It seems well intentioned but I can't find an actual source, so I don't know if it's what the protestors actually want.

It's almost certainly BS but the solidarity check-in itself is actually neat. Much better than the Woodstock photo thing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Here, have some more wonderful truck driver "wisdom" on this crisp Halloween morn':

OK, we get it, you're incredibly valuable to our entire economic functioning. There's absolutely no logistical equivalent to your Godlike prowess.
cant wait to meet a truck driver and wipe my rear end on them

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I've seen only a small amount of anti-Standing Rock IOSM, considering I live in an area with a depressingly high amount of racism towards First Nations people. Most of what has been floating around is "The mainstream media doesn't want you to know!!!111" crap.

Though lately the new bison one has been pretty stupid.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum
Seems ultimately futile seeing as the police probably just has photographers and can use face tracking software to figure out who's actually protesting.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Grossts.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CommonShore posted:

I've seen only a small amount of anti-Standing Rock IOSM, considering I live in an area with a depressingly high amount of racism towards First Nations people. Most of what has been floating around is "The mainstream media doesn't want you to know!!!111" crap.

Though lately the new bison one has been pretty stupid.

Is that the thing about hundreds of bison appearing at the site as a sign from Mother Nature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Is that the thing about hundreds of bison appearing at the site as a sign from Mother Nature?

There's chain mail spreading on Facebook claiming that the police are using Facebook to identify who's protesting the Dakota oil pipeline at Standing Rock, so it's encouraging everyone who reads it to falsely check in at Standing Rock to keep the police from identifying protesters.

Of course, this isn't really useful because generally the cops don't chase after protesters to arrest them in their homes after they protested (unless they committed some serious crime like attacking a cop or seriously wrecking poo poo) and it doesn't stop them from arresting people in person at the protest.