Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
There are multiple versions of America's greatest TV export ‘90 Day Fiancé' where people from previous seasons watch and comment on whatever the current one is while eating in bed. The UK is not the only criminal here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Creature posted:

The UK is not the only criminal here.

https://i.imgur.com/vLb5UnX.mp4

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Rockman Reserve posted:

seriously, the rest of the episodes are speculation about letting technology consume more of our lives and the impact on our social structure

the first episode is “lol what if the prime minister hosed a pig on TV”

i’ve somehow seen it like three times and call me loving dense or whatever but it doesn’t have any themes or anything to say, it’s just sensationalist schlock surrounded by a flimsy “no no seriously it could happen!”

I assume some folks involved in making the episode had heard rumors about the PM having already hosed a pig in the past, since it had happened years earlier. Which made the episode inherently hilarious to everyone "in the know". Tee hee the public doesn't know.

But for everyone else it was just weird and disconnected from anything.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Creature posted:

There are multiple versions of America's greatest TV export ‘90 Day Fiancé' where people from previous seasons watch and comment on whatever the current one is while eating in bed. The UK is not the only criminal here.

saw the same format for reality show about grave robbers and vultures, Storage Wars

American TV has no bottom or shame

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Rockman Reserve posted:

seriously, the rest of the episodes are speculation about letting technology consume more of our lives and the impact on our social structure

the first episode is “lol what if the prime minister hosed a pig on TV”

i’ve somehow seen it like three times and call me loving dense or whatever but it doesn’t have any themes or anything to say, it’s just sensationalist schlock surrounded by a flimsy “no no seriously it could happen!”

That's like saying that '15 million merits' is about a guy working hard to get his love interest on a talent show

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Das Boo posted:

Butty Corgers.

I haven’t heard much of him since Smooshing Puckins broke up

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Captain Hygiene posted:

I mean, it's British food, that could provide some valuable flavor

does america not have chocolate eclairs lol

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

hemale in pain posted:

does america not have chocolate eclairs lol

They are called 'Chocula dogs' there.

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

Creature posted:

and it's way better than the base show because they cut out all the filler to make room for those people's snide remarks

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

If there were ever a group dedicated to refuting nihilism, reaction videos would surely make them give up entirely

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

codo27 posted:

If there were ever a group dedicated to refuting nihilism, reaction videos would surely make them give up entirely

A solid proof that we are living in hell is kinda disputation of nihilism, is it not?

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 54 minutes!
This is anarchism!!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Japanese tv shows have had those little “host reaction” Picture in Picture thing for a long time. That plus the synchronized audience noises.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm the guy parking filthy work boots 6 inches away from... well... I'm not quite sure :raise: Looks like it's supposed to be food so that's a bit rude at best.

They're chocolate eclairs and layered lemon slices

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
goons sometimes have trouble identifying small pastries

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Empty Sandwich posted:

Especially when, in all fairness, they do just look like a sliver of butter and some depressing hot dogs

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Empty Sandwich posted:

Only with our eyes, the nature of the food becomes evident once we utilize our sensitive maw.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
The UK is a big care home and hospice with a partially functional economy strapped to it. TV designed to provide the mentally deteriorating with low-level stimulation and the illusion of companionship is just part of the experience.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I used to think reaction videos were the laziest form of content, but then those AI reading Reddit posts videos came out.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

I haven’t heard much of him since Smooshing Puckins broke up

this gave me an lol. just imagine a stuffy british man in a suit stiffly holding a cup of tea and primly discussing “the music of butty corgers.”

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Takes No Damage posted:

This is one aspect of their culture that I actually appreciate. Take all the best Seinfeld jokes each season and compress them down into 6 absolutely solid gold episodes every year.

Two legs bad! Four on the floor good!

"Fingers, Rupert's Fingers! What kind of kids eat Rupert's Fingers? Fat kids, skinny kids, kids that climb on rocks..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fQwJdXFQlU

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Hell of a way to prove which color was the right one.

"No, the dress was a black & blue!"

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Android Apocalypse posted:

"No, the dress was a black & blue!"

Just like the bruises on his wife I'm sure

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

There's a show on one of the Discovery channel networks that had a segment showing a bunch of turkeys walking in a circle around a roadkilled animal. Like 15 or 20 of them. It was creepy as hell and I don't think they ever came up with an explanation for it. Maybe turkeys just like to walk circles around dead things and we don't have enough video of it to know why yet? :shrug:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-LWlMCIgPA

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I would've preferred not seeing the video with the deceased kitty. :(

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

OMFG FURRY posted:

saw the same format for reality show about grave robbers and vultures, Storage Wars

American TV has no bottom or shame

There's a Finnish version of Storage Wars despite the fact that such auctions do not and cannot exist in Finland.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Some home grown (not homegrown) cursed image as I found this today when doing yardwork.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Takes No Damage posted:

I'm the guy parking filthy work boots 6 inches away from... well... I'm not quite sure :raise: Looks like it's supposed to be food so that's a bit rude at best.

how do they get to the door

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

muscles like this! posted:

Some home grown (not homegrown) cursed image as I found this today when doing yardwork.

must've been a bad breakup

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

muscles like this! posted:

How long have you lived at this place?

Did that come from a neighbor, or are you haunted now?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Nobody Interesting posted:

how do they get to the door

They don't, they aren't allowed to leave the TV telly hell. eclairs are lowered through the ceiling to keep them fed

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

steinrokkan posted:

They don't, they aren't allowed to leave the TV telly hell. eclairs are lowered through the ceiling to keep them fed

Ok, I'm circling back around to being interested

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Remind me again why people claim Europe is better than America?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Could probably get the world to pay for a wall around england as long as they weren't allowed to leave

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Milo and POTUS posted:

Could probably get the world to pay for a wall around england as long as they weren't allowed to leave

The English Channel should have taken care of that but they built a tunnel

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

I. M. Gei posted:

In the same way that bowel cancer is better than pancreatic cancer.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I. M. Gei posted:

Somewhat better income inequality and public services from not falling into the trap of economic liberalization in the 80s and 90s as much as the US. But you may recall the UK very publicly decided to NOT to be a part of Europe recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lmao at the English making GBS threads on the other English when they're all literally literally the same in every way.