Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

Dalael posted:

As attested by previous posts, im on yer side and want to help you.

- Convince Papi leadership to go back home.
- Disband Test
- hand me 150b isk
- Swear alligiance to Mittani
And
- Give us Vily hogtied with an apple in his mouth

And I will convince the rest of the imperium to act like this invasion hasn happened, which shouldnt be too hard since in many ways it hasnt.

After this war panfam will go back to the drone lands and fill line member pockets with Isk.

I then put a 90% chance that TEST will get dunked by panfam at somepoint in the next 2 years. Unless goons do it before us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DGC773 posted:

After this war panfam will go back to the drone lands and fill line member pockets with Isk.

I then put a 90% chance that TEST will get dunked by panfam at somepoint in the next 2 years. Unless goons do it before us.

We all know you’re in test and stealing PH valour

DGC773
Sep 10, 2010

beep-boop, I'm a Nummy Bacon Bot. I scrape your posts for bacon points!

To get your current bacon points message me with !bacon_points

To opt out of collecting nummy bacon points, just put me on ignore!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

We all know you’re in test and stealing PH valour

This is the most offensive thing someone has said to me in this thread so far.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
the truth hurts sometimes ;(

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

DGC773 posted:

This is the most offensive thing someone has said to me in this thread so far.

Yeah i wouldn't want to be associated with TEST either

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002
Do rogue drones still drop poo poo that gets refined to minerals? Seems to me that would make the drone lands a pretty good place to be given the recent mining nerfs

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I believe they drop scrap metal which turns into trit sooooo

MOVE OP LADS

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Jazzzzz posted:

Do rogue drones still drop poo poo that gets refined to minerals? Seems to me that would make the drone lands a pretty good place to be given the recent mining nerfs

They do not. They got rid of this a long time ago.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

They do not. They got rid of this a long time ago.

Well gently caress

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
mirkali calm down dingus

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I hear TEST is doing well in Esoteria

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
so about the "exploit" thing

there is nothing wrong with anchoring 140 bubbles for a tactical advantage.

but it's pretty obvious that the REAL intent wasn't for the tactical advantage, but for the lag that was caused as a result. this doesn't make it bannable.

the biggest problem is that normal people are denied this opportunity because the GMS deem it a disproportinate use of the server systems, or an attempt to cause lag. CCP prioritizes these tickets confirming or denying the use of tactics based on who literally asks for it- if a nullsec EFF CEE says " i need 500 bubbles to defend my keepstar" it's okay, but if a rando says " i need 25 cans to decloak BRs" it's not, because the former is backed up by a coalition, and the latter is derided by the playerbase.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
CCP hates Globby confirmed

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Solus posted:

CCP hates Globby confirmed

Was that ever in doubt? He's the reason they have a customer service department. Aggrieved pubbies screaming at ccp about space pixels until they get refunds.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

so about the "exploit" thing

there is nothing wrong with anchoring 140 bubbles for a tactical advantage.

but it's pretty obvious that the REAL intent wasn't for the tactical advantage, but for the lag that was caused as a result. this doesn't make it bannable.

the biggest problem is that normal people are denied this opportunity because the GMS deem it a disproportinate use of the server systems, or an attempt to cause lag. CCP prioritizes these tickets confirming or denying the use of tactics based on who literally asks for it- if a nullsec EFF CEE says " i need 500 bubbles to defend my keepstar" it's okay, but if a rando says " i need 25 cans to decloak BRs" it's not, because the former is backed up by a coalition, and the latter is derided by the playerbase.

That seems like a good way to run a game where the players a paying you a monthly fee.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again
Still hilarious to me to see goons and horde (and test) fleet up together to bash some Darkside citadel in high sec with all this going on.

The lure of that TTT money is strong I guess.

Also super gross.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Loky11 posted:

Still hilarious to me to see goons and horde (and test) fleet up together to bash some Darkside citadel in high sec with all this going on.

Also super gross.

It's space capitalism all the way down.

PS: now that the store is back up (and someone who wants to ban lowtax is giving away at least $1200 of free store stuff in GBS) it might be time for a newbie drive.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Micromancer posted:

I kind of want to get a crew of people in KFU to run FOBs but I have no idea when I would actually do it or really even what everyone should run.

We need one in KFU, one of our main systems has two pirate bases in it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Loky11 posted:

Also super gross.

Can't have their joint monopoly taken now, now can we!

Now ignore the fact that Goons are complaining about Frat/TEST/Horde going to take over all of Eve, they already have.

Anias
Jun 3, 2010

It really is a lovely hat

iospace posted:

Can't have their joint monopoly taken now, now can we!

Now ignore the fact that Goons are complaining about Frat/TEST/Horde going to take over all of Eve, they already have.

Eh, having sov Null go full Serenity would suck. Keeping hisec unhappy and poor is good for null. W space is closer to null than high sec in terms of interests, so keeping hisec poor is good for wspace too.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Hey Eve got back to me about the Boson not working:

quote:

Hello Stereotype, Paragon here.

Thank you for contacting the Player Experience Team. Unfortunately, I have very little that I can say at this time besides that we are aware of this issue and we are working on fixing it. I am sure that we will give out an official statement on this at a later time.

I can only apologize for this unfortunate experience on our behalf and assure you that we are working on fixing this. If you have any further questions or if there is anything else that you need my help with then please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
GM Paragon
CCP Player Experience | EVE Online

So I guess we have an official statement to look forward to

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Loky11 posted:

Also super gross.

I don't know what any of this means but any 'goon' who is not actually in the alliance needs to shush

minchar
Feb 10, 2013

Phlegmish posted:

I don't know what any of this means but any 'goon' who is not actually in the alliance needs to shush

Imperium/Panfam/Legacy have an agreement where they run a group called the Tranquility Trading Consortium together. This is the group that runs the keepstar in perimeter, for example, named the Tranquility Trading Tower. They cooperate to defend this structure and attack any competitors, which is still continuing despite the powers being at war currently.

This is happening because the three powers decided a while ago that it wasn't worth constantly fighting over who holds the keepstar near the trade hubs that is used for plex/skill injector trading, because high sec war is terrible and unfun. So instead the three agreed to cooperatively run it and split the proceeds.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/276813-imp-tranquility-trading-consortium-treaty/

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

there are plenty of us outside GSF or the swarm in general.

You're both wrong and bad.

Pointing out the hypocrisy inherent in fighting a total war against an enemy intent on wiping you out but still helping defend some structure is super lol.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

minchar posted:

Imperium/Panfam/Legacy have an agreement where they run a group called the Tranquility Trading Consortium together. This is the group that runs the keepstar in perimeter, for example, named the Tranquility Trading Tower. They cooperate to defend this structure and attack any competitors, which is still continuing despite the powers being at war currently.

This is happening because the three powers decided a while ago that it wasn't worth constantly fighting over who holds the keepstar near the trade hubs that is used for plex/skill injector trading, because high sec war is terrible and unfun. So instead the three agreed to cooperatively run it and split the proceeds.

https://goonfleet.com/index.php/topic/276813-imp-tranquility-trading-consortium-treaty/

Thanks for actually explaning it!

Loky11 posted:

there are plenty of us outside GSF or the swarm in general.

You're both wrong and bad.

Well, I can only shake my head at that. To live life without honor, without pride, without camaraderie, does not seem like living at all, but I guess I need to accept that different personalities exist.

e: we should still not care about what those people have to say though lol

Phlegmish fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Oct 21, 2020

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Phlegmish posted:

Feel free to make a GOONFLEET ONLY thread in the private server subforum or something otherwise gently caress off with this poo poo

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

ecksdeeeeeee

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Feel free to make a GOONFLEET ONLY thread in the private server subforum or something otherwise gently caress off with this poo poo

I'm not actually telling anyone to leave, just expressing my contempt. Feel free to post all you want.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Phlegmish posted:

:jerkbag:

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Phlegmish posted:

I'm not actually telling anyone to leave, just expressing my contempt. Feel free to post all you want.

you're one of those people who joins a religion or group and is super hardcore into it because it's cool and new and good. You're unable to objectively view flaws or hypocrisies inherent to any system.

You'll get there eventually.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

at the very least folks like iospace and loky aren't goonfuckers that i know of and they play eve, so theyre cool

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Phlegmish posted:

Yes they are obviously traitors, but we never want to discourage people from posting. :justpost:

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Loky11 posted:

you're one of those people who joins a religion or group and is super hardcore into it because it's cool and new and good. You're unable to objectively view flaws or hypocrisies inherent to any system.

You'll get there eventually.

I already see the flaws, but it doesn't matter, I'm a goon. The only reason I started playing this game is because it seemed cool to play with my fellow goons, and it is. I do like this site, if I joined a different group, and then started attacking goons or bitterly talking poo poo about them, I would feel dirty and ashamed somehow. I'd rather just quit altogether.

As I said, I guess I need to accept that there are people who think differently, but that doesn't mean they should be immune from pushback.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

I already see the flaws, but it doesn't matter, I'm a goon. The only reason I started playing this game is because it seemed cool to play with my fellow goons, and it is. I do like this site, if I joined a different group, and then started attacking goons or bitterly talking poo poo about them, I would feel dirty and ashamed somehow. I'd rather just quit altogether.

As I said, I guess I need to accept that there are people who think differently, but that doesn't mean they should be immune from pushback.

You get that the Imperium isn't just SA posters right? It isn't even majority SA posters. I don't think SA posters even represent a significant minority. It's just a bunch of pubbies with a few posters in it.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

M. Night Skymall posted:

You get that the Imperium isn't just SA posters right? It isn't even majority SA posters. I don't think SA posters even represent a significant minority. It's just a bunch of pubbies with a few posters in it.

Right, that's why I'm in GoonWaffe and not KF or whatever.

Do what you want, but a single tear will run down my cheek as I think of our wayward brethren

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

Phlegmish posted:

The only reason I started playing this game is because it seemed cool to play with my fellow goons

This is an antiquated idea. GSF is very far from its original roots. The only way to play eve with your fellow goons these days is to play toilet eve. Otherwise you gotta accept that you're joining an eve guild that is mostly run by a reddit group (kf).

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

since the horn went out there are more forums posters back and goonwaffe looks like an actual corp with a large contingent of SA posters, but other than Stereotype and Kazinsal i dont know a lot of the posters from outside of this thread

also, I saw Elo Knight is in goonwaffe. Why did i think he came with Origin. ? I also saw he has an alt in charge of Origin., so i guess im confused?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Snail Information posted:

This is an antiquated idea. GSF is very far from its original roots. The only way to play eve with your fellow goons these days is to play toilet eve. Otherwise you gotta accept that you're joining an eve guild that is mostly run by a reddit group (kf).

I've been on a few fleets with KF people, and honestly, they seemed cool enough. Sure, they won't get all of the classic references, but i haven't seen the 'hilarious' Jew/Hitler ship names and stuff that you get with PAPI all the time.

And if they're dominating the alliance, well, if all of the lost sons joined GW it might be a different story.

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010

minchar posted:

I've always wondered how that doesn't get war dec'd to poo poo but never bothered to find out. Thanks.

Yesterday I fleeted up with someone who is corp-red to me due to a leader spat, but all the members think it's stupid and none of us have ever bothered to shoot each other. We managed to take out a barghest rat which was pretty cool (and profitable!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Interdictor and Combat Inty update inbound.

All the interdictors but the Sabre get some buffs, and the Heretic and Flycatcher get more tank. The Eris looks to be the armor version of the Sabre after this. Combat Inties get an overheat bonus to prop mods, but I don't know if that'll return them to their inty fleet heydays.

But... the big thing?

They're adding in web bubbles for interdictors :getin: