Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
poo poo, I'll watch both.

edit: oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo

Coca Koala fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Jun 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

ReidRansom posted:

I'm almost more interested in how transparently crap the republicans are going to be in this one.

'as now-acting attorney general, what steps are you taking to prosecute hillary clinton for her crimes as a somali warlord?'

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

evilweasel posted:

awesome

that's definitely not what he wanted

https://mobile.twitter.com/ZoeTillman/status/874280058143297540

:rolleye:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

O/U on days after his testimony that Trump fires him at 4 or thereabouts?

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Haha yeah loving right there is no way Sessions wanted to be questioned in public.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Can someone tell McCain to get a good night's sleep before this one.

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
He lied to congress, he'll have no problem lying again.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

trickybiscuits posted:

The Clintons faced so many lawsuits that when they left the White House in 2001 all their money was gone to lawyer's fees and they had to scramble to make more (book deals, speaking engagements). I would love to see Trump get out of the White House with far less money than he came in with.

The dress is not supposed to fit that way. Having a tight fit was more important to her than having a good fit.

Ivanka really is stunning.

That's not creepy, as I'm not her father.

Covok posted:

Not trying to sound like a smart rear end, but the second I looked at the armor and all the parts it didn't cover and all its holes, my first thought was "that poo poo will do absolutely nothing against a knife."

Homie isn't even wearing a gorget!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Yeah, I don't​ trust that he'll tell the truth. I hope he perjures himself.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

nerox posted:

Can someone tell McCain to get a good night's sleep before this one.

I just checked, today is a travel day for the Diamondbacks, so he should be well-rested.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Yesssss....

What' I'm actually looking forward to, in addition to watching racist-kebler-elf squirm, is that I'm sure Trump is aware of the ratings of these hearings and will probably testify in public just so he can brag about how many more people watched his testimony than Sessions and Comey.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Pollyanna posted:

"senator, i do not recall anything before yesterday afternoon, which to the best of my imperfect recollection involved no russians"

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fansy posted:

He lied to congress, he'll have no problem lying again.

His lying to congress is a major reason we have a Special Counsel.

So you know what, go ahead, elf. Lie your cold little heart out.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

whydirt posted:

I love Arrested Development, but the whole Mr. F plot line does not hold up well.

The Climax of that plotline was probably the greatest moment in television history, though.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pollyanna posted:

They're definitely going to be asking questions they already know the answers to.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

morcant posted:

This'll be under oath like Comey, right?

Yep.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

Why would he do this? Maybe so he can claim that he can't answer anything because it's classified?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Chilichimp posted:

The Climax of that plotline was probably the greatest moment in television history, though.

"Why am I not going under the water" might be the hardest I ever laughed at anything

Pikavangelist
Nov 9, 2016

There is no God but Arceus
And Pikachu is His prophet

Captain Invictus posted:

speaking of enabling the alt-right, there was intense whiplash in regards to one of the most amazing-looking trailers at Microsoft's E3 presentation, The Last Night. It looks like a mishmash of low-res 2D sprite pixel art mixed with cel-shaded 3D and has an insanely good Blade Runner style to it. I was like "that looks amazing I should wishlist it", and then I almost immediately found out the creator is a hardcore gamergater and the plot is literally "thanks to progressivism and automation, humanity has lost its way"

I'm just going to quote @pixelatedboat for the only proper response to that shitshow:

https://twitter.com/pixelatedboat/status/874083995050328064

EDIT: Huh, I could have sworn I hit F5 and didn't see any new pages.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

morcant posted:

Neither does the episode where Maeby goes around telling people Lindsay is a transwoman, by use of a slur. I always skip that one on rewatches, too.

The point of the show is that all of the Bluths are deplorable human beings. Maeby no exception.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
Nothing will happen because nothing matters

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I wish Al Franken could join in like how they let John McCain in last time.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

HappyHippo posted:

Why would he do this? Maybe so he can claim that he can't answer anything because it's classified?

Might he also be able to invoke executive privilege?

My guess is the admin sees this as another opportunity to get "Trump was never under investigation" and "Comey is a leaker!" out there.

I'm sure the Republican committee members will lob him softballs and be very concerned about Clinton's emails but the questions from Dems are not gonna be pretty.

I'm sad Franken won't be there (he can't sit in on this like McCain, right)?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/874284208386187264

I love the picture of all the craven worms who are willing to work for Trump having to yes him to death when he comes out with pure delusion like this.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

HappyHippo posted:

the simplest answer is burr told him it was going to be public and gave him the opportunity to decide that he wanted it to be public

much like when someone is about to be fired they are often allowed to decide that they want to resign and spend more time with their wife and kids

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
The best arrested development joke is the one were tobias is black because they never actually got to the point where they had the punchline that explained that and it's just a million weird references to a nonsense concept that never actually resolves into anything.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Be careful he doesn't bring his oathin' hand. Ahh Kate :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDhU8oF4fo&t=78s

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jun 12, 2017

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
The entire storyline leading up to Busters hand is perfect. Every episode has at least one joke that isn't a joke until you know what is going to happen. Rewatching this show is when it takes funny to a higher gear.

E: MRF and Shemale would never make it to air in todays overly PC environment. A reminder of a better time.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
There needs to be a Senate Committee for Asking Good Questions in Hearings with Franken as permanent chair.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

mcmagic posted:

https://twitter.com/jeneps/status/874284208386187264

I love the picture of all the craven worms who are willing to work for Trump having to yes him to death when he comes out with pure delusion like this.

I can say with great confidence that at this point... I would be a better president than this lunatic.

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fitzy Fitz posted:

I wish Al Franken could join in as John McCain.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Pellisworth posted:

I'm sure the Republican committee members will lob him softballs and be very concerned about Clinton's emails but the questions from Dems are not gonna be pretty.

During the comey hearing other than mccain they basically stayed on topic. lankford was kinda soft ball and everyone else stayed at least within reason of doing the job they were there to do.

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Chilichimp posted:

I can say with great confidence that at this point... I would be a better president than this lunatic.

Ah the American Dream is alive again!

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Glazier posted:

Be careful he doesn't bring his oathin' hand. Ahh Kate :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDhU8oF4fo&t=78s

I wish Steve Martin was a Senator.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

trickybiscuits posted:

The dress is not supposed to fit that way. Having a tight fit was more important to her than having a good fit.
This is loving stupid. Don't slut-shame anyone, not even a fascist. Her dress fits poorly because all women's clothing, no matter the size, is cut for B-cup breasts, and she, like most women, does not have b-cup breasts. Nothing short of getting clothing custom made can prevent that problem, so quit ascribing lascivious or vain motives to it.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
the uh cutesy names are annoying, but lol

https://twitter.com/SteveKopack/status/874289845354541056

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe
I don't see how this won't just be Sessions pulling a Gonzales for an hour and a half.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

evilweasel posted:

the simplest answer is burr told him it was going to be public and gave him the opportunity to decide that he wanted it to be public

much like when someone is about to be fired they are often allowed to decide that they want to resign and spend more time with their wife and kids

Yeah this makes the most sense I guess.

I hope he says something that causes Trump to fire him.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

During the comey hearing other than mccain they basically stayed on topic. lankford was kinda soft ball and everyone else stayed at least within reason of doing the job they were there to do.

Senator Risch was there waxing on the meaning of words without any context. It's safe to say that wasn't in the job description of Senate Intelligence Committee Member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

Chilichimp posted:

A stereotypical goon president would trade narcissistic personality disorder for either schizoid or avoidant personality disorder. Not sure if that's equally bad but it's different.

• Locked thread