Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SirSamVimes posted:

Happy New Year everyone!

spoiler that poo poo dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Epsilon Plus posted:

Hey guys if you remind Mills that you screwed him over in your first-ever Mafia game as a wide-eyed newbie he'll send you a PM about it

Hey Mills remember when I made the right decision in The Grand Budapest Hotel and you thought it was wrong and brought it into this thread and then everyone agreed I was right? :v:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we aussies are into 2016 already hurry the gently caress up you slow fucks

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

bowmore posted:

age before beauty, etc etc

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

bowmore posted:

The rest of us prefer to take our time to make sure everyone enjoys the experience.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

bowmore posted:

I'm in qld ATM :negative:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

I'm in qld ATM :negative:

lol

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Isn't qld where gold coast is? That, brisbane, and melbourne are like all I know

e; oh yeah and sydney

e2; the more I think about it I have a good idea of a lot of places in aus. Perth and adelaide and poo poo.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

Isn't qld where gold coast is? That, brisbane, and melbourne are like all I know

e; oh yeah and sydney

e2; the more I think about it I have a good idea of a lot of places in aus. Perth and adelaide and poo poo.

canberra?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
never heard of it.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Kashuno posted:

never heard of it.

it's the capital of australia, no biggie, that one is used as a knowledge question because somehow people never hear of it

:shrug:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'll tell you one thing though, in my year working the night shift and handling australians, I had never heard so many people threaten to have Australia shut down Microsoft.

Ernie. posted:

it's the capital of australia, no biggie, that one is used as a knowledge question because somehow people never hear of it

:shrug:

I only really remember cities that we had a lot of people call from when I worked nights :shrug:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

e; oh yeah and sydney

just name all the places bound to get wm right evwntually

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I know walla walla is a place

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
In high school and for a few years afterwards I always went to this one new years eve party of about 50 people. We'd hang out at this house in the middle of nowhere and it was generally a pretty classy party, and even had a bartender a couple of years. Then usually around 1-2am we would all go do a topless walk around the neighborhood. Putting a coat on after walking around in -20 with nothing on is a fantastic feeling.

One year a group of guys were driving back from some party and were extremely drunk, and they saw us do our walk so they pulled over and I guess the sight of boobs made them extremely angry because one of them wanted to fight the guys in our group. That was very strange.

Anyway, since that party stopped happening I don't really do anything for new years anymore. I kinda hate a lot about new years with the excessive drinking and the whole idea of resolutions. I most likely won't be doing anything tonight and that's fine.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Also I got my secret santa gift. It came in a reasonably large box that was impossibly light.

"Is there even anything in this box?" I wondered.

Inside was a whole bunch of newspaper.

After peeling away the newspaper bit by bit so I didn't miss anything I found a small wooden acorn.

"I, uh, don't get it." But the acorn contained secrets!!

Namely, some really pretty earrings!

There also came a card indicating that the earrings and acorn were locally made. Awesome gifts! I may just email the jewelry maker and tell her that someone way up in the frozen north is wearing her earrings.

Thanks Allen Wren

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Not that we should ever doubt keane, but this is good god-drat look.

I shaved my beard from October in this and... well it looks good. I probably won't keep it though. I'm very lazy when it comes to up-keep.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Facial hair is for civil war generals and guinness world record holders for worlds fattest twins riding motorcycles. The cool look now is smooth like a ken doll all over. Just GATTACA your whole above the neck region and never have any regrets again.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Mar 27, 2020

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Authorman posted:

Facial hair is for civil war generals and guinness world record holders for worlds fattest twins riding motorcycles. The cool look now is smooth like a ken doll all over. Just GATTACA your whole above the neck region and never have any regrets again.

I like the use of gattaca as a verb in this sentence. It makes total sense.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Biscuits rise so yes.

No. And depends.

You're wrong about hot dogs, they're very much sandwiches.

Also, due to time zones I could possibly be around. Aren't our australian friends getting their night going as we speak?

Also I think only Sandwolf has me on facebook. Ecco may be the only one who can actually find me since he knows way too much of my personal information.

HEH

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
hey I am going to be in dubtrack for most of the day (and most of the night) playing a healthy mix of carole king, out-of-season christmas, and modern pop ballads. come join for more sandwich discussions.

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
same but not that music

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Asiina posted:

Also I got my secret santa gift. It came in a reasonably large box that was impossibly light.

"Is there even anything in this box?" I wondered.

Inside was a whole bunch of newspaper.

After peeling away the newspaper bit by bit so I didn't miss anything I found a small wooden acorn.

"I, uh, don't get it." But the acorn contained secrets!!

Namely, some really pretty earrings!

There also came a card indicating that the earrings and acorn were locally made. Awesome gifts! I may just email the jewelry maker and tell her that someone way up in the frozen north is wearing her earrings.

Thanks Allen Wren

Hooray, I was worried things were going to get totally derailed, I'm glad to see that things arrived and that you dig them. I almost went with a similar pair of earrings from the same glassworker that were a really nice yellow with some traces of white, but I didn't know what sort of color best suited you, so AV and I picked this which is more neutral but still a bit fancy.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Hey if I don't see yall before New Years Eve turns to night I want to wish all of you a Happy New Years so when the ball drops you don't get left behind in December 32nd 2015 and thus have to contend with the langoliers. Because this is what happens when you aren't wished a Happy New Year. You don't get a new one at all.

I'll leave you with these words of wisdom. Remember that irreverence is one trip to LA away from irrelevance and losing who they r. Don't get blinded by the marquee lights, drama queens.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

chaoslord posted:

Capps and I have no friends in common and he is in my suggested list. Sometimes, facebook just knows.

I AM NOT A REAL PERSON

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

you wouldn't believe how many fake sonic youth profiles I added looking for capps

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
when that guy tried to make me join his business scam i told him i was thurston moore lol

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

mr.capps posted:

when that guy tried to make me join his business scam i told him i was thurston moore lol

my mom made a thurston howell joke when I told her I had given a ride to an internet stranger

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

the LYLOs have been posted!!!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3754481&pagenumber=1#post454433600

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
I just bought TEW 2013 and I was considering reviving goonfights and really putting some :effort: into the database.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Yeah you know what, Ima do it.

In the interest of not having a cluttered roster I'm going to set up the game world to have only one wrestling league at a local level with about 12 of us or so at the start after a period of devastating losses leading to the the utter destruction of the wrestling industry.
Goon Fights can usher in a shining new era of Wrestling Entertainment Media and build up from the ashes of the industry like a god drat beautiful phoenix of destiny.

Or we could fail and die and wrestling will be dead forever.

Who wants in on the starting 12?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I have decided to step down as the Ed(na?) McMahon of Goon Wrestling...
...to become the Final Boss of the Ring. :hehe:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

In the interest of not having a cluttered roster I'm going to set up the game world to have only one wrestling league at a local level with about 12 of us or so at the start after a period of devastating losses leading to the the utter destruction of the wrestling industry.
Goon Fights can usher in a shining new era of Wrestling Entertainment Media and build up from the ashes of the industry like a god drat beautiful phoenix of destiny.

Super in!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

Dibs.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Time to dust off that vince mcmahon avatar (I wish I'd saved it because for some reason soap doesn't work.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
ALSO instead of random gimmicks if you have a specific gimmick you want to have your character be let me know, this version of the game makes it a lot easier to write a gimmick if it isn't already in the database.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I would love to be in, cpig.

My gimmick is bottles. a lot of bottles.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CapitalistPig posted:

ALSO instead of random gimmicks if you have a specific gimmick you want to have your character be let me know, this version of the game makes it a lot easier to write a gimmick if it isn't already in the database.

I would like to be super strong but apathetic about actually wrestling so sometimes I nap in the middle of a fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Cpig make me a cocky face