Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Micromancer
Apr 17, 2002

He went out to the store
and when he got back
Roll-marks said .22 Short, jack.
If anything I could say that
this gun was rare
Its covered it sweat,
toilet water, and hair

orange juche posted:

IIRC it was verboten for CCP devs to have alts in big null blocs because of that exact thing after T20.

This was true until recently. Not only are devs encouraged to play the game they dev for now, they are also not necessarily bound to remain discreet about who they are.

https://www.eveonline.com/article/q2lr0i/devs-play-eve-ccp-policy-change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

IIRC it was verboten for CCP devs to have alts in big null blocs because of that exact thing after T20.

This was changed a few years back, so they're allowed to have alts in null alliances again, iirc.

You know, to better understand the null blocs.

e:fb

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

orange juche posted:

T20 mk 2, electric boogaloo? I can't find the source but at least one CCP weenie is flying on the side of the snake coalition. Maybe not openly, but it's really hard to stay objective and not put your finger on the scale for your side if you have the power to. IIRC it was verboten for CCP devs to have alts in big null blocs because of that exact thing after T20.

They weren't banned altogether, but it wasn't allowed if anyone outside CCP knew that the character belonged to a dev. Which obviously was quite difficult with all the ESI and background check stuff, so the majority didn't bother.

I sort of get that the bubbles were part of the invaders plan so it would be difficult for CCP to say something public about the policy without giving the game away, but people have been complaining about all the mobile depots in Jita and recently they all got cleared out, so they could have made a wider statement on deployables in general. In a similar way, they could have said something public about the boson trap to explain what went wrong and how they're fixing it, instead of a single comment in a twitch stream.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Micromancer posted:

This was true until recently. Not only are devs encouraged to play the game they dev for now, they are also not necessarily bound to remain discreet about who they are.

https://www.eveonline.com/article/q2lr0i/devs-play-eve-ccp-policy-change

I will not trust :ccp: employees in a corpo/alliance until they give me a free expensive item, proving my point as to why i don't trust them.,

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, I never got the botting accusations, myself. Like, we run the most densely populated region in the game. Where the gently caress are the bots going to live? Also, if we are botting, it's some weak-rear end botting poo poo. We could do much, much better...

i just don't get who's buying the RMT'd isk; it must be close to worthless at this point?

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Stealthgerbil posted:

Just imagine what they will do when they realize they would have to camp NPC delve forever to really drive us out.

It's one of those, 'they'll never be a real threat' and 'you can't really push people out of NPC Null'.

Both sides can be annoying, but home field advantage is huge. Bubble NPC Delve to hell and back, and cyno jam everything in jump range. Who needs FYF when you can make manually going 12 jumps actually hell on earth.

Let FCs go ham with covert cynos and bombers (and let people cut their teeth on fcing bombers (if 1b ships are well within SRP, 48m bombers should be a joke).

Xolve fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Oct 19, 2020

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

i just don't get who's buying the RMT'd isk; it must be close to worthless at this point?

Yeah, I don't get it, either. There's some sort of psychology at play that some of us seem to be completely immune to. Whales apparently exist and are spending shitloads of money on pixels.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Didn't CCP 'semi-nationalize' RMTing with skill injectors?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Skill injectors only transfer real money to CCP

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

BIG HEADLINE posted:

No more than what PLEX/timecards have done for over a decade.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Yeah, I don't get it, either. There's some sort of psychology at play that some of us seem to be completely immune to. Whales apparently exist and are spending shitloads of money on pixels.

I wouldnt consider myself a whale, but i pay to subscribe and sometimes buy 500 plex, though thats pretty rare.

gently caress pve, id rather do anything else. Im a dink so i can afford to pay a bit to shoot blasters in ppl's face

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i would be willing to bet that if goons are somehow evicted from delve the market will crash and burn and RMT'ing will make more sense and be more valuable

my :tinfoil: theory is the only reason we're currently being invaded by a coalition of folks who hate each other is related to this

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

idk if u missed it or not but globby is in goons now

I have been winning eve again for awhile and just came back to the thread like today, but gently caress, if that’s the case... :rip: goons.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

ZombieLenin posted:

I have been winning eve again for awhile and just came back to the thread like today, but gently caress, if that’s the case... :rip: goons.

elitistops and penifsmash are back as well

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

so dumb question, but is there a reason why our coalition alliance members don't widot into gsf to help with fozziesov bullshit

All the Delve ihubs are already GSF, and GSF grossly outnumbers any of the allies at this point, so it's mostly a moot point.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

because wibla likes being able to set his own tax rates in his structures :sun:

All my industry jobs are for the state, so my conscience is clear :sun:

"Fake" edit about SRP and such:

INIT SRP was 50% before, it's 25% now. Goonwaffe SRP was 200% before, it was adjusted down to 125%.

Wibla fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Oct 19, 2020

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Ya i mean the game population is obviously going down, PLEX is getting cheaper, yet someone somewhere is spending on RMT

I guess computing power has gotten cheap enough though that anyone can run dozens of alphabots, so just stack a few systems with them and feed isk/injectors to your main

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Numismancer posted:

the issue with the bubble stuff isn't so much 'zomg bubbles' and more :ccp: who changed one of the fundamental rules of nullsec gameplay, told one side that the rules had changed, and didn't tell us about this; if we'd known bubble spam was kosher we'd have done it as far back as fountain and we'd also have known to bring a counter to bubble spam (tornadoes, etc)

that said it's not too valuable to yowl about how much ccp sucks but i want people to understand that it's not the bubbles themselves that were an issue, but "the bad guys asked ccp if it was ok to change a fundamental rule of heavy tidi bloc combat, ccp said it was ok but privately and only to one side, and there was no public announcement, dev blog, anything to indicate that suddenly mass anchoring is Ok Now (tm)"

1) If you had scouts on grid you would have seen bubbles being anchored by TEST 2 hours before the timer came out.
2) If you formed up early and were on the grid ready to gently caress then you wouldn't have had an issue.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/87997493/

Count down to victory. Nowhere is safe.

DGC773 fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Oct 19, 2020

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Contrary to popular belief, the ratting that is done in Oasa is done by very dedicated Chinese super pilots who love to rat and grind.

Take your horde alts there one day. You will see it for yourself. 20 supers all ratting in harmony in every system.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

DGC773 posted:

Contrary to popular belief, the ratting that is done in Oasa is done by very dedicated Chinese super pilots who love to rat and grind.

Take your horde alts there one day. You will see it for yourself. 20 supers all ratting in harmony in every system.

We are on our way. God bless!

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Rudeboy Detective posted:

We are on our way. God bless!

Trig invasions have made the drone lands even more of a safe haven. If any reds get near to the drone lands super nest then they can expect a lot of pissed off Chinese players to drop on them by the hundreds.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Man the amount of salt from PAPI players when they have to fight the Bubble Wars will be hilarious. I can't wait for Querious Goose spin out about how actually what they did was fine but when the very individuals who a fuelled by tedium do it, it'll be bad.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Recoome posted:

Man the amount of salt from PAPI players when they have to fight the Bubble Wars will be hilarious. I can't wait for Querious Goose spin out about how actually what they did was fine but when the very individuals who a fuelled by tedium do it, it'll be bad.

I mean, fueled by tedium has been the goon MO this whole war. "HOPE YOU LIKE ENDLESS TIMERS, BIATCH" -Goons, 2020, Delve.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Recoome posted:

No matter how much bubbles you deploy my 2010 MacBook Air will not crash.

AeroZ
Nov 9, 2016

DGC773 posted:

1) If you had scouts on grid you would have seen bubbles being anchored by TEST 2 hours before the timer came out.
2) If you formed up early and were on the grid ready to gently caress then you wouldn't have had an issue.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/87997493/

Count down to victory. Nowhere is safe.

Gf

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

DGC773 posted:

No matter how much bubbles you deploy my 2010 MacBook Air will not crash.

My friend, the object is not to make anyone's game experience any worse.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Querious D. Goose, will you please go?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

Oh no our Phoenix backbone

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Aardvark posted:

Oh no our Phoenix backbone

This is why you make Naglfars the backbone of your dread doctrine.

Because they're actually vertical, you see :v:

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

Recoome posted:

My friend, the object is not to make anyone's game experience any worse.

hahahahahahahahahahaha
"We are not here to ruin the game, we are here to ruin your game"

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

iospace posted:

gtfo

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iospace posted:

V

E

R

T

I

C

A

L

B

O

I

S

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

iospace posted:

Lol, that got me giggling :D

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

ZombieLenin posted:

Globby, are you mad because you know he’s right? Since this is now a legitimate ‘game tactic,’ you realize goons not only have the capacity to do so, but are going make any progress in the war on goons absolutely impossible using the same ‘legitimate game tactic,’ and when you, or others, cry about it...

These sorts of posts of yours are going to get shoved right back up your rear end.

huh

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Sometimes people just poo poo into the reply box and slam "Submit Reply"

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

DGC773 posted:

Why the funk would anyone have a horde alt??

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
God why do I bother.

DGC, do you not get that what you did was considered previously an exploit that any mid to large size alliance knew about? The fact CCP has said it so in the past (and suspended people) and then privately said gently caress it go for it and failed to tell anyone about the roll back of their old code of conduct.

The fact you also had upwards of 800 probes out is super suspect. I highly doubt you had 120 people out for probing. Also just loving lol that sabres we bubbling in the the bubbles. Just in case right? If you only had anchored bubbles up and a normal amount of probes out and not every sabre making GBS threads out bubbles within bubbles then maybe people might be just ahh well, well played.

Nice meta. Well done. But stop acting innocent and doing word play poo poo.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

DGC773 posted:

hahahahahahahahahahaha
"We are not here to ruin the game, we are here to ruin your game"

Querious D. Goose, will you please go?

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Why the funk would anyone have a horde alt??

Nyncing comes to mind.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Tai posted:

God why do I bother.

dont

please

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

So I got podded today for the first time in over a decade in MY IMICUS while relearning how to scan with probes in empire.

But now I remember what war targets look like in the overview.

GG would lose a trash ship again for that lesson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

rocketrobot posted:

So I got podded today for the first time in over a decade in MY IMICUS while relearning how to scan with probes in empire.

But now I remember what war targets look like in the overview.

GG would lose a trash ship again for that lesson.

Make sure to update your clone.