Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Never make the mistake of forgetting that for all her tinfoil anti-Trump stuff, Mensch is a particularly self-serving Tory, and that during the phone hacking investigations in the UK she used her position on a parliamentary committee to act as an agent for Rupert Murdoch, who's company was up to its neck in trouble.

The woman is scum, and absolutely not above volunteering herself to be used as a tool for evil if she can get something out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.

Crabtree posted:

There were some crazy cult dudes, but there's always loony people with really dangerous cults in anything. By and large the worst they'd do was poo poo New Wicca does: dance around a fire, wear dumb robes, drink beer, say a few hail satans, maybe listen to some metal and play DnD.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

e: beaten on the first one

OH man, he's gonna do it. Nixon speedrun looks to continue.

https://twitter.com/fordm/status/874234381484929024

Also, expect Priebus to be gone soon

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/874252657082454016

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Starmaker posted:

Remember when killing nazis was the boring filler of pop culture? When, in need of a villain, you could just throw in some nazis as a universal bad guy? I hate that killing nazis has become a political statement now. What the hell happened us

On the bright side, I am a lot more excited about nazi murder simulators than I ever used to be.

Farcry 5 looks promising.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/TopherSpiro/status/874250301024456706

It's still really funny how people are acting as though the GOP doesn't know that they're writing a murderously terrible bill and will decide not to kill the poor if we just ask nicely.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

:stare:

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's still really funny how people are acting as though the GOP doesn't know that they're writing a murderously terrible bill and will decide not to kill the poor if we just ask nicely.

It's more about letting Republicans know Democrats can sustain the intensity of opposition to it in the face of Republicans hiding what's going on. Dems need to show Republicans they have as much to fear from general elections as primaries.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

So apparently the new lawsuit filed by Maryland and D.C. is contingent upon a federal judge allowing it to proceed. That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence...

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
The Philandro Castile police shooting is having jury deliberations today, so we might get a verdict at some point this afternoon/evening.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

enraged_camel posted:

So apparently the new lawsuit filed by Maryland and D.C. is contingent upon a federal judge allowing it to proceed. That doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence...

It's probably an issue of standing

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Spiritus Nox posted:

They kinda don't. The rank and file in the house didn't read the bill and there were lots of videos of reporters challenging them on the Bill's contents only to be met with befuddled stammering.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

ReidRansom posted:

They can't be serious. You would have your base nodding along while the other 70% of the country revolts.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

OxySnake posted:

They can't be serious. You would have your base nodding along while the other 70% of the country revolts.

Just like happened when he started calling for violence at his rallies.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

enraged_camel posted:

Looking at it, the US District Court for DC has a lean toward Clinton and Obama nominees, so that's promising, maybe. Assuming that's the court making the decision.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Trump will probably fire Mueller and the GOP definitely won't give a flying poo poo.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

The Philandro Castile police shooting is having jury deliberations today, so we might get a verdict at some point this afternoon/evening.
I'm sure the jury will find some way to get the cop off scot-free somehow

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Fair.

This tweet seems more and more relevant though.

https://twitter.com/noamscheiber/status/862377600714510343

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

OxySnake posted:

Fair.

This tweet seems more and more relevant though.

https://twitter.com/noamscheiber/status/862377600714510343

I never watched that show, so the reference is lost on me. I prefer John Oliver's Stupid Watergate.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

FlamingLiberal posted:

I'm sure the jury will find some way to get the cop off scot-free somehow

Well duh. He was high on the devils lettuce!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

ReidRansom posted:

I never watched that show, so the reference is lost on me. I prefer John Oliver's Stupid Watergate.

It's the best show about bumbling rich people and the source of that Jeffrey Tambor "I may have committed some light treason" image.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Spiritus Nox posted:

Trump will probably fire Mueller and the GOP definitely won't give a flying poo poo.

I want to believe the outrage over firing Mueller would be so large that the republicans would pay a political price for that. It's probably true, though I'm imagining a much larger fallout than would actually happen, because gently caress Gerrymandering.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

ReidRansom posted:

It's . . .an amazingly apt metaphor. Like in the very first episode the patriarch gets arrested for "light" treason.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

Watch it, it's great.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

I want to believe the outrage over firing Mueller would be so large that the republicans would pay a political price for that. It's probably true, though I'm imagining a much larger fallout than would actually happen, because gently caress Gerrymandering.

It would all but guarantee Ossoff's election in GA-6 (depending on timing) and it would bode impressively badly for the VA and NJ gubernatorials in November.

No Republican on Earth would be able to credibly defend Mueller's firing, especially since he's been almost silent since being hired.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

It's . . .an amazingly apt metaphor. Like in the very first episode the patriarch gets arrested for "light" treason.

No, the light treason storyline comes in season 3, I think?

His initial arrest was for embezzling.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Spiritus Nox posted:

Yeah, make sure to get out on your "nothing matters" messaging before a thing even happens now. It's the best way to get your message to stick.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

enraged_camel posted:

Is there a particular news story you are getting that from? Pretty all lawsuits are contingent upon the judge allowing them to proceed because the firs thing the sued person is going to do is move to have the case dismissed.

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

It's probably an issue of standing

It sounds like Maryland and DC have a pretty good case for standing because their city/state owned convention centers are in pretty much direct competition with Trump's new DC hotel and are losing international business because everyone is trying to butter up Trump by booking his properties.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Spiritus Nox posted:

shut the gently caress uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
If nothing mattered, there would be no Senate or House investigation, Comey and Sessions wouldn't be getting hauled before the Intelligence Committee, and Trump's approval rating wouldn't be like 30%.

We don't have mechanisms to call early elections in our Constitution. If we did, we'd have done so, and Trump would no longer be in charge.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Shifty Pony posted:

Is there a particular news story you are getting that from? Pretty all lawsuits are contingent upon the judge allowing them to proceed because the firs thing the sued person is going to do is move to have the case dismissed.

It sounds like Maryland and DC have a pretty good case for standing because their city/state owned convention centers are in pretty much direct competition with Trump's new DC hotel and are losing international business because everyone is trying to butter up Trump by booking his properties.

That's interesting, I think that could definitely work. Much better than Chemerinsky et al.'s suit from a while back

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

What's that goon app that has all the local government contact info on it?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

The Glumslinger posted:

https://twitter.com/jonathanchait/status/874074569153421313

Didnt see this posted, apparently Trump gave Reince 3 weeks to end the white house leaks and fix the russia issue or he is fired

i hope that trump continues torturing reince for years

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

evilweasel posted:

It's kind of weird to me that nobody's decided they've had enough and just quit. Working for Trump sounds like a nightmare. I guess they're betting that even if Trump goes down in flames, conservatives will work harder to rehabilitate loyalists than turncoats.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Idunno, I kinda hope he just keeps firing people for failing to cover for his own fuckups until no one except the stupidest and most hackiest of hacks will even consider working for him.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Chilichimp posted:

Watch it, it's great.

My good lady has been telling me I should as well. May give it a go once I've cleared out a backlog of some things I need to finish.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sinteres posted:

It's kind of weird to me that nobody's decided they've had enough and just quit. Working for Trump sounds like a nightmare. I guess they're betting that even if Trump goes down in flames, conservatives will work harder to rehabilitate loyalists than turncoats.

It's a Republican who is near power. They will do loving anything to keep shooting that junk right into their veins.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ReidRansom posted:

Idunno, I kinda hope he just keeps firing people for failing to cover for his own fuckups until no one except the stupidest and most hackiest of hacks will even consider working for him.

he's already there

rince is incompetent and dumb so i'd rather have him suffer four years of trump torturing him for sport, its the actual dangerous people like sessions that need to get fired asap

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

evilweasel posted:

I hope we get another telephoto video of people screaming at each other in the White House, Steve vs Reince would be good.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

My good lady has been telling me I should as well. May give it a go once I've cleared out a backlog of some things I need to finish.

Try to binge it, it works really well if the previous episodes are fresh in your mind (kind of why the show failed, because so many jokes in the current episode require knowledge of previous episodes or even seasons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

If nothing mattered, there would be no Senate or House investigation, Comey and Sessions wouldn't be getting hauled before the Intelligence Committee, and Trump's approval rating wouldn't be like 30%.

We don't have mechanisms to call early elections in our Constitution. If we did, we'd have done so, and Trump would no longer be in charge.

What makes you think that, the Republicans haven't done a single thing to come even close to slowing Trump down, hell they even use the investigations as reasons to scream about Hillary's emails again.

• Locked thread