Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I got stuck in a videogame rut and my backlog was too great and I needed to clear some room on the drive so I played some J-Stars VS+ because I bought it aeons ago and thought I was savvy and capable of finding the gem in the mongol waste and goddamn after an hour and a half I am cleansed of mind and soul and ready to play actual video games again. Holy poo poo, what a wreck that was.

System recalibrated. Let's go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So you got Titanfall 2 and you're gonna play with us in coop come Tuesday?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Snak posted:

I have, and I would, but Tuesday is my night out. I'll look into it though, given the update.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Snak posted:

Got a few days free and surprise, they start when Frontier Defense patch rolls so I'll do late nights with US goons. TF2 is loving great.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I don't mean literally Tuesday, that just when I heard the the new coop mode mifht be dropping. It's a great game though. I bought it on sale to get 15 bucks for spending a 100, but after playing the 8 hour single player and 10 hours of mp so far, I would gladly have paid full price.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I was going to play some Horizon new game plus last night but I saw there is to be DLC called the frozen wilds! Is there a release date for it? I think I might wait until it is out before I play again.

Instead, because I only had an hour or so, I played a bit of rogue legacy and good heavens I forgot how much simple fun that was.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

This year, apparently.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Snak posted:

Yeah I don't mean literally Tuesday

Oh, ok, I'm in whenever then. I'll keep an eye out and train up.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

A True Jar Jar Fan posted:

What if video games are good... and books are dumb?

Joke is on you. My favorite pastime is playable audiobooks.

You must try RPG And thus spoke Zaratustra. You can loot a dead body, hehehe.

Theres a lot of audiobooks in youtube, legal because the books are old, + youtube app => you can play books in the PS4.

Tei fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jul 20, 2017

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There's an option in the menu to always keep a selected persona as your primary equipped one, you should enable that. The most dangerous time is when you get ambushed and you have a weak persona equipped, so if you keep a no-weakness one in your primary that will help things

I have played Persona 3, 4 multiple times and have 200 hours into persona 5.
I have never known about this.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

VideoGames posted:

I was going to play some Horizon new game plus last night but I saw there is to be DLC called the frozen wilds! Is there a release date for it? I think I might wait until it is out before I play again.

Instead, because I only had an hour or so, I played a bit of rogue legacy and good heavens I forgot how much simple fun that was.

Probably not until at least October/November.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Sefal posted:

I have played Persona 3, 4 multiple times and have 200 hours into persona 5.
I have never known about this.
It's not an option in 3 or 4, only in 5. So it's not as bad as you thought.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Manatee Cannon posted:

after andrew ryan dies, the first bioshock takes a dive in quality. seemed like they had no plan for the story after that and went "uh uh uh now you're a big daddy, go fight the hulk". before that is really cool tho

Apparently the end where you fight Atlas was a producer mandate on them.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

RBA Starblade posted:

Apparently the end where you fight Atlas was a producer mandate on them.

Would you kindly add an overwrought bossfight with a minigame component?

edit: I'm probably naive but I still want System Shock 3.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
We're getting something with that name some time in the future.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Nail Rat posted:

Would you kindly add an overwrought bossfight with a minigame component?

edit: I'm probably naive but I still want System Shock 3.

Have you played Prey? You should play Prey.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah Prey really is inspired by System Shock.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Turns out Knack is the Dark Souls of Lego games

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Prey is :mediocre:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I heard Prey still doesn't run well on PS4 and somehow was made worse with patches?

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Did they ever fix the PS4 version of Prey or does it still run horirbly?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Vicarious Visions issued a press release saying that the difficulty and jumping mechanics in the Crash Trilogy are working as intended, and that "new players" may want to start with 2 or 3 and work back to the first one

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Sakurazuka posted:

From what I've heard the only similarity is has to the book is that it uses the same name.

That would be a dramatic improvement, for once.
I would still rather it was as close to 1:1 as possible so everyone could know what a piece of poo poo it is and never mention it again.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Vicarious Visions issued a press release saying :gitgud:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

MZ posted:

Did they ever fix the PS4 version of Prey or does it still run horirbly?

They did not (e: they did patch it quite some time ago, but that only made it worse). Their complete silence in the matter is inexcusable.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Prey is a great game that rewards you proportionally to what you put into it but it is definitely something I could only recommend on PC after all that's been said. Luckily it is super well optimized so you don't need a great computer to run it at 60.

Didn't dishonored 2 have issues with the console versions as well? Seems to be a running theme with arkane.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It ran absolutely horribly on launch, and regardless of how it's patched, it's absurd what a botch the game has been.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Digirat posted:

Prey is a great game that rewards you proportionally to what you put into it but it is definitely something I could only recommend on PC after all that's been said. Luckily it is super well optimized so you don't need a great computer to run it at 60.

Didn't dishonored 2 have issues with the console versions as well? Seems to be a running theme with arkane.
Dishonored 2 had massive optimization issues on PC too.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It was a mess in general before patches (mouse sensitivity inversely proportional to frame rate wtf) but I remember reading about issues with its console controls specifically as well.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Knack seems like a NES game that has escaped to the modern age, the only reason it's hard is so you can't beat it in an hour and all you do is walk forwards and hit things.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Knack 1 is like Castlevania, then.

That makes sense, Knack 2 will be like Castlevania III

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I would Hazard a guess at saying that Arkane's silence on Prey is because they've all been fired

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!
Played Prey finish to end. I finish few games. Is a gem for us vereran gamers that love real sanbox games. Is more system shock than Bioshock.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Tei posted:

Played Prey finish to end. I finish few games. Is a gem for us vereran gamers that love real sanbox games. Is more system shock than Bioshock.
Prey finish no end, tho. can't make for vererens only also casuls. not sandbox tho, still lined. bioshock like is fine.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

irlZaphod posted:

It's not an option in 3 or 4, only in 5. So it's not as bad as you thought.

You're talking about turning Persona Memory off, right?

Also a real question, can I delete individual items of DLC? I downloaded the Christmas set for Persona 5 and it shows as installed, but I can't pick it up from the attic. All the other DLC works fine. Can't figure out how to redownload it either.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Crows Turn Off posted:

Prey finish no end, tho. can't make for vererens only also casuls. not sandbox tho, still lined. bioshock like is fine.

:drat:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

There's a superhero/geek Flash Sale that just started, Arkham, Marvel vs Capcom, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, Dragon Age, etc.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

On a Thursday? Weird.

How is Slain? It's the only thing up there that's on my watchlist.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Fix posted:

On a Thursday? Weird.

How is Slain? It's the only thing up there that's on my watchlist.

Its fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 32 hours!

Crows Turn Off posted:

I don't have enough drugs here to be happy. Cut my two legs and I can still fly. Prey is awesome. The USA constitucion give people the right to be wrong about videogames.