Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

cvnvcnv posted:

The companion launcher designed by Adolf Feizel or whatever is TRUTH. What was he trying to say?

literally hitler.

space hitler, if you will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
I think I need to start playing on a monitor

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

FishBulb posted:

best upgrade imo. even more so than fancy controllers or ximtards

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
We prefer the term Differently Thumbed

JorgeHWB
Jan 15, 2016

Aww, ugly duckling...
bawk-bawk

FishBulb posted:

http://i.imgur.com/pea3vJC.gifv

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Maker Of Shoes posted:

best upgrade imo. even more so than fancy controllers or ximtards

Yeah I plugged my PS4 into my desktop monitor and other than the massive eye strain it's a pretty significant difference. Figured it would mostly just be placebo but NOPE

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Adolf Feizel's Vrillerhorn, forged from armor of noble Jäger that fell at Stalingrad

DrNutt posted:

PS4 Pro. And I'm connecting to 5ghz wireless with it, I can't remember if the OG PS4 was 5ghz compatible but I don't think it was. I live on a quiet residential street and I've taken a lot of steps to reduce sources of interference. Like I said, once my ports were forwarded correctly and I got on the right band, my experience with Destiny has been pretty much identical to when I had the PS4 downstairs plugged directly into the router.

I really hope that means that they got the PS4 Pro's (Maybe even the PS4 slim if it shares the chipset) wifi issues sorted and performing better. Seriously thank you for talking about this at all, though, I may actually have a little hope for Wifi gaming going forward

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Per Byf, Activision said there will be a free update coming soon. Probably something to tease the Red Legion thing for D2

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Activision said on their earnings call today that there's gonna be another free update to destiny

It's probably just a "cabals are dropping" public event thing but maybe there will be a final balancing pass???

I really wonder what they are gonna do to trials and banner once D2 drops, it makes sense for them to turn both completely off and just have a "buy destiny 2" screen pop up when you try and launch them. But we shall see.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Fuuuck yooouuu

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
no u

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I forget who said it earlier in the thread, but it looks like you called it: Final event, even after the AoT/Raid Refresh. :golfclap: Slamdunk

Here's to hoping they drop the obfuscated/CLASSIFIED 260 entries (weapons? armor?) in DestinyDB, and that they didn't entirely cut and tease us with the Anathema Cannon

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

DrNutt posted:

But were you in the exclusive pre-alpha? :smugdog:

*takes large drag on bubble pipe*

Yeah remember seeing you online playing that a week before everyone else. I messaged you about it.

Whats the story?

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down

Roman posted:

Per Byf, Activision said there will be a free update coming soon. Probably something to tease the Red Legion thing for D2

The 6 weeks of mayhem nightfalls start in mid July, I'd imagine that will tie into this. Also mayhem clash iron banner around that time too. The cabal probably overcharge our light until it breaks all the ghosts or something.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Alteisen posted:

You just quoted an idiot with more money than sense so you're in good company amigo. :v:

I am interested to know what platform you're going to play D2 on. You have remained tight lipped on this subject

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good news for him is he can only buy it at most 3 times this time around

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

Ok false alarm, the Activision rep was referring to AoT

womp womp

https://twitter.com/DestinLegarie/status/860256011805892608

Roman fucked around with this message at 23:24 on May 4, 2017

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CheeseFactory posted:

Yeah remember seeing you online playing that a week before everyone else. I messaged you about it.

Whats the story?

Short version: I know a guy.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Roman posted:

Ok false alarm, the Activision rep was referring to AoT

womp womp

https://twitter.com/DestinLegarie/status/860256011805892608

Sure he was

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Waffle House posted:

Adolf Feizel's Vrillerhorn, forged from armor of noble Jäger that fell at Stalingrad

I really hope that means that they got the PS4 Pro's (Maybe even the PS4 slim if it shares the chipset) wifi issues sorted and performing better. Seriously thank you for talking about this at all, though, I may actually have a little hope for Wifi gaming going forward

Honestly I'm not sure how much is on Sony's end and how much is just having the patience to work through networking issues and make sure that your home network environment is up to snuff, and reducing as many potential sources of interference as possible. I've spent a lot of time researching routers, networks, different configurations, etc in order to make wifi simple in my house. It's not perfect by any means, for some reason my 2.4 ghz network is really lovely about dropping connections for instance, but the 5ghz is rock solid, and there's no appreciable difference in download speed from wired -> wifi because my max is at 100 MBps anyway. For 30 dollars more I could have gotten 1 gig down but honestly 100 MBps is well more than enough for anything I do anyway.

e: and as it was pointed out by several others, there's a lot of stuff out of your control that can cause problems too. I wouldn't be doing this if I lived in an apartment complex or a higher density neighborhood, for instance.

e2: Being on 5ghz helps a ton, also. A bunch of other devices in my house are only capable of 2.4ghz connections so there tends to be more issues with those competing for bandwith. I think just my phone and then PS4 are connected to my 5ghz band.

Professor Beetus fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 4, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

FishBulb posted:

Sure he was

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1417979331

DrNutt posted:

<networking>

tbh most people, even professionals, don't have a lot of patience for working through network optimization, so it wouldn't surprise me terribly if "PS4's wireless sucks" wasn't just a perception issue on consumer part. Wireless generally is not preferable for gaming, but in an environment like yours, well...sky's apparently the limit.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 23:43 on May 4, 2017

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Waffle House posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1417979331

tbh most people, even professionals, don't have a lot of patience for working through network optimization, so it wouldn't surprise me terribly if "PS4's wireless sucks" wasn't just a perception issue on consumer part. Wireless generally is not preferable for gaming, but in an environment like yours, well...sky's apparently the limit.

I just chuck my ps4 in the dmz and that works pretty well. Besides for my internet sucking dick, of course.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I have found a reference in the taken king, so if is the same thing, maybe what you have found is nothing.

https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/The_Old_Hunger

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Alteisen, post your tax returns!

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

FishBulb posted:

Sure he was
https://twitter.com/Activision/status/860264269790683136

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

The wolves red legion are prowling.

wintrrmute
Jul 28, 2002

(Borat voice) "MAH WIFE!"

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

All my krew has owned the PS4 multiple times

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pretty sure that's the bayonet tip of Touch of Malice that you obtain from Warpriest

Someone dismantle their ToM

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

^^^ Fuckin' so fast on the draw, fingers like Gene Wilder

Tei posted:

I have found a reference in the taken king, so if is the same thing, maybe what you have found is nothing.

https://www.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/The_Old_Hunger

Yeah, if we're being canon here, "Blade of Famine" is the Bayonet on the front of Touch of Malice...but yet has the flavor text of Skyburners Command Beacon.

Honestly this may just be just a mangled database entry, but that is an awful hard and fast retraction on the part of Activision.

Here's to hoping. :allears:

edit: Ok yeah Ravenous Heart isn't supposed to say that either:

http://db.planetdestiny.com/items/view/1523858862

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 5, 2017

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

:bisonyes:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CheeseFactory posted:

I am interested to know what platform you're going to play D2 on. You have remained tight lipped on this subject

PS4 first since all my pals are there, PC in the future.

Dunno if I'll get it on Xbone since I hardly play that console.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think we're stuck with what we've got till d2.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

:same:

http://i.imgur.com/zNWVezG.gifv

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Waffle House posted:

I forget who said it earlier in the thread, but it looks like you called it: Final event, even after the AoT/Raid Refresh. :golfclap: Slamdunk

Here's to hoping they drop the obfuscated/CLASSIFIED 260 entries (weapons? armor?) in DestinyDB, and that they didn't entirely cut and tease us with the Anathema Cannon

IT WAS ME I SAID IT

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

So.... Iron Banner Mayhem Clash

:stare:

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nice

One mtrillion grenade sticks

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Grenade-only match let's go.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CheeseFactory posted:

So.... Iron Banner Mayhem Clash

:stare:

That sounds fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

I not a hugh fan of mayhem. But always welcome a change.

Golden Gun is by far the best super for mayhem though

• Locked thread