Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine

Expect no less from the Homestuck fandom.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Fucknag posted:

Oh please, they're not THAT juven

...ah.

Holy poo poo, why even contribute if you can't even form a coherent thought?

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

Ariong posted:

Holy poo poo, why even contribute if you can't even form a coherent thought?
I don't think you quite get Tumblr. Or the internet for that matter. (Something Awful is a strange place, to be honest.)

Omp
Sep 8, 2012

by T. Mascis
The way Jade reacted, it's the only conclusion

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Omp posted:

:frogout:

Yeah, I get it, tumblr and all, it's just so weird to picture someone taking the time to do what amounts to slamming their hands into the keyboard.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Omp posted:

Time for a discussion of sprite repro-:suicide:

Oh god, you know they are already discussing it. :gonk:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

There is literally no other reason Jade would say "oh, heh, yeah" to a light-hearted comment about someone she currently has complicated feelings for. They were clearly having wild 14-year-old superpower ghost sex.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax
The stretch goals for the Homestuck kickstarter were updated. 1.1 million is adding the signed print to all tiers above 105 dollars that didn't have it already, along with everyone above $50 getting to beta test the next Homestuck mini-game.

Hussie's hand is going to fall right the gently caress off.

EDIT: Oh, looks like some more packs were stocked up. There's another 50 SNOUTPAKS up, as well as more MSPA FUNPACKS.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
It's kind of like how, when something is funny, your immediate reaction is to laugh instead of formulating a reasoned contribution to the ongoing discussion. It's making noises to indicate that something you witnessed is affecting you, not actually talking. That sort of thing is discouraged here because walls of it aren't fun or interesting to read, but most of the internet (particularly tumblr) has a considerably lower posting threshold. If people have no incentive to filter their reactions, a lot of them are going to let fly with exclamations like you see in that image, or unaccompanied gifs of people freaking out from TV shows, or something. It isn't actually a big step to do that.

Also maybe Davesprite just sat on that couch at some point? Is that a possibility perhaps? Can we consider that option?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Supercar Gautier posted:

There is literally no other reason Jade would say "oh, heh, yeah" to a light-hearted comment about someone she currently has complicated feelings for. They were clearly having wild 14-year-old superpower ghost sex.

Um EXCUSE ME they are actually 15 which changes things drastically because as you and everyone else well knows that makes thinking about them sexually a matter of ephebophilia rather than pedophigoddammit I can't do this.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Oh hey, he added like 50 more SNOUTPAKS.

They will be gone by the time I finish this post.

edit: some more FUNPAKS as well.

MagusDraco fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 12, 2012

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

Hussie updated the stretch goals of the the kickstarter.

Reaching $1.25 million has the physical copies of the game distributed on Homestuck themed USB drives instead of CDs.

$1.5 million is just a new tier of rewards

$1.75 million get development (not production but just starting development) of a "Making of" art book

My gut says that the art book is going to be linked to the next reward tiers to open up.

cubivore
Nov 30, 2006

fuck you, got mine
I'm kind of disappointed at the addition being just the signed poster. No new stuff added on to my tier!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Time for a discussion of sprite repro-:suicide:

Oh god, you know they are already discussing it. :gonk:

Wow, look at this guy, assuming this hasn't already happened. A bunch.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
And the internet collectively exploded.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Homestuck USB stick? That would be weird. Would...would it be rewritable?

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So... when the hell did every become center aligned in the chat logs? Or is it just me?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Supercar Gautier posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that two fifteen year old teenagers who were dating probably made out on a couch at some point. It makes a lot more sense than Jade somehow feeling awkward about the fact that Davesprite molts.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
John's couch, though? I mean you're right that it's implausible for them to have entirely stopped at holding hands but my reading was that it's just that bringing up Davesprite is awkward for Jade at this point. (Maybe he's got serious problems with the molting thing. How long are sprites meant to last? Jaspers seems to be doing fine, though.)

SatansBestBuddy posted:

So... when the hell did every become center aligned in the chat logs? Or is it just me?

It isn't doing that for me. Some sort of cache/stylesheet issue on your end?

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

John's couch, though?

Maybe he was ironically being an rear end in a top hat. Or maybe not so ironically, if John is treating him weird (like I think he might be, with the whole 'Dave Sprite' thing).

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Fucknag posted:

Oh please, they're not THAT juven

...ah.

loving Tumblr. Jesus loving Christ.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Wrist Watch posted:

loving Tumblr. Jesus loving Christ.

Ehrlichman: Tumblr.

Nixon: Jesus Christ.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Cabbit posted:

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that two fifteen year old teenagers who were dating probably made out on a couch at some point. It makes a lot more sense than Jade somehow feeling awkward about the fact that Davesprite molts.

Certainly more likely than them having hosed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Reasons for Davesprite breaking up with Jade:
Chewed up his record collection
Will not stop sniffing butts
Smells like wet dog after a shower
Dogbreath during makeouts

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Let's, uh, let's keep the concepts of "half-animal" and "relationship" as far apart from each other as possible, please? That path is a dark one.

I'm going to guess that Davesprite is getting all inferiority complex, like the "real" Dave, and is breaking up with her so that he's not getting in regular Dave's way.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Bobulus posted:

I'm going to guess that Davesprite is getting all inferiority complex, like the "real" Dave, and is breaking up with her so that he's not getting in regular Dave's way.

Such dedication to Karkat's shipping diagram!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

-left half an imp carcass on his bed
-barfed, then ate the barf
-would not stop barking in the middle of the night

madadric
May 18, 2008

Such a BK.

Bobulus posted:

Let's, uh, let's keep the concepts of "half-animal" and "relationship" as far apart from each other as possible, please? That path is a dark one.

SynthOrange posted:

-left half an imp carcass on his bed
-barfed, then ate the barf
-would not stop barking in the middle of the night

No way synthoranges speculation is way more humorous!

-buries bones in the back yard
-keeps on begging him to take her for walks, then spends the walks chasing ducks
-keeps licking his face actually he's ok with that one

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
- sat by the door whining for like half an hour when davesprite when to get some orange juice from LOHAC

- jumped around like a spaz shouting oh god I thought you were gone forever and ever and ever and when he came back

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug
- does not appreciate the irony of being called a huge bitch

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

It isn't doing that for me. Some sort of cache/stylesheet issue on your end?

It isn't doing it on Chrome and Firefox for me, but I mostly use Opera and it's been centre-aligned on it since Hussie made changes to the latest flash to make it more playable, even after clearing the cache.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

-Thinks his newspaper lined apartment is gross.
-Denied dragging her butt all over those newspapers.
-Forgot to fill up his bird feeder that one time.

Hamiltonian Bicycle
Apr 26, 2008

!
Oh, yeah, I just checked and it does do it on Opera for me as well. Odd. It seems to inherit the centering from the alignment setting of the caption box containing the log, which I believe is technically the correct behaviour according to the CSS spec. v:shobon:v

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
Oh God no John why are you yelling stop yelling

Time-locked spaceship drama is the worst drama.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Man, I hope John is at least mostly done with teenage angst by the time he meets up with the trolls...

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
There is 1 snoutpak left.

edit: There are now 0 snoutpaks left

Now I just need to consider if I want to upgrade to the $400 or $500 tier.

edit2: oh there was an update while I was away

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 12:30 on Sep 12, 2012

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Bobulus posted:

Homestuck USB stick? That would be weird. Would...would it be rewritable?
If you try to put it in upside down by mistake, it erases everything on the drive. Also every other copy of those documents on your computer.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

jonjonaug posted:

along with everyone above $50 getting to beta test the next Homestuck mini-game.
That should give people a reason to avoid the intersection of homestuck and tumblr, if only to avoid spoilers.

Not that there aren't already good and valid reasons to do that.

Also a second $10,000 pledge has hit the tower.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Now that people have actual cash money riding on this Homestuck game, I'm expecting the disapointed meltdowns to be exquisite. Watch as someone that donated to a high-tier furiously demand their money back when the game doesn't match the impossibly perfect image they've constructed in their head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Now that people have actual cash money riding on this Homestuck game, I'm expecting the disapointed meltdowns to be exquisite. Watch as someone that donated to a high-tier furiously demand their money back when the game doesn't match the impossibly perfect image they've constructed in their head.

I know a lot of people are expecting it to be SBURB: The Game, with multiplayer support so you can play with your friends and randomized classes and aspects and free ice cream and and and

And I'm just thinking, "Do you have any idea how hard that would be to code, let alone how hard it would be to write a concrete story around that type of game?" And, let's face it, we're only buying this game because it's going to be filled with Andrew Hussie's trademark writing. It's not going to be the ultimate SBURB simulator.