Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

xzzy posted:

Also, I just noticed that slimer is the hood ornament.

That's actually loving awesome.

Slimer is just awesome, period.

Totally gonna wear that t-shirt to a random metal concert. Or to a meeting with my uptight boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.

xzzy posted:

Also, I just noticed that slimer is the hood ornament.

That's actually loving awesome.

It will be less awesome when the siren is different.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Mr. Wiggles posted:

It will be less awesome when the siren is different.
I was ok with the all-female cast in a "well, Melissa McCarthy can be quite annoying, but I'll give it a shot" way, but this sends me into "table-flipping impotent rage" territory.

Lightbulb Out
Apr 28, 2006

slack jawed yokel

InitialDave posted:

I was ok with the all-female cast in a "well, Melissa McCarthy can be quite annoying, but I'll give it a shot" way, but this sends me into "table-flipping impotent rage" territory.

Get over it you bunch of big babies. Jesus christ. Don't see the movie, it's not that hard.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Lightbulb Out posted:

Get over it you bunch of big babies. Jesus christ. Don't see the movie, it's not that hard.

and to add to that, expect the same treatment in the next 50 years to almost every movie you've loved (or hated)

Scruff McGruff
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus, kid, you're almost a detective. All you need now is a gun, a gut, and three ex-wives.

Lightbulb Out posted:

This.

As someone who loves the original Ghostbusters to death, all four women they cast are great comedians (if you haven't watched the last two seasons of SNL you're missing out, McKinnon is practically half of the show by herself and Jones holds her own) and I can't wait to see the new one.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Lightbulb Out posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
I'm picturing all of you with boomerjinks avatars. Jesus christ.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Movie chat just moved to general thread.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Virtually every movie ever made, aside from the Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya, is bad.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Human Grand Prix posted:

Virtually every movie ever made, aside from REDLINE, is bad.

Took the liberty of fixing that. And making it AI appropriate, although it's the wrong thread, REDLINE is in no way terrible.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer

Geoj posted:

While I kind of like their idea of using a hearse Ecto 1 will always be a 50s Cadillac ambulance to me.

When the first Ghostbusters was made in 1984, their 1959 Cadillac ambulance was 25 years old. The characters didn't have a lot of money with their startup ghost busting company, so they found a crappy, old, and therefore cheap car with room inside to carry themselves and their gear. Now, 31 years later, the '59 Cadillac is an absolute classic that harkens to an era of design that is arguably one of the most beautiful and sought after in American automotive history. So it makes no sense for the characters in the modern movie to pick a super rare, beautiful, and therefore expensive classic. Instead, they also buy a 25 year old Cadillac themselves, which is about as sought after as the original '59 was in 1984 - so they land on a 1990 year model. As far as I can tell, Cadillac wasn't making ambulances out of their sedans in 1990, but they were making hearses (and after a quick Craigslist search, are in the $4,000 range now in good condition.)

Makes total sense to me.

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Hrngh.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Look how wrong you are

But this fits nicely in the thread

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

Sappo569 posted:

Look how wrong you are

quote:

DINO DAMAGE

I too found the 80s Caddy hearse to be a strange choice until recognizing that it is about as old today as the original ambulance was at the time they made the first movie.

Anyway

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

I don't have any problem with the actresses, and the car is appropriate. They just have to give it the siren if they want it to be Ecto 1. I have few demands, really.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mr. Wiggles posted:

I don't have any problem with the actresses, and the car is appropriate. They just have to give it the siren if they want it to be Ecto 1. I have few demands, really.

I just really, really, really hate Melissa McCarthy. I have no feelings for Kristen Wiig and I don't even know who the other two are.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Sappo569 posted:

Look how wrong you are

:drat:

You have a good point.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Rhyno posted:

I just really, really, really hate Melissa McCarthy.
Thank you for agreeing with me. Do you also hate Chris Farley? Can we be bros? I just found out everyone I work with loves her and Farley and I feel so alone.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Please be a custom exhaust stack...

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I like how the composition makes it look like they have a 50 foot flagpole in the bed too.

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

InitialDave posted:

That might be the restaurant owner.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

InitialDave posted:

Man, I hope he lives in the city with the 11'8" bridge.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

Hope the owners name is Simon.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
His handicap is mental

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

Become a franchise owner for $5000, 15% of sales and your immortal soul.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

xzzy posted:

I like how the composition makes it look like they have a 50 foot flagpole in the bed too.

To be fair, the context would lead a person to believe this too

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've got no clue why but the fact that there were four chrysler badges on the grille really pissed me off.

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

InitialDave posted:

Holy poo poo, I just saw that truck a couple weeks ago. Sadly the cross is not an exhaust....

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE

1500quidporsche posted:

I've got no clue why but the fact that there were four chrysler badges on the grille really pissed me off.

It's the new 1200C!

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

Linedance posted:

I'm sorry, where?

You're supposed to pick up your smartphone and dial roadside assistance, you dirty poor.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

You're supposed to pick up your smartphone and dial roadside assistance, you dirty poor rich brat.

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

Spotted by a friend of mine.

This passed me today. Apologies for the horrible photo, but it's the best I could do shooting from the backseat through the windshield. Early-2000s Chevy extended cab (at a forward rake) on top of some unknown frame, separated by a couple feet of WTF. No bed. Taillights are floating on an iron bar. Exhaust pipes above the bumper. Gas tank held in by straps behind the cab.

mellodroid
Oct 31, 2012

DropShadow posted:

This passed me today. Apologies for the horrible photo, but it's the best I could do shooting from the backseat through the windshield. Early-2000s Chevy extended cab (at a forward rake) on top of some unknown frame, separated by a couple feet of WTF. No bed. Taillights are floating on an iron bar. Exhaust pipes above the bumper. Gas tank held in by straps behind the cab.

It's like a MC Escher painting realised by rednecks

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Thank you for agreeing with me. Do you also hate Chris Farley? Can we be bros? I just found out everyone I work with loves her and Farley and I feel so alone.

We might be the same person.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

DropShadow posted:

Spotted by a friend of mine.

Hellaflush version of "I installed my bodykit and I'm saving up for the paint job"?

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

My phone didn't get what I was hoping to in the photo but despite using a 5 gallon drum for an exhaust tip that hung too low, the center had a 'bro star' welded in the center. This was at my dentists parking lot. I am going back next week and will try to take a less conspicuous photo.

It was truly terrible.

thetechnoloser
Feb 11, 2003

Say hello to post-apocalyptic fun!
Grimey Drawer

Geoj posted:

Hellaflush version of "I installed my bodykit and I'm saving up for the paint job"?

It's stupid Tron poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

thetechnoloser posted:

It's stupid Tron poo poo.

I think he meant the wheels poking out so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
^
This, stretched tires sticking out at stock ride height.