Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

What is, in your opinions, the best lucky 38 home mod?

I love the Lucky 38 but getting there annoys me a bit since you have to go the long way around (North freeside, freeside, north strip, lucky 38, presidential strip) every time. I downloaded the Lucky 38 expansion expanded mod but it's got some bugs (Missing containers, missing workbench, etc) so I am interested in alternatives.

EDIT : Also, how can I alter the color of the UI elements with DarnUI?

khy fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Open Freeside cuts out some of that, and I know there are mods that add fast-travel points to the different parts of the Strip as well.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

God drat ENB is so much buggier on F:NV than it is in Skyrim. Constantly having problems with invisible objects, objects appearing through other objects, pitch black areas that should be well lit, etc.

Looks gorgeous but constantly seeing the glitches really ruins it for me.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Boris doesn't give a poo poo about FNV and I believe he's officially stopped updating ENB for it as well.

Sole Survivor
Aug 21, 2009

khy posted:

God drat ENB is so much buggier on F:NV than it is in Skyrim. Constantly having problems with invisible objects, objects appearing through other objects, pitch black areas that should be well lit, etc.

Looks gorgeous but constantly seeing the glitches really ruins it for me.

I was having the same issue, but I turned off the Steam Overlay, and it seems to have fixed most of my issues.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Sole Survivor posted:

I was having the same issue, but I turned off the Steam Overlay, and it seems to have fixed most of my issues.

Yeah, I had the same problem months ago, and disabling the Steam Overlay worked for me as well.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

'Nother question.

Ling's Coiffure doesn't seem to work for me. Is it because I'm using TFH Rugged Race?

It doesn't even work with the 'normal' races, no new hairstyles are added to ANY race as far as I can tell.

EDIT : Anyone here got a really fancy looking HUD to show off? I'm in the market for a new one, something really sleek and poo poo. Found one online but it was just a concept, wasn't actually a mod. Shame, it looked REALLY good.

khy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jun 1, 2015

Quasipox
Sep 6, 2008

So I have the Dynamic Roleplayers Alternative Start mod and I used it to set a custom backstory and all, but I still started myself at Goodsprings. Everything seemed fine, except I can't seem to find Victor (even though I know it's optional for They Went That-A-Way, I still would like to speak to him) anywhere in or around Goodsprings. Is there a good way to locate him, or do I need to use the console to spawn him in?

I did try the console and it popped the quest and everything, but I don't know if that might cause a problem down the line.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9

This seems to happen a lot, where I'll find NPCs spawned in a knot (usually legion or ncr troops) and they just kind of stand there moving around until they go hostile. I had no idea that they stopped being hostile outright when you were vilified to an extent that they scare you.

Don't suppose anyone knows how to get those knots back to roaming around?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Two things for this thread -

FNVLODGen was released - if you're not familiar with what this does, it basically generates LOD for the entire wasteland based on what mods you have installed, so you can see objects and poo poo in the far off distance, including generating textures and stuff for whatever mods you have installed. Very good stuff.

The DarnUI Ultimate version hosted on the TTW forums works for vanilla New Vegas, and its mostly compatible with every mod I threw at it. It has a MCM menu to tweak and save settings between playthroughs, which is really nice.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
I'm currently using the NMC medium texture pack for New Vegas, my fps is perfect so I want to try the large one; can I just install it and activate it on NMM? Will it overwrite or cause issues?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Gyshall posted:

Two things for this thread -

FNVLODGen was released - if you're not familiar with what this does, it basically generates LOD for the entire wasteland based on what mods you have installed, so you can see objects and poo poo in the far off distance, including generating textures and stuff for whatever mods you have installed. Very good stuff.

The DarnUI Ultimate version hosted on the TTW forums works for vanilla New Vegas, and its mostly compatible with every mod I threw at it. It has a MCM menu to tweak and save settings between playthroughs, which is really nice.

Is DarnUI Ultimate basically just an upgraded version of DarnUI for everyone to use? What are the main changes?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

BurritoJustice posted:

Is DarnUI Ultimate basically just an upgraded version of DarnUI for everyone to use? What are the main changes?

All of/most of the features of Darn UI for Fallout 3 (ie. all the primary needs bells and whistles) and other Darn UI addons like:

- R to take all (makes R the "Take all" key so you don't accidently loot poo poo like crazy, also a button that lets you close terminals (R, I think?)
- Mod Configuration Menu to tweak stuff and save settings to INI file, hide elements, remove brackets, etc.
- Dynamic Quantity Prompt (lets you use mousewheel in menus for buy/sell)
- Customizable HUD color

There are some compatibility issues with oHUD, but nothing crazy that can't be fixed with running UIO after installing.

maev posted:

I'm currently using the NMC medium texture pack for New Vegas, my fps is perfect so I want to try the large one; can I just install it and activate it on NMM? Will it overwrite or cause issues?

Yeah, if you're running Mod Organizer just install the large one as a new mod (rename it to NMC - large or something), deactivate the old one, and then activate the new one.

You can do this for FOMM too, if you want.

Otherwise just overwrite.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Sole Survivor posted:

ThaumPenguin posted:

Yeah, I had the same problem months ago, and disabling the Steam Overlay worked for me as well.

Excellent advice, but the OTHER problem I had with ENB (Which I installed according to the guide in the first reply to this thread) was HOLY gently caress BRIGHT rear end PLANTS.

The yellow dried up weeds and plants in the mojave were incredibly bright. I THOUGHT I had taken screenshots of it, but when I went to look at the screenshots it was empty. But does anyone know what I was talking about? Otherwise I might just need to take screenshots again.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Make sure you use the ENB screenshot key (most ENBs default to Insert, I believe) to get the full bright experience.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
Speaking of ENB, I'm having some issues getting it working.

I installed it as it said, but when i launch 4gb NV through MO it doesn't load the wrapper dll file for whatever reason. I tried putting the dll in the exes folder (that I created) as well but still nothing.

Also was wondering how I can edit the ADAM mod to remove the dependency on the courier stash esps? I have Courier's stash ticked in my steam DLC page for the game but it's only downloading the mercenary pack for some dumb reason.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
You're either going have to call up Steam to get Courier's Stash, or you're going have to use FNVEdit to manually remove all references to Courier's Stash stuff. Fun stuff either way.

Are you using any arguments with the 4GB launcher? If you are, get rid of them. Otherwise, use the Injector version.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

GrizzlyCow posted:

You're either going have to call up Steam to get Courier's Stash, or you're going have to use FNVEdit to manually remove all references to Courier's Stash stuff. Fun stuff either way.

Are you using any arguments with the 4GB launcher? If you are, get rid of them. Otherwise, use the Injector version.

using "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" as per suggestion by the guide I was using on STEP.

I should remove that then? I'll try it.

Edit 1:no change, i'll try the injector.

Edit 2: andddd fallout 4gb "an unmodified original exe is required." wont initialize. gently caress.

edit 3: seems to have hosed my install maybe? refuses to launch now due to error code 3:65432

v sad rite now

Tabletops fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Jun 3, 2015

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Is there a good list of FO3 mods? I found a Reddit link with a few but nothing similar to G.E.M.S. for Skyrim.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
The list in op is kinda big, is there any summary which mods would be good for first playthrough?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Puistokemisti posted:

The list in op is kinda big, is there any summary which mods would be good for first playthrough?

YUP and CASM

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
MCM required for many of the best mods.
NVSE also required for many of the best mods.
CASM for auto-saving that won't result in bloated and buggy saves.
Darnified UI(or this newer version, but I haven't tried that yet) to redeem the UI a bit.
NVAC to make the game a bit more stable.
UIO makes menu/ui mods work well together with no effort.

After that, these are a little more involved but are great.
Project Nevada comes with a lot of great features like sprinting, a grenade key, and so on.
Jsawyer the only real rebalance mod you need.
IWS dynamic difficulty adjustment by changing spawns.
WMX to give every weapon mods.

And then just grab any music mods you want out of the OP.

GrizzlyCow
May 30, 2011
^New Vegas Stutter Remover is also a must. After it generates its ini file, I'd recommend both upping the framerate cap and changing bReplaceHeap = 0 to bReplaceHeap = 1 (can cause CTDs for some systems). Does what it says on the tin.

Tabletops posted:

using "-laaexe .\FalloutMO.exe" as per suggestion by the guide I was using on STEP.

I should remove that then? I'll try it.

Edit 1:no change, i'll try the injector.

Edit 2: andddd fallout 4gb "an unmodified original exe is required." wont initialize. gently caress.

edit 3: seems to have hosed my install maybe? refuses to launch now due to error code 3:65432

v sad rite now

Never had that happen. Does the 4GB Loader work with ENB outside of MO? If not, have Steam verify game cache.

FNV mods can be a bit finicky sometimes. If none of the above works, try using FNV4GB (NVSE Compatible) from the OP.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.
I'm going back and replaying NV in celebration for 4, are there any unofficial patches?

Also I'm looking for an unofficial fallout 3 patch as well but we don't have a thread for that so I'll put that here.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Lucinice posted:

I'm going back and replaying NV in celebration for 4, are there any unofficial patches?
The Yukichigai unofficial patch is the go-to unofficial patch that's also lightweight and every-mod-friendly. Fallout 3 has no such thing, unfortunately.

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/51664/

Stink Fuck Rob
Nov 22, 2006
I HAVEN'T BATHED SINCE DECEMBER 4, 2009. ARE U READY FOR A STINK FUCK????

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Is there a good list of FO3 mods? I found a Reddit link with a few but nothing similar to G.E.M.S. for Skyrim.
Honestly the best advice is don't do it. If you have good memories of Fallout 3, leave them be. It has not aged well.

If you're set on it, here's the archived FO3 modding thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2998807

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is it ENB or SweetFX causing this issue?

This issue being the ridiculously bright weeds.

To compare, no ENB and no SweetFX.

khy fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Jun 4, 2015

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
What a good hair mod to use? Lings is okay, but it adds far far far far too many ugly hair to the game. And I remember one time I used it the game accidentally put the hairs on some of the NPCs, which was hilarious and also sad.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Zeron posted:

Darnified UI(or this newer version, but I haven't tried that yet) to redeem the UI a bit.

I should note that when I tried the "newer" version the TTW guys made, it does not play well with the oHUD mod, particularly the Immersive HUD part, which is bad because all the additional elements the TTW version adds (or re-adds, since they're trying to restore FO3 Darn functionality) actually make the HUD more cluttered and distracting, and not being able to selectively hide them is a big turn off for me. Sadly, neither the TTW Darn guys or the oHUD dude seem particularly interested in making updates to allow compatibility between the two.

Also, the UIO is does not take the TTW Darn into account, which can cause problems if you're, say, switching from regular Darn and can't find all the uio instances screwing things up and you have to uninstall the whole game and start over to make things work properly. :bang:

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

is there a way to edit save games? for some reason i die as soon as i load my autosave of leaving caesers tent. First arcade forced me into convseration but i wanted to try a different speech option and now every time i load the save i just die berfore arcade can even talk to me this time

if not editing a save is there a way i can load the one autosave previous?

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

PrinceRandom posted:

is there a way to edit save games? for some reason i die as soon as i load my autosave of leaving caesers tent. First arcade forced me into convseration but i wanted to try a different speech option and now every time i load the save i just die berfore arcade can even talk to me this time
if not editing a save is there a way i can load the one autosave previous?
No. Disable autosave and grab CASM. It keeps several save slots to prevent this sort of thing.

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013

khy posted:

This issue being the ridiculously bright weeds.

To compare, no ENB and no SweetFX.

ENB. Have you turned off anti-aliasing in the options? That's what usually causes it.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Is there a console command to see what the current weather id in a cell/region is?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
FYI - Project Nevada Extra Options updated today.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gyshall posted:

FYI - Project Nevada Extra Options updated today.

Hopefully this new version fixes the annoying "this menu option wasn't installed" that happening to me with extra options.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Stink gently caress Rob posted:

Honestly the best advice is don't do it. If you have good memories of Fallout 3, leave them be. It has not aged well.

If you're set on it, here's the archived FO3 modding thread
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2998807

Thanks. I already deleted the game after an hour of "game crashes on launch" even with a fresh install and no mods. FO3 is not destined to be played post Windows XP except by a select few.

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Thanks. I already deleted the game after an hour of "game crashes on launch" even with a fresh install and no mods. FO3 is not destined to be played post Windows XP except by a select few.

Yeah, TTW was legit the only way I was able to play the game on Win 7 without diddling with ini settings and whatnot.

Then I uninstalled the whole thing and reinstalled NV fresh after two runthroughs because FO3 kept reminding me how much better New Vegas is.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Raygereio posted:

No. Disable autosave and grab CASM. It keeps several save slots to prevent this sort of thing.

no i actually reloaded my old autosave. it backs up the one before natively.

i hosed up and fast travelled to the camp and died of dehydration. it's weird i could get as far as i did my first run, but i managed to get into the main menu quick enough to turn off hardcore mode before i instantly died.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

ENB. Have you turned off anti-aliasing in the options? That's what usually causes it.

I'll play around with the AA settings when I get home.

EDIT : With AA completely off (in the launcher) the grass looks better but still bright, and the vurt's trees look odd as well now...

gently caress it. I give up. If it's not loving with the flora, it's making holes in the ceilings.

khy fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 5, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frankly
Jan 7, 2013
Right. So in the course of a couple of hours I've learned the basic use of FOMM, LOOT and FNVEdit. I've installed mostly every mod I need one by one, everything seems to work fine! Great news after abandoning a hodge-podge installation where the 4GB Loader didn't seem to be loading any mods and nothing worked properly. The only noticeable issue after using the console to spawn some things to test is the .357 Revolver texture (using WRP) is there but not applied to the gun properly, when I get home I'll try the archive invalidation trick. Or just find out where I hosed up and overwrote some files I shouldn't of!

Freeside and the Strip don't have lovely junk walls and loading screens everywhere, everything doesn't look like poo poo, performance is better than ever and jsawyer and Project Nevada (core) seem to be mostly working as intended just in time for Fallout 4 hype. I can't loving wait to shoulder charge powder gangers and actually use grenades and throwing weapons for once. Thank you so much thread for the wonderful OP, this is the sort of stuff that keeps bringing me back to New Vegas (and Skryim)!